Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Great and affordable place to stay, you will meet many fellow backpackers, perfect for lone travellers.

We loved our stay at this hostel! The staff were amazing, especially the young lass who checked us in at 01.30 in the morning she was so very welcoming and friendly, she made us very happy to be there even with the time we were arriving . So thank you so much!

• 25th Jan 2016

An excellent experience, staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable and it's minutes away from kings cross station! This is the best hostel I have been to and I would 100% recommend staying here and will be doing so myself in future!

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Good location, a little bit loud during the night.

Has a great atmosphere, staff were very friendly and helpful. I was in a 12 bed room but still felt like i had mt privacy with the bed curtains, facikities were good, all clean and included breakfast was great. I travelled alone but was made to feel very welcome and very reasonably priced. I will be going here again .

• 13th Jan 2016

Thank you for leaving such a great review! Looking forward to see you next time!

The hostel is very clean. Staff is nice too. If you don't mind the kitchen too small and don't eat breakfast. This hostel is good. I will book again as I don't used kitchen and don't eat breakfast.

This place is fine if you don't plan on spending any time at the hostel. You cannot sit up in the triple bunks, and the common room is pretty small and generally dark. The whole place has a damp smell and the showers have the auto shutoff button which doesn't last long enough and needs to be pressed multiple times over the course of a shower. They have a nice free breakfast (peanut butter!), a good value luggage storage option for after you check out, and are in a VERY convenient location.

Good hostel for a long stay, there are a complete kitchen, a good sized bathroom with showers. Very good the staff.

I liked the hostel but as we stayed in room 1.. its such a tiny room and smells like human. Its too tiny for that amount of people

Thanks for leaving a review. Unfortunately the human smell is something that comes hand in hand with shared living. If it bothers you again next time you stay please come and see us at reception and we will see what we can do about it. We know that it can feel a little cramped in that room at times but we try to do the best with the space we have.

absolutely rubbish. don't stay here unless you enjoy the smell of a rubbish bin

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay here at our hostel. If you have any problems next time you stay please come and see us at reception and we will try and sort them out for you.

Great! EBS students galore, great fun. Tightly packed rooms but quite ok for the money. Nice breakfast.

The hostel is cramped and smelly, there was noise in the common areas until night, the noise insulation is very poor, if existent, at all, the bathroom didn't look clean, with pools of water around the basin and the shower floor getting flooded easily. The staff was nice and helpful but, unfortunately, for all the above and the fact that we could not start sleeping until 2 (!) am due to the noise, we would not recomend this hostel and will tell our friends to stay away from it.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at Journeys. We try to keep the noise down by doing things like closing the smoking area at 9:30pm and the common areas at 2am but unfortunately this is something that comes with hostel living. If you feel that people are being too loud or have any other issues feel free to come and see us at reception and we will do our best to sort out the problem.

great location, terrible showers and horrible smell in storage space.

Dear Josh, I believe that the smell was coming from one of our ex-guest's bag, which was taken away shortly after you reported it. The room has been thoroughly cleaned since then. Thank you for staying at Journeys and we hope to see you again. Cheers!

If you're looking for a friendly place to stay and meet people in London close to the station then this is the place. Especially the Aussie receptionist, if you ask me she deserves a pay rise.

The hostel was something reminiscent of a battery chicken farm crossed with a Vietnamese prison, and no offence intended to the Vietnamese. Very little atmosphere in the place as it was as many beds as humanely possibly crammed into a minuscular space, littered with ominous signs threatening fines for all sorts of minor errors and infractions, and almost entirely devoid of natural sunlight if you ended up in a basement room. Bleak.

• 26th Sep 2015

Dear Cillian, We're very sorry to hear such negativity about out hostel. I think you'll find that atmosphere can be very dependant on what kind of guests we have staying at any given time, whether guests are feeling sociable, group booking etc. But in general, atmosphere is one of the aspects we get the most praise for, in fact it can a challenge to keep a lid on it sometimes! In terms of lighting, every room in our hostel has windows and even an individual light for each bed.

The Australian employee is the nicest, most welcoming person. You can tell that she's stayed in hostels and she knows how to make people (me) feel comfortable there. She's really energetic and weird, but in a great way.

• 25th Sep 2015

A week stay ended up being a great experience, met wonderfull people and the staff are really helpfull and nice. Definitos Recomend it.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Portugal

It was everything I needed. A place to sleep and relax when I needed, and conveniently (and easily) located right where I started most of my travels, right by King's Cross.

• 10th Sep 2015

Really liked the key pads makes everything feel secure, but charging for lockers when there is none provided in the room I think is bad. I've never stayed in a hostel in London before, but every other one I've stayed in South America has a locker provided in the room free of charge. Although that would be a problem because the rooms as so cramped in! I did enjoy my stay because of the location and it's great value for money for Central London.

Overall this place is quite dark, there's barely any natural light, and it's like a maize, steep stairs, not practical to carry your bags. The lounge area has no natural light and very poor ventilation, quite claustrophobic. On that same day I found another hostel, slightly cheaper, and way better, literally 2 min away, called Keystone House. I chose to lose 20 pounds, than staying a night there. The only positive comment I can give is that the staff were friendly.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Dear guest, we're sorry to hear you felt that way about our hostel. Yes, it can get a bit cramped, but we have an old building which doesn't allow us to make many structural changes, we do the best we can with the space we have. We have windows with natural light in every room in the hostel apart from the lounge, where we have lots of lighting. Thank you for your feedback!