Jordan Tower Hostel Reviews

Hashimi Street, Amman, Amman, Jordan

The stuff was so helpful from the moment I arrived to the airport, the room was clean the water was hot and the breakfast was exactly as they said it would be. Definitely would stay here again if I come back to Jordan .

• 6th Feb 2016

The staff did everything in their power to make your trip to Jordan as enjoyable as possible organising tours with fellow guests and providing tips about the local area. Wifi downstairs worked well enough and the rooms were kept clean

• 4th Feb 2016

Very warm and greeting staff, adapting to each situation. (The breakfast is however a bit tiny for hungry stomaches)

The best thing about this hostel is the staff. Jihad, Omar and Mary are all working really hard to make every guest feel welcomed and they take the extra effort in order to solve every little problem or challenge a guest faces. Also, the breakfast is really nice:) Thank you all for the great stay at the Jordan Tower Hostel, we appreciated it.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Slovenia

Super helpful staff and nice central location with basic but more-than-sufficient facilities. The breakfast was huge and delicious! The hostel has a range of tours which are generally cheaper than competitors.

The staff are what make this hostel amazing!! We had no problems arranging our Dead Sea tour to drop us off at the border so that we could save travelling time. And, when a few days later we didn't have the right visa to cross at the south border (different visa!!), we received prompt and very helpful advice by email on how to re-enter Jordan to get to Petra, making our trip a success. Location is amazing (near the citadel and amphitheater), and the breakfast was tasty. Thanks very much!!

Great stay at the Tower. Location was the best. Staff was very helpful, just had to ask. Best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel.

Great location, right between the Roman Theatre and the Citadel, with Rainbow St and the museum also in walking distance. Huge and tasty breakfast is included. Staff always available if you have any questions. They run tours outside Amman and they'll try to combine people together to share the cost.

If there is one thing that sets Jordan Tower Hostel apart from its peers, it's communication. I was going on a weekend break planned at the eleventh hour and had to set up my itinerary down to the last detail with less than a day in hand. Needless to say, the Hostel rose to the challenge magnificently. Haz was super fast with her responses and arranged for everything from an airport pickup to the next morning 4 am shared trip to Petra in next to no time. Super service indeed!

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • India

Hands down best breakfast in the Middle East. The staff were very helpful as well. Showers could have been warmer on some days, but overall great experience!

Had an awesome stay, the owner Jihad was extremely helpful!! Would definitely stay again

The toilet in my room didn't have water in the tank. The bed wasn't changed. The TV didn't work. The staff was obliging & I got a wake up knock at my door at 3:30 a.m. as requested. The coffee shop on the first level of the hostel was run by a young man who added his meal to my bill. Of course I didn't pay it & am not sure if this is part of the hostel.

• 12th Nov 2015

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I have warned the staff to take greater care when guests check in. Although small points - collectively its unacceptable. Regarding the coffee shop - this must be a misunderstanding as the guy doesn't speak english - all our staff EAT/DRINK FREE - so no need to add anything to a guests bill. In any case we apologize if that's the perception you gained. It would have been better to raise it with me at the time to avoid hard feelings

Amazing staff, great breakfast. All around pleasant stay would go back!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Front desk staff were very helpful in arranging shared taxi to Petra, steaming hot showers, key location. Also the manager went out of his way to explain directions and how to find things. I stayed here twice, once in a private and once in a dorm, both were great. Value for money this is the place you want. Sean Colorado

Hotel is too good. Location is also amazing. Only problem was that AC was not working in our room. Please check it out.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding our hotel and your generous recommendations. I do wish you would have mentioned the A/c to the reception guy - he would have sorted it out for you. Unfortunately, many people are not used to a/c and fiddle with the remote - changing the settings and interfering with the auto on off etc ... its a simple matter for us to go and re-program the remote - a bit like the TV or satellite remote....

We stayed at this hostel for a day in Sep, 2015. Little cosy place right in the middle of downtown Amman. All the cafes are in walking distance. The roman theatre is just across the road. The market around is quite lively during the night. Prepare for some noise as the locals play music for the whole night. The lobby area is a good area to socialize. They have a good collection of books and games. Wifi works well. Best part is the breakfast. If you are ok with shared bathrooms, go for it. Worth.

We really appreciate you posting your comments regarding our hotel.. It really helps people decide on where to stay. As we make clear to all guests in our website and other publications.. our hotel is smack in the centre of an Arab City - and as such are very lively and vibrant. For some guests arriving from countryside locations where you can hear a pin drop - it may be an annoying irritation - for others they enjoy the contrast with their homeland and throw themselves in wholeheartedly.

A genuine hostel in a foreign place. My one night stay there was very good -= was picked up at the airport punctually and efficiently making the midnight transition a breeze. Good breakfast and friendly atmosphere with hostelers. I would certainly stay there again.

• 15th Sep 2015

Nice friendly atmosphere; reasonable bedrooms, very small bathrooms, extremely helpful and pleasant staff. Also, a good breakfast. I had, on two occasions, a room with private bathroom - ie not shared with others - and it would have been nice to have had a light I could have turned off by the bed rather than a switch on the wall some way away from the bed.

The hostel was pretty basic, but the location was in the central area of town, so that was nice. I was traveling alone and hoping to meet some fellow travelers, but the vibe among fellow guests wasn't super friendly. I'm sure that depends on time of year and who happens to be staying there.

An excellent hostel which is a a testament to the hard working staff. Thank you for answering my many many questions and helping me plan my trip as well as making calls for me. Travelling in Jordan solo is very expensive so it's great the hostel helps people join groups for trips this dramatically reducing the price and including transport costs. I highly recommend you be flexible in your plans and take advantage of thier trios. Very easy to meet travellers and good included breakfast.

It was a pleasure to host you and we thank you for appreciating all the efforts staff make for their guests. Thank you for the generous and glowing recommendation, we all really appreciate that.