Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

We had a nice time in Livingstone and at Jollyboys. However, I think we have got some bed bugs with us home.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Staff were very helpful, and was a well arranged facility. I would go there again!

• 4th Apr 2014

probably the best hostel i have stayed in, everything was excellent

• 29th Mar 2014

The staff didn't are and always looked bothered when you asked then anything. The kitchen was closed which was poorly advertised and I wasn't informed I had to find out myself. On 2 occasions the stuff I left in the dorm was opened an searches through at least they have lockers for my valuables.

• 29th Mar 2014

Great place, friendly and well organised

• 28th Mar 2014
  • South Africa
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, its close to restaurants and grocery store. The hostel will drop you off at Vic Falls in the morning if you signed up at least the day before and picks you up from the airport. I also did the Chobe National park tour booked with the hostel and it was a great day and tour. The beds are not great, but its a hostel. The staff is very helpful so just ask them questions.

Just a small point of detail - the shower head had a lot of limescale and could do with a clean with a de-scaler periodically. However, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Jolly Boys in Livingstone.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Tons of locals hanging out and sleeping in main areas. Spotty Wi-Fi. Awesome airport pick up and shuttles to the falls. Many activities and excellent location.

• 2nd Mar 2014

We felt that the kitchen and catering facilities needed extending, updating and restocking with equipment. It is understood that one should clean up after oneself but not many of us travel with washing up liquid and tea towels. It was a little absurd that the cleaning staff were under everyone's feet at breakfast time - the busiest time of the day. Compared to Chameleon Backpackers in Windhoek the kitchen area was poor. However, the general ambiance of 'Jolly'boys is described in its title!

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

the hostel is very well located in the center of Livingstone close to banks cafés and restaurants. The staff is qualified and the hostel offers a lot of activities. Rooms are ok. A few desapointments : i had not hot showers during my stay and almost no internet connexion

• 28th Feb 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking some time to review your stay with us! Apologies for internet not working, we had just changed the system to free internet and so we were undergoing that process of new system. Sorry for not having hot water during your stay. We promise to meet your expectation of what type of room you have booked for the future. Warm Regards Jollyboys Crew

My friends and I had a great time at Jollyboys Backpackers. The rooms were great and the staff helped us with everything that we needed. Kim booked us on every adventure that we were looking for and gave great advice on what was fun to do in Zambia. Everyone was also very flexible about us switching activities a few times. The atmosphere is also wonderful. So many different cultures represented and fun in the evenings. I can't wait for my next adventure to Zambia and to stay at Jollyboys!

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review about your stay with us! Looking forward to your future stay! Warm Regards Jollyboys crew

Most of the staff were incredible--some were a little cold especially at first when we really had no idea what was going on or what we were doing. But maybe relax a little when you seem to be dealing with people who really don't know what they want.

• 21st Feb 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review your stay us! We are in the process of training most of the staff and sorry that you were not helped to plan your time here. We will make sure that we improve on staff been more helpful. Looking forward to your future stay! Warm Regards Jollyboys crew

Stayed here twice. Second room not quite as clean as it should be when I got there. Some of the staff are lovely - especially Muyo. Great location to explore Livingstone.

Thank for you for always staying us! So sorry about the room not been clean when you got here. We hope to host you in future and make sure that the rooms are spotlessly clean. Warm Regards Jollyboys crew

I thought this place was pretty overrated. My 4-bed room was sooo small; I wish I had booked one of the bigger dorm rooms. And there was so little water coming out of the shower that it was laughable.

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us! Sorry that your stay was not up your expectation, we have changed those rooms into different room types. We are not strict on changing of room type during your stay and we would have been happy to change your dorm booking to another dorm. Apologies for no water, we have upgraded the standards on spot checks and fixing broken things. Looking forward to your future stay!

Very amazing safari in Botswana , thanks a lot!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for staying with us and Happy to know you had an amazing time in chobe. Looking forward to your future stay and wishing you more happy travels!

Had a great stay at Jollyboys. Lovely room and garden around the rooms. Amenities block was light and airy and good little pool. My only complaint would be that the menu is very Western, the beef stew was very bland, like school dinner, and no maize meal was on offer. Also the tv is always on sports and Western music it would be great to see some African music videos and hear some Zambian music. The bar was an excellent social hub and the way you can book so many activities was brilliant.

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. On the menu most people turn to go out especially when it comes to Zambian dishes at local restaurants in town. We used to have it on the menu but it never sold. We will make sure we have a variety of music for the bar. Looking forward to your future stay!

Excellent location, right on the beach, dinner atmosphere is amazing, lots of people at night.

The best hostel i've ever stayed. The common area is very good, has ample and cozy space, not to mention the pool and the bar. The only problem is that the bar closes at 11pm, and the kitchen is not that well equipped, i saw just one knife during the time i spent there! Stayed in a 8 bed dorm and the room was quite large. Very clean as safe. No free wifi.

• 29th Jan 2014

I found the whole place verygood and the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool could have been cleaner. The only issue with the communual kitchen was that there seemed to be no organisation in the fridge, no individual compartments divisions causing an issue when searching for your food, displacing and moving other peoples food.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Couple, 41+

What a fantastic stay! Excellent for all points. We met a lot of new friends, got great help from the staff who were very friendly and had comfortable accommodation. Great pool/bar/eating area. Could think of nowhere better to stay in Livingstone.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

It was amazing hosting you! Thank you so much for taking some time to review your stay with us! We hope to host you in future, and we wish you happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3