Jollyboys Backpackers

Superb 1424 Total Reviews
Superb 1424 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Jun 2017

This was a fantastic backpackers - the atmosphere was very relaxed. They provided lots of activities & a great base in Zambia. One of the bar tenders has a really good playlist. Could not recommend this place more!

• USA, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2017

The staff at Jollyboys is their best asset- very knowledgeable about activities in the area and able to help you book them. When we arrived, we had nothing scheduled or booked, but our whole weekend played out perfectly. Also, having the restaurant attached is a lifesaver. The breakfast is delicious and very affordable. The whole property is very clean and I would highly recommend staying here again.

6th Jun 2017

A nice little "safari lodge" in a dusty tourist town. Right behind the Livingstone Museum, the only worthwhile tourist attraction in the town itself. Only drawback is the very slow internet, which is a function of the country, not the hostel. (It's much faster in Zimbabwe). Free daily shuttle to the falls at 10am (but you have to find your way back). US$ accepted within the hostel. (Remember to bring lots of US$, especially small bills.) Chain supermarket 2 blocks away (accepting only local ccy)

Thank you for your review. Yes, the internet is quite challenging at times, although on the positive side … when the internet is slow, people talk to each other more! Wherever we can, we do try to offer a variety of services for our guests, at no charge. Wishing you all the best for your future travels. The Jollyboys Team.

• USA, Male, 41+
5th Jun 2017

I enjoyed my stay at Livingston Backpackers. It had a small menu of food to order and a fully supplied kitchen to us if you wanted to cook for yourself. The staff was friendly, as were the other guests when I was there. The internet was a bit slow at times, but I think that's pretty common in Zambia. At least here, it seemed to work regularly.

Thank you for your review. Yes, the internet is quite challenging at times, although on the positive side … when the internet is slow, people talk to each other more! However connectivity has improved significantly in Zambia over the past few years, hopefully the future holds further developments in store for us. Wishing you all the best for your future travels. The Jollyboys Team.

• Bangladesh, Female, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

Jollyboys was great, we enjoyed all the activities they booked for us. The staff was friendly, although one staff person did give the wrong information about going to the Falls. When I asked her if I needed my passport, she said I didn't unless I wanted to go over to the Zimbabwean side, which was incorrect as to even enter the Falls area, you need to submit your ID. The other complaint I had was that I saw several cockroaches in the dorms, and even one in my bed which made me extremely uneasy.

Many thanks for your feedback, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time in Livingstone. I have spoken with the Reception team about the information regarding passports entering the Falls, to clarify; photo I.D is required to enter any National Park, however passports are required if you wish to enter the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls. Apologies for the misunderstanding, our team will ensure this information is passed on for future guests. With regards to finding cockroaches in the room, this is very surprising as the Housekeeping Team are particularly vigilant when cleaning rooms, to look out for any signs of insects as we regularly spray to keep mosquitos and cockroaches at bay. The dorm has been inspected since and no signs of insects have been found, hopefully this was an isolated incident. Sadly, if we had known at the time, we would have happily changed your room to improve your stay with us. Wishing you all the best for your future travels. The Jollyboys Team.

• USA, Male, 41+
29th May 2017

This is a great place! All the staff were clearly devoted to making sure your stay is fantastic. The private rooms are very nice and clean. Simple but more than adequate. Couldn't ask for a better experience. It's also a beautiful place with interesting architecture. We stayed here before and after our safaris. I can't say enough good about the facilities and staff of Jolly Boys!

Thank you so much for your review, the Team really appreciate hearing that guests enjoyed their time with us at Jollyboys. We aim to be the perfect traveler rest stop; pre-safari, post-safari and everything in between! Wishing you all the best for your future travels. The Jollyboys Team.

15th May 2017

Internet is bad but loved the place in general.

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our guests. Internet connectivity can sometimes be frustrating in Livingstone, as with many African towns, we are still trying to catch-up to Western standards. Thankfully Jollyboys have been able to convert to solar energy which has certainly helped with more reliable Internet access.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
15th May 2017

I only had a few days to explore Livingstone on my own, and loved the friendly atmosphere at Jollyboys. Great to meet so many different people and be able to head off various adventures with different groups of people. Much more fun than staying in a hotel.

What a great review - Thank you! We hope that all our guests are able to enjoy Jollyboys, Livingstone and traveling in general as you clearly have. We wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back and hearing of your adventures further afield. Kind regards, The Jollyboys Team.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th May 2017

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Very clean, great staff, and really good atmosphere - you could easily spend your days at the hostel relaxing. My only complaint is the lack of vegetarian options for food.

Thank you for your kind words, we all work very hard to create a backpacker haven; clean, safe, friendly and a relaxed space. We are delighted to hear you found it so. The catering team have been working on more diverse menus, as well as soon to be introducing daily Zambian specials. We are focusing on more variety for vegetarian and vegan meals and hope to have them operational in the very near future. Wishing you all the best with your future travels, The Jollyboys Team.

• USA, Female, 25-30
13th May 2017

This was a great hostel, great location, only about 10-20 minutes from Victoria falls and Livingstone Airport, close to the main street. The dorms were clean, as well as the facilities. The bar/restaurant was good enough, very basic menu, but served its purpose. The staff was great, very knowledgeable, very friendly.

WOW - thank you! Jollyboys have a great team who all work very hard towards the same goal: to be the best Backpackers in Zambia! Wishing you all the best with your future travels, The Jollyboys Team.