Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

staff were excellent very helpful and positive. It was great to see their happy faces when we came in

Great place to stay staff are so friendly and helpful sayaka was amazing we don't know what we would have done without her. She wrote out maps and directions for everywhere we needed to go which is super helpful because public transport is super tricky in another language! Location is very close to station just a few mins walk. Will def go back there next time!

• 7th Apr 2014

The staff were absolutely lovely, and the building is in traditional Japanese style, built by one of the receptionist's fathers! However, this isn't a party hostel: it was full of domestic tourists and older people, not so much backpackers, but it made a nice change of pace.

Central location and the staff is really helpfull. Great hostel.

Thank you so much for everything!

Wonderful Inn! Really nice quiet area. The family who owned the inn were really lovely and sweet. They were extremely helpful with maps for every place we wanted to go/ explained how to get everywhere / what trains to catch. It was immaculately clean, nice bathrooms and accommodating room. A little bit more expensive then some places we've stayed but it was worth it because we had such a nice stay.

Very friendly staff always ready to help to arrange travelling and sightseeing. Great location in relation to transport and shopping. The ultra clean kitchen has everything you can possibly need. The only downside of lovely bathrooms is that you have to share them.

Thanks for making my time in Kyoto so comfortable and welcoming. I really enjoyed both of my stays. A really convenient, clean and reasonable priced hostle with very friendly and helpful staff :-)

Absolutely excellent hostel! Even though the bathrooms are shared, there are plenty available and very clean. Common lounge, Wifi, fridge, microwave, hair dryer available. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly with lots of tourist information available. I stayed in a room that fit 4 people and the futons and pillow are all that is need for a good night sleep. Washing machine, dryer and towels are available for a small amount: 100-200ye We brought our own towels. Great money for value!

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Lovely, wonderful hostel. The staffs were lovely, the rooms clean, the price cheap, making my already wonderful Kyoto trip all the more pleasing!

Had an amazing stay here. Room and shared facilities were all perfectly clean. Hostel provided lots of little details: hair dryers, soap, shampoo, even q-tips. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful all the time. They even went out of their way to wish us happy new year with a note and two lovely origami cranes. Location is very good too, near JR station (about 15 min), subway, and busses.

Jiyu kin is located 15 mins from Kyoto Central station and is close to the excellent Nishiki fish market. The staff were welcoming and good to talk to. Overall a pleasant stay:)

LOVED this place! The women at the front desk completely made my trip. I was solo backpacking over the holidays and they made me a Christmas card with an origami swan that they left on my backpack before I left. They were full of recommendations and great insight into the city. Only part that I didn't like (but was partially my fault) was that they are closed in the middle of the day so make sure you don't arrive then or you'll be waiting in the cold.

Jiyujin is quite good hostel. The clerk in Jiyujin can speak and understand English as well, there is no communication gap between us. They also provide many information and make guests' trip easier and more fun. There are 3 single rooms in Jiyujin, the room is not that wide but it's enough for people come alone. The bathroom is clean. If there is one thing that can be improved is the sound insulation is not very good but it would not bother you while sleeping.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

Highly recommended. Staffs are really kind and their hospitality is heartwarming, making me feel comfortable. The facilities are spotless clean, and I am especially grateful for the curtain around my bed, which can make it like a private space. Every detail in this guesthouse is calculated for guests.

The staff at Jiyujin made our stay in Kyoto a fantastic experience. They were so friendly and pleasant to be around -always polite and willing to help. This is the first place I'd recommend anyone travelling to Kyoto stays :)

Very friendly & helpful staff; good facilities. Also, bunk beds in dorms were very comfortable and private (with a curtain & private light/outlet) which was very nice.

I loved staying at Jiyujin during my one night visit in Kyoto. The staff is very friendly, sweet, and helpful, and gave me a map of the city and recommendations of places to eat, and temples and shrines to visit. My single room was great, and the facilities were good too. The location here is very convenient, about a 10-15 walk from Kyoto Station. I will definitely stay here again in the future!

• 30th Nov 2013

Excellent hostel, very friendly staff. No negative commend. Highly recommend

The best hostel in Kyoto (said by an old Kyoto hand). Beautiful clean rooms, sparkling facilities, friendly & helpful staff. Can't praise Jiyujin enough. Two minutes from Karasuma Gojo subway station, just off Kyoto JR main station. Will definitely book Jiyujin again!