Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

I think the water especially hot water should closely be monitored and attended to

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Zambia

It was way too cold in dormitory and the blanket they offered wasn't a blanket, it was like a big towel. And the people at the reception was rude and not really polite. Don't want to recommend to others....

Jolly Boys remains a really great option while staying in Livingstone. My only complaints would be the water pressure and temperature in the showers. Just as a heads up for the cooler months (ex: July): If its chilly outside, it will be chilly in the rooms, because they are heavily ventilated. However, there are heavy blankets that keep you warm.

We were thrown between the two locations of the hostel (camp and backpackers), they didn't have room available so they transported us out to the camp which they said would be close by and it was really off. There was no wifi. And the staff just kept us hanging there without informing us wether we had a room or not. Also when promising us a room at the first location, they almost gave it away to two other girls in front of us while we were deciding. This was very rude.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The atmosphere was great... very chilled, with a pillow pit to relax in after walking around the falls. The staff was available to answer questions, but I didn't find them overly friendly or enthusiastic. It was the clients job to actively pursue information. The week I was there, there weren't many solo travelers, but a lot of big groups.

a great place to stay especially catering to a big group of volunteers. lovely place to relax with a huge bar and lounge area and they do food as well. slight mix up with out booking on arrival but accommodating and fit us all into rooms.

I had such great stay at Jollyboys. It had an awesome vibe and the people who work there are super friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend Jollyboys to anyone planning on spending time in Livingstone. Zambia you beauty - the best adventure I've ever had!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

What kind if atmosphere are you referring to? The place is nothing of Zambia, nothing of what the world is outside the gates. But I guess that's not what tourists want. They want that kind of artificial, fashionable, physical "adventure" they can write home about, but nothing of the not so elegant, sometimes dirty, sometimes not so well-functioning real world. But--the atmosphere is a fascinating, "African", backpacker atmosphere with young, white girls sitting around, glued to their iPhones.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Had a lovely trip to Victoria falls from here, and also the combination of walking lions, cheetahs, and elephant ride. Well worth the money! Special place. X Thank you.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The staff at Jollyboys could not be more lovely and helpful!! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay - the atmosphere & company - and would recommend it to others. I will note though that I did not have hot water in my private room the three days I was there, and the internet is generally fairly difficult to gain access to given the volume of backpackers attempting to use their devices. Warn loved ones you might be incommunicado.

• 27th Jun 2014

The hostel is EXCELLENTLY located in town, close to everything. Taxis are nearby and are readily available to take you to the falls. The staff are extremely helpful, and can help you arrange nearly anything you want to do in the area. The atmosphere is great and well-maintained, and it's a good place to meet other travelers. The free airport pickup is a major plus as well! The showers are a little dingy, and there are no lockers in the rooms (small locked cubbies are available outside).

Sorry to say that there was VERY poor moral among the staff that made them very unfriendly bordering on Rude. So I did not enjoy my stay unfortunately in this place and others I spoke to experienced the same rudeness, resistance and unfriendliness of staff. Not what i am used to travelling in Africa and I wondered, what happend to them that they are so burnt out by tourists?

• 8th Jun 2014

We had a fantastic stay, felt very welcome especially when walking into reception to ask about tours, travel info luggage storage etc and I was known by name :-) the kitchen could use a few additional saucepans and pots but other than that it was great. loved the breakfasts on offer, smoothies and wraps for lunch.

• 6th Jun 2014

Showers could be hotter, now they were cold. And maybe there were too many guests, but i hat expected it to be a bit more personal. There organization capacities were brilliant.

• 6th Jun 2014

I have stayed here many times before. This is a well run place and highly recommended. Will probably stay there again before the end of 2014.

They need to improve the quality of the beds. Spraying for bugs in rooms was indicated.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hard to get a good night's sleep- noisy place, and dorms are near common areas and sound carries.

• 31st May 2014

The atmosphere was great - I really liked the lovely houses. When I come back to Livingstone, I'll chose Jollyboys again. The arrangement of the tour to Chobe Nationalpark was good and worth every Dollar. The free bus to the Victoriafalls was also kindly.

• 23rd May 2014

I have to say that when I booked this, I thought the restaurant would be open for dinner, not just during the day. This, combined with Jollyboy's distance from local restaurants, made dinner a bit annoying. Staff told me not to wander around on my own at night, so I either needed to eat super early, or have pizza for dinner. I think if you are going to tell single female customers that it is not safe for them to walk back after 7 or 8 pm at night, you need to provide more dinner options.

• 17th May 2014

Most enjoyable experience. Would have liked cleaner kitchen.

• 15th May 2014