Jordan Tower Hostel Reviews

Hashmiyeh Street, Amman, Amman, Jordan

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, and I met some amazing people. There appeared to be only one shared bathroom for my 8-bed dorm and possibly other dorms. It wasn't a problem for me, but it could have been if it was busier. The common room is cozy and promotes socialising. I'd definitely recommend a stay here, if only for the atmosphere and amazing staff!

Great location, stayed for 4 nights, really helpful staff that make you feel welcome and safe, really helpful when organising trips and the drivers care about the tourists Khaled was an amazing driver can't rate him enough, would recommend highly

Great hostel and thank you Gale for a lovely stay, and for organizing my airport transfer to Amman. Breakfast was excellent and hot shower is magic with the warmest hot water it is super!

Jordan Tower was a great place to be based in Amman. The man behind the desk, Gehad was extremely helpful, knowledgable and the tours (e.g. desert castles) he arranged used really informative and interesting guides - thought the day was well worth the money. The breakfast was substantial, a great choice and the staff attentive. The rooms were clean and warm and bathrooms also. Only downside is quite a bit of street noise but nothing ear plugs can't fix!! Perfect spot to enjoy downtown from!

Pros: Location; best breakfast of my entire trip; reliable wifi; no-frills check-in when we arrived in the middle of the night. Cons: no bath curtains in the shower

Well located in the heart of downtown Amman. Room was tidy, clean and with a TV and hot shower. Manager seems to be overstrained, but I can feel with him (worked everyday from 6 a.m. till midnight). Perhaps the owner (were never in the hotel) should think about that. Good: Shared Trips they organized, breakfast included, common area, heater/aircon, roof terrace Bad: They forgot our airport transfer in the first place when we arrived :-(

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks also for your Human Resources input regarding your observations of staffing.. Let me clarify - no one works everyday from 6 til midnight - You arrived in the holiday period and a time when we had bad weather and some staff couldn't get to work - therefore you saw the same individual more than usual for that reason. Thanks for your genuine concern. Hope you had an otherwise enjoyable time. I am the owner and am present each and every day

We stayed at this hotel for several nights and really liked it. The location is great, it's very easy to reach the Citadel hill, the Roman theater and the Amman hill (Rainbow street). There's lots of little shops and restaurants in the area, as well as a small groceries market. The guy at the reception (Jehad) is very kind and helpful. The breakfasts are very tasty. Moreover, the hotel organises shared day trips to places such as Jerash or the Dead Sea.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Its always great to hear our guests had a good time and recommend our place to others. Our shared trips are one of the selling points of our hotel - especially for solo travelers as it saves them money and they meet lots of nice people.. Thanks for explaining everything.

Pros-great location, nice breakfast, convenient and affordable trips. Cons-you have to pay extra for a security locker, the showers in the bathrooms don't have a door or curtain so everything gets wet and messy quickly, we ran out of toilet paper often, and the insulation is not good so the rooms are a bit cold even with the heater on. Still, I enjoyed my stay here and would come back!

Very helpful staff with a lot of knowledge over the town, the boarder crossing to Jordan. a must for the budget traveler on a perfect location.

Nice place with good daytrips, we did 3 differents and thay was good. We like the brakefast, it was worm water in the shower and the internet was ok. But dont by the water, the hostel take 50% more then the street. It is a place we rekomend :)

Great location! Only a few minutes to the Roman theater. The breakfast was very good. The staff was helpful.

My room was so humidity that all my clothes were wet and with a bad smell. A lot of mould in the walls. But, worst of all, is that someone stole 100 dollars from my backpack (in a private dorm), that I only realized when i was in another country. I would avoid this place.

Really liked this place, the staff were very nice and helpful. They also promoted but didn't push their tours. It's quite a tricky country to get about and explore so the tours were quite a good option we found. Unfortunately it was a little quiet when we were there but still meet some friendly people.

Hostel was fine. You had to pay extra for a locker which is unusual in my experience. Also, the atmosphere was lacking a little bit, but that may be because of the current tensions in the Middle East are keeping tourist away.

Very helpful man behind the desk - speaks excellent English having lived in the U.S.. - a valuable asset for the hotel. Great taxi driver on one of the tours we took.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Hostel is very centrally located. Main sights in Amman are reachable by foot. Hostel offers nice tours through the whole country. Staff is very helpful and hostel is clean. Breakfast is not European style-buffet but you have 3 different meals to choose from.

The hostel is located in the very city center, just opposite the roman theatre, and therefore easy to find. In addition all the main sites in Amman are reachable by foot. The hostel offers nice tours to discover the rest of the country. Rooms are clean, breakfast is ok (no buffet but 3 dishes to choose from).

Location was right on the center and the guy at the desk was really helpful and has good suggestions on where to go. Would stay again!