Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The location is very good, close to King's cross Station and close to center of London. The Facilites (shower and toilet) are not perfect, mixed toilet and mixed shower, shower a bit small but the price was very cheap. Kitchen very small, the breakfast was all right (Cereal, milk, toast, orange juice...).

I lost my hat the first full day I was at the hostel, and I thought since there are so many people coming in and out over the course of the weekend, that I'd never see it again. I asked that night if anyone had seen it, and they hadn't. I checked the next night, just in case, and my hat had turned up. =] It sounds like something very small, but the attitudes of all the employees that I spoke with were great. Thanks!

• 19th Mar 2015

The location is incredible, very close to the kings cross station. The staff very friendly and open, especially the guy who greeted me and my friend. The facilities were OK, some more single sex toilets would have been nice. Security wise they changed the door password everyday and there is no pub closeby so there is no danger at all (drunk people etc). Its also locate in a very quiet area away from incredibly busy bars/pubs, so if you're tired you will have no trouble resting.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Great atmosphere really easy to meet people. Good option for solo travelers

This hostel was just okay. When I looked at the pictures, it seemed like a very nice spacious hostel but it's actually pretty small and cramped, although everything is like that in London! The rooms were decent. They were clean but very small and had little air circulation. The kitchen was also quite small but had all the necessary equipment. The breakfast was very basic but still good and FREE which was great!!

Very friendly hostel,I always come back to it. And I always notice sth new (the solution for cold milk in the morning is fantastic;similarly a huge tube map in the common room). Nice text around in the bathroom and kitchen (to encourage people to keep it clean :). The only drawback: the standard internet does not work(any more)! Once you know it,you can arrange for alternatives (go to Starbucks, or prepare all your online to-do's well beforehand); yet I did not know.try+error took so much time

To spend a cheap night somewhere, the hostel is okay. The breakfast is acceptable, the cleanliness too, and those who like to spend the evening with other travelers in stuffy common rooms, get their money's worth. But the dorms are definitely too small and with a middle sized suitcase you're gonna have problems. Also, one guy was stolen his laptop while being outside his dorm for a few minutes, but I guess this can happen in any dorm ...

• 8th Jan 2015

The dorms are very cramped with very little space to store your luggage, especially in the 12 person dorms. You do get a privacy curtain and your own light/outlets which is a small blessing. Wifi works fine in the rooms. Brekky is basic. People are generally cool. The main issue I have with Journeys is that they have a serious theft problem, at a rate of at least one item (laptop, coats, passports, iPads) per day while I was there and I never saw police called about it. Stay at your own risk.

Location is good for London tour and staffs are most of time kind. but they need to consider clean bed cover.

Good facilities, staff were very helpful, though no one was at the desk when I needed to check out early in the morning. Each bed has its own light and powerpoint, but neither of mine worked. Also don't recommend the 6 bed dorm on the top floor, we were lucky to just have three in the room, I can't imagine 6 people with 6 bags possibly fitting in that room, especially in summer!

It was surprisingly clean, the room was good, bed was comfortable. It was just super loud at night! I'm a heavy sleeper, but i woke up several times at night, people talking, door opening and closing, it aounded like they we're coming into our room..

the hostel need to be cheaper because the services are not such good

• 5th Nov 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your time to leave a review. We try to keep the prices as low as possible as we are a backpackers hostel. I can see you have stayed in 5 bed dorm which costs around £22.99 per night/per person. Should you wish to pay less for your stay we suggest booking one of the bigger dormitory rooms (twelve to seventeen people) where the price starts at £10.99 per person. We hope to see you again on your next trip to London. Kind regards, Journeys hostel

good apart from getting food stolen!

Unfortunately, my friends Phone disappeared on a mysterious way

• 3rd Oct 2014