Jollyboys Backpackers Reviews

34 Kanyanta Road, PO Box 61088, Livingstone, Zambia

we were in a double ensuite bedroom and the toilet was really dirty Soe members of the staff are really nice, but others are not helpfull and agreable

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for taking the time to write a review as we do take these comments to heart. We are sorry that you felt your toilet was dirty and hope that you requested to have the room recleaned or moved to another room so that you felt more comfortable. Each room is thoroughly cleaned between guests. We hope that you enjoyed your time in our beautiful destination!

Nice hostel that's very central and close to restaurants, grocery stores, banks, etc. Tours can also be booked at the reception which is very convenient. The guests are mostly young but families and couples are also present. I really enjoyed my stay but one thing which I think needs improvement is their wif connectivity. You won't be able to access their wifi if there's 10 people connected to it. Perhaps they should add extra wifi boxes to accommodate their high number of guests. Will b back!

• 24th Jul 2014

I was very pleased with the services and accommodations at Jollyboys Backpackers.

• 21st Jul 2014

I think the water especially hot water should closely be monitored and attended to

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Zambia

Great location, nice common areas, low prices! The rooms are very small, so don't plan on spending any time there during the day. The hot water facilities could also be much better (as most places in Africa). We were lucky to be three friends travelling together, but if you want to get to know other travelers I think you might have some difficulties at this hostel. At least during our stay, a lot of the guests seemed to be permanent guests and spent their time sitting in the wifi-area.

It was way too cold in dormitory and the blanket they offered wasn't a blanket, it was like a big towel. And the people at the reception was rude and not really polite. Don't want to recommend to others....

Even we slept in the biggest dorm, we had a peaceful sleep. In generel it is a wonderful place to stay. Good lunch, good beer (prices) and nice people. I would recommend it highly!

• 12th Jul 2014

Jolly Boys remains a really great option while staying in Livingstone. My only complaints would be the water pressure and temperature in the showers. Just as a heads up for the cooler months (ex: July): If its chilly outside, it will be chilly in the rooms, because they are heavily ventilated. However, there are heavy blankets that keep you warm.

We were thrown between the two locations of the hostel (camp and backpackers), they didn't have room available so they transported us out to the camp which they said would be close by and it was really off. There was no wifi. And the staff just kept us hanging there without informing us wether we had a room or not. Also when promising us a room at the first location, they almost gave it away to two other girls in front of us while we were deciding. This was very rude.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The atmosphere was great... very chilled, with a pillow pit to relax in after walking around the falls. The staff was available to answer questions, but I didn't find them overly friendly or enthusiastic. It was the clients job to actively pursue information. The week I was there, there weren't many solo travelers, but a lot of big groups.

a great place to stay especially catering to a big group of volunteers. lovely place to relax with a huge bar and lounge area and they do food as well. slight mix up with out booking on arrival but accommodating and fit us all into rooms.

Great athmosphere, lovely pool, great bar aand other places to hang, definitely recommend! The private room was good value for money.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Finland

I had such great stay at Jollyboys. It had an awesome vibe and the people who work there are super friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend Jollyboys to anyone planning on spending time in Livingstone. Zambia you beauty - the best adventure I've ever had!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

What kind if atmosphere are you referring to? The place is nothing of Zambia, nothing of what the world is outside the gates. But I guess that's not what tourists want. They want that kind of artificial, fashionable, physical "adventure" they can write home about, but nothing of the not so elegant, sometimes dirty, sometimes not so well-functioning real world. But--the atmosphere is a fascinating, "African", backpacker atmosphere with young, white girls sitting around, glued to their iPhones.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Had a lovely trip to Victoria falls from here, and also the combination of walking lions, cheetahs, and elephant ride. Well worth the money! Special place. X Thank you.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The staff at Jollyboys could not be more lovely and helpful!! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay - the atmosphere & company - and would recommend it to others. I will note though that I did not have hot water in my private room the three days I was there, and the internet is generally fairly difficult to gain access to given the volume of backpackers attempting to use their devices. Warn loved ones you might be incommunicado.

• 27th Jun 2014

We are happy you enjoyed your stay! Apologies for the hot water. It does sometimes run low during the peak times of 6-7am before safari departures. We have been offering free WiFi to our guests but this does seem to mean that people are using it more than they used to when we had a minimal charge system. We are looking at going back to a minimal charge to avoid congestion. There are many internet cafes with a short walk of the lodge. We hope to see you again soon!

1 2 3 Next » last »