Journeys Brighton Hostel Reviews

33 Richmond Place, Brighton, Brighton, England

The worst hotel I ever slept

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Greece

Extremely dirty, hair on my pillow, a used tissue in my bed, I'm sure the linnen was not changed. Disgusting. Three bunk beds, old, structure so noisy that it woke me up with every turn. No curtains on the beds like it shows in the pictures, no privacy. The shower was flooded, hair everywhere. Hair in the sink. Toilettes so disgusting, I rather turned around and walked away. Difficulties with checking in due refurbishment works. No alcohol licence, but own brought drinks not allowed either

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Hungary

Best Hostel in Brighton staff helpfully long term patrons are trust worthy cleanliness is the best I have seen I thought Sobo was clean but here the staff are constantly on the go. If in brighton and need a hostel stay at Journeys Hostel, first then try other places I can guarantee you will be back at journeys...

I was booked to stay and ended up cancelling a little over 24 hours before because I heard horrible stuff and didn't want to risk it. Brighton is limited for good hostels unfortunately.

Wouldn't ever in a million years book this place me n my friend went here planning on staying 1 night but we didn't end up staying here at all... the place was very very very dirty and it smelt so bad ... The rooms omg where like 100 homeless people have been squatting in them it stank ... We ended up sleeping in the car ...

• 29th Sep 2015

3 bunk beds high! Very close quarters and cramped dorms. Individual powerpoints. Each bunk had own storage shelf for luggage but nothing lockable. Toilets separate from showers is good, toilets are a bit mank and showers were ok but too hot! Free luggage storage and basic brekky. Atmosphere great in bar/common area and staff really friendly. Overall good location and good for partying

Had long stay residents up to 3 months so rooms stank of feet and were filthy. Shower floors flooded and stained toilets with no soap. We didn’t shower as we didn’t want to catch a fungal infection. Arrived back second night and came back to find people in our bed, hostel had removed all our stuff from the bed and given beds to someone else. Were given other beds but hours later were woken up as we had been given someone else’s beds, drama ensueud! Horrible experience, DO NOT STAY

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Wales

This takes dirtiness to the next level. Hair on pillow case on arrival, room constantly stank, showers which flood. Decided to leave one night early.

• 18th Sep 2015

This was the worst hostel any of the 7 of us have ever stayed in. The 18 bed rooms were stuffy and it's necessary to leave the window open to the noisy street. There's better places to stay for the same price. At least the staff were nice.

• 6th Sep 2015

Had a pleasant stay for a very good price.

• 28th Aug 2015