Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

It is a nice accomodation, however a little bit more kitchen equipment like more knifes should be appreciated by me and other travelers. I also found it annoying that they changed the wifi password each day.

Thanks for staying with us and for taking time to review your stay. Sorry that some things were not available to use during your stay. We do try within our powers to make sure the self catering kitchen has the most useful things. Jollyboys Crew

Nice place with swimming pool. Kitchen coul be better. Can be noisy at night depending of people. Good location about 10-15 min by walk from the bus station.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review your stay. We do try to make sure the kitchen has most useful things. sorry that some things were not available at the time you stayed with us. Jollyboys Crew

We are pleased. But! do not lie, no Wi fi!!!

• 1st May 2014
  • Russia
  • Couple, 41+

It would be useful if the hostel could accept credit card payments. I thought that providing free water was a very nice touch, much appreciated and great to keep down the plastic bottle consumption.

• 1st May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review your stay.

This is a very nice place to play and they provide a wonderful atmosphere and a variety of services that make the stay very pleasant. While the price is high enough, they do provide a fair number of services to offset that concern. I highly recommend staying here.

• 27th Apr 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay here - I ended up switching to Livingstone Backpackers, which was lovely. Although the rooms at Jollyboys were beautiful, and the common room nice as well, the staff was so unpleasant and unhelpful that I didn't want to stay. Speaking to others at the hostel proved that many felt the same way. Also, I could not connect to wifi as only a select number can connect at any given time. I'd heard Jollyboys was slipping, guess it's true!

A great hostel with tremendously friendly staff who go out of their way to help you in any situation and are great fun . The hostel is located one minutes walk from the centre of town with all the amenities you need. Security staff on the front gate 24 hours and always greet you with a smile. A free bus to Victoria Falls in the morning and club together for a cheap 8km taxi ride back. The atmosphere is chilled and relaxing during the day with a lovely pool and surrounding sunbeds to top the tan.

Great atmosphere and very secure, I would stay there again. Sometimes, however, the staff didn't seem to be fully paying attention when questions were asked.

• 18th Apr 2014

Love every moment of it. The friends you made, the tours they provided, the accommodation, the facilities, the location. The ONLY place to stay if you are in Livingstone.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Very close to city centre. Lots of activities that they put up on a board. The lockers are located outside the dorms and in front of the reception. The WIFI only seems to handle a couple of users at the same time, at the middle of the day it can be hard to get a connection. I liked the free ride to the Vic falls, remember, it's a one way ride, but easy to grab a shuttle back. The kitchen is horrible. For a popular hostel like this, they could at least invest in some plates and forks.

Great place to stay. Highly recommended. Will recommend to everyone on a budget but not looking sacrifice comfort and cleanliness. Great food as well.

• 12th Apr 2014

We had a nice time in Livingstone and at Jollyboys. However, I think we have got some bed bugs with us home.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Staff were very helpful, and was a well arranged facility. I would go there again!

• 4th Apr 2014

probably the best hostel i have stayed in, everything was excellent

• 29th Mar 2014

The staff didn't are and always looked bothered when you asked then anything. The kitchen was closed which was poorly advertised and I wasn't informed I had to find out myself. On 2 occasions the stuff I left in the dorm was opened an searches through at least they have lockers for my valuables.

• 29th Mar 2014

Great place, friendly and well organised

• 28th Mar 2014
  • South Africa
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, its close to restaurants and grocery store. The hostel will drop you off at Vic Falls in the morning if you signed up at least the day before and picks you up from the airport. I also did the Chobe National park tour booked with the hostel and it was a great day and tour. The beds are not great, but its a hostel. The staff is very helpful so just ask them questions.

Just a small point of detail - the shower head had a lot of limescale and could do with a clean with a de-scaler periodically. However, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Jolly Boys in Livingstone.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Tons of locals hanging out and sleeping in main areas. Spotty Wi-Fi. Awesome airport pick up and shuttles to the falls. Many activities and excellent location.

• 2nd Mar 2014

We felt that the kitchen and catering facilities needed extending, updating and restocking with equipment. It is understood that one should clean up after oneself but not many of us travel with washing up liquid and tea towels. It was a little absurd that the cleaning staff were under everyone's feet at breakfast time - the busiest time of the day. Compared to Chameleon Backpackers in Windhoek the kitchen area was poor. However, the general ambiance of 'Jolly'boys is described in its title!

• 1st Mar 2014