Jiyujin

9.3
Superb 595 Total Reviews

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
21st Jan 2017

The staff is kind, helpful and warm. I bothered them a lot on the locations of the tourist sites, however, they are always helpful to guide me! Before the day of my checkout, they wrote me a Chinese handwriting for Chinese New Year. I was shocked, but I felt warm of being a solo traveller. I would recommend anyone to stay here!

21st Jan 2017

I have stayed in hostels in Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Venice, Paris, and Athens. This hostel was amazing. The staff was so helpful and wanted to insure that their guests had a fantastic time in Kyoto. I could not recommend them more. The hostel was also very clean and was in an amazing location!

20th Jan 2017

The receptionist was a very nice lady that spoke English well and will recommend local local things to do and how to get around. I highly recommend getting a bus day pass and leave from Gojo station which is near by. The rooms are small it USA standards but quite comfortable and a good value. Be sure to use the common area and items available from reception. The toilets were superb and the warm seats helped me through some explosive situations.

2nd Dec 2016

Nice, small hostel! Good location, very friendly staff. Nice common room for meeting people and talking.

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
29th Nov 2016

Staff incredibly friendly and helpful, place is set-up well.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Nov 2016

Great location and great facilities, although their luggage storage policy was a bit troublesome and lame.. The dorm rooms leave very little space for you to lay your suitcase out, but for a few nights it's fine.

We clealy mention our rule of tempoarily luggage storage on our website and our page of Howtel World. Thus, there is no doubt that you had understood our rule and policy when you made your reservation. Also we explained same thing when you asked us to leave your luggage on the date of cheking-out that we could accept your luggage only if you pick it up between opening hours. On the date of your checking-out, you confirmed us the checking-out time. After that, you went out without saying anything. We supposed thath you would come back to checking-out by 11am. However, you did not come back by 11am. And we found that we had not gotten the room key back and your luggage still had remained in the room. After checking-out time, we need to clean up and prepare the rooms and beds for new guests.We were so surprised of this. Regards.

• stimulatingrhetoric4081
  • USA, Male, 31-40
20th Nov 2016

Had such a great stay, spent two nights in a single private. Very clean and quiet with comfortable a bed, perfect place after a long day of walking and sightseeing. Short walk and subway ride to Gion, could even just walk there.

17th Nov 2016

This place is great. The owners were so nice and helpful. It's really close to a couple bus stops that you take to get to most of the main tourist attractions in Kyoto. It's also relatively close to the station. The owners offered advice on where to go and how to get there. You can buy bus passes at the hostel which made everything even more convenient. The hostel is small enough that you never had to wait long for a shower or bathroom. Very clean and comfortable beds.

13th Nov 2016

The staff was the best part of here. They're very nice and helpful. They drew me a map and circled places to visit. When I asked generic hard abstract questions (where's the best place to go, etc) they seemed to really think about it rather than give a standard answer. Rooms are always musty and I'm not sure why.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
6th Nov 2016

Made my stay in Kyoto even more enjoyable. Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were quiet, bedding was soft and comfortable, bathrooms were clean, nice and close to public transport too so getting around was a breeze. Would definitely stay here again!