Jodanga Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Barrio Los Choferes, Calle El Fuerte # 1380, Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Good, clean hostel perfect for a night before a flight. Nice staff, hot showers, good breakfast. Nice communal area.

Very clean and well managed with great facilities. No airconditioning or party atmosphere but great if you want to wind down.

• 13th Apr 2015

I had a great stay here! Maybe the cleanest hostal I have ever stayed at. Also the breakfast was delicious. Only downside was that the location wasn't super central.

• 11th Apr 2015

Nice hostel to meet people and drink by the pool! Good when you travel by yourself and don't want to feel alone

Pros - great hostel, always clean and organized, feels great and alive, nice pool, good TV room w/a lot of movies (mostly in English!). The BBQ night was awesome, great party in the hostel later. Cons - though you get value for your money, it is a lot of money. this hostel is not for the ones who travel on budget, feels like they are trying to charge you extra for things I'm not used to as a backpacker(30 BOB for bus ticket through them, 25 BOB for extra breakfast, expensive water and cigaretes)

Pros- Good clean and spacious hostel with pool. Nice atmosphere, nice breakfast. Cons- Very expensive and feels like only care for your money (you know these ones...) When we were there, 50-60% of the guests got sick (some even had salmonella!). Pretty weird and spooky..

Dear Guest, we are glad you enjoyed our hostel. We just want to clarify only 4 ppl got sick and not 50% of the hostel. Three of them where a group of friends who ate street food. Future guests: to avoid these problems is better to don't drink tap water in Bolivia unless you have a strong stomach, also be careful with non cooked vegetables. Street food is cheap but some times could be unhealthy too. :o)

Nice hostel, lovely staff (especially the male bar tender), good facilities and clean rooms, kitchen, pool and common areas. Was a bit expensive and the book exchange was a joke! Give 2 books for 1 book in return. I got food poisoning whilst I was staying here but I'm not certain how I got it and I didn't eat any street food. I would although recommend this place to others.

This hostel has a great pool area and common areas. Breakfast was nice and varied with fresh fruit. Most staff were nice although young lady that checked us in wasn't v. welcoming. Our 'twin' basic room was v.basic with bunk beds and fan didn't really reach top bunk. Our room wasn't cleaned while we were there but rest of the hostel was spotless. All food nearby was fast food and supermarket had no fresh food. Hostel has gone a bit o.t.t in sticking up rules and book exchange was stingy.

I had a wonderful time at Jodanga, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms and other facilities like the pool very clean and the breakfast is the best I've ever had in a hostel!

• 20th Mar 2015

We loved this hostel! Great place to relax and get some rest, the pool is lovely! Everything is clean and the dorms/bathrooms are spacious! Make sure you do not miss the amazing all you can eat & drink BBQ night, it is the best! Staff is nice and helpfull! It is not the cheapest place to stay in Santa Cruz, but it is definitely worth the money!

Great backpackers, very clean, great staff. Both dorm rooms and private rooms are really nice. Not in the best area, not many food options nearby but you can take a taxi into the centre easy enough.

• 6th Mar 2015

This is a nice, new-feeling hostel. Great swimming pool and bar. Staff are very helpful. Rooms and beds are nice, bathrooms are clean. Only negative is location, but taxis are so cheap you won't even notice.

First of all we stayed here three times, so they're obviously doing something right. It's an impeccably clean hostel, with good facilities in a nice part of Santa Cruz. They're let down by high prices (including for laundry, drinks etc), and charging for all possible extras. You have to pay to swap books, watch a DVD, or leave your bags. We had to leave a bit early one morning and weren't allowed breakfast because of it. Not impressed.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

The hostel is very clean and very well presented - nicely painted, laid out etc! Nice place to chill and nice pool. Sadly there is ZERO atmosphere at this hostel. Everyone seemed depressed there (including staff!), but I think it may be because Santa Cruz is not such a nice place. Only go there if u have to, in order to get to somewhere else! Ugly city with nothing to see or do!! BBQ was very good and created a bit of spirit in the hostel for a few hours!

Really an awesome Hostel with really nice facilities and also meeting people is easy. They do a barbecue from time to time and it is delicious!! The Hostel is a little bit more expensive as other ones but if you are in Hostelling International you can safe a little bit.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in... Ever. A lot of people seem to complain about the price, but I think it's a great price for what you get. I've certainly paid a lot more for much less amenities. The staff is great! The pool is amazing! If you get lucky and get a BBQ night, you will not be disappointed! The place is SPOTLESS. Would highly recommend!

This is by far the best hostel that we will ever stay in. Incredibly clean, very helpful staff, amazing facilities including a well maintained pool, hot showers, great bar etc. atmosphere was a bit hit or miss but when this place is rocking it really is brilliant. Great for a few days of down time by the pool. The only negative (and this is scraping the barrel for a balanced review) is the location, which is slightly far away from central Santa Cruz. Taxis make this no problem though. Amazing!

A little out of town but it's a nice, clean hostel. If you want to meet people and drink beers by the pool, this is the place for you. I thought it was a little overpriced, and the laundry service was double the price compared to other hostels. However the breakfast was great and the staff were pretty helpful.

Place was incredible. Very well run, organized, with friendly bi-lingual staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• 16th Jan 2015

Best hostel i've stayed at. Santa cruz in itself isn't much, but we stayed for 1 week just because this hostel is so awesome.