Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Very friendly hostel,I always come back to it. And I always notice sth new (the solution for cold milk in the morning is fantastic;similarly a huge tube map in the common room). Nice text around in the bathroom and kitchen (to encourage people to keep it clean :). The only drawback: the standard internet does not work(any more)! Once you know it,you can arrange for alternatives (go to Starbucks, or prepare all your online to-do's well beforehand); yet I did not know.try+error took so much time

To spend a cheap night somewhere, the hostel is okay. The breakfast is acceptable, the cleanliness too, and those who like to spend the evening with other travelers in stuffy common rooms, get their money's worth. But the dorms are definitely too small and with a middle sized suitcase you're gonna have problems. Also, one guy was stolen his laptop while being outside his dorm for a few minutes, but I guess this can happen in any dorm ...

• 8th Jan 2015

The dorms are very cramped with very little space to store your luggage, especially in the 12 person dorms. You do get a privacy curtain and your own light/outlets which is a small blessing. Wifi works fine in the rooms. Brekky is basic. People are generally cool. The main issue I have with Journeys is that they have a serious theft problem, at a rate of at least one item (laptop, coats, passports, iPads) per day while I was there and I never saw police called about it. Stay at your own risk.

Location is good for London tour and staffs are most of time kind. but they need to consider clean bed cover.

Good facilities, staff were very helpful, though no one was at the desk when I needed to check out early in the morning. Each bed has its own light and powerpoint, but neither of mine worked. Also don't recommend the 6 bed dorm on the top floor, we were lucky to just have three in the room, I can't imagine 6 people with 6 bags possibly fitting in that room, especially in summer!

It was surprisingly clean, the room was good, bed was comfortable. It was just super loud at night! I'm a heavy sleeper, but i woke up several times at night, people talking, door opening and closing, it aounded like they we're coming into our room..

the hostel need to be cheaper because the services are not such good

• 5th Nov 2014

good apart from getting food stolen!

Unfortunately, my friends Phone disappeared on a mysterious way

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

More lollies at the counter!

Curtains and individual lights were a real bonus in the small 17 bed dorm where the bunks were stacked 3 high, made it more private. Space was a bit tight for your bags, unless you were happy to lock them in the somewhat unpractical luggage room, but no big hassle. Pretty decent hostel all round :)

To begin with, the only lockers provided by the hostel cost you per day...different to every other hostel I've been to. Furthermore, when I decided not to use the locker on the last day and gave the key back, they refused to give me a refund. This is technically illegal as they took money for a service that was never provided (and the cancellation cost them nothing). In addition, the 'breakfast' was frequently understocked and no hot water was available to wash dishes.

Hi Trystan. Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you have not had a great experience. However we have sorted the problem with hot water and with the breakfast as well. We hope you will consider our hostel on your next stay to London. Have a good day.

Very dirty toilets. You have to pay an extra cost for every facility, such as lockers. which are very small and outside the rooms.

• 15th Aug 2014

Dear guest thank you for your valuable feedback, we are always trying to improve the services and facilities we offer at our hostel. We have different sizes of lockers where you can store anything up to a moderately sized bag, for anything larger than that we offer a luggage room free of charge for our guests until check-out.

The sheets have clearly not been changed before we checked in since there were hairs all over them (and I don't mean 1-2, I mean a lot). The kitchen and the common TV room are in the basement, without decent windows / sources of light and lacking in cleanliness. There is no cosy atmosphere to talk about. The corridors and the room smelled like food and cigarette smoke. Check-out is at 10:00 (vs 11:00 or 12:00 in other places). The area is not nice, but close to the tube.

Our housekeepers should definitely have changed your sheets - let the reception know if problems like this occur and we'll have it fixed in minutes. Smoking indoors in public buildings is also illegal in the UK, so please report any smoking to us right away. We ask guests to leave the premises if they break this law. We're sorry you didn't enjoy our stay and we're always working to improve our services. If you ever stay again, we hope you'll find things better. Thanks for your review.

Although I hate the Showers in this place (barely dripping water, Push Button, Either hot or freezing, And small cubicles to shower/try and get changed in if you're trying not to flash people) and the lack of luggage room in the bigger dorms I stayed here once again Because- The location is excellent. Right in the centre and close to all the main rail stations and Victoria Coach which are easily reachable even on night/ early morning buses. The staff are nice and common area is good.

Hi, we're glad you think our location is good - we think so too, and we're proud of our lively and vibrant common area. We have to make the most of the space we have here in the densely populated centre of London; we think it's worth it for this great location. We're aware that our showers don't have the best pressure and are working on the plumbing. We hope you'll stay with us again and that, by the time you do, we'll have made improvements that you'll like.

The people working in reception were nice and thats about all there is positive to say. floors were gross, atmosphere isn't good, i found it really cramped/over crowded. would only stay again if it was literally just to sleep there and could get a cheap bed. hopefully won't ever need to.

We're really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We try very hard to keep the hostel clean at all times and have cleaners working very hard from 6:30 in the morning every day. It's true we have to make the best of the space we've got here in central London - a consequence of our great location that we feel is worth it. Please let our reception staff know if the atmosphere in the hostel ever goes sour; we're here to help and make sure everyone has a good stay.