Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

Great place to stay. Highly recommended. Will recommend to everyone on a budget but not looking sacrifice comfort and cleanliness. Great food as well.

• 12th Apr 2014

We had a nice time in Livingstone and at Jollyboys. However, I think we have got some bed bugs with us home.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Staff were very helpful, and was a well arranged facility. I would go there again!

• 4th Apr 2014

probably the best hostel i have stayed in, everything was excellent

• 29th Mar 2014

The staff didn't are and always looked bothered when you asked then anything. The kitchen was closed which was poorly advertised and I wasn't informed I had to find out myself. On 2 occasions the stuff I left in the dorm was opened an searches through at least they have lockers for my valuables.

• 29th Mar 2014

Great place, friendly and well organised

• 28th Mar 2014
  • South Africa
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, its close to restaurants and grocery store. The hostel will drop you off at Vic Falls in the morning if you signed up at least the day before and picks you up from the airport. I also did the Chobe National park tour booked with the hostel and it was a great day and tour. The beds are not great, but its a hostel. The staff is very helpful so just ask them questions.

Just a small point of detail - the shower head had a lot of limescale and could do with a clean with a de-scaler periodically. However, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Jolly Boys in Livingstone.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Tons of locals hanging out and sleeping in main areas. Spotty Wi-Fi. Awesome airport pick up and shuttles to the falls. Many activities and excellent location.

• 2nd Mar 2014

We felt that the kitchen and catering facilities needed extending, updating and restocking with equipment. It is understood that one should clean up after oneself but not many of us travel with washing up liquid and tea towels. It was a little absurd that the cleaning staff were under everyone's feet at breakfast time - the busiest time of the day. Compared to Chameleon Backpackers in Windhoek the kitchen area was poor. However, the general ambiance of 'Jolly'boys is described in its title!

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

the hostel is very well located in the center of Livingstone close to banks cafés and restaurants. The staff is qualified and the hostel offers a lot of activities. Rooms are ok. A few desapointments : i had not hot showers during my stay and almost no internet connexion

• 28th Feb 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking some time to review your stay with us! Apologies for internet not working, we had just changed the system to free internet and so we were undergoing that process of new system. Sorry for not having hot water during your stay. We promise to meet your expectation of what type of room you have booked for the future. Warm Regards Jollyboys Crew

My friends and I had a great time at Jollyboys Backpackers. The rooms were great and the staff helped us with everything that we needed. Kim booked us on every adventure that we were looking for and gave great advice on what was fun to do in Zambia. Everyone was also very flexible about us switching activities a few times. The atmosphere is also wonderful. So many different cultures represented and fun in the evenings. I can't wait for my next adventure to Zambia and to stay at Jollyboys!

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review about your stay with us! Looking forward to your future stay! Warm Regards Jollyboys crew

1 2 3 Next » last »