Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I stayed here two years ago and I am happy to say that this hostel is just as awesome as last time. The staff are very friendly and are always happy to suggest places to go. Rooms are spotless. Location is close to the main train station and subway and bus lines which makes it really easy to get around Kyoto. I hope to come back here again in the future!

Staff was very friendly. Renting a bike for a day is only 500 Yen. Location is 10 min walk from Tokyo Station. Facilities and bedrooms are exactly what you would expect from a hostel.

Amazing staff and a super comfortable place.

Loved my stay there, the staff was incredibly nice and helpful, even when i called them saying that i wouldnt be checking in until late that night (well after closing) they had someone at the front desk waiting for me. I brought some souvenirs from where I'm from just in case! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• 21st Dec 2015

One of the loveliest hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff were quite friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. I ended up losing my phone charger and the staff immediately offered me their charger so I could charge my phone while I went out searching for my own charger. Really sweet people. Will definitely be staying there my next trip to Kyoto. In terms of location, it's within spitting distance of Gojo station, which is one stop away from Kyoto station on the Karasuma line.

• 12th Dec 2015

nice staff. the cleaning time can be a little bit later.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Staff are very friendly and willing to provide help.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

during my stay the atmosphere was quite relaxed with a group of randomly assorted 20somethings hanging out arranging a night out together which was nice, though one or two of the members (not staff) were quite rude. Really friendly and knowledgeable staff, very clean bathrooms, good security and close to the rail links and popular destinations. Not in a party area (which is good in my books). Would recommend, and would return. Thanks to the staff for running such a clean and friendly place

the only problem is: they close between 11:00 a.m y 16:00 and you cant do the check ifyou arrive in this hours.

When you made a reservation, we have sent e-mail to you our 【General Information】 . It is also on the Hostel World Website. Please check our information. Thank you for your understanding.

A bit out of the way and far from the main station. Not much of an atmosphere for solo travellers. Good facilities and friendly staff. Comfy beds. Needs better signage!!! Took me forever to find.

Thank you so much for staying at Jiyu-jin. The nearest station to our guesthouse is the subway Gojo Station and it takes around 2-3 minutes. Kyoto station, which is the biggest station in Kyoto, is about 15 minutes walk from our guesthouse.

Very friendly staff! Decent tatami room.

• 24th Nov 2015
  • mrlogo1212

Awesome staff who are very knowledgable and familiar with the best way to get to any destination. The hostel is very clean and provides shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Hairdryer is also available. There are lots of pamphlets in the lobby area. Bed is pretty comfortable and room is very clean. I stayed in the single bedroom and it had plenty of space for luggage and a small table to place toiletries.

It is one of my best stay in Kyoto, I really like the atmosphere and the staffs are very helpful. I felt that I'm living among locals as it is not directly centered at the tourist attraction spots. Too bad that the lounge is quite small with only a table.

I would be happy to return to this hostel one day

Had a pleasant stay. It is very clean and well-kept. It will be better if they provide water dispenser that gives hot and cold water. We had to boil the water in the kettle every morning. That is the only downside so far.

I have visited in Kyoto so many times, I think this is one of the best guest houses in Kyoto. Good to sleep, staff was so kindness with nice smile! It is not close to Kyoto station but possible to walk. Great stay there! Thanks!

I had great time when staying at Jiyujin. It's a clean and cozy place, and of course, with great host and hostess. I will come back again!

One of the best hostels I have tried in Japan.

Jiyujin was one of our favourite hostels. It was a hostel with a mature age group and everyone was friendly and approachable. They facilities was exceptionally clean and beds were comfortable. They even had a bathroom which had a bathtub for us to soak in if we had the time. It was a home away from home.

The staff were super friendly and really helpful. Met some great travellers everyday in the kitchen seating area. The area is a 15 to 20 min walk from Kyoto station. You can literally walk up one road for 90% of the way to the hostel. Close to a lot of downtown areas, and you can rent bikes! I would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3