Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I only stayed for one night but i went alone and without planning my trip, the staff were the sweetest people ive ever met, they explained everything perfectly and helped me organize my day so i wouldnt lose time. They do their job to perfection and with love. They are one of my best memories from Kyoto. The bedrooms are plainly to sleep in, which i found very usefull, there is much space in the rest of the hostel to hang out, cook, wash etc.. Its very cosy and welcoming. I met people instantly.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Kyoto has been the best place I have visited so far both in Japan and on the rest of our journey. This was fully aided by staying at Jiyujin. The staff are very friendly and their enthusiasm really makes you feel welcome straight away. The rooms are comfortable and well ventilated and the lounge area has everything you will need on your stay. The reception is closed from 11am to 4pm however we arrived at 12.30pm and were still able to drop our bags off and come back later to check in. Go here :)

The room that I stayed in smelled so bad that I couldn't sleep well. I was able to talk to the staff the next day to get some air freshener. I've stayed at many hostels before and I understand sometimes it just smells, but this was more than a normal smell that I couldn't stand.

• 13th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was super friendly and nice :) And the hostel itself is cozy, clean, and cute. I'd definitely stay here again! Also I recommend renting a bike from this hostel to go around Kyoto - it's a much more fun and convenient way of getting around, and it's a fair price too.

You for excellent service! :)

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Hungary
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The atmosphere was really pleasant and the 2 girls at the reception were lovely! they gave me many good tips, remember always to ask them and take their maps cause they are really good. Last day they even gave me an origami as a present! The location was good cause near a bus and metro station and only 5 minutes from Kyoto station. The place was cleaned every day and they have all comforts, from the necessary air conditioning, to the washing machine and well accessorized kitchen.

• 9th Aug 2015

They wouldn't let us stay for 2 hours while we waited for our night bus, claiming that the lounge and kitchen were for the guests who were checked in. While I understand this to be the policy for some places, the rooms weren't even being used and we simply had no choice but to sit at the bus station for 4 hours.

The location is quiet convenient. The metro and buses for famous tourist spots are very near. Also convenience store 7-11, 24h supermarket, restaurants, postoffice. Staffs are extremely kind! They gave me a lot of suggestions like how to go to somewhere, how to buy cheaper tickets, also opening hours and times for buses and metro. Every time I went out or came back they gave me a warmly welcome. The room was clean and my roommates were nice! I will live here next time when I come back to Kyoto

• 6th Aug 2015
  • China

The staff are amazingly hospitable - and go out of their way to help.

• 6th Aug 2015

The owner and staffs are extremely helpful and friendly:) Definitely would be recommending people to stay here ! The bathroom and shower room is one of the best you can find in Kyoto's hostel, and it's very clean.

Fantastic guesthouse: good location and very clean. The staff was so helpful and friendly!

Wonderful staff, clean rooms, and fast WIFI. I is agreat value for Kyoto.

We had a great time at Jiyujin hostel. We had everything we needed, we got explanations and maps to guide us to all the places we wanted to see. Everything was super clean and tidy. The common area had everything a traveler needs and we also got to meet other travelers. If I ever come to Kyoto, I will stay at Jiyujin for sure !

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Israel

We are 4 girl backpackers from Bangkok Thailand. We are happy, very very happy about you. about guesthouse - we very like your Japanese style, space, function and material. about location - very near subway station, we can walk and near supermarket. about staff and service - love,very good first impression about your service mind and your kindly. about our room - good,comfort and clean Thanks for your kindly and we hope see you again

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

Super super clean! Super friendly staff; you can access wifi anywhere in this hostel. I found this area with a serenity in the city centre, nice place!

The hostel was super nice and clean and the staff were really friendly! The beds are a bit noisy but you get curtains for full privacy in your bed.

Our room, Japanese futon style, absolutely reeked of mildew. It wasn't subtle. It was overwhelming.

Excellent hostel for those who want a calm, clean hostel with very friendly staff!

Staff was extremely nice! We had to come in late and they made accommodations for us and even went to look for us! They would even ask how our day was when we came back after a trip and was helpful in giving directions. The hostel was a bit further than we'd liked from the train station and theres no road signs so it was a bit difficult finding it. Overall great facilities, had everything we needed.

Staffs were really really helpful and nice on traveling suggestions or restaurants. Room is clean and neat, bathroom also good. Only 1 station away from Kyoto station, or only 10 minutes by walk. All is good :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3