Jolly Swagman Backpackers Reviews

27 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Really good stay. restaurants, bars are close. lots of culture in the city 15 minutes walk

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Hi Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Hopefully we will see you again. JSB

No complaints. Had a room to myself after a long trip and it had everything I needed. Nice double bed, fridge, tv and fan. Would stay again. Ideally would have like an ensuite, but the shared bathroom was fine.

• 25th Jan 2015

Really good and clean hostel. Only drawback is if you book online for under 30$ and want to stay longer they charge you 38$. Cool free activities every day.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We do provide weekly specials that reduce the cost to under $28. From time to time, we do offer online promotions but this is not the regular cost. $38 is a very competitive rate for summer. Hopefully we will see you again. JSB

Cool location...Between the 24/7 staff to help you out and the cameras, it's a very safe place.

• 14th Jan 2015

Good hostel right in Kings Cross, so close to alot of good places in Sydney. No Bar :( and was abit pricey, but i still enjoyed my time here and would go back.

Most people were very unfriendly. It was very cliquey and although some people were nice, most would sit in their little groups and just stare uncomfortably as you walked by. No "hi" back, no smile, no nothing. Witnessed SO MANY bad MDMA and extacy trips while there. People just freaking out, screaming, kicking stuff. Staff was nice though. Also prostitutes and homeless people EVERYWHERE once you step outside. The people in my room where nice but I wouldn't recommend staying here!!!

As good as it was before. I could not stay for xmas and have to go home. Will recommend to friends who come to Australia in 2015.

Loved it, Loved it, Loved it

Very crowded and small rooms.

1 2 Next » last »