4.6
Rating 608 Total Reviews
4.6
Rating 608 Total Reviews
Journeys Brighton Hostel Located at 33 Richmond Place, Brighton, Brighton.
England
Brighton East Sussex BN2 9NA 33 Richmond Place, Brighton
46% 608
50.8271922 -0.1343250
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 41+
16th Apr 2016

I read some terrible reviews about Journeys, but thankfully overall had a great experience. Quirky place, attracting overseas visitors, students etc. We went for the Brighton Marathon. +ves, great value, fun staff, superb location, comfy bed -ves, no where to put belongings, floor space very cramped, bed space also cramped

• England, Couple, 25-30
5th Feb 2016
2.9

This hostel is more of a homeless hostel rather than a backpacker hostel which is fine and I respect that but I wish this had been made clearer. I booked a room with a toilet and shower on hostel world but when I arrived there was no toilet in my ensuite. The toilet on my floor was broken and the ones on the next floor very dirty. The kitchen was in a tiny cupboard so not great. The lounge was full all day and night with dodgy men which I found intimidating. The staff were not experienced.

• Greece, Male, 31-40
5th Feb 2016
2.0

The worst hotel I ever slept

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
3rd Feb 2016
3.7

Extremely dirty, hair on my pillow, a used tissue in my bed, I'm sure the linnen was not changed. Disgusting. Three bunk beds, old, structure so noisy that it woke me up with every turn. No curtains on the beds like it shows in the pictures, no privacy. The shower was flooded, hair everywhere. Hair in the sink. Toilettes so disgusting, I rather turned around and walked away. Difficulties with checking in due refurbishment works. No alcohol licence, but own brought drinks not allowed either

18th Jan 2016

Best Hostel in Brighton staff helpfully long term patrons are trust worthy cleanliness is the best I have seen I thought Sobo was clean but here the staff are constantly on the go. If in brighton and need a hostel stay at Journeys Hostel, first then try other places I can guarantee you will be back at journeys...

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Nov 2015
2.0

I was booked to stay and ended up cancelling a little over 24 hours before because I heard horrible stuff and didn't want to risk it. Brighton is limited for good hostels unfortunately.