Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

Very helpful staff, everything set up really well. Free shuttles from airport/to falls a bonus.

• 19th Jan 2016

Food was great. Service was slow, but it was always worth the wait. Location to downtown amenities was a plus. It was convenient starting point for an incredible trip. Water in the shower was luke warm, at best, but it was warm out and I didn't really mind.

• 17th Jan 2016

We stayed at Jollyboys for four nights and enjoyed it a lot. Staff were helpful and nice. It is a place where you easily meet other travelers which we found really great. Jollyboys offers many activity possibilities so I guess it can't be easier to you onto adventures.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Only stayed for one night, but really enjoyed. The staff were extremely helpful in organizing the last minute trip to the Devil's pool. Lots of space to hang out and liked the bar area. There was no locker to leave things, so had to leave my passport in the reception.

I had a great stay at this place. Rooms with Air Condition something you really need in January. They picked me for free from the border with Zimbawe. If you have time go for a drink and at Royal Livingstone which has a great sunset. The prices are very high on the Zimbawean side because of the dollar and the taxi drivers overcharge a lot so I would probably stay more time on the Zambian side of the falls.

Great prices for what you receive at JollyBoys. Rooms were clean, A/C and ceiling fan were very much appreciated after a long hot day in the sun. Location very convenient to all attractions. Shuttle service very much appreciated to visit Victoria Falls and for our 2D/1N safari. Prompt service by all employees.

• 30th Dec 2015

Please have a masuku smoothie during masuku season (December). The world needs to know masuku.

• 27th Dec 2015

Staff are so kind and flexible, they have great helpful information more than enough, we really enjoyed staying there.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Japan

We had a very nice stay at Jollyboys. Nice swimmingpool, great atmosphere, the bar provides with everything if you need/want and also close to shops etc. Definitely worth going back :-)

• 22nd Dec 2015

Awesome place to stay! Great food with good prices, comfortable lounging area and a pool!

• 21st Dec 2015

Fantastic service, helpful staff, great location. It's very easy to book activities through the hostel. I'd highly recommend staying here!

Very nice female guard and nice saff. Good that there was a kitchen and recyceling of plastic bottles.

• 14th Dec 2015

Awesome environment and the staff is incredibly lovely and helpful. Made my stay in Livingstone exceptional. Perfectly located right next to Livingstone museum and the central strip in town!

• 14th Dec 2015

One of the best backpackers I have seen so far! Very nice location with friendly staff, worth the money!

A fun and lively hostel where I met a lot of great people. The staff are very helpful and booked all of my Victoria Falls activities in just a few minutes. There is also a restaurant/bar on site where you can buy cheap beer and a tasty breakfast. My only complaints are the lack of hot water in the showers (maybe they were broken?), spotty Internet, and insects in the bathrooms -- but those are to be expected in a hostel! Overall a great experience that I would definitely recommend.

JollyBoys hostel is a perfect place to visit the Vic Falls from the Zambian side. (However, if you had to choose only one side, you should probably go to Zimbabwe.) The hostel is very functional and convenient. The showers look a bit dirty sometimes, toilets are very clean. The major downside we encountered when staying there is getting ripped off by the staff with conversion rates.

Excellent hostel in centre of city. Great bar area, good food and drink and prices, and perfect to meet other travellers.Private rooms quite expensive for what they are.

Very nice people. The security at the place is good, but be wary of the hawkers outside. They will try to scam you.

We really enjoyed our stay at JollyBoys. They are very helpful with booking activities and have a great atmosphere. Only complaint is there is no lock on the dorm door, so anyone can enter the dorm that isn't sleeping in there. However, we felt fairly secure using the lockers and with the security entrance gate. I would definitely stay here again next time!

Power was off on the city for some hours each day and Jolliboys' generator does not supply the rooms. We also had no water for 8 hours one day. Units were clean. Great location. Most of the staff were great.

• 4th Nov 2015