Jollyboys Camp Reviews

80(S) Chipembi Road, Livingstone, Livingstone, Zambia

Stafff were friendly, efficient and helpful. My room was comfortable and pleasant. The grounds were peaceful and lovely. The kitchen could have done with more cooking rings that worked but was generally fine. The only thing I would mention that wasn't great were the showers - not a lot of water came out of them and, if more than one person was having a shower, you only got a couple of drops! I had a great stay there, many thanks.

Thank you for taking some time to give us your feed back! It was lovely to host you! Sorry for not having enough water in the showers, we are working on improving the pressure of water and cleaning the calcium from the shower heads. Thank you Jollyboys crew

It was sad that the WiFi didn't work... otherwise everything was ok.

Nice and peaceful, a couple of things though, satellite not working, showers in mens not working properly, power failure and no back up generator, internet not working.

After some confusing directions to get to the camp the staff was not fully aware of our reservations as I had emailed and wanted to stay at the same place for all 4 nights. We booked three then realized we needed a 4th nightand I added it on. They assured us we would be at the camp all 4 nights only the next day to tell us we should be at the backpackers. One girl even told me I did not have a reservation. After pulling up my confirmation on my phone they moved us to the backpackers.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Our groups always love visiting Jollyboys. Mellow atmosphere and great folks around. Plus it is an easy walk to town but removed from the busy town feel.

• 30th Nov 2013

The camp was fairly friendly but somehow not warm and comfortable. Room with en suite was pretty basic.

Jolly Boys Campsite was comfortable and clean, easy walk to stores and restaurants, a pleasant environment for meeting fellow travelers, staff were helpful and professional, I'd higtly recommend!

• 9th Oct 2013

The atmosphere was excellent. The stuff just needs to clean the pool a bit more and change the water every to 4 days.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Serbia

The nearness to the town is a plus. The kitchen facilities are average.. more can be done for protection from dust, and insects. The furniture needs replacing in the lounging areas.. Food wasn't bad.. The beef was tough. Staff very friendly.. Pool was good to have.. Had chlorine but done in a more efficient way. We had booked transport to the airport upon leaving on the 1st of October and the receptionist at the moment said she didn't know that but we had booked and paid for it already. communic

• 13th Sep 2013

My 11 year old daughter and I had a room (ensuite) and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The staff was great, and very VERY helpful in answering all of our questions. And believe me when I tell you we had a LOT of questions. They helped set up our tours, arrange transportation, etc. We enjoyed sitting on the couches and writing in our journals about the adventures of the day. We'd rather have a cheaper room and do more activities than spend all of our $ on a bed! We'd DEFINITELY stay again!!

• 7th Sep 2013

Its a very nice place, you can really notice that manager knows about travellers needs!! You can find all what you need in there and the stuff its very nice also! Its Highly recommended!!!

great staff , nice swimming pool and kitchen but shared toilets could be more clean , they could fix the door locks and one of the nights there was lot of noise, people talking too loud out of the dorm room

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Spain
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is cheap and good quality, dinner is also reasonable too. Free drinking water is a bonus as is the self-cook kitchen/fridge/freezer (although dirty pots and dishes tend to remain there). Rooms are decent, mosquito nets, hot showers. Wifi is paid for and only in common areas, Location isn't the best - located a 15min walk from shops/restaurants which they don't recommend at night, or a taxi for K20 (sometimes taxis will try charge you up to K30).

We spent the best time possible at Jollyboys camp. The camp is a wonderful place to relax, book a variety of tours and only a short distance away from the town center. The staff is very friendly and always there to help you with everything. I can only recommend the Jollyboys camp to everybody- it is definitely one of the coolest places I have ever been :)

The hot water did not work. Even after reporting the problem, the second night, the water still wasn't even warm. The food was very good. By the end of the evening, the bathroom was also getting rather dirty. It should be cleaned more than just one time in the morning for the number of people using it.

• 3rd Aug 2013

My son and I enjoyed our stay at JB camp. It was fairly quiet, our room was just fine. For the price, very good value for money. The whole place did however have a tired look to it, in need of a bit of a refurbishment although tto a degree this added to its charm. The total winner though was how polite, cheerful and helpful the staff were. They were all terrific and made our stay all the more better. \please pass on my commen dation to them all.

• 1st Aug 2013

The location was great for walking to shopping areas or downtown to visit sites. The staff was great helpful when planning excursion and transport to more distinct activities. The kitchen area for guests to use was well stocked with dishes, pans and utensils so we could cook for ourselves. There were hotplates and a refrigerator for us to use. If you bring a padlock with you, there are bins to store your non-perishable items securely. The property was always clean and inviting. Nice pool too.

• 30th Jul 2013

Shared toilets dirty and unhygienic. My ten year old son picked up a very nasty tummy upset. Very noisy site, both at night and early morning - and we stayed in the supposedly child friendly camp rather than the backpackers.

• 30th Jul 2013

Even in an unscheduled p[ower cut for a whole day, staff set up BBqs so everyone could still cook with candles etc, staff used the pool table, giving a nice mixed race feel. shared dorm, other hostels, leave the key at reception, eg Fawlty Towers. Thanks JB hostel was full on my return, good location, looks great, helpfully sent me to Fawlty Towers, good. Una Duffy

• 5th Jul 2013

It was nice and quiet. The staff was friendly but quite slow, it seemed like the Jollyboys camp is the training site for Jollyboys Backpackers.

• 30th Jun 2013