Jollyboys Camp Reviews

80(S) Chipembi Road, Livingstone, Livingstone, Zambia

We enjoyed our stay at Jolly Boys very much. It was perfect for us. It was clean and the staff was more than willing to help with our stay in Livingstone. They had great suggestions for us to do while we were there that fit our budget and likes. There was a group of us and one of the doors of the rooms was missing the padlock. The food was excellent...it just took some time to get it. However, the atmosphere was warm and relaxing. We hope to stay at Jolly Boys again in the future. Thanks

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Zambia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Accomodating and friendly staff.

• 21st Jul 2014

Most everything was fine - room was clean and property well cared for. We had expected to find a restaurant on site serving meals but it was not open for dinner, so website and info in rooms needs to be updated. Self catering equipment was very limited - toaster did not work, only one double hot plate - not sufficient given the number of people that were staying there and that dinner was not available. Front desk staff were not very knowledgeable about tour options.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great value for the price.

• 7th Jul 2014

Tiza, Jonas and Moyo are assets to the company! Great work guys. But perhaps the wifi at the camp should be up soon! Really worth every penny!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Namibia

Loved the setup, it was super cosy and comfortable. Definitely recommend this one!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • India

Loved my stay. The staff were superb, especially Penyaz, Tizza, and Moyo! Loved sitting by the campfire each night. Breakfast was great, I tried eggs one day, and yogurt parfait another. Just keep in mind they don't serve dinner. It's a quieter version of The Jollyboys Backpackers, which I preferred.

• 29th Jun 2014

The kitchen was poorly stocked eg no kettle to boil water, very few saucepans etc and people weren't cleaning up after themselves so the kitchen was full of dirty dishes when we went to have breakfast in the morning. The receptionist really didn't have much information to assist us in planning activities and there was no wifi - just a computer that everyone had to use, when available. However, when is visited Jollyboys Backpackers, they did have wifi, so we couldn't have it at the camp.

• 24th Jun 2014

I like staying at the camp of Jollyboys with my visitors. this place is very quiet and resonable price...

• 16th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The best thing at Jollyboys is the big snugly lounche at the reception area, where you can easily get into contact with other backpackers.

• 11th May 2014

I had really a bad experience at this hostel that of course has nothing to do with location and atmosfhere. we were contaminated with bedbugs there. i had never heard of it before ,so i got bittten on the first day but ,only figured what was happening to me ,when a person I met there,mentioned that his room had been fumegated because there was another girl in the room that had the same bites in her bed and they had to leave the hostel for one night . It turned the rest of my trip into a nghtmare

• 10th Apr 2014

Stafff were friendly, efficient and helpful. My room was comfortable and pleasant. The grounds were peaceful and lovely. The kitchen could have done with more cooking rings that worked but was generally fine. The only thing I would mention that wasn't great were the showers - not a lot of water came out of them and, if more than one person was having a shower, you only got a couple of drops! I had a great stay there, many thanks.

Thank you for taking some time to give us your feed back! It was lovely to host you! Sorry for not having enough water in the showers, we are working on improving the pressure of water and cleaning the calcium from the shower heads. Thank you Jollyboys crew

It was sad that the WiFi didn't work... otherwise everything was ok.

Nice and peaceful, a couple of things though, satellite not working, showers in mens not working properly, power failure and no back up generator, internet not working.

After some confusing directions to get to the camp the staff was not fully aware of our reservations as I had emailed and wanted to stay at the same place for all 4 nights. We booked three then realized we needed a 4th nightand I added it on. They assured us we would be at the camp all 4 nights only the next day to tell us we should be at the backpackers. One girl even told me I did not have a reservation. After pulling up my confirmation on my phone they moved us to the backpackers.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Our groups always love visiting Jollyboys. Mellow atmosphere and great folks around. Plus it is an easy walk to town but removed from the busy town feel.

• 30th Nov 2013

The camp was fairly friendly but somehow not warm and comfortable. Room with en suite was pretty basic.

Jolly Boys Campsite was comfortable and clean, easy walk to stores and restaurants, a pleasant environment for meeting fellow travelers, staff were helpful and professional, I'd higtly recommend!

• 9th Oct 2013

The atmosphere was excellent. The stuff just needs to clean the pool a bit more and change the water every to 4 days.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Serbia

The nearness to the town is a plus. The kitchen facilities are average.. more can be done for protection from dust, and insects. The furniture needs replacing in the lounging areas.. Food wasn't bad.. The beef was tough. Staff very friendly.. Pool was good to have.. Had chlorine but done in a more efficient way. We had booked transport to the airport upon leaving on the 1st of October and the receptionist at the moment said she didn't know that but we had booked and paid for it already. communic

• 13th Sep 2013