7.5
Very Good 915 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 915 Total Reviews
Journeys King's Cross Hostel Located at 54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London.
England
London N1 9DP 54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross
75% 915
51.5323482 -0.1199913
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016
4.3

The room was too hot!! Didn't sleep at all- the beds were so cramped, you couldn't sit up- and worst, the door to the room would never open! On the final night I tried for 20 minutes to get into my room, the light kept going green but it wouldn't unlock! No staff around to help- I had to check into a hotel. I was on a budget but in the end I paid for both the hostel and the hotel! Won't be staying or recommending! Showers were terrible, no where to get dressed. 1 toilet for entire floor!!

20th Jul 2016

For the price you'd normally pay in London I think it is a very good hostel. I only stayed for one night as I had a train to catch early morning from Kings Cross (just down the road from the hostel), but the staff were very helpful and accommodating in the short time I spoke to them. Beds are a little cramped and you have to pay extra for lockers but overall it was decent.

• Canada, Male, 41+
20th Jul 2016

Excellent.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
4.9

Hot, humid, and with vertical places to lay down. Perfect sauna atmosphere in this amazon rain forest... Wait scratch that this is a hostel in the center of London. I wound up with a ground floor. Me and one of my colleagues spent the night here after our other hostel was unavailable. Needless to say I will NOT be coming back. For what I paid however I thought this hostel would be nicer overall than it was.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. we are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay here. We are always looking for ways in which we can improve but unfortunately due to this unusually hot summer there is not a lot we can do about the temperature in the room.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2016

I was a little bit apprehensive about my stay as some of the reviews I read online weren't great! I was working in London for the weekend so checked in late on a Friday night- absolutely no hassle and the staff were polite and friendly. The room was plenty big enough (i've stayed in much smaller dorms for the same amount of beds) and had sufficient facilities. My bedding was clean and my sheets were on the bed when I arrived. Would definitely recommend staying here. Also the location is amazing!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2016

Super friendly staff! Location is close to kings cross. 3 bunks are a bit much for me personally but that's the only downfall and even then it's not really one! Laundry facilities too and a beautiful cat. I wish I booked this place for my next London stay!

6th Jul 2016

Excellent location. Excellent value. Expect a hostel experience. Minimal hostel. They will give you a bunk to sleep in.

• nadimsky1687
  • England, Male, 25-30
6th Jul 2016
4.9

15 beds were really crammed into the dorm room. As they charge for locker use, most people choose not to get a locker, and instead just leave all their luggage in the middle of the room. Making an already crammed room feel even smaller. It was so difficult to walk to my bed. The room was very dirty and dusty. Definitely not worth the money I paid. Location is fantastic though, wi-fi is good, and the OJ served at breakfast is good.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know the rooms can feel a little cramped at times but in order to keep our prices so low (especially considering our fantastic location) we have to do the best we can with the space we have. We also have cleaners working through the day, a housekeeper on during the busy dinner times and we also do regular building checks during the night to make sure the hostel s as clean and quiet as possible.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2016
8.0

Great location. Breakfast was decent. Stayed in a 17 bed dorm and found it very quiet. Overall does the job.

28th Jun 2016
3.7

Avoid this hostel. They are just trying to cram rooms with bunk beds three people high with no space on the floor for any luggage. I'm surprised it is still running being such a fire hazard. Homeless people and the staff smoke outside the front door which does not make anyone feel safe. Luggage storage is a black hole, and don't even think about leaving your stuff for the day- costs 2£ per bag. Everything, including a lockers to put valuables is added (7.5£) for week. Save your time and money.

Hi there. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hostel. we know the hostel can feel a little cosy at times but in order to keep our prices so low (especially considering our fantastic location) we have to do the best we can with the space we have.