Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

A great place to stay on a budget in Livingstone. Staff at the travel desk helped me arrange everything I wanted to do. The food at the restaurant was delicious, although there were limited options. There's a great little area for reading and chilling out. The WiFi worked great when the power was on, but the town is on a load share so check the bar area for a list of times when it will be out so you're not caught off guard. I'd definitely stay here again.

Good place for stay, good location, good atmosphere. Definitely like this place.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Russia

We loved the chill out area. And we were also content with the assistance to book events.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Sweden
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Faith and the team are so kind and helpful. Really loved the location and the guests, such a great way to meet interesting people from all over the world. One of my best hostel experiences!

• 14th Oct 2015

We loved it, definitely coming back.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Namibia

The set up is great and beautiful and the staff is great. Lots of adventures available to choose from. Wish guests would be alerted before going to only bring new 100 dollar notes. It would be helpful if this information is provided on the website and the confirmation emails so as to prepare accordingly. Maybe organize nightly events at the location to offer opportunities to network. Overall experience was great.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Kenya

No electricity and water most of the time (not directly their fault but if they would get a bigger generator, this could be avoided) at the hotel area, no proper internet, room that are cleaned not even once during your stay, staff rudeness few of many things that made me leave the property and move into another place while visiting Livingstone

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Israel

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were basic but clean and tidy.

Had a wonderful trip to Livingstone, topped by proposing to my partner on a Zambezi River Sunset Cruise (I used to live in Lusaka, but my partner hadn't been to Africa, so was a great experience for her). Livingstone isn't the cheapest place (South Africa was cheaper) but Jolly Boys is good value for money, clean, friendly staff and located within easy reach of the town and to other activities. Many thanks to Masiye Moyo (Jollyboys' driver) - he was most helpful during our stay.

• 25th Sep 2015

Not my first stay and JollyBoys in Livingstone, but another great stay. Convenient, safe, budget minded place to stay in Livingstone. No complaints!

• 24th Sep 2015

Thanks for coming back and your kind words. We enjoyed having you stay with us again. See you next time, The Jollyboys Team

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the Kudu room at the Jolly boys. The atmosphere is wonderful, staff is great, and I met so many people from all over the world. The swedish massage that i got from the spa was excellent! I've had a lot of massages in my lifelifetime and that was one of the best. I will definitely be back!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Zambia

I've now stayed at Jollyboys 4 times and it feels like coming home each visit. Don't miss their French Toast for breakfast ... amazing!!

We really enjoyed our stay at Jollyboys and found the staff to be incredibly helpful!!

Aside from power outages (not the fault of Jolly Boys), our stay was magnificent. It was just the respite we needed after a few weeks in a village. Food is fantastic, staff is friendly! The only other issue we had was that the window leading outside of our room did not have any glass, just screens. That made us feel a little wary of having stuff in our room, so we tried to take everything with us. Otherwise, it was a good stay!

• 3rd Sep 2015

I have not got a bad word to say about my stay at Jollyboys Backpackers. What a wonderful experience. Kudos

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • South Africa

Jolly Boys is an outstanding hostel, more like a little boutique hotel than a hostel! Everything is kept in tip-top shape and it's very attractive - great ambience. Staff are very friendly and helpful. One pointed out to me that I would be flying out the next day from the OTHER airport across the border in Victoria Falls, NOT the airport in Livingstone. (I hadn't thought about there being 2 different airports so close together and might have missed my flight!) THANKS!!!

A really nice and clean hostel close to main street with restaurants and supermarket. The stuff had the patience to explain everything we needed to learn. The thing we didnt like is when we tried to book the devils pool trip and was fully booked they didnt tell us that there is an alternative way "angels pool" that is not the same but from nothing is soemthing. So we discovered it by ourselves from some locals. Also tgo to the zimbabwe side !!!!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Greece

LOVE the atmosphere. Super cool people to meet and hang out with stay at this hostel.

• 19th Aug 2015

The self-catered kitchen could use a few more utensils.

• 19th Aug 2015

I had a fantastic stay. I went on my own but made friends there. The staff were so helpful and lovely, in particular Kim and Mark, thanks guys!! The only qualm i have is that the menu could have a little more variety in hot meals (a little like Lusaka Back Packers, and to have chips with burgers) and maybe hot chocolate (Milo) added to the drinks menu. I would definitely stay there again in I ever went back to Livingstone in the future!! I am a very happy customer! Thank you

• 16th Aug 2015