Jolly Swagman Backpackers Reviews

27 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

The information, that there is a perfect hostal in Sydney - Jolly Swagman Backpackers - we became during our travel through Cape York and we took the oportunity to spend our last 3 Australia days in the Sydney Jolly Swagman Backpackers Hostal and, it was perfect. We can recommend the Jolly Swagman Backpackers as a safe, clean room and kitchen, friendly staff, lots of information.... hostal. Gerda + Rolf from Germany

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed at Jolly's for my first 3 nights I arrived in Australia and I loved it - the whole vibe about the place was friendly and chilled, I met some lovely people, the staff were great and the facilities were good. It's about a 15 minute walk into the main city which was great and the hostel does something near enough every night so you're never bored. I'd definitely recommend it and come back when I'm in Sydney!

Good staff, clean and very friendly !

We will never go back again! We booked a double room but the staff only inform us that they have some problem in booking system on the day we arrived and could only provide us twin room with bunk bed. The room is smelly. Shared toilet is dirty. Hostel is noisy as they are lots of people drinking and singing even after 12am.

Noisy hostel

• 19th Sep 2014

I wouldnt go back here - too many false promises and take backs. Their website says free airport shuttle - I had to pay for mine. They offer free wi-fi - well, only one hour for free and after you check in. They dont provide any sort of tour of the hostel, you just have to figure everything out on your own, and the staff seemed annoyed with every question I had and like they didnt want to be there. It was the wrong choice for my first hostel in a foreign country.

Good but not great. Several people in my room commented a few of the staff members were a bit snippy. Free WIFI was only 1 hour received at check in. Free breakfast was as advertised. Facilities were functional but definitely not the nicest by hostel standards.

The bad thing, only free wifi for one hour which barely didn't work, otherwise would def come back, nice things up every night nd easy to get to know everyone

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Hi Linn Thank you for your review. If we had of known there was a problem with the WIFI we would have reset it. It does happen from time to time, but its a very easy fix. Hopefully see you again Jollyswagman Backpackers

The room was quite good (twin room) with TV, fridge, and sink. It was quite noisy. The check was too early: 9am!!! I have been in a lot of backpackers and I have never seen that. And even when it was early, it was later for double/twin rooms. Breakfast finish at 9am also and the kitchen close at 9am for cleaning. Laundry was expensive also (6$) The girl at the reception was really nice but the guy was not. I do not think I will come back there.

• 6th Sep 2014

Hi Linn Thank you for your review. We did a survey and our guests indicated they preferred an early check in/out as opposed to a late check in/out, for this reason the check out is at 9am. The laundry is $3 to wash and $3 to dry, this is the standard. I hope after considering the above, if you are ever in Sydney again, we would love to have you stay with us again. Jolly Swagman Backpackers

The common area was so uncomftable. Just stairs in front of the tv and some rables. There were also too less showers and toilets. When i stayed there it was okay because the hostel wad not full. But if it is high season... The staff was really nice and helpful.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Most of the people there stay to work during the day and party during the night, which creates a strange atmosphere and prevents travelers to meet and exchange experiences.

Hi Stefan Thank you for your review. Every night at 6pm we have a welcome meeting that allows new guests meet other travelers, which helps with interaction for people just passing through, this is a great platform to share experiences. I hope if you are ever in Sydney again, we would love to have you stay with us again. Jolly Swagman Backpackers

Nice hostel, 20-30 minutes walking from downtown. Breakfast consisting of cereals and toast with jam - included - nice:)

Hi Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again Jolly Swagman Backpackers

1 2 Next » last »