Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Cozy, silent and clean place! The owners are super helpful and engaging, and speak a perfect English! (Not to mention the super cuteness of the young lady that works at the reception! Oh, I left a piece of my heart there~)

Great service but other guest were noisy. Walls are paper thin.

The location is easy to find and not very far from the nearest station. You can even walk from the Kyoto station. The room was spacious enough and cozy. Facilities and kitchen area were clean and nice. I really liked the staff. Very friendly and english speaking. Would recommend a stay here and will surely come back!

A great placeto stay. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean. I would stay again and thoroughly recommend the hostel

I really recommend this hostel if you plan to stay some days in Kyoto. The location is good ( not excellent though), but the hostel itself is really nice. The staff is among the most helpful and friendly I have ever met, making your stay quite comfortable. They are really good at giving you advice about which places to visit.

A/C was mouldy; absolutely no atmosphere.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff is great and the other guests were super nice. The four-person room was a little tight because of the amount of suitcases we had, but the hostel is lovely. They have great tips for whatever you want to do around the city and they're always willing to help!

Good location, clean and comfortable. Staff are really nice.

The lady at reception was the nicest, cutest thing ever! There are plenty of nice clean showers. I love the curtains around the beds. Good stay overall.

GREAT PLACE!

The staff were lovely and very helpful. Everything was nice and clean, and amenities were great too. The place was lacking in atmosphere, but that would not stop me from staying again.

Staff very friendly, room clean, kitchen well equipped, somewhat noisy, small number of showers problematic. Be sure to collect a copy of the Kyoto guide from the lobby!

In contrast to some comments saying the hostel is difficult to find, with a little help from google maps we found it really easy to find. The location was great, very central and close to the many interesting districts of Kyoto and only 10 minutes away from the Kyoto station which made it easy to travel to the different temple sites like Mount Inari. The staff was extremely friendly and although they didn't speak a lot of English, they made a great effort to answer our questions. Great stay!

This is a great hostel - super clean, very helpful staff with tons of information. Although the hostel is close to the metro station, it's a bit off the beaten track in terms of accessing other areas, but they are all a relatively quick bus ride away. The staff there are wonderful and equip you with all the necessary maps and information to get around. I would stay there again for sure.

The staff are very helpful and will go out of their way to provide information and recommendations. The staff are also very hospitable. Even though my friends didn't speak Japanese, my friends felt very welcomed by the staff.

Lovely, helpful and kind staff

• 5th Jul 2014

Jiyujin is very clean and comfortable. The staff are kind and helpful. It was easy to get around Kyoto from this location. I would highly recommend the hostel.

• 19th Jun 2014

staff are very nice. great stay here. and i found wecould take off at the third station of bus no 5 from kyoto station. it will be closer.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Jiyujin was without a doubt the best hostel I stayed in on my 1 month trip! Most of all, the staff are amazingly kind and helpful. I arrived on my own with a broken foot, and they very kindly helped me out in innumerable ways. Each day of my visit, the hostel was cleaned to an exceedingly high standard. The hostel is quite small, so you get to know the other visitors well. It is also conveniently located near Kyoto Station. Despite my injury, I had a great time at Jiyujin. I'll be back.

This is best Hostel in Kyoto if you want a quiet and somewhat low-key hostel experience. It's smaller so you get to know a few individuals rather being one traveler among an anonymous troupe. The facilities and the care and cleanliness of the staff is truly above and beyond. The showers are big and convenient. They even have a individual bath. The one thing they need to replace is the dryer machine but if you have time to use the balcony clothesline - this really isn't an issue.

« first « Prev 1 2 3