Jorplace Delft Reviews

Voldersgracht 16-17-18, Delft, Netherlands

nice location, only hostel in tow, so really needed. very bad the common room closes at 10, which is something completely absurd. if someone has to stay up for reading, working or other, it will have to do t at best on the beds, something really impractical. more noise control should also be enforced among guests. a group of 10 girls waking up all together at 5 am for 5 days in a row can be really distressing is they even lay music

• 15th Jul 2014

We needed to postpone and extend our stay. My evaluation is set off against a previous visit, so my remark on facilities needs to be viewed from that perspective. The entourage is basic, and the main reception area where in the past a kind of homely living room area was created, is now brought back to a couple of tables/chairs. No breakfast, whilst previously a simple, but adequate breakfast bar was laid out. Staff is terrific and we needed to stay because of the renovation to our home!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The Staff was clueless and not helpful at all. They pleaded ignorance constantly About things i would assume You would need to know to be in their position. Not only that but they kept my id when i checked in. I got all the way to Amsterdam before i realized they kept it. Went back to get it and the Guy Said they dont have it. The place was filthy. No lockers. The hours of operation are a goddam Joke. The only reason i would ever stay there again would be the excellent location.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I had such a great time at Jorplace in Delft that I had to come back again on my way through the Netherlands. The bar downstairs really allows you to meet, not only other solo travelers, but locals as well. The staff are so friendly and always up for a good time. Definitely make sure to ask Marco if you can try the apple pie, it's amazing! Thanks again for a great few days guys! xx

The fact that there are 5 hours, between 12pm and 5pm with literally no one there is incredibly annoying. If you arrive in this time, you can go to the tourist information to leave your bag I worked out. Also triple story, wobbly bunks was a bit scary at times. Other than that,JJ it was a good hostel, very easy to meet people and fantastically located.

All in all, I am really happy with my stay at Jorplace. Regarding value for money, it was the best hostel to stay at in the region of The Hague. I really like it that the staff has been really friendly and welcoming. When asked what can be improved, I can mention a fiew things: 1) the reception should be attended all day (check in time adjusted) 2) the bathroom facilities are in a need of repairment 3) I can suggest that prices go low in the off season so that more poeple come to the place

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria

The English guy who works at reception is very friendly and considerate. He arranged the rooms to allow an all-female option even when that's not an option with booking. The large rooms are not usually filled at all, which is nice because you really wouldn't want to sleep top-bunk on a three-level bed.

• 30th May 2014

Jorplace at first seemed a little intimidating. But once I settled in and got to know the staff and a few of the other travelers there, everything was wonderful. The kitchen has everything you need and the beds--while stacked three tall--were still comfy. You really cannot ask for a better location. The hostel is located not even a minutes walk from the main square. Andrew and Mara--staff at the time--were the most welcoming people I have ever met at a hostel.

• 21st May 2014

Positive: Andy was helpful when we've arrived in the morning instead of normal 5pm check-in. Negative: it's the first hostel which doesn't offer towels and had so late check-in - 5pm.

We loved waking up to the sounds of the city.. and of course the three-bed bunks were a treat! We only met two of the staff but they were both really nice and welcoming. We'll definitely return to Delft one day.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Wales

If all you need is a bed and want to relax , have a beer and meet some really amazing people...come here... but you're a neat freak and like to have your own space this ISN'T the place for you.

• 1st Feb 2014

The shower curtain was like a table cloth. There were holes in it and the floor got soaked. Also, the toilet was nearly broken. I wasn't a fan of the weekly cleanings. I think that there is little enough business that it can be cleaned after each stay.