Johnie's Place Lisbon Hostel & Suites

Fabulous 145 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
6.6

The hostel itself was nice enough, it was very small with only a few rooms and only one bathroom. I arrived to find only two other people staying there. As a solo traveller who cooks in the hostel each night I didn't want to be somewhere that didn't have many guests. I tried to cancel my booking but they refused to give me any money from my five night booking. I left anyway but think it was fairly rude considering I had just arrived and not used any of their facilities. Very disappointed.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review, although i have to clear some things... Johnies Place it's a small hostel, yes, like it says in our presentation text. It has 4 rooms, 3 full bathrooms and 1 toilet, that we think it's more than enough for the capacity of the house. When you arrived, exactly that day, the hostel was almost full and staying in your 6bed dorm were 3 other guests, that makes 4 with you. The next days were also quite full. You chooses a cosy and small hostel to stay, and 2 hours after your check-in you came to the reception saying that you wanted to cancel your reservation because you found out that your friends were staying in another hostel. As we explained and when at that moment you've contact them, you could not cancel your reservation anymore as cancelations must be done until 48h before the day of arrival, and you wanted to cancel 2h after your check-in... This policies are all written as you knew, at the web and are at the same in almost all hostels. Yes you left the hostel, it's true, but you left the hostel after staying 4 of the 5 nights you booked. So actually you used all our facilities during 4 days. We should had gave you the 1€ of the city tax of the night that you didn't stay, but you just left without letting the staff know and only at that night we realised that you were not there anymore. Next time, please read the policies and all the conditions of the places you book, before book, and then you will not get disappointed with your choices anymore. Best regards!

24th Jul 2017
7.1

Johnie's Place was nice but not a place to meet people. There is only one dorm room and two or three private rooms, so not a lot of social interaction.

29th Jun 2017

I really loved this hostel. It is a place that feels like a home, and everyone treats it accordingly- with respect and love. I had an amazing time with the staff working there (s/o to Savannah for staying up with me) and an amazing time in Lisbon in part thanks to this hostel. It is also in a fantastic location, with a stunning view of the city just outside the door worth every sweating second of the hike up the hill. There is also a tram cart you can take most of the way up!

22nd Jun 2017

Friendly and helpful staff, close to city center. No AC and street noise made it hard to sleep though. Earplugs are a must. Not a super lively hostel but I still met lots of cool people here. Would recommend it.

• India, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2017

I had a very comfortable stay here. Felt like home. The living room is super comfy, the staff are extremely helpful ans friendly. Nice location only problem is bit of noise at night since it's a main street but well i guess I'm a light sleeper that caused the problem. Would definitely come here again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2017
8.0

It was a hilly way up especially if you ar carrying luggage, but I guess you can take th transport. Walking to city centre is relatively easy. The place looks better than what I see in photos. The toilet is spacious. There is a locker for everyone in the room (although a boy didn't have his locker mysteriously during our stay) and the bed is quit comfy. However it can b very noisy and hot at night.

5th Jun 2017

I really liked this place. It's beautifully located up on a hill (prepared to walk and go up a few sets of stairs from the metro). I walk a lot so there are many beautiful things to see in the area. A little walk to the city center - about 20 mins. Staff is great. Everything looked very clean. Nice living room, dining area and little kitchen. Although only one shower and one toilet, but both clean. Wifi didn't work well in dorm at first but they fixed it. Breakfast is an extra.

• bebrasier8983
  • Australia, Couple, 41+
27th May 2017

Thanks to the fantastic staff who were always helpful. and friendly.We had a very nice comfortable and quiet room. The location meant that we could walk to most of the places in which we were interested. M