Journeys Brighton Hostel Reviews

33 Richmond Place, Brighton, Brighton, England

Upon arrival I was extremely disappointed as it was nothing like the description. I was very unhappy with the arrangements and was awake the whole night scared for my safety as I was sharing a room the 3 older men (I am 20 and female) who were all depressed and one asked if he could come with me back home (as a serious suggestion) then followed me to the bathroom in the morning to ask again. Having one ladder in the room so if I wanted to get down I had to ask or jump only scared me more.

• 20th Nov 2014

The only positive about this hostel is the location, other than that everything was disgusting. The room was awful, it smelt like no fresh air or daylight had passed through it in months. The shower room was disgusting, only 1 shower worked, there was yellow water all over the floor leaking from the broken showers, the shower had a random plastic chair in it. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. I really cannot understand how the staff can just ignore the filthy, smelly rooms.

The hostel was terribly dirty and the 18 person dormitory i slept in only had one really small room. It smelled awefully inside. The facilities were horrible, dirty and two of the three bathrooms were closed because they were broken. This hostel is embarrising and i dont understand that they dare to ask money for this.

• 17th Oct 2014

I was really impressed with the welcoming atmosphere. Staff were really friendly, and i felt very safe during my stay. The only thing that was needing attention was the showers. Some of them weren't working, and the ones i used on the 1st floor were quite hard to wash under as the head was so high on the wall. That being said, i would definitely come back!

• 17th Oct 2014

Was ok but not really quite a kitchen. Expected something a bit more. Toilets/ showers were dirty. Common room facilities were good but not big enough for the number of people staying there. Location best thing!

• 17th Oct 2014

The best part about Journeys was the friendly staff! It was my second time staying there, and I had a great time :)

• 23rd Sep 2014

Very impressed with the price and the staff were very pleasant, but very disappointed with the facilities specifically the toilets and showers. The toilets where very small, if was very difficult to maneuver yourself in and out of the cubicles. There were also 2 toilets on the first floor which were out of order the whole time, if these were working it would of made a huge difference. I felt the shower room which had shower curtains was disgusting the smell of damp was awful, new ones needed!!

• 11th Sep 2014

Nice visit. I had 7 bed bug bites . Did a inspection of bed and monitoring trap and could not find any evidence so may be a very early stage of infestation.

• 16th Aug 2014

Journeys lacks basic security the front door isn't locked and guests are required to wear wrist bands to show that they are staying there. Also, guests can arrive 24 hours a day, a number of guests arrived very late in the night waking myself up due to the level of noise. The staff were some what helpful, but were very sarcastic and rude when I asked about visiting seven sisters. Journeys is a party hostel, affecting how much I slept. The toilets and showers are mixed gender, dirty and broken.

Decent hostel. Bathrooms are usually not that clean but that is more due to the fellow hostelers rather than a lack of cleaning. Set up is good. Beds have curtains. While there are no lockers - my stuff felt safe.