Jollyboys Camp Reviews

80(S) Chipembi Road, Livingstone, Livingstone, Zambia

Friendly and competent staff, especially Faith in the Office, Mwobli and Chi-Chi at the bar, good barbecue man, sorry, did not get his name, great location and advice on town, great mix of people, and I felt safe and happy.

• 19th Nov 2014

Very good loation in the town centre of Livingstone.Nice breakfasts are served and the beer is cold and not expensive !! The double ensuite was okay, but the double bed was terrible ... Also, we had many mosquitos at night. The Tours sold at the hostel are too expensive, but we guess that's everywhere in zambia ...We appreciated the free shuttle service to travel to the Falls and the ZIM/ZAM border.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

I was given a room without a mosquito net and the cracks in the door were so large the mosquitos attacked me and I had to find staff in the evening to get a net for me. The room was so hot I could not sleep in it and there was not fan. One time I went to the desk for service and the attendant was to busy watching TVto wait on me. The bathroom was dirty with pee on the toilet seat. The location is not good and only stayed one night. I would not recommend Jollyboys Camp

• 2nd Nov 2014

My second stay at Jollyboys Camp and again it was a great place to stay. Some minor maintenance that need be done, but in general it is a great place to stay with friendly helpful staff and a lovely tranquil environment.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • South Africa
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great location and value. Free pick up was an added bonus.

Nice place to stay at for a night or 2. I did find the "free airport transfers" a bit misleading as the only do free transfers FROM the airport and not to the airport. Other than that the stay was nice. Close to shops and staff were quick at organizing activities.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

I arrived and was welcomed by the girl on the desk a nice warm welcome and she knew who I was this was because I was one of very few guests. The staff overall were quite unfriendly with a reluctance to return your change when you paid for something. I would estimate that my room a four bed dorm was not cleaned since the last time someone stayed in it luckily I had my one bedding to sleep in.

• 20th Sep 2014

There staff didn't help me. They were supposed to book some activities for me, but the very day I was suppose to enjoy them they told me it was provisional and I missed them. So I decided to book the activities myself. In general, the staff is not helpful at all, even though they're polite. The showers were not clean, the mosquito nets in the room as well as in the showers were broken and so on. It's cheap, but that's the only positive aspect.

The location was a bit far from town and it is unsafe to walk that path after dark. The staff was very helpful and we often took taxi rides into town instead. We very much enjoyed our vacation although I would recommend staying at Jolly Boys Backpackers instead since it is conveniently located in town and has a brighter atmosphere.

We stayed in Villa 5 which was backed onto a noisy neighbour. Their dogs would bark frequently, rooster started crowing at 430am and loud music played during the night and day. Didn't sleep terribly well and nothing that the hostel could do. A little surprised the camp were reluctant to let us change rooms when we asked. Food was great value and very nice. Villa was comfortable and very clean. Toilets and bathroom clean (unless someone had soiled previous night).

• 8th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Except for the shoddy Pool Table and the quite expensive Wi-Fi, everything was.. Jolly good. WE very much enjoyed our stay at the camp, and the staff was helpful enough to suit all our needs and we were satisfied with the decent hospitality. a PS on that internet connection, you might want to look into the security of that system, We used it for a full week without paying even once.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Sadly the camp had been overbooked, the green space outside our lodge rooms was covered in tents. This meant there was nowhere to sit and relax during the day, the breakfast service was appalling due to sheer volume of people and not enough staff to cope. They ran out of breakfast items, the food arrived cold after almost an hour waiting and it took over 30 minutes just to get a cup of tea!!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Comfortable, staff helpful. Could have wished for slightly more reliable WiFi, but recognize that is not always possible in Africa.

• 30th Jul 2014

Very nice place with a big lawn, swimmingpool, bar and activities desk. Stayed in a double room that was basic but clean. Every night there is a camp fire where you can chill out and meet people. Can get a bit crowded when there's big groups of campers staying. The self catering kitchen could be better. Only two hot plates and the pots were a bit dented. The restaurant closes at 4 pm so they don't serve dinner. We stayed for almost a week and defenetly recomend it.

We enjoyed our stay at Jolly Boys very much. It was perfect for us. It was clean and the staff was more than willing to help with our stay in Livingstone. They had great suggestions for us to do while we were there that fit our budget and likes. There was a group of us and one of the doors of the rooms was missing the padlock. The food was excellent...it just took some time to get it. However, the atmosphere was warm and relaxing. We hope to stay at Jolly Boys again in the future. Thanks

Accomodating and friendly staff.

• 21st Jul 2014

Most everything was fine - room was clean and property well cared for. We had expected to find a restaurant on site serving meals but it was not open for dinner, so website and info in rooms needs to be updated. Self catering equipment was very limited - toaster did not work, only one double hot plate - not sufficient given the number of people that were staying there and that dinner was not available. Front desk staff were not very knowledgeable about tour options.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great value for the price.

• 7th Jul 2014

Tiza, Jonas and Moyo are assets to the company! Great work guys. But perhaps the wifi at the camp should be up soon! Really worth every penny!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Namibia

Loved the setup, it was super cosy and comfortable. Definitely recommend this one!

• 5th Jul 2014