Jordan Tower Hostel Reviews

Hashmiyeh Street, Amman, Amman, Jordan

Absolutely great! stayed in a female dorm, very cozy, the bed was really cozy, and the room and bathroom were really clean too. building might look a bit old, but everything is so cleant! he staff, the guy at the reception, he looked not smile a lot when i saw him first, but he was very kind very helpful and very reliable. i was the single-female traveler in jordan, totally safe with him. breakfast is amazing, and the daily tour is really good and helpful, the tourguied was really kind! miss it!

• 19th May 2015
  • South Korea

Jordan Tower was awesome! We were originally going to just stay for 2 nights, but the staff is so great and the tours they offer are so cool that we ended up here for 4, left for Petra, then came back and did another 4! Jordan is a little expensive on its own and the hostel does a great job building out tours and pulling people together to keep the costs down. The location in Amman is central to all the things you'd want to do in the city. Would definitely stay again!

Overall well done. Very clean. Staff is helpful and attentive, very good for helping you get around Jordan. Not much of an atmosphere, but there were very few guests when I visited. Great breakfast as well - would recommend.

Very nice staff, location was good to putter around Amman, and there are plenty of opportunities for you to see the rest of Jordan either with the hostel trips or other companies. Breakfast was fine, nothing really wrong with the facilities, though the shower/toilet combo is a little different for me.

What amaziing people! Their driver waited for me for hours because I could not pay for my visa. Then he went to get money for me so he could hand it to me. Lucky for me I decided to stay at this service oriented hostel. Of course I paid it all back but if all Jordanians are this hospitable, I want to live there.

• 15th Apr 2015

Probably one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. Hugely love the breakfast they served. Will be back.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, and I met some amazing people. There appeared to be only one shared bathroom for my 8-bed dorm and possibly other dorms. It wasn't a problem for me, but it could have been if it was busier. The common room is cozy and promotes socialising. I'd definitely recommend a stay here, if only for the atmosphere and amazing staff!

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay - so glad you enjoyed it. I just want to point out that there are 4 other shared bathrooms on the floor above - so guests can always use those. Maybe we should point that out on check in. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will also place a sign next to that bathroom advising guests.

Great location, stayed for 4 nights, really helpful staff that make you feel welcome and safe, really helpful when organising trips and the drivers care about the tourists Khaled was an amazing driver can't rate him enough, would recommend highly

Great hostel and thank you Gale for a lovely stay, and for organizing my airport transfer to Amman. Breakfast was excellent and hot shower is magic with the warmest hot water it is super!

Jordan Tower was a great place to be based in Amman. The man behind the desk, Gehad was extremely helpful, knowledgable and the tours (e.g. desert castles) he arranged used really informative and interesting guides - thought the day was well worth the money. The breakfast was substantial, a great choice and the staff attentive. The rooms were clean and warm and bathrooms also. Only downside is quite a bit of street noise but nothing ear plugs can't fix!! Perfect spot to enjoy downtown from!

Pros: Location; best breakfast of my entire trip; reliable wifi; no-frills check-in when we arrived in the middle of the night. Cons: no bath curtains in the shower

Well located in the heart of downtown Amman. Room was tidy, clean and with a TV and hot shower. Manager seems to be overstrained, but I can feel with him (worked everyday from 6 a.m. till midnight). Perhaps the owner (were never in the hotel) should think about that. Good: Shared Trips they organized, breakfast included, common area, heater/aircon, roof terrace Bad: They forgot our airport transfer in the first place when we arrived :-(

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks also for your Human Resources input regarding your observations of staffing.. Let me clarify - no one works everyday from 6 til midnight - You arrived in the holiday period and a time when we had bad weather and some staff couldn't get to work - therefore you saw the same individual more than usual for that reason. Thanks for your genuine concern. Hope you had an otherwise enjoyable time. I am the owner and am present each and every day

We stayed at this hotel for several nights and really liked it. The location is great, it's very easy to reach the Citadel hill, the Roman theater and the Amman hill (Rainbow street). There's lots of little shops and restaurants in the area, as well as a small groceries market. The guy at the reception (Jehad) is very kind and helpful. The breakfasts are very tasty. Moreover, the hotel organises shared day trips to places such as Jerash or the Dead Sea.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Its always great to hear our guests had a good time and recommend our place to others. Our shared trips are one of the selling points of our hotel - especially for solo travelers as it saves them money and they meet lots of nice people.. Thanks for explaining everything.

Pros-great location, nice breakfast, convenient and affordable trips. Cons-you have to pay extra for a security locker, the showers in the bathrooms don't have a door or curtain so everything gets wet and messy quickly, we ran out of toilet paper often, and the insulation is not good so the rooms are a bit cold even with the heater on. Still, I enjoyed my stay here and would come back!

Very helpful staff with a lot of knowledge over the town, the boarder crossing to Jordan. a must for the budget traveler on a perfect location.

Nice place with good daytrips, we did 3 differents and thay was good. We like the brakefast, it was worm water in the shower and the internet was ok. But dont by the water, the hostel take 50% more then the street. It is a place we rekomend :)

Great location! Only a few minutes to the Roman theater. The breakfast was very good. The staff was helpful.

My room was so humidity that all my clothes were wet and with a bad smell. A lot of mould in the walls. But, worst of all, is that someone stole 100 dollars from my backpack (in a private dorm), that I only realized when i was in another country. I would avoid this place.