Jordan Tower Hostel Reviews

Hashmiyeh Street, Amman, Amman, Jordan

The staff was fantastic - very friendly and attentive. They recommended places to eat and things to do. The driver I had for the Dead Sea day trip and the Petra (King's Highway was great and we got deals everywhere since he knew everyone along the routes. There is a fruit market 5 minutes away where you can get fresh produce cheaply. The hostel is clean and calm. It was nice to just relax in the common area. Would definitely return!

Our family felt comfortable and secure at the Jordan Tower Hostel. The breakfast was very good, and the staff was nice and helpful with our travel arrangements. Thank you!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

shower was not good. but everything was so nice!! The owner and staffs was really kind!!

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Japan
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location was good as you are in the city centre. The owners were very much accomodating. Looking forward in staying there again soon..

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Good deal! They had an amazing breakfast! The staff was super helpful in connecting other travelers w/ each other to split the cost of transportation. The rooms were great. There are decently affordable tours if you want to head out of Amman. I appreciated that the tours were not generic tour buses herding a large group of people, but rather were a driver and 3 people. I usually travel alone and have never done a tour before here, but these were legit... I would stay here again when in Amman. :)

This is my second stay here. It is an excellent hostel perfectly located just 2 minutes from the Roman amphitheatre and right in the city centre. Staff are great and it is very easy to meet other travellers and arrange to share costs for trips. Price includes a superb breakfast.

Despite being rated by Hostelworld as a novice, I have stayed in well over 100 hostels and this is one of the best. Great staff, superb location 2 minutes from the amphitheatre, unbelievable breakfast included, easy to meet other travellers and team up for trips, Good organisation of shared cost day trips if you want this.

All perfect! Good breakfast, staff very friendly! Thanks

• 5th Feb 2014

Lovely staff, great local tour organisation, wonderful local restaurant recommedation.

Stayed at Jordan Tower multiple times as we traveled throughout the region. Great location. Did the day trips to Jerash and the Dead Sea through the hostel. The staff is very helpful, and did everything to make our stay enjoyable. Highly recommend!

Great location but bring Ear plugs as you are right on top of a major intersection. I hardly fell asleep because of all the noise and the prayer calls. They have a really nice main lobby area that is well decorated with wifi and flat screen tv always on a movie channel. It's a great place to meet other solo travelers. If I came agai. I would just book a dorm for us as the ensuite bathroom was tiny, had no shower hooks to hang items, and sink outside right next to the bed.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Right next to amphitheater!

Does what its day in the tin basic but clean and tidy ideal for overnight stays before heading out of the city , ideal for families and single travellers as not over run with rowdy teenagers .

We had a wonderful stay and felt like home from the first second. The staff really did their best and helped with everything, no matter what we were asking or planning. The location and breakfast are excellent.

Great place! Would highly recommend. Staff very helpful and friendly. Very easy to meet other travelers. Really really good breakfast.

The Bad: There are NO working lockers. The shower is in the same room as the toilet, which makes it inconvenient and timely. The Good: There is a basic free breakfast which is included.

Its a pity when someone didnt enjoy his stay 100%... On the day you arrived 8 WORKING LOCKERS were available, you didnt ask for a key.

Hostel is right in downtown with all the major sites near by, breakfast is one of the best I have ever had in all my hostel stays. Electricity kept on going every now and then, which was a pain as the internet kept on going off, other than that it was good, highly recommeneded, you can recover the cost in the breakfast alone

Our apologies for the electric cuts but this was a countrywide problem due to the severe weather conditions at the time and was circumstances beyond our control.. Even the most advanced countries such as US and UK had huge areas of power cuts due to weather conditions... It happens ! not convenient but can happen anywhere with adverse weather conditions. Indeed the whole world has recently experience unprecedented bad weather. Its good to know you were satisfied with everything else.

Do not come to this hostel in cold weather. No heating whatsoever. Basic facilities - ensuite room bathrooms have no window which can be opened. Cleanliness so-so. Room pretty noisy - windows are thin and a very busy main artery is nearby. If I come back to Amman I am likely to NOT stay in this hostel again. Staff was very nice and open for chatting - breakfast was quite fine.

Good: Communication, breakfast, cafe downstairs (but expensive) Poor: wifi doesn't work in room, noisy area, pokey bathrooms (but clean enough) Complaint: we took the King's Highway tour but the driver rushed us - we tried to drag it out but even then, we arrived at Petra 2 hours earlier than their itinerary stated. Highly disappointing as it's very expensive. Also, we inquired about a taxi from the airport but it was 30% more expensive than one from another hostel.

A good place to stay in Amman, hotel verry clean , no smoking place, the staff do their best to help you , good breakfast nice terrasse on the top , I Will comme back in this hotel.I Love this place in Amman.