Jolly Swagman Backpackers Reviews

27 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

After a long flight I arrived and was told at check in that I had been upgraded to a private room, was so happy. Everything was excellent from staff to facilities. The Jolly Swagman's location was hale between the bondi and the city so you have the best of both worlds. If I ever come back I will stay here

• 10th Mar 2014

Thanks for the great review Kim. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Jolly Swagman Backpackers

Jolly Swagman Backpackers is a great hostel. Not too big not too small, I'll be back again :)

• 10th Mar 2014

Thanks for the great review John. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Hopefully see you soon. Jolly Swagman Backpackers

The facility is run down and old. Needs a good renovation. There were also numerous cockroach sightings and not enough bathrooms ....Staff was ok, but nothing great compared to other places I've been. They promote free internet but it's only for an hour, & then They rape you on internet charges. $5 for a few hours & $8 for 5 hours is a lot for a traveler! Just wasn't my type of hostel. I wouldn't recommend my friends to stay here. There are other, better places in Sydney.

• 6th Mar 2014

Thanks for your feedback, sorry you were not happy here as is always our aim. We pride ourselves on our building and updating our facilities regularly so would LOVE your suggestion for renovation (and we would probably do it, if valid). We have a guaranteed no cockroach contract so any sightings just need to be reported. After your free time, Internet starts from only $1.60 per hour for unlimited bandwidth / download which is actually cheaper than anywhere else around. Enjoy your travels!

1 2 Next » last »