Joan´s Hostel Reviews

Calle del Mediterraneo No. 12, Colonia Jardines de Guadalupe, San Salvador, El Salvador

Great location! Bus stops are very close and you are right by the three big malls of San Salvador. Staff was very helpful in helping me plan trips around the city. Facilities were nice - I especially loved the thick ply toilet paper! Showers are wonderful. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't breakfast included, but there are cafes on the same street with cheap breakfast. Would stay here again and recommend it.

The hostel was a bit pricey and not as close as I assumed to the airport (that was my fault for not doing more research). I was surprised that a room key and towel were not provided with paying nearly $20 for one night ($1 towel rental & $5 key deposit). Oh well. There are numerous restaurants nearby and bus stop is conveniently located down the street. The showers were warm, bathrooms clean and bedroom was adequate for staying one night.

The recepcionist gave us wrong information about opening hours of the botanical garden. And our reservation -booked over hostelworld- was completly wrong: wrong date and different (more expensive) type of room. After a discussion, we got the room we wanted. The room was clean but in the shared bathromm was no toilet paper. WIFI signal was bad, connection broke often.

• 8th Jun 2014

Pros: Located right off the UCA campus, so there are a bunch of small cafes & pupuserias within walking distance--it's also very close to major shopping malls, supermarkets, and bus connections. The dorm rooms are basic (no lockers) but clean and quiet, and the bathrooms have HOT water! The wifi was also pretty strong. Cons: Joan speaks English but her other staff do not (not a problem for me, might be for others), it was also pretty empty when I was there, not good for meeting people

Lovely and clean hostel in great neighborhood close to shops and restaurants. Amazing staff!!

Great location, only a few minutes from one of the main arteries to go almost anywhere in El Salvador, very friendly, helpful staff, staff. three living areas a plus, needs to have better equipment such as TV and a computer to access internet. Clean place, however some areas such as kitchen, fridge and window ledges, need attention.

• 12th Apr 2014

Ana is unbelievably helpful, for planning your trip and ensuring you know where everything is and how to get there. She organised a very good value trip for me, with one of the local taxi firms. It was $16 for a tour around the historical centre and a further $25 to El Boqueron. The common areas are 3 comfortable sitting rooms and the staff are all helpful and friendly. The small minus point would be that my room was a bit shabby and the door was quite difficult to lock but I fully rocommend!

View all San Salvador Hostels