Jordan Tower Hostel Reviews

Hashmiyeh Street, Amman, Amman, Jordan

Jordan Tower is a wonderful place to stay for budget travelers- after having stayed with them three times I can say it's clean, convenient, and the staff are very friendly. Fantastic day or overnight trips are easy to book through the hotel, and we had a great vacation without too much prior planning! Highly recommended to all.

• 17th Jun 2015

No keys nor lockers in the dorm room but the hostel is right in the city centre close to the main sites of Amman.

I stayed in a dorm room - the dorms are very basic and the bathrooms are kind of gross. But honestly anything is worth it for the price, which was extremely cheap. Also, I left a lot of stuff in my (unlocked) dorm room while I was out and nothing was ever disturbed. It was also pretty great that they provided breakfast for free.

• 5th Jun 2015

I emailed the owner to inquire about the charges for an airport pick-up. Then, upon arriving at the hotel, the owner charged me more because it was a pick-up during the nighttime. These were all details he knew from previously and I felt it was really dishonest. The room was ok. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The washrooms had the showers located directly over the toilet and a poorly functioning dranining system which left the floors with an inch of water all day.

Thanks for posting your comments regarding your stay. I have looked into the pick up charge. You advised arrival at 11.55pm and was given the day rate. You actually arrived 40 minutes later as your flight was late and emerged after 1am. In this case the driver had additional charges for parking - and it fell into the night rate. Had you asked the reception manager he would have explained. But I guess to most people it would be clear. No one is dishonest and its unfair to imply that.

Breakfast is yummy but portion size could be greater. Atmosphere needs a little work as the communal seating area isn't spacious... perhaps daily events such as BBQ or the like will help. Staff smoking in the stairwell is not ideal. Overall stay was good as staff were very humble and helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Just to say that there isnt a limit to the food and our breakfast is the biggest around. Choice of 3 plated meals ie veggie omellete, sausage, egg beans etc fry up and arabic breakfast with veg and cheese, eggs, roast turkey etc. This all comes with various bread, madeira cake, olives, cream cheese, humous and as much tea/coffee as you like. Regarding smoking - sadly there are many smokers so we must find a place for them which is on the stairs.

Wonderful nice and helping staff! #love Really nice though simple breakfast included. VERY close to the Roman Theatre in Downtown Amman. I lived in a dorm = Perfect for backpackers and lonely travellers. Lots os sounds from the street, so bring earplugs! (its the same in the whole Downtown area) Overall = GREAT!

• 28th May 2015
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed staying here. The entire staff were incredibly friendly and polite, all the way from the 1:30 a.m. airport pick-up to the time I checked out. The breakfasts are lovely and the living room space is cosy and welcoming to any weary traveler. The tours make it incredibly easy to see Jordan. The rooms and bathrooms were basic but very clean. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely great! stayed in a female dorm, very cozy, the bed was really cozy, and the room and bathroom were really clean too. building might look a bit old, but everything is so cleant! he staff, the guy at the reception, he looked not smile a lot when i saw him first, but he was very kind very helpful and very reliable. i was the single-female traveler in jordan, totally safe with him. breakfast is amazing, and the daily tour is really good and helpful, the tourguied was really kind! miss it!

• 19th May 2015
  • South Korea

Jordan Tower was awesome! We were originally going to just stay for 2 nights, but the staff is so great and the tours they offer are so cool that we ended up here for 4, left for Petra, then came back and did another 4! Jordan is a little expensive on its own and the hostel does a great job building out tours and pulling people together to keep the costs down. The location in Amman is central to all the things you'd want to do in the city. Would definitely stay again!

Overall well done. Very clean. Staff is helpful and attentive, very good for helping you get around Jordan. Not much of an atmosphere, but there were very few guests when I visited. Great breakfast as well - would recommend.

Excellent breakfast and service. Manager is very good at organising tours, catering for individual requests as well. Only negative comment is bathroom floor does not drain, and floor doesn't dry out after shower, so get wet feet when go to toilet.

Very nice staff, location was good to putter around Amman, and there are plenty of opportunities for you to see the rest of Jordan either with the hostel trips or other companies. Breakfast was fine, nothing really wrong with the facilities, though the shower/toilet combo is a little different for me.

What amaziing people! Their driver waited for me for hours because I could not pay for my visa. Then he went to get money for me so he could hand it to me. Lucky for me I decided to stay at this service oriented hostel. Of course I paid it all back but if all Jordanians are this hospitable, I want to live there.

• 15th Apr 2015

Probably one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. Hugely love the breakfast they served. Will be back.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, and I met some amazing people. There appeared to be only one shared bathroom for my 8-bed dorm and possibly other dorms. It wasn't a problem for me, but it could have been if it was busier. The common room is cozy and promotes socialising. I'd definitely recommend a stay here, if only for the atmosphere and amazing staff!

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay - so glad you enjoyed it. I just want to point out that there are 4 other shared bathrooms on the floor above - so guests can always use those. Maybe we should point that out on check in. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will also place a sign next to that bathroom advising guests.

Great location, stayed for 4 nights, really helpful staff that make you feel welcome and safe, really helpful when organising trips and the drivers care about the tourists Khaled was an amazing driver can't rate him enough, would recommend highly

Great hostel and thank you Gale for a lovely stay, and for organizing my airport transfer to Amman. Breakfast was excellent and hot shower is magic with the warmest hot water it is super!

Jordan Tower was a great place to be based in Amman. The man behind the desk, Gehad was extremely helpful, knowledgable and the tours (e.g. desert castles) he arranged used really informative and interesting guides - thought the day was well worth the money. The breakfast was substantial, a great choice and the staff attentive. The rooms were clean and warm and bathrooms also. Only downside is quite a bit of street noise but nothing ear plugs can't fix!! Perfect spot to enjoy downtown from!

Pros: Location; best breakfast of my entire trip; reliable wifi; no-frills check-in when we arrived in the middle of the night. Cons: no bath curtains in the shower