Jorplace Reviews

Keizerstraat 296, The Hague, Netherlands

Really nice place and atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and will get u involved in every events that they r organising! I will definitly recommend Jorplace !

• 20th Jul 2013

It was great being so close to the beach and the lounge was fun to be in, however I felt the staff kept to themselves and the toilets and showers were awful.

We were in a 6 dorm room. Beds were awful, it was 3 floors beds and the room was tiny. Kitchen was really small, not enough ustensils and things to make food and not enough space in the frig. The bar and terrace we're cool, but when we were there, there was bachelor party and a football team who makes a lot of noise and were really drunk. At least, it was a nice area, near a beautiful beach! People were nice and staff were really helpful so thank to them!!

I really enjoyed my stay at Jorplace, although i think for the price the travelers pay, you could at least give the 'work-and-stayers' lunch and dinner as well, or some extra money, but just accommodation and breakfast is not enough. The place they have to sleep in, is very small, and for 8 people staying for very long not enough, and there is no toilette near by. I just don't think this is necessary, I really enjoyed staying, but I would not recommend, paying the staff correctly is a must!

• 9th Jul 2013

In general everything was good in this Hostel, I have no complaints at all ^^ The staff was really great, location is perfect during summer :P

We were in room 1, wich was a nice room. The only thing is, we could hear everything at night. People who came back from the town after a few beers, and wanted to have a smoke. The (only) door out was in front of our room, and the stairs were next to our room. Annyhow, we've had a great stay, with verry nice staff. Especially the boy and girl who work at the breakfast and the guy from the reception who gave us a quick Longboardlesson! Thanks, guys!

If you wanna surf in The Hague - good choice, because of good location.

Great place to go the staff is fun, the rooms are good, and the atmosphere the staff sets is great, i would recomend anyone visiting the hague to stay with them.

• 26th Jun 2013

The location is perfect if you want to do some beach! If you plan to visit Den Haag, it is a little bit far: 1 hour walk from central station or 15 minutes by tram! Many of the lockers were broken and could not be used, but otherwise everything was fine!

A brilliant setup, very well thought out. The only thing that I should comment on is that they should have told me to bring my own towels. Unless it was in the small print, I did not realise. But drying yourself with a pillowcase is not too bad :). I will certainly recommend Jorplace to anyone who is travelling the The Hague and would not hesitate to stay there again (but this time I will bring a towel).

• 4th Jun 2013

Checkin closes at 10, so make sure you get there before then, or you're walking back into town, as public transport stops as well. Otherwise, a very cool place. We hung out in the bar and chatted. The beach is close by, and it's easy to get into town and to make a day trip into Amsterdam.

Hi Frazer, Thank you for your review and opinion about Jorplace! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay. In case you are planning to come back to the Netherlands and want to stay at our Beach Hostel or City Hostel then copy paste this message and send us an email. You will receive a 10% discount and another awesome stay ;). Wish you all the best and kind regards, Ika Albers Office manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

Loved this hostel. The staff was very helpful and nice. Such a relaxing atmosphere. If I am ever in The Hague again, I will be staying here

• 20th May 2013

Hi Katie, Thank you for your review! Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay! If you ever are back in the Netherlands then we hope to be able to Welcome you again. If so.. just send us this message in an email and you will receive a 10% discount on your stay in Jorplace Delft or The Hague. Wish you all the best and kind regards, Ika Albers Office Manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

It was a nice place. Lots of charcter. The staff were friendly. The beds are small and in my dorm the stacked them 3 high. I was on the bottom and hit my head alot. The chef was a really nice guy with an awesome personality. Even though you pay for your breakfast there it was the best I had in any hostel. It's real close to the beach only like a 3 min walk. You have to put on your own sheets and they don't carry change for your deposit, it gets really loud at night to. But in all a nice place.

Hi Brandon, Thank you for you review! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay which makes us smile, thanks ;). We will think of something better for the low bunks so guests won't hit their head. We hope to be able to welcome you back sometimes and if so... send us an email with a copy of this email and you'll receive a discount of 10% on your stay in Delft & The Hague. Wish you all the best and kind regards, Ika Albers Office manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

A new chef has just started working there and the food is excellent. Although the hostel is a bit outside the city centre, it's really near the beach so when the weather is better I can't imagine a better place to stay in Den Haag.

Dear James, Thank you for your review, it always helps a lot, good or bad ;). It sounds like you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back some day @ Jorplace Hostel! Wish you all the best and kind regards, Ika Albers Office manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

Absolutely not value for money. When we booked, breakfast is included but pay 3 euro for a better one. Turn out no breakfast is provided and need to pay 3 euro to order a breakfast. The part about breakfast on the brochure is deleted. Cant bring food and drink to the hostel, most ppl booked hostel bcoz they're in budget, it is unreasonable not allowing food from outside. The table inside dropped suddenly and hurt my foot, afraid to tell the staff as 20 euro deposit is kept in case any damage.

• 12th May 2013
  • Hong Kong

Jorplace hostel is definitely a hippie. At checking-in the waiting time was long. When was finally my turn, i got wrong key cards. In the morning, when trying to get breakfast and check-out, waited more than 30 min for the staff to find the key to the kitchen and then it turned out our deposit of in total 40 euros was gone - there had been a party a night before. In the end we did get a sandwich and a cup of coffee for 5 euros, and our deposit back, but it all took around 1.5 hours.

Dear Piret, Thank you for your review! I am very sorry to hear what happend which made your stay not so enjoyable as we hoped it would. It is unusual to let guests wait for that long and we are always trying to make everything as smooth as possible although in your case this didn't happen. Our apologies for this. We wish you all the best of luck and kind regards, Ika Albers Office Manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

It's a very nice place where I'v been. And so close to the beach.

Dear Li, Thank you for your review! It makes us happy when guests enjoyed their stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back some time @ Jorplace Hostels. In case you come back to the Netherlands and want to stay with us you can send an email with this message which will provide a 10% discount on your stay. We wish you all the best of luck and kind regards, Ika Albers Office Manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

evreything is so good

Hi Yuhua, Thank you for your review! It makes us happy if guests enjoyed their stay! We hope to be able to welcome you back some day and in case you do... then you can send us an email with a copy of this message providing you a discount of 10% on your next stay. Wish you all the best and kind regards, Ika Albers Office Manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

It's convenient to get to the beach. The rules on the wall are not so comfortable, although the real experience is quite better. I booked a 6-person room but nobody else lived there the two nights, that's good for me beacuse the room is small……

Dear Yun, Thank you for your review! We hoped you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back someday at Jorplace. Wish you all the best and kind regards, Ika Albers Office Manager Jorplace Beach Hostel

Overall it was a good hostel. Very chilled, staff are friendly, great kitchen. Only criticism it did accept large groups of bucks party which does kill the atmosphere a bit in the weekend. There's not much to do around the town apart from the beach. Can hire a bike and The Hague is not too far, but good for a break and to do nothing.

Dear Alicia, Thank you for your review! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back someday at Jorplace Beach or City Hostel. In case you are planning to come back one day... just send us an email with this message in it and you'll receive a 10% discount on your next stay. Wish you all the best and kind regards, Ika Albers Office Manager Jorplace Beach Hostel