Jiyujin Reviews

524,Izumi-cho,gojo-sagaru, higashidouindori,shimogyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Basically it is just perfect. The staff are very nice and helpful to provide help on journey planning. The toilets and shower room are very clean even they are shared. I also rented bike for two days and they are in good condition and allowed to travel in Kyoto in details One point to note is that Japanese hostels usually do not have good sound isolation, but it might be the structure to tolerance earthquake. Please bring a earplug with you if you cannot sleep with noise.

I only stayed for one night, but my impressions were positive. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and even if you do not speak Japanese you should be in good hands. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm room with minimal comforts, but it was warm, the bed was spacious and there was an outlet to charge my gadgets. One thing that could have been better was the bench seating in the common room, which didn't have backrests. One thing I appreciated a lot was free use of not only showers but a bathtub.

We had a great time, best staff, no words, the best hostel in our holidays, no doubt

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The staff was extremely nice, hostel is very clean, facilities & transports are very close.

I booked a single room for privacy and I almost got it. Excepting the sound from another room (I think they'd also heard my voice clearly), everything was OK: clean, facilities in good condition, staff was kindly and felt free to ask anything. Moreover, it's convenient to walk, see night landscape and take some picture. Recommend it if you want to enjoy a short vacation.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

I really enjoyed my stay in Jiyu-jin. Friendly staff and able to speak good english. The facilities are all in good condition and clean. The location is close to Gojo train station and bus stop so it is easy to get around Kyoto. Love it :)

All around good place to stay.

Fantastic hostel with really friendly and helpful staff, who gave recommedations in perfect English. It's in a great location - very close to a subway station but also within easy walking distance of Kyoto station. Great facilities, which were very clean.

Really nice doorms with a lot of privacy due to the curtains. However there is no locker available.

Staff was very personable and helped us understand what we would need to know when traveling through Japan.

Staff are very good in English and kind

It's 10~15 minute's walk from the Kyoto station. It is in a good location. The staff are friendly and attentive. I want to go there again.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

One of the top hostels in Kyoto. Would totally recommend! The staff are brilliant and friendly.

Cozy, silent and clean place! The owners are super helpful and engaging, and speak a perfect English! (Not to mention the super cuteness of the young lady that works at the reception! Oh, I left a piece of my heart there~)

Great service but other guest were noisy. Walls are paper thin.

The location is easy to find and not very far from the nearest station. You can even walk from the Kyoto station. The room was spacious enough and cozy. Facilities and kitchen area were clean and nice. I really liked the staff. Very friendly and english speaking. Would recommend a stay here and will surely come back!

A great placeto stay. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean. I would stay again and thoroughly recommend the hostel

I really recommend this hostel if you plan to stay some days in Kyoto. The location is good ( not excellent though), but the hostel itself is really nice. The staff is among the most helpful and friendly I have ever met, making your stay quite comfortable. They are really good at giving you advice about which places to visit.

A/C was mouldy; absolutely no atmosphere.

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff is great and the other guests were super nice. The four-person room was a little tight because of the amount of suitcases we had, but the hostel is lovely. They have great tips for whatever you want to do around the city and they're always willing to help!