Johnies Place Lisbon Reviews

Calçada da Graça nº18F Porta 1, Lisbon, Portugal

I spent near 2 months travelling around Portugal. I arrived at Johnnies place on day one, then left from there too. Perfect landing and perfect take off. Thanks for the nice service! Btw, really liked the cave style! :D

This place was great! A little out of the way but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. My travel buddies and I saw things we never would have if we didn't stay at Johnies. We were given a map and told what the best things to do were during our stay. I highly recommend this place as well as traveling to Portugal!

• 8th Feb 2014

I really liked the place. Not only the staff made me feel comfy, but also the location was fav! :)

Awesome place!! Very good location, nice and clean rooms and very good and healthy breakfast! Thanx Johnies Place:-)!

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Romania

The staff was very friendly, accommodating...really nice. The service was excellent, always helpful and always with a smile. I loved the atmosphere of the Hotel. I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay at. Everything was absolutely perfect.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Spain

great place to stay in :) really friendly and helpfull host and a really good price/quality ratio :) The place has a great kitchen, living room, wifi included etc. plus they recicle :) on top of that you get a breakfast every morning Its a 10-15 min walk from the placa de comercio and all other important sights in the city centre :) My highest recommendation...

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Serbia

Very helpfull and friendly staff. A really nice room with comfortable bed. I´d like to come back soon...

• 31st Oct 2013

Really nice and clean hostel in an area which has character and a buzz about it!I admit it is quite a climb up the steep cobbled streets from the main plaza's of Lisboa, but for me its part of the fun as you can take in everything what is going on in these lively and interesting neighbourhoods.I only gave the hostel an average for atmosphere...that is simply because I arrived midweek and most folk had checked out afrer the weekend.Friendly and helpful staff made it a very pleasant stay!!

• 1st Oct 2013

Had a lovely stay here. It is located in very pretty old part of the city, beautiful to wander around, great views nearby. Atmosphere is very welcoming and the staff are really friendly and helpful, Ana even went out of her way to store my bag. Airport collection and recommended places to eat. Not noisy but you may want ear plugs at night if you're a light sleeper as some of the rooms look out over the pretty street, cars and people buzz by, all part of the Lisbon atmosphere though!

• 30th Aug 2013

Lovely hostel. Great location and a good price!

• 30th Aug 2013

Lovely stay at Johnies place. In a beautiful location. The hostel looks beautiful inside. Staff were equally as lovely. Thanks for the stay! See you soon! x

Thanks Joshua! Hope to see you again soon!

one shower is not enough. location very bad, the neighborhood was really dangerous at night. breakfast really poor.

• 15th Aug 2013

home liked hostel with very clean room, bathroom and kitchen, as well as a big common area! As well as Very nice hostess!!! Though it is on the top, I had no problem walking to the metro station with my big suitcase :) Highly recommended !!!

Pleasant stay in a nice neighbourhood. I would come again!

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Finland

Beautiful hostel perched on top of Graça. Very friendly staff.

I would definietly recommend this place. Nice staff, clean, cheap and has a really nice charm. The only drawback was that when we opened the window, nosie from the street came in and when we closed it, it was hot inside the room. But I guess even with the simplest earplugs it wouldn't have been a problem.

Always was perfect ... It will be my choice again if I return to Lisbon! Only the smell to humidity in the hall was anoying!

nice staff, cute hostel, good facilities. really good!

Awesome place, very home-like, very helpful staff. Kitchen is well equipped too (very important for the low budget traveller). Loved the free food shelf!

The hostel is really homely and comfortable with a small breakfast spread and common room with a tv. However, there were two minor inconveniences: I stayed for around 5 nights, and the room was not cleaned at all during that time. Also, there is a laundry service, but we still had to pay for the full service even though the dryer wasn't working and we had to hang our damp clothes all over the room to dry.

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Singapore

Hi there I have to tell you we cleaned your bathroom three times during your stay (5 nights), cause it was a private room. We never touch guests belongings, so thats why we didnt move anything in the room. About the laundry... i told you before wash your clothes, we dont have dry machine, because we have this service for the linen in another place. You only payed for the washing service, not for the dryer! And you had this information clear in your room. We apologize for any inconvenience