Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

The staff was amazingly friendly and the food was tasty. If you're in a shared room with people you don't know the doors are left unlocked. If there's a group of you in a dorm they will give you a key. My stay was wonderful, they were helpful even when my group was indecisive and constantly changing bookings! I would happily recommend it to others.

• 13th Jun 2015

Ideal hostel for exploring Victoria Falls. Can organise lots of activities through the hostel. Jollyboys has a small cafe and bar for breakfast and some nice areas around the pool etc. to relax when not out and about.

• 31st May 2015

Very welcoming place to stay. Exceeded expectations.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

none of the receptionists was friendly.

Good place to stay if you want to meet people. Generally nice hostels, offers lots of activities etc. But it feels like it has outgrown itself, a bit impersonal and showers not always clean. I would stay again for a weekend but it's not on my top world hostels list.

brilliant place to stay, so homely i could of permanently lived here!!

Jolly Boys was a great place to stay. I am NOT a backpacker and was, at first, hesitant about staying here since it is known as a backpacker place. I got a cute two bed "cottage/hut" room all to myself. I shared a bathroom, but it felt like I was not sharing as everytime I used it no one else was in any of the other shower stalls. Jolly Boys is a great, fairly priced place to stay. It is close to shops and the bus station. Not sure if ideal for families with small kids though.

• 24th Apr 2015

A great place to stay with varied activities on offer.

• 18th Apr 2015

Thank you, we are happy you've enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to hosting you again. Happy travels

The tours are too expensive, better book via a local agency or tour guide. White staff was very unfriendly and treated the local staff very bad. Local staff was very friendly and nice to meet. Rooms without glass in the windows are a little bit crazy. Liked the location, that's perhaps what makes the price.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Wonderful hospitality and excellent access to all surrounding sites. Efficient responses to e-mails. need to warn guests that no credit card faciities.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • South Africa
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry, you weren't warned we don't accept credit cards. We are working on offering this facility in the near future. Hope to have you stay with us again, happy travels.

Excellent, possibly the best hostel I have stayed in. Phenomenal atmosphere, fantastic and helpful staff. Cannot recommend highly enough.

We really enjoyed our stay.Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. We arranged several tours through Jollyboys that were excellent. I would gladly recommend it to my friends. Note that I am 69 so it is not just comfortable for young folks.

• 30th Mar 2015

We loved the rooms - the location - the food. Just one tiny problem - the overhead light didn't work. The bulb probably needed changed. Other than that, everything was great! Thanks!

• 20th Mar 2015

Staff waited until after 2 am when our bus arrived to check us in.

• 19th Mar 2015

Wifi was not so good. If I could use it smoothly, it was great!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry the wifi was not working as smoothly as expected, this remains a challenge in Africa. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to host you again in the future. Happy travels.

loved it, everyone was so friendly wven when we had communication issues with the staff they tried their best to get it right!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we really do appreciate the positive comments and are so happy that you had a great time with us in Livingstone. We're also happy that we got through any communication issues - we host guests from all around the world so this really is great! Happy travels!

We were told that we can lock away our luggage (suitcases) we hat due to the flight - but there was no such service :(

• 10th Mar 2015

Good hostel. Reception and the bar close a little early, 8.00 p.m. and 10.30 p.m. respectively.

The staff was great, very helpful, friendly, and ready to take the extra step to serve us.

• 7th Mar 2015

The private ensuite room we had was fine except for the shower, hardly any water came out, we ended up filling bottles from the sink tap and using those. Also the 'hot' water was the same temperature as the cold and despite asking reception staff several times if this was usual, it was not resolved. A fish we ate one evening was cooked to a cinder. Otherwise everything was very good. Particular praise to the driver Moy who is a star. A

• 6th Mar 2015