Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Very good location. Approximately 10 minutes from the Kyoto Station on foot, and it is very close to subway station as well. The staff were very friendly and the hostel is very clean and well equipped. The rooms are small, but it is fine for two people. I am definetely recommend this place if you would like to have cheap and nice accommodation for your stay in Kyoto.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

It's the cleanest, best organised hostel I've ever been in. Everything is arranged perfectly by an excellent staff, who is always ready to help you and has showed to be really kind-hearted by taking care of me when I was sick as if I was their own relative. Next time I'll go to Kyoto I will definitely come back here: highly recommended!

• 7th Apr 2015

I absolutely had to 100% this place, it's now my favourite hostel out of my entire trip in Asia. If I had to narrow it down to three main things that I liked the most about it, I'd probably say the staff, the cleanliness, and the location. The staff were always so enjoyable to talk to, the place is IMPECCABLY clean, and it's right in between Kyoto Station and downtown Kyoto (~20 min walk either way). I don't have enough space to go on and on, so I'm just going to say thanks again guys!

Pros: - Very nice and helpful staff - Clean and comfortable Cons: - No lockable locker to store bags - Limited number of showers

The highlight of this place is its staff and cleanliness. They have the sweetest, most accommodating people and the place was impeccably clean during my stay. The beds themselves weren't the most comfortable, but for the price I'm paying, I'll take it. It's conveniently located near bus stops and the Gojo station (one stop away from Kyoto) as well as two 7-11s. It's easy to find at night if you study the area carefully but it is hidden between small alleys. Will stay again!

Great familiar runed hostel. All the staff is very kind. Its not a place to party,but to have a good sleeping night and find incredible clean instalattions.

Super friendly and helpful staff, small but handy kitchen, lounge/common room is tiny so when hostel is full there is not much space to hang out in the evening/morning. Super clean and quiet. Good location, very close to metro and bus lines.

Very friendly staffs in this hostel. I would stay in this hostel my next trip to Kyoto. Close to Kiyomizudera temple.

Everything is very new, very good facilities, very nice staff although they dont speak too much english, very clean... very good value for money!

This hostel was wonderful, the best one I ever stayed. No matter the cleanliness or the hospitality of the staff is very very good!

Execellent staff and a good budget option for Kyoto, with bus and metro you visit easily all the sites

you plan to visit kyoto, you should definitely go to juyoh hotel. Very cheap for a single private room, the staff is extremely kind and helpful. well situated (about 10 min by feet from kyoto station). if you go there, you should take your breakfast at ginko cafe ( 50m at the left of the hotel), the breakfast is cheap and the staff is nice as well :)

I had a perfect stay here. The ladies at the desk were the sweetest and incredibly helpful. They go out of their own way to make your stay amazing and comfortable. They even gave me an origami crane :) I would highly recommend this hostel ❤️

This is a very nice hostel. Very clean. Curtained dorm beds for privacy. Very friendly and helpful staff. Some English. No lockers but room doors lock automatically. Near buses and subway. I would stay here again if I come back to Kyoto.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great place to stay. Staff very friendly and good English. Hired bikes from here as well foo 500 yen per day

The hostel had great staff and environment. They helped us with maps and tips to find places we wanted to go, and even spend time with us at gathering room at night. Everything is very clean and organized. Great central location. Overall, awesome experience!!

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Great staff. Small rooms but it's japan so it's normal super clean. Great stay. Keep in mind that the reception is closed during the day so if you check in or arrive during the day you have to plan around that. I would stay here again.

the cleanest hostel ive stayed in. the staff were just fantastic, happy ,helpful as good as it gets. thanks girls. met some nice people also, great central location. ill be back. paul Australia.

• 9th Dec 2014

Excellent hostel. The staff is hard working, extremely friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. The common room is comfortable, and I had quite a few nice chats with other guests!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Clean and tidy, very nice staff.