Jorplace Reviews

Keizerstraat 296, The Hague, Netherlands

I stayed in Room 1. The showers didn't work and it flooded one night. Staff got on it right away next morning, but if I hadn't have woken during night and told everyone, everybody's gear would have been soaked. Lockers are a long way from Room 1, not many of them. Weird, differing hours in community room. Wifi is about the speed of dialup and only worked in Community Room. Great and helpful staff made up for the few deficiencies. Very close to bus/tram stop.

Dear Ronald, Thank you for leaving a review, it always helps us as we can learn a lot from it! We also want to thank you for warning everyone about the floading. The problem of course has been taken care of, as well as the WIFI. We hoped you enjoyed your stay and maybe we'll see you another time! Cheers, Jorcrew

Great place, good for when the weather is warm and nice. It reminded me of the beachtown I grew up in in Florida. But not as warm in January. If you are staying for more than a night, it might be wise to not take the room with the most people. The rest of the building seems renovated execpt for the room with 17 beds.

So friendly. My friend and I had a good time in Jorplace. But is not elevator here...so.......(cause my luggage is big & heavy..)

I had a very nice and quiet stay here in January. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great and I will come back in the summer months if I get the chance.

Nice hostel. I had a problem with someone who took my food for itself, but besides this the stay was ok.

Hi Lorena, Thank you for your review it really helps us! We are very sorry to hear that somebody took your food. Because of that we advice people to write their names on their food and it really helps. We hope to see you again @ Jorplace. Cheeeers, Jorcrew

All in all its a nice hostel. I didn't like the rooms as the dorms have a triple loft bunk beds and are thus a bit crowded. On the other hand, I really liked their common area and the staff, which is nice and helpful.

Very Nice people there You are very welcome at Jor Place

• 20th Dec 2013

Hey John! Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had an awesome stay! This makes our job worthwhile! We hope to see you again! If so... email us a copy of this text and you will get a 10% discount! Cheers, Jorcrew Jorcrew

Really friendly staff behind the front desk and a good atmosphere in the downstairs bar. Nice room overlooking the city in the twin room with comfortable mattresses on the floor. The location is out by the beach only a few minutes walk away, so its a great location if that's what you want, but its a 20 minute/3 euro tram ride into the city centre. Wish we could have stayed longer and in summer this place would be amazing.

Very good hostel but very quiet in winter close enough to the beach and transport

This hostel is beyond underrated. When you first walk in you don't even feel as if your in Holland anymore. It has a really good vibe, super clean, and the staff is phenominal. I'd definitely go back!

Hey Kendall, Thank you for your review! It was awesome to have you over! We hope to see you again @ Jorplace :) If so.. send us an email with a copy of this text and you'll get a 10% discount! Wish you all the best!! Cheers Jorcrew

The place is not bad, but the rooms and the toilets are designed to keep people there as short as possible. Really not welcoming... Smallest sink ever, the mirror is too small and too high, there are triple berths in the dorm and space between the levels are too low so you can't even sit on the bed. 20 euro deposit is too much. There is no 24h receptionist, so if you have to leave early, there is nobody to help you check out and your deposit can only be paid back by bank transfer later.

Great location to beach- the best, But far away from everything else (10 stops on the tram to get anywhere relatively populated). Winter is not the time to visit this place. Staff are friendly, Wifi is frustrating at the best of times, must be good at climbing- bunk beds are stacked three up with no ladder.

it was very loud in the night so we couldnt sleep well , but we only stay one night so it was no problem

Although the weather was rather frightful, Jorplace was super comfortable and I had a great stay there. Loved how close it was to the beach! I had some trouble finding it, but it was one of my first hostel stops and I got better at mapping things out ahead of time, so probably partly my fault. Friendly staff and an overall great experience! Thanks!

The 3 layers of bunks is a bit much plus lots of stoners everywhere but friendly and really nice courtyard

Dear Jennifer, Thank you for leaving a review! It really helps us a lot. We can improve our business thanks to your review ;). We hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you some other time @ Jorplace. Kind regards, Jorcrew Ika

Jorplace is located very close to the water which is great. Most of the staff was great. Jorplace is not a bar and do not make their profit on the alcohol they sell so I think it is ridiculous that you cannot drink your own alcohol when their bar is open.

• 28th Aug 2013

Loved the hostel, really easy to settle in. Relied heavily on earplugs to sleep, but its good others got to hang out in the garden next to my room. Guy serving bfast was not remotely helpful, is my only real complaint. Also not a fan of the three deck beds where u cant sit up in bed. Otherwise, great hostel.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

The location is great next to the beach and Den Haag is easily reachable by tram or a 40 min walk. Kitchen is fully equipped and next to the hostel there is a very cheap supermarket (with a great variety of vegetarian Tivall products!!). The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable but being three storage bunk beds,it could be a little overwhelming-you cannot sit in the bed. It is good enough to go with children/teens as the atmosphere is very relaxed.

Overall, a great hostel. I had a fine sleep, and the common area is quite nice. I didn't realize it was so far from the city centre, but it is extremely close to the beach so that is great. Also extremely close to a grocery store as well as some nice shops and restaurants. There is a good kitchen to use as well One complaint is that the internet for the public computer did not work and the staff at the time did not seem to know how to fix it.

The beach is wonderful. There are convenient shops for groceries, ice cream and a helpful pharmacist.

• 19th Aug 2013