Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

This is a very nice hostel. Very clean. Curtained dorm beds for privacy. Very friendly and helpful staff. Some English. No lockers but room doors lock automatically. Near buses and subway. I would stay here again if I come back to Kyoto.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great place to stay. Staff very friendly and good English. Hired bikes from here as well foo 500 yen per day

The hostel had great staff and environment. They helped us with maps and tips to find places we wanted to go, and even spend time with us at gathering room at night. Everything is very clean and organized. Great central location. Overall, awesome experience!!

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Great staff. Small rooms but it's japan so it's normal super clean. Great stay. Keep in mind that the reception is closed during the day so if you check in or arrive during the day you have to plan around that. I would stay here again.

the cleanest hostel ive stayed in. the staff were just fantastic, happy ,helpful as good as it gets. thanks girls. met some nice people also, great central location. ill be back. paul Australia.

• 9th Dec 2014

Excellent hostel. The staff is hard working, extremely friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. The common room is comfortable, and I had quite a few nice chats with other guests!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Clean and tidy, very nice staff.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hosts were very helpful, who provided assistance in any way they could. The hostel itself is equipped with good basic facilities. The location is great, well-accessible with a 10-min bus ride from Kyoto Station As for the location, it took us about 20 mins to finally find the hostel, probably because the map provided wasn't detailed enough. Also, it wasn't made very clear that no staff would be present btwn 11am to 4pm so we had to drag our luggage around the city, which was inconvenient.

really convenient, 1-min walk from the bus stop. staff is really warm and nice and they do have their passion in their work. decor is simple, but clean and tidy.

The staff is very friendly. Rooms and showers are clean. You have access to all the falicities. The kitchen is spacious. You can let your luggage to the reception for free. Not expensive for the quality of the hostel.

Friendliest staff of all the places I stayed! I enjoyed chatting with them a lot - great conversation and help for navigating the city, and I felt they really knew the guests.. The hostel felt very personable and was clean & well designed. A good experience overall and would go again.

Basically it is just perfect. The staff are very nice and helpful to provide help on journey planning. The toilets and shower room are very clean even they are shared. I also rented bike for two days and they are in good condition and allowed to travel in Kyoto in details One point to note is that Japanese hostels usually do not have good sound isolation, but it might be the structure to tolerance earthquake. Please bring a earplug with you if you cannot sleep with noise.

I only stayed for one night, but my impressions were positive. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and even if you do not speak Japanese you should be in good hands. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm room with minimal comforts, but it was warm, the bed was spacious and there was an outlet to charge my gadgets. One thing that could have been better was the bench seating in the common room, which didn't have backrests. One thing I appreciated a lot was free use of not only showers but a bathtub.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The toilets and shower room are very clean. The location is close to Gojo Subway station and bus stop so it is easy to get around Kyoto.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Thailand

We had a great time, best staff, no words, the best hostel in our holidays, no doubt

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Staff were wonderful! Guest house is homely and well looked after. A great place to stay.

The staff was extremely nice, hostel is very clean, facilities & transports are very close.

I booked a single room for privacy and I almost got it. Excepting the sound from another room (I think they'd also heard my voice clearly), everything was OK: clean, facilities in good condition, staff was kindly and felt free to ask anything. Moreover, it's convenient to walk, see night landscape and take some picture. Recommend it if you want to enjoy a short vacation.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

I really enjoyed my stay in Jiyu-jin. Friendly staff and able to speak good english. The facilities are all in good condition and clean. The location is close to Gojo train station and bus stop so it is easy to get around Kyoto. Love it :)

All around good place to stay.