Jolly Swagman Backpackers Reviews

27 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

The facility is run down and old. Needs a good renovation. There were also numerous cockroach sightings and not enough bathrooms ....Staff was ok, but nothing great compared to other places I've been. They promote free internet but it's only for an hour, & then They rape you on internet charges. $5 for a few hours & $8 for 5 hours is a lot for a traveler! Just wasn't my type of hostel. I wouldn't recommend my friends to stay here. There are other, better places in Sydney.

• 6th Mar 2014

Thanks for your feedback, sorry you were not happy here as is always our aim. We pride ourselves on our building and updating our facilities regularly so would LOVE your suggestion for renovation (and we would probably do it, if valid). We have a guaranteed no cockroach contract so any sightings just need to be reported. After your free time, Internet starts from only $1.60 per hour for unlimited bandwidth / download which is actually cheaper than anywhere else around. Enjoy your travels!

You need a key to enter the building which is great however before we had checked in I had managed to enter both the backpackers and the area need the rooms without a key due to people just holding doors open for everyone. Location great on one side however we planned a game called spot the prostitute near our hostel. Staff were not extremely helpful especially when trying to check in early and I asked for toilet paper to be put in the toilet and 12 hours later there was still no paper.

All our guests are super friendly and do hold doors for each other - we wish they would not do that with the security door, but they mean no harm. You arrived at 7am the morning after the awesome Mardi Gras Parade, so we had a full hostel of people still to check out - sorry you had to wait till they had checked out, but sure you can understand why. Apologies for the toilet paper, the cleaner was so busy doing rooms she forgot - we do have 15 other toilets to use though. Thankyou for staying.

1 2 Next » last »