Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Very friendly hostel,I always come back to it. And I always notice sth new (the solution for cold milk in the morning is fantastic;similarly a huge tube map in the common room). Nice text around in the bathroom and kitchen (to encourage people to keep it clean :). The only drawback: the standard internet does not work(any more)! Once you know it,you can arrange for alternatives (go to Starbucks, or prepare all your online to-do's well beforehand); yet I did not know.try+error took so much time

To spend a cheap night somewhere, the hostel is okay. The breakfast is acceptable, the cleanliness too, and those who like to spend the evening with other travelers in stuffy common rooms, get their money's worth. But the dorms are definitely too small and with a middle sized suitcase you're gonna have problems. Also, one guy was stolen his laptop while being outside his dorm for a few minutes, but I guess this can happen in any dorm ...

• 8th Jan 2015

The dorms are very cramped with very little space to store your luggage, especially in the 12 person dorms. You do get a privacy curtain and your own light/outlets which is a small blessing. Wifi works fine in the rooms. Brekky is basic. People are generally cool. The main issue I have with Journeys is that they have a serious theft problem, at a rate of at least one item (laptop, coats, passports, iPads) per day while I was there and I never saw police called about it. Stay at your own risk.

Location is good for London tour and staffs are most of time kind. but they need to consider clean bed cover.

Good facilities, staff were very helpful, though no one was at the desk when I needed to check out early in the morning. Each bed has its own light and powerpoint, but neither of mine worked. Also don't recommend the 6 bed dorm on the top floor, we were lucky to just have three in the room, I can't imagine 6 people with 6 bags possibly fitting in that room, especially in summer!

It was surprisingly clean, the room was good, bed was comfortable. It was just super loud at night! I'm a heavy sleeper, but i woke up several times at night, people talking, door opening and closing, it aounded like they we're coming into our room..

the hostel need to be cheaper because the services are not such good

• 5th Nov 2014

good apart from getting food stolen!

Unfortunately, my friends Phone disappeared on a mysterious way

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

More lollies at the counter!

Curtains and individual lights were a real bonus in the small 17 bed dorm where the bunks were stacked 3 high, made it more private. Space was a bit tight for your bags, unless you were happy to lock them in the somewhat unpractical luggage room, but no big hassle. Pretty decent hostel all round :)