Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

We had a fantastic stay, felt very welcome especially when walking into reception to ask about tours, travel info luggage storage etc and I was known by name :-) the kitchen could use a few additional saucepans and pots but other than that it was great. loved the breakfasts on offer, smoothies and wraps for lunch.

• 6th Jun 2014

Showers could be hotter, now they were cold. And maybe there were too many guests, but i hat expected it to be a bit more personal. There organization capacities were brilliant.

• 6th Jun 2014

I have stayed here many times before. This is a well run place and highly recommended. Will probably stay there again before the end of 2014.

They need to improve the quality of the beds. Spraying for bugs in rooms was indicated.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hard to get a good night's sleep- noisy place, and dorms are near common areas and sound carries.

• 31st May 2014

The atmosphere was great - I really liked the lovely houses. When I come back to Livingstone, I'll chose Jollyboys again. The arrangement of the tour to Chobe Nationalpark was good and worth every Dollar. The free bus to the Victoriafalls was also kindly.

• 23rd May 2014

I have to say that when I booked this, I thought the restaurant would be open for dinner, not just during the day. This, combined with Jollyboy's distance from local restaurants, made dinner a bit annoying. Staff told me not to wander around on my own at night, so I either needed to eat super early, or have pizza for dinner. I think if you are going to tell single female customers that it is not safe for them to walk back after 7 or 8 pm at night, you need to provide more dinner options.

• 17th May 2014

Most enjoyable experience. Would have liked cleaner kitchen.

• 15th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It is a nice accomodation, however a little bit more kitchen equipment like more knifes should be appreciated by me and other travelers. I also found it annoying that they changed the wifi password each day.

Thanks for staying with us and for taking time to review your stay. Sorry that some things were not available to use during your stay. We do try within our powers to make sure the self catering kitchen has the most useful things. Jollyboys Crew

Nice place with swimming pool. Kitchen coul be better. Can be noisy at night depending of people. Good location about 10-15 min by walk from the bus station.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review your stay. We do try to make sure the kitchen has most useful things. sorry that some things were not available at the time you stayed with us. Jollyboys Crew

We are pleased. But! do not lie, no Wi fi!!!

• 1st May 2014
  • Russia
  • Couple, 41+

It would be useful if the hostel could accept credit card payments. I thought that providing free water was a very nice touch, much appreciated and great to keep down the plastic bottle consumption.

• 1st May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review your stay.

This is a very nice place to play and they provide a wonderful atmosphere and a variety of services that make the stay very pleasant. While the price is high enough, they do provide a fair number of services to offset that concern. I highly recommend staying here.

• 27th Apr 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay here - I ended up switching to Livingstone Backpackers, which was lovely. Although the rooms at Jollyboys were beautiful, and the common room nice as well, the staff was so unpleasant and unhelpful that I didn't want to stay. Speaking to others at the hostel proved that many felt the same way. Also, I could not connect to wifi as only a select number can connect at any given time. I'd heard Jollyboys was slipping, guess it's true!

A great hostel with tremendously friendly staff who go out of their way to help you in any situation and are great fun . The hostel is located one minutes walk from the centre of town with all the amenities you need. Security staff on the front gate 24 hours and always greet you with a smile. A free bus to Victoria Falls in the morning and club together for a cheap 8km taxi ride back. The atmosphere is chilled and relaxing during the day with a lovely pool and surrounding sunbeds to top the tan.

Great atmosphere and very secure, I would stay there again. Sometimes, however, the staff didn't seem to be fully paying attention when questions were asked.

• 18th Apr 2014

Love every moment of it. The friends you made, the tours they provided, the accommodation, the facilities, the location. The ONLY place to stay if you are in Livingstone.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Very close to city centre. Lots of activities that they put up on a board. The lockers are located outside the dorms and in front of the reception. The WIFI only seems to handle a couple of users at the same time, at the middle of the day it can be hard to get a connection. I liked the free ride to the Vic falls, remember, it's a one way ride, but easy to grab a shuttle back. The kitchen is horrible. For a popular hostel like this, they could at least invest in some plates and forks.

Great place to stay. Highly recommended. Will recommend to everyone on a budget but not looking sacrifice comfort and cleanliness. Great food as well.

• 12th Apr 2014

We had a nice time in Livingstone and at Jollyboys. However, I think we have got some bed bugs with us home.

• 4th Apr 2014