Jorplace Reviews

Keizerstraat 296, The Hague, Netherlands

Dieses Hostel ist etwas ganz besonderes. Sehr schöne Atmosphäre, tolle Einrichtungen, cooler Style! Wir sind vollkommen zufrieden und werden das Hostel Jorplace auf alle Fälle wieder buchen. Es hat einfach alles gepasst. Echt grandios! Danke Jorplace.

• 18th Apr 2014

The hostel has easy access to public transportation. However, the room really has too many travellers.

El hostal no es muy bueno, las habitaciones la verdad no me gustaron y a parte debes dejar 20 euros de deposito, cosa que me parece muy exagerada para el tipo de hostel que es, la chica del bar es muy buena onda y siempre trata de ayudarte eso es lo unico bueno del hostal, no hay wifi en las habitaciones y el precio que te da la pagina no incluyen los impuestos así que terminas pagando un poco más, la localizacion del hostal sería buena si la Haya fuera un lugar de playa pero el clima no ayuda

It was incredibly hot in a 6 persons room although we kept the window open.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Its pretty patheticif a place can't get the basics of running a hostel together and I cant think of anything more fundamental than an operational keycard system to access the room. After almost an hour of trying to get the keycard machine to work, we were given the universal keycard so we could actually access the room - mainly to placate us. But only one, between 3 people. The staff can't be faulted too much, for trying with broken equipment. The "fine" system used is also ridiculous.

• 30th Mar 2014

This is one of the best hostel I've ever been. The place is such close to the beach and the street was fool of places to go out in the morning/afternoon. There was a laundry close to it and 2 super markets. Due to a conference the bus stop was moved out but besides that all was good, there is a kitchen, internet and other facilities., Nice stuff

The place itself is decent for the money, but still don't expect to get what you paid for. We rented room 1 which was supposed to be an ensuite (and paid the ensuite price). But the shower was broken so they locked the door to it (and the sink and mirror were in the same room, working fine). So all we had was a toilet. The nearest sink with mirror was upstairs and clear across the property. The bikes are not well kept, do not rent from them. Also the staff were high. Will not be going back.

all was great, very kind people and an great atmosphere - especially the fire place!

My friend and I were very impressed by the hostel when we arrived and loved that they had an outside area. But we sure weren't as impressed by the staff which was very unfriendly and incompetent. There were security cameras everywhere and we were kicked out of the area downstairs at 10pm because they were 'closing'. In the end we were very happy that we only booked two nights.

It is a little bit more costy than hostels in Germany/Austria, the rooms have much more beds (although only few guests, what is ok), location is actually pretty good, although a little bit distant from The Hague center. The rooms have not been painted for years.

I stayed in Room 1. The showers didn't work and it flooded one night. Staff got on it right away next morning, but if I hadn't have woken during night and told everyone, everybody's gear would have been soaked. Lockers are a long way from Room 1, not many of them. Weird, differing hours in community room. Wifi is about the speed of dialup and only worked in Community Room. Great and helpful staff made up for the few deficiencies. Very close to bus/tram stop.

Great place, good for when the weather is warm and nice. It reminded me of the beachtown I grew up in in Florida. But not as warm in January. If you are staying for more than a night, it might be wise to not take the room with the most people. The rest of the building seems renovated execpt for the room with 17 beds.

So friendly. My friend and I had a good time in Jorplace. But is not elevator here...so.......(cause my luggage is big & heavy..)

I had a very nice and quiet stay here in January. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great and I will come back in the summer months if I get the chance.

El hostal se encuentra MUY LEJOS de la estación de trenes, la publicidad es engañosa, no se encuentra cerca como lo anuncian, sin embargo el hostal no es malo, deberían de ESPECIFICAR que el hostal no está cerca, debido a que la gente se hospeda ahí con engaños, pensando que la ubicación será funcional.

Nice hostel. I had a problem with someone who took my food for itself, but besides this the stay was ok.

Hi Lorena, Thank you for your review it really helps us! We are very sorry to hear that somebody took your food. Because of that we advice people to write their names on their food and it really helps. We hope to see you again @ Jorplace. Cheeeers, Jorcrew

All in all its a nice hostel. I didn't like the rooms as the dorms have a triple loft bunk beds and are thus a bit crowded. On the other hand, I really liked their common area and the staff, which is nice and helpful.

Very Nice people there You are very welcome at Jor Place

• 20th Dec 2013

Hey John! Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had an awesome stay! This makes our job worthwhile! We hope to see you again! If so... email us a copy of this text and you will get a 10% discount! Cheers, Jorcrew Jorcrew

Really friendly staff behind the front desk and a good atmosphere in the downstairs bar. Nice room overlooking the city in the twin room with comfortable mattresses on the floor. The location is out by the beach only a few minutes walk away, so its a great location if that's what you want, but its a 20 minute/3 euro tram ride into the city centre. Wish we could have stayed longer and in summer this place would be amazing.

Very good hostel but very quiet in winter close enough to the beach and transport