Joan´s Hostel Reviews

Calle del Mediterraneo No. 12, Colonia Jardines de Guadalupe, San Salvador, El Salvador

Perhaps my mistake.. this hostel was nowhere near the city centre and the staff (although very sweet) didnt speak a word of English. I was the only guest for the 3 nights I stayed here, so was pretty lonely. Room was nice (once the lock was fixed) even if very basic. Future guests need to be confident taking public transport or have basic Spanish skills.

• 4th Aug 2014

Great location! Bus stops are very close and you are right by the three big malls of San Salvador. Staff was very helpful in helping me plan trips around the city. Facilities were nice - I especially loved the thick ply toilet paper! Showers are wonderful. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't breakfast included, but there are cafes on the same street with cheap breakfast. Would stay here again and recommend it.

The hostel was a bit pricey and not as close as I assumed to the airport (that was my fault for not doing more research). I was surprised that a room key and towel were not provided with paying nearly $20 for one night ($1 towel rental & $5 key deposit). Oh well. There are numerous restaurants nearby and bus stop is conveniently located down the street. The showers were warm, bathrooms clean and bedroom was adequate for staying one night.

The recepcionist gave us wrong information about opening hours of the botanical garden. And our reservation -booked over hostelworld- was completly wrong: wrong date and different (more expensive) type of room. After a discussion, we got the room we wanted. The room was clean but in the shared bathromm was no toilet paper. WIFI signal was bad, connection broke often.

View all San Salvador Hostels