Jollyboys Camp Reviews

80(S) Chipembi Road, Livingstone, Livingstone, Zambia

Except for the shoddy Pool Table and the quite expensive Wi-Fi, everything was.. Jolly good. WE very much enjoyed our stay at the camp, and the staff was helpful enough to suit all our needs and we were satisfied with the decent hospitality. a PS on that internet connection, you might want to look into the security of that system, We used it for a full week without paying even once.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Sadly the camp had been overbooked, the green space outside our lodge rooms was covered in tents. This meant there was nowhere to sit and relax during the day, the breakfast service was appalling due to sheer volume of people and not enough staff to cope. They ran out of breakfast items, the food arrived cold after almost an hour waiting and it took over 30 minutes just to get a cup of tea!!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Comfortable, staff helpful. Could have wished for slightly more reliable WiFi, but recognize that is not always possible in Africa.

• 30th Jul 2014

Very nice place with a big lawn, swimmingpool, bar and activities desk. Stayed in a double room that was basic but clean. Every night there is a camp fire where you can chill out and meet people. Can get a bit crowded when there's big groups of campers staying. The self catering kitchen could be better. Only two hot plates and the pots were a bit dented. The restaurant closes at 4 pm so they don't serve dinner. We stayed for almost a week and defenetly recomend it.

We enjoyed our stay at Jolly Boys very much. It was perfect for us. It was clean and the staff was more than willing to help with our stay in Livingstone. They had great suggestions for us to do while we were there that fit our budget and likes. There was a group of us and one of the doors of the rooms was missing the padlock. The food was excellent...it just took some time to get it. However, the atmosphere was warm and relaxing. We hope to stay at Jolly Boys again in the future. Thanks

Accomodating and friendly staff.

• 21st Jul 2014

Most everything was fine - room was clean and property well cared for. We had expected to find a restaurant on site serving meals but it was not open for dinner, so website and info in rooms needs to be updated. Self catering equipment was very limited - toaster did not work, only one double hot plate - not sufficient given the number of people that were staying there and that dinner was not available. Front desk staff were not very knowledgeable about tour options.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great value for the price.

• 7th Jul 2014

Tiza, Jonas and Moyo are assets to the company! Great work guys. But perhaps the wifi at the camp should be up soon! Really worth every penny!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Namibia

Loved the setup, it was super cosy and comfortable. Definitely recommend this one!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • India

Jollyboys camp was great! Loved the big kitchen and clean facilities! The staff and taxis overcharged. Make sure you ask locals how much to charge for taxi rides - the staff at jolleyboys overpriced the rides. Other than that I would definitely recommend jolley boys!

Loved my stay. The staff were superb, especially Penyaz, Tizza, and Moyo! Loved sitting by the campfire each night. Breakfast was great, I tried eggs one day, and yogurt parfait another. Just keep in mind they don't serve dinner. It's a quieter version of The Jollyboys Backpackers, which I preferred.

• 29th Jun 2014

The kitchen was poorly stocked eg no kettle to boil water, very few saucepans etc and people weren't cleaning up after themselves so the kitchen was full of dirty dishes when we went to have breakfast in the morning. The receptionist really didn't have much information to assist us in planning activities and there was no wifi - just a computer that everyone had to use, when available. However, when is visited Jollyboys Backpackers, they did have wifi, so we couldn't have it at the camp.

• 24th Jun 2014

I like staying at the camp of Jollyboys with my visitors. this place is very quiet and resonable price...

• 16th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The best thing at Jollyboys is the big snugly lounche at the reception area, where you can easily get into contact with other backpackers.

• 11th May 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us! We hope to host you in future!

I had really a bad experience at this hostel that of course has nothing to do with location and atmosfhere. we were contaminated with bedbugs there. i had never heard of it before ,so i got bittten on the first day but ,only figured what was happening to me ,when a person I met there,mentioned that his room had been fumegated because there was another girl in the room that had the same bites in her bed and they had to leave the hostel for one night . It turned the rest of my trip into a nghtmare

• 10th Apr 2014

Stafff were friendly, efficient and helpful. My room was comfortable and pleasant. The grounds were peaceful and lovely. The kitchen could have done with more cooking rings that worked but was generally fine. The only thing I would mention that wasn't great were the showers - not a lot of water came out of them and, if more than one person was having a shower, you only got a couple of drops! I had a great stay there, many thanks.

Thank you for taking some time to give us your feed back! It was lovely to host you! Sorry for not having enough water in the showers, we are working on improving the pressure of water and cleaning the calcium from the shower heads. Thank you Jollyboys crew

It was sad that the WiFi didn't work... otherwise everything was ok.

Nice and peaceful, a couple of things though, satellite not working, showers in mens not working properly, power failure and no back up generator, internet not working.

After some confusing directions to get to the camp the staff was not fully aware of our reservations as I had emailed and wanted to stay at the same place for all 4 nights. We booked three then realized we needed a 4th nightand I added it on. They assured us we would be at the camp all 4 nights only the next day to tell us we should be at the backpackers. One girl even told me I did not have a reservation. After pulling up my confirmation on my phone they moved us to the backpackers.

• 13th Dec 2013