Jordan Tower Hostel Reviews

Hashmiyeh Street, Amman, Amman, Jordan

Well located in the heart of downtown Amman. Room was tidy, clean and with a TV and hot shower. Manager seems to be overstrained, but I can feel with him (worked everyday from 6 a.m. till midnight). Perhaps the owner (were never in the hotel) should think about that. Good: Shared Trips they organized, breakfast included, common area, heater/aircon, roof terrace Bad: They forgot our airport transfer in the first place when we arrived :-(

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks also for your Human Resources input regarding your observations of staffing.. Let me clarify - no one works everyday from 6 til midnight - You arrived in the holiday period and a time when we had bad weather and some staff couldn't get to work - therefore you saw the same individual more than usual for that reason. Thanks for your genuine concern. Hope you had an otherwise enjoyable time. I am the owner and am present each and every day

We stayed at this hotel for several nights and really liked it. The location is great, it's very easy to reach the Citadel hill, the Roman theater and the Amman hill (Rainbow street). There's lots of little shops and restaurants in the area, as well as a small groceries market. The guy at the reception (Jehad) is very kind and helpful. The breakfasts are very tasty. Moreover, the hotel organises shared day trips to places such as Jerash or the Dead Sea.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Its always great to hear our guests had a good time and recommend our place to others. Our shared trips are one of the selling points of our hotel - especially for solo travelers as it saves them money and they meet lots of nice people.. Thanks for explaining everything.

Pros-great location, nice breakfast, convenient and affordable trips. Cons-you have to pay extra for a security locker, the showers in the bathrooms don't have a door or curtain so everything gets wet and messy quickly, we ran out of toilet paper often, and the insulation is not good so the rooms are a bit cold even with the heater on. Still, I enjoyed my stay here and would come back!

Very helpful staff with a lot of knowledge over the town, the boarder crossing to Jordan. a must for the budget traveler on a perfect location.

Nice place with good daytrips, we did 3 differents and thay was good. We like the brakefast, it was worm water in the shower and the internet was ok. But dont by the water, the hostel take 50% more then the street. It is a place we rekomend :)

Great location! Only a few minutes to the Roman theater. The breakfast was very good. The staff was helpful.

My room was so humidity that all my clothes were wet and with a bad smell. A lot of mould in the walls. But, worst of all, is that someone stole 100 dollars from my backpack (in a private dorm), that I only realized when i was in another country. I would avoid this place.

Really liked this place, the staff were very nice and helpful. They also promoted but didn't push their tours. It's quite a tricky country to get about and explore so the tours were quite a good option we found. Unfortunately it was a little quiet when we were there but still meet some friendly people.

Hostel was fine. You had to pay extra for a locker which is unusual in my experience. Also, the atmosphere was lacking a little bit, but that may be because of the current tensions in the Middle East are keeping tourist away.

Very helpful man behind the desk - speaks excellent English having lived in the U.S.. - a valuable asset for the hotel. Great taxi driver on one of the tours we took.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Hostel is very centrally located. Main sights in Amman are reachable by foot. Hostel offers nice tours through the whole country. Staff is very helpful and hostel is clean. Breakfast is not European style-buffet but you have 3 different meals to choose from.

The hostel is located in the very city center, just opposite the roman theatre, and therefore easy to find. In addition all the main sites in Amman are reachable by foot. The hostel offers nice tours to discover the rest of the country. Rooms are clean, breakfast is ok (no buffet but 3 dishes to choose from).

Location was right on the center and the guy at the desk was really helpful and has good suggestions on where to go. Would stay again!

Amazing location and great deal (breakfast included - and it is very good/filling). Don't hesitate pulling the trigger. Definitely worth the slightly higher price, but a great deal if you take advantage of everything they offer. You might be able to get cheaper deals on the tours they offer, but theirs are competitively priced and convenient.

I was supposed to stay for 4 nights, but in the end I stayed for 14. The staff was super friendly and aleays willing to help, the location is good so is possible to walk to the mai attractions of Amman ( Jordan Museum, Citadel, Roman Theatre). Recommend it for sure! I just think that the tours are a bit overpriced.

This hostel was more than accommodating for me. I was staying here as I searched for an apartment. The staff were endlessly helpful with their guidance. The gentleman at the front desk speaks very good English and was eager to help translate my rent agreement and help with organizing my time here. Additionally, their prices for trips around the area are competitive. The facilities and my room were cleaned everyday. I would recommend this to any traveller passing through Jordan.

No free lockers -- you have to pay 1JD per day for them, and the keys are extremely fiddly. I hate when places don't just let you use your own lock! They also have a weird key situation for the dorms -- there is only one key for each room but they don't make it clear that you're supposed to return it to the desk, so someone is always running off with it. Why even have a key to a dorm then? The staff is friendly and try their best, but they're not that helpful. The breakfast is great though!

Clearly we failed to impress on this occasion.... however most hostels charge for locker use . I never found the locker key fiddly but anyway.. Regarding the key for the room. Most people know the drill, leave the key at reception before going out! most hotels request guests follow this rule, its expensive if you lose the key and you would have to pay for that. Plus the key is so you can lock from inside :) Regarding staff not helpful.?? we have the most helpful staff ever.. strange ..