7.6
Very Good 761 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 761 Total Reviews
Jolly Swagman Backpackers Located at 27 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales NSW 2011 27 Orwell Street, Kings Cross
76% 761
-33.8722684 151.2240600
    Rooms available

• Slovenia, Female, 18-24
5th Nov 2016

Hostel was great, good position, close to the city center, bars and restaurants, great staff (especially Chris he helped us a lot with our staying), clean. I recommend this hostel.

• Scotland, Couple, 18-24
20th Oct 2016

Interesting people staying in this hostel. We were in a double room, bathrooms were hostel standard. Cleaned everyday. I would say that others staying in he hostel were a little unfriendly, all knew each other using tables for laptops and chatting when people needed to sit and eat food. Would stay here again as the hostel it's self was excellent. Staff were also excellent. Sam welcomed us at reception and was very memorable. Great guy.

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
11th Oct 2016

Nice clean hostel. Central to everything. Plenty of options for restaurants and bars. Staff friendly and were able to book my stay in cairns at their travel desk

6th Oct 2016
7.1

The staff: great and very helpful. The hostel: was clean, rooms were OK. The bathrooms: clean, but the shower was horrible as there was barely any water pressure/hot water. Free Wifi: barely worked. The vibe: very chill and relax, not many people into going out because they live there and work. Unfortunately, not a fun place to be on your own. The area of the hostel: cool with many restaurants and bars just walking distance. Train station is very close and you have access all over.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
29th Sep 2016
5.4

Stayed recently, location is good if you are planning to stay in kings cross. Over half a hour walk into the city. The place is run down, the atmosphere is dull. Not the cleanest place. I suggest a new coat of paint, restructuring downstairs so it's more inviting to talk to other people etc.. 9am check out is a little early. Not a fan of a dirty blanket which I'm not sure when it was last washed. This does not deserve the 8.2 rating we got fooled into believing. 5/10.

• Taiwan, Male, 18-24
27th Sep 2016
4.6

There are long women's hair on the beds and quilts when we checked in Also, there is a huge cockroaches (about 6 cm) appeared one day in the shower during our stays I saw the ways that housekeeping did their jobs, and it definitely need improvement.. The staff was "Okay" but they did quite a terrible job at informing and communicating with their customers. (Did not reply me emails and being impatience when I called and asked several questions)

19th Sep 2016
5.1

Very dirty, bad smelling rooms, some security concerns, low water pressure (makes showering a very long process), bad wifi, some friendly staff, and some very rude staff. Bunk beds are really unsteady and ladder is difficult to climb. It's one redeeming quality was its location.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
18th Sep 2016
6.3

Private room was relatively clean and having a bar fridge in the room was a bonus. Location was pretty central and very close to public transport. The toilets however was a mess and could do with a regular clean. I asked for an extra 30mins on the checkout time and the girl at the front desk said she would have to charge me another night. Really? Just for 30mins! Other staff members at the desk were far better to deal with. Regardless, I don't think I'll be staying here again.

• England, Male, 25-30
27th Aug 2016

Fantastic hostel, and the staff were just fantastic. Especially Ryan at reception, constantly willing to help and always a big smile on his face.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
21st Aug 2016
6.0

It was a long half an hour walk to the city, quite far away... They just cleaned rooms once a week.. so I just saw my room cleaned the last night before leaving... That's not fair..They should clean it more often... Moreover, I booked online my last night because I was in the city and I couldn't go back to the hostel... They made me change room and nobody stayed there that night...just because I didn't pay the fee to them.. Every time you need a mug, you need to give them the keys..