Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

the hostel is very well located in the center of Livingstone close to banks cafés and restaurants. The staff is qualified and the hostel offers a lot of activities. Rooms are ok. A few desapointments : i had not hot showers during my stay and almost no internet connexion

• 28th Feb 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking some time to review your stay with us! Apologies for internet not working, we had just changed the system to free internet and so we were undergoing that process of new system. Sorry for not having hot water during your stay. We promise to meet your expectation of what type of room you have booked for the future. Warm Regards Jollyboys Crew

My friends and I had a great time at Jollyboys Backpackers. The rooms were great and the staff helped us with everything that we needed. Kim booked us on every adventure that we were looking for and gave great advice on what was fun to do in Zambia. Everyone was also very flexible about us switching activities a few times. The atmosphere is also wonderful. So many different cultures represented and fun in the evenings. I can't wait for my next adventure to Zambia and to stay at Jollyboys!

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review about your stay with us! Looking forward to your future stay! Warm Regards Jollyboys crew

Most of the staff were incredible--some were a little cold especially at first when we really had no idea what was going on or what we were doing. But maybe relax a little when you seem to be dealing with people who really don't know what they want.

• 21st Feb 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review your stay us! We are in the process of training most of the staff and sorry that you were not helped to plan your time here. We will make sure that we improve on staff been more helpful. Looking forward to your future stay! Warm Regards Jollyboys crew

Stayed here twice. Second room not quite as clean as it should be when I got there. Some of the staff are lovely - especially Muyo. Great location to explore Livingstone.

Thank for you for always staying us! So sorry about the room not been clean when you got here. We hope to host you in future and make sure that the rooms are spotlessly clean. Warm Regards Jollyboys crew

I thought this place was pretty overrated. My 4-bed room was sooo small; I wish I had booked one of the bigger dorm rooms. And there was so little water coming out of the shower that it was laughable.

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us! Sorry that your stay was not up your expectation, we have changed those rooms into different room types. We are not strict on changing of room type during your stay and we would have been happy to change your dorm booking to another dorm. Apologies for no water, we have upgraded the standards on spot checks and fixing broken things. Looking forward to your future stay!

Very amazing safari in Botswana , thanks a lot!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for staying with us and Happy to know you had an amazing time in chobe. Looking forward to your future stay and wishing you more happy travels!

Had a great stay at Jollyboys. Lovely room and garden around the rooms. Amenities block was light and airy and good little pool. My only complaint would be that the menu is very Western, the beef stew was very bland, like school dinner, and no maize meal was on offer. Also the tv is always on sports and Western music it would be great to see some African music videos and hear some Zambian music. The bar was an excellent social hub and the way you can book so many activities was brilliant.

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. On the menu most people turn to go out especially when it comes to Zambian dishes at local restaurants in town. We used to have it on the menu but it never sold. We will make sure we have a variety of music for the bar. Looking forward to your future stay!

1 2 3 Next » last »