Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Small quiet hostel in a great location close to bus and subway and walking distance to gion and the shopping area. Lacks a good common area and there are only two showers. The ladies who work there are lovely and very helpful.

Nice owner, good location and all you need for a stay in kyoto.

A really clean and nice hostel with an extremely friendly staff. My favourite in Japan!

Clean, cosy and comfortable. Great place to stay!

Great place to stay!

I arrived with a broken foot, the lady behind the desk was so caring and checking up on me. She recommended some great places to eat near by and the hostel was very clean and quiet.

A perfect stay !! very kind and hepful people !! Very useful advises, and bikes to rent : very cheap !! if one day I come back in Kyoto, I will comme back here !! Undoubtly !

• 22nd Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I have already stayied. Very good staff, cleanliness e location, just one subway station far from Kyoto Station.

Very good location. Approximately 10 minutes from the Kyoto Station on foot, and it is very close to subway station as well. The staff were very friendly and the hostel is very clean and well equipped. The rooms are small, but it is fine for two people. I am definetely recommend this place if you would like to have cheap and nice accommodation for your stay in Kyoto.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Definitely among the best 3 hostels I've found during my trips in Asia so far. The staff is really friendly and helpful, the place is super clean and has all the facilities you need. The beds are provided with curtains to give privacy. Kyoto station is only 10 min walking. I would definitely stay again at this place if I had to come back to Kyoto.

It's the cleanest, best organised hostel I've ever been in. Everything is arranged perfectly by an excellent staff, who is always ready to help you and has showed to be really kind-hearted by taking care of me when I was sick as if I was their own relative. Next time I'll go to Kyoto I will definitely come back here: highly recommended!

• 7th Apr 2015

I absolutely had to 100% this place, it's now my favourite hostel out of my entire trip in Asia. If I had to narrow it down to three main things that I liked the most about it, I'd probably say the staff, the cleanliness, and the location. The staff were always so enjoyable to talk to, the place is IMPECCABLY clean, and it's right in between Kyoto Station and downtown Kyoto (~20 min walk either way). I don't have enough space to go on and on, so I'm just going to say thanks again guys!

Pros: - Very nice and helpful staff - Clean and comfortable Cons: - No lockable locker to store bags - Limited number of showers

The highlight of this place is its staff and cleanliness. They have the sweetest, most accommodating people and the place was impeccably clean during my stay. The beds themselves weren't the most comfortable, but for the price I'm paying, I'll take it. It's conveniently located near bus stops and the Gojo station (one stop away from Kyoto) as well as two 7-11s. It's easy to find at night if you study the area carefully but it is hidden between small alleys. Will stay again!

Great familiar runed hostel. All the staff is very kind. Its not a place to party,but to have a good sleeping night and find incredible clean instalattions.

Super friendly and helpful staff, small but handy kitchen, lounge/common room is tiny so when hostel is full there is not much space to hang out in the evening/morning. Super clean and quiet. Good location, very close to metro and bus lines.

Very friendly staffs in this hostel. I would stay in this hostel my next trip to Kyoto. Close to Kiyomizudera temple.

Everything is very new, very good facilities, very nice staff although they dont speak too much english, very clean... very good value for money!

This hostel was wonderful, the best one I ever stayed. No matter the cleanliness or the hospitality of the staff is very very good!

Execellent staff and a good budget option for Kyoto, with bus and metro you visit easily all the sites