Journeys Brighton Hostel Reviews

33 Richmond Place, Brighton, Brighton, England

The shower facilities are appalling. Water swimming all over the bathroom floor and the cubicle itself overflowing due to a blocked plug hole. Also not very clean as there was knots of hair all over the place.

• 28th Mar 2015

I didn't like bed at the bottom and the hostel can't change it to me to get top bed i have been dispointed no breakfast late i were late due to long night

• 28th Mar 2015

No idea how anyone can say anything negative about this place. Fantastic clean cheap comfy great location. Exactly what I'd want in a hostel.

Location was perfect. The heater in the room (Room no. 9) didn't function. Also the bathrooms could have been cleaner with a hand wash kept inside. The staff was kind enough to let us keep our luggage even after the check out.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • India

i stayed in a many hostel before and this one had the biggest chillout lounge i had seen, with people playing games and generally sociallising. i felt at home.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Slovakia

Upon arrival I was extremely disappointed as it was nothing like the description. I was very unhappy with the arrangements and was awake the whole night scared for my safety as I was sharing a room the 3 older men (I am 20 and female) who were all depressed and one asked if he could come with me back home (as a serious suggestion) then followed me to the bathroom in the morning to ask again. Having one ladder in the room so if I wanted to get down I had to ask or jump only scared me more.

• 20th Nov 2014

The only positive about this hostel is the location, other than that everything was disgusting. The room was awful, it smelt like no fresh air or daylight had passed through it in months. The shower room was disgusting, only 1 shower worked, there was yellow water all over the floor leaking from the broken showers, the shower had a random plastic chair in it. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. I really cannot understand how the staff can just ignore the filthy, smelly rooms.

The hostel was terribly dirty and the 18 person dormitory i slept in only had one really small room. It smelled awefully inside. The facilities were horrible, dirty and two of the three bathrooms were closed because they were broken. This hostel is embarrising and i dont understand that they dare to ask money for this.

• 17th Oct 2014

I was really impressed with the welcoming atmosphere. Staff were really friendly, and i felt very safe during my stay. The only thing that was needing attention was the showers. Some of them weren't working, and the ones i used on the 1st floor were quite hard to wash under as the head was so high on the wall. That being said, i would definitely come back!

• 17th Oct 2014

Was ok but not really quite a kitchen. Expected something a bit more. Toilets/ showers were dirty. Common room facilities were good but not big enough for the number of people staying there. Location best thing!