Johns Little Auberge in Old Berlin Reviews

Waldenser Str. 30, Berlin, Germany

Worst thing in my vacation in Berlin! first during the check in the guy in the reception area was shouting to me and my friend due to a misunderstanding about the money then he told us he is sorry and he is "not in a good mood"! We booked a double room with private bathroom, after we went to our room and settled the guy came back and told us that there was a problem with the hot water in the toilet and we have two options either to use shared bathroom or move to another room also with shared br.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Egypt
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really strange hostel since almost every guest lived there. They really made you feel like you were staying in there house, not really nice. Got relocated 2 times before I ended up in a dorm that never saw a mop for ages. So called 'clean' linnen had dark brown stains in it. There were no staff members and I was instructed to not open the door for anyone else. The guy showing me around was nice though, he really tried his best and even cleand the shower for me. Thumbs up for him!

This place has lots of potential, but it really needs to be managed better. No staff, couldn't get ahold of owners, pretty dirty. The best aspects were the location and the friendliness of other guests. I got let in by someone staying at the hostel and the next day the owner showed up, took my money, and gave me a key... Never saw him again. But then again, it was the cheapest hostel in Berlin.

really not clean, even if there was a cleaning woman water tap was shaky and not fest mount outfall line was blocked, even there was a cleaner nobody has cleaned it the pillow smells like a vomit toilet seat was torned off

• 16th Sep 2014