Johns Little Auberge in Old Berlin Reviews

Waldenser Str. 30, Berlin, Germany

Worst thing in my vacation in Berlin! first during the check in the guy in the reception area was shouting to me and my friend due to a misunderstanding about the money then he told us he is sorry and he is "not in a good mood"! We booked a double room with private bathroom, after we went to our room and settled the guy came back and told us that there was a problem with the hot water in the toilet and we have two options either to use shared bathroom or move to another room also with shared br.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Egypt
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This guys arrived already with a very demanding and snobbish kind of attitude, and could not be pleased by anything. They looked around ans said it wasn't what they expected, so I told them go where ever you want if you do not like this style of here. Some people you cannot help. Sorry. Guests make us always smile. Either wen they come, or when they leave. David

Really strange hostel since almost every guest lived there. They really made you feel like you were staying in there house, not really nice. Got relocated 2 times before I ended up in a dorm that never saw a mop for ages. So called 'clean' linnen had dark brown stains in it. There were no staff members and I was instructed to not open the door for anyone else. The guy showing me around was nice though, he really tried his best and even cleand the shower for me. Thumbs up for him!

Most people in deed stay here for long time, because they like it. If there were no staff member, you showed you around then??? And what is wrong in telling you, not open the door to anyone. Security is the password. Thumbs up!

This place has lots of potential, but it really needs to be managed better. No staff, couldn't get ahold of owners, pretty dirty. The best aspects were the location and the friendliness of other guests. I got let in by someone staying at the hostel and the next day the owner showed up, took my money, and gave me a key... Never saw him again. But then again, it was the cheapest hostel in Berlin.

Check-in at our place is only by appointment. So, if someone ome hours later or earlier than you said, there s not staff there. A sign t the door says for such cases: Please call. No guests are allowed or supposed to let anyone in. But in this case someone did that, Let someone in without a plan what to do with him. The phone number is outside, to call us. Then we come withing minutes. But in this case: we did not know, if who is coming well. Sorry for the trouble. Just try again. David