Joan´s Hostel Reviews

Calle del Mediterraneo No. 12, Colonia Jardines de Guadalupe, San Salvador, El Salvador

Lovely and clean hostel in great neighborhood close to shops and restaurants. Amazing staff!!

Ana is unbelievably helpful, for planning your trip and ensuring you know where everything is and how to get there. She organised a very good value trip for me, with one of the local taxi firms. It was $16 for a tour around the historical centre and a further $25 to El Boqueron. The common areas are 3 comfortable sitting rooms and the staff are all helpful and friendly. The small minus point would be that my room was a bit shabby and the door was quite difficult to lock but I fully rocommend!

A very good and pleasant hostel in a safe location. Very good and helpful staff!

While the staff were poor the owner could not have been more helpful and welcoming. Me and 3 others were invited to her house to have Xmas dinner with her family, not sure many other hostel owners would do that. She also helped with booking onward transport and arranging taxis. The hostel was ok, the rooms have ceiling fans a little too close to the top bunk and the showers are hard to use if you are over 6ft but overall it was a nice spot to stay and burn a couple of days.

What a great place to stay! Anna, the owner, is an absolute delight. Very helpful, fun and friendly. The communal areas are great places to meet people. Rooms are basic but comfortable - I stayed in a private and a dorm in my two visits here. ATM, bakery and restaurants all readily available in a reasonably quiet, if remote, district. Buses to the city centre are plentiful though.

• 14th Dec 2013

Ana is a wonderful, helpful and friendly person who made our first visit to San Salvador a very positive experience. There was a book I wanted to buy (in English), so she rang some bookshops until she found one who had it, then reserved it for me under her name. The night we arrived, she had finished her shift, yet she still called the hostel to speak to me in person to welcome me and to ask if there was anything I needed help with. The hostel is Ana's childhhod home and therefore feels homely!

Excellent hostel, staff, rooms, showers, and location!!! Ana was great! Definitely recommend and very close to TicaBus and King Quality in San Benito!

View all San Salvador Hostels