Jorplace Reviews

Keizerstraat 296, The Hague, Netherlands

The hostel has easy access to public transportation. However, the room really has too many travellers.

Its pretty patheticif a place can't get the basics of running a hostel together and I cant think of anything more fundamental than an operational keycard system to access the room. After almost an hour of trying to get the keycard machine to work, we were given the universal keycard so we could actually access the room - mainly to placate us. But only one, between 3 people. The staff can't be faulted too much, for trying with broken equipment. The "fine" system used is also ridiculous.

• 30th Mar 2014

This is one of the best hostel I've ever been. The place is such close to the beach and the street was fool of places to go out in the morning/afternoon. There was a laundry close to it and 2 super markets. Due to a conference the bus stop was moved out but besides that all was good, there is a kitchen, internet and other facilities., Nice stuff

The place itself is decent for the money, but still don't expect to get what you paid for. We rented room 1 which was supposed to be an ensuite (and paid the ensuite price). But the shower was broken so they locked the door to it (and the sink and mirror were in the same room, working fine). So all we had was a toilet. The nearest sink with mirror was upstairs and clear across the property. The bikes are not well kept, do not rent from them. Also the staff were high. Will not be going back.

all was great, very kind people and an great atmosphere - especially the fire place!

My friend and I were very impressed by the hostel when we arrived and loved that they had an outside area. But we sure weren't as impressed by the staff which was very unfriendly and incompetent. There were security cameras everywhere and we were kicked out of the area downstairs at 10pm because they were 'closing'. In the end we were very happy that we only booked two nights.

It is a little bit more costy than hostels in Germany/Austria, the rooms have much more beds (although only few guests, what is ok), location is actually pretty good, although a little bit distant from The Hague center. The rooms have not been painted for years.

I stayed in Room 1. The showers didn't work and it flooded one night. Staff got on it right away next morning, but if I hadn't have woken during night and told everyone, everybody's gear would have been soaked. Lockers are a long way from Room 1, not many of them. Weird, differing hours in community room. Wifi is about the speed of dialup and only worked in Community Room. Great and helpful staff made up for the few deficiencies. Very close to bus/tram stop.

Great place, good for when the weather is warm and nice. It reminded me of the beachtown I grew up in in Florida. But not as warm in January. If you are staying for more than a night, it might be wise to not take the room with the most people. The rest of the building seems renovated execpt for the room with 17 beds.

So friendly. My friend and I had a good time in Jorplace. But is not elevator here...so.......(cause my luggage is big & heavy..)

I had a very nice and quiet stay here in January. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great and I will come back in the summer months if I get the chance.

Nice hostel. I had a problem with someone who took my food for itself, but besides this the stay was ok.

Hi Lorena, Thank you for your review it really helps us! We are very sorry to hear that somebody took your food. Because of that we advice people to write their names on their food and it really helps. We hope to see you again @ Jorplace. Cheeeers, Jorcrew

All in all its a nice hostel. I didn't like the rooms as the dorms have a triple loft bunk beds and are thus a bit crowded. On the other hand, I really liked their common area and the staff, which is nice and helpful.

Very Nice people there You are very welcome at Jor Place

• 20th Dec 2013

Hey John! Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had an awesome stay! This makes our job worthwhile! We hope to see you again! If so... email us a copy of this text and you will get a 10% discount! Cheers, Jorcrew Jorcrew

Really friendly staff behind the front desk and a good atmosphere in the downstairs bar. Nice room overlooking the city in the twin room with comfortable mattresses on the floor. The location is out by the beach only a few minutes walk away, so its a great location if that's what you want, but its a 20 minute/3 euro tram ride into the city centre. Wish we could have stayed longer and in summer this place would be amazing.

Very good hostel but very quiet in winter close enough to the beach and transport

This hostel is beyond underrated. When you first walk in you don't even feel as if your in Holland anymore. It has a really good vibe, super clean, and the staff is phenominal. I'd definitely go back!

Hey Kendall, Thank you for your review! It was awesome to have you over! We hope to see you again @ Jorplace :) If so.. send us an email with a copy of this text and you'll get a 10% discount! Wish you all the best!! Cheers Jorcrew

The place is not bad, but the rooms and the toilets are designed to keep people there as short as possible. Really not welcoming... Smallest sink ever, the mirror is too small and too high, there are triple berths in the dorm and space between the levels are too low so you can't even sit on the bed. 20 euro deposit is too much. There is no 24h receptionist, so if you have to leave early, there is nobody to help you check out and your deposit can only be paid back by bank transfer later.