Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

We loved the rooms - the location - the food. Just one tiny problem - the overhead light didn't work. The bulb probably needed changed. Other than that, everything was great! Thanks!

• 20th Mar 2015

Staff waited until after 2 am when our bus arrived to check us in.

• 19th Mar 2015

Wifi was not so good. If I could use it smoothly, it was great!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry the wifi was not working as smoothly as expected, this remains a challenge in Africa. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to host you again in the future. Happy travels.

loved it, everyone was so friendly wven when we had communication issues with the staff they tried their best to get it right!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we really do appreciate the positive comments and are so happy that you had a great time with us in Livingstone. We're also happy that we got through any communication issues - we host guests from all around the world so this really is great! Happy travels!

We were told that we can lock away our luggage (suitcases) we hat due to the flight - but there was no such service :(

• 10th Mar 2015

Good hostel. Reception and the bar close a little early, 8.00 p.m. and 10.30 p.m. respectively.

The staff was great, very helpful, friendly, and ready to take the extra step to serve us.

• 7th Mar 2015

The private ensuite room we had was fine except for the shower, hardly any water came out, we ended up filling bottles from the sink tap and using those. Also the 'hot' water was the same temperature as the cold and despite asking reception staff several times if this was usual, it was not resolved. A fish we ate one evening was cooked to a cinder. Otherwise everything was very good. Particular praise to the driver Moy who is a star. A

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great place. Everything you'd want in a hostel

• 5th Mar 2015

First time for us at jolly boys and loved it. Way better then I thought it would be. Great price and close to everything. Also provided free transportation. Simply amazing!!! Thank you, and we will for sure be back. Recommend to anyone I know going to Livingston.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

the public areas need to be refurbish. Internet is down most of the time they where working on a tach or something roof, and left us without electricity in the area after they left. The restaurant or bar staff always keep the change when purchasing any thing. Once you leave them a tip then they will treat you normal but no tip , no nothing.

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry that your stay was not up to our usual standards. We take our reviews serious and we will adres your feedback at our next staff meeting. It was unfortunate that you were with us whilst we were busy with refurbishments of our roof. We hope to host you again so we can show our usual level of hospitality

our short weekend visit was well worth it as it was the first time we had experience Zambia, the people/ staff were fantastic, very helpful. location ideal for tourists.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

Good atmosphere for those looking to have a good time. The staff was awesome, very friendly and personable. The self-catering kitchen was a bit lackluster, but beggars cant be choosers. Really enjoyed the people I met and my hassle-free time at Jollyboys. The one little comlaint was there were a lot of long-term traveling groups, staying there while doing school/volunteer work. They took up much of the common room space and internet usage as they lazed about.

friendly staff, nice atmosphere, good place to meet people.

• 6th Feb 2015

I really liked the set up of the hostel with the pool, seating and cushions. I think the bar area could be more lively, maybe I was there at a quiet time but it felt like there was not much atmosphere at night. Maybe if a more extensive dinner menu was offered people would be more inclined to hang around and eat there. All the staff were really nice and helpful, it's also great being able to book all the tours through Jolly Boys. The book exchange was good and also the area for washing clothes.

One of the best value places I've ever stayed. Fantastic vibe inside makes up for an otherwise dull town. Good range of activities available but things are on the expensive side.

Really great Hostel with a fantastic atmosphere and location. Not the best restaurant it only had a few different things but the kitchen facilities were good and easy to make your own cheap food :) Would really recommend this place to everyone

Okay Hostel for Livingstone, centrally located close to supermarket and ATMs. Good wifi. Very nice hangout area and garden, pool was not so clean however. Bathrooms clean and new, dorms a bit run down. Free pickup from airport didn't show up.

I don't think this has much to do with the hostel in general -- and the staff and accomodations were definitely NOT the problem -- but the prices being charged for excursions is completely unacceptable. I know this is a tourist destination -- but I was shocked to see prices over 100 USD for activities in Zambia. You don't even pay that much in the US. My main critique of this area is that it is far too expensive for what it is...which is a shame.

• 9th Jan 2015

Everything about this hostel was perfect! I really enjoyed my stay and will go back for sure. Thanks:)

• 5th Jan 2015