Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The location is very good, close to King's cross Station and close to center of London. The Facilites (shower and toilet) are not perfect, mixed toilet and mixed shower, shower a bit small but the price was very cheap. Kitchen very small, the breakfast was all right (Cereal, milk, toast, orange juice...).

I lost my hat the first full day I was at the hostel, and I thought since there are so many people coming in and out over the course of the weekend, that I'd never see it again. I asked that night if anyone had seen it, and they hadn't. I checked the next night, just in case, and my hat had turned up. =] It sounds like something very small, but the attitudes of all the employees that I spoke with were great. Thanks!

• 19th Mar 2015

Hi, thanks for leaving us such a good review. We're really pleased we found your hat!

The location is incredible, very close to the kings cross station. The staff very friendly and open, especially the guy who greeted me and my friend. The facilities were OK, some more single sex toilets would have been nice. Security wise they changed the door password everyday and there is no pub closeby so there is no danger at all (drunk people etc). Its also locate in a very quiet area away from incredibly busy bars/pubs, so if you're tired you will have no trouble resting.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Great atmosphere really easy to meet people. Good option for solo travelers

This hostel was just okay. When I looked at the pictures, it seemed like a very nice spacious hostel but it's actually pretty small and cramped, although everything is like that in London! The rooms were decent. They were clean but very small and had little air circulation. The kitchen was also quite small but had all the necessary equipment. The breakfast was very basic but still good and FREE which was great!!

Very friendly hostel,I always come back to it. And I always notice sth new (the solution for cold milk in the morning is fantastic;similarly a huge tube map in the common room). Nice text around in the bathroom and kitchen (to encourage people to keep it clean :). The only drawback: the standard internet does not work(any more)! Once you know it,you can arrange for alternatives (go to Starbucks, or prepare all your online to-do's well beforehand); yet I did not know.try+error took so much time

Hi Anna - we had big problems with our ISP at the beginning of the year. You'll be happy to know that we have free wifi Internet working reliably throughout the building these days. We're glad you like the hostel and hope we'll see you again!

To spend a cheap night somewhere, the hostel is okay. The breakfast is acceptable, the cleanliness too, and those who like to spend the evening with other travelers in stuffy common rooms, get their money's worth. But the dorms are definitely too small and with a middle sized suitcase you're gonna have problems. Also, one guy was stolen his laptop while being outside his dorm for a few minutes, but I guess this can happen in any dorm ...

• 8th Jan 2015

The dorms are very cramped with very little space to store your luggage, especially in the 12 person dorms. You do get a privacy curtain and your own light/outlets which is a small blessing. Wifi works fine in the rooms. Brekky is basic. People are generally cool. The main issue I have with Journeys is that they have a serious theft problem, at a rate of at least one item (laptop, coats, passports, iPads) per day while I was there and I never saw police called about it. Stay at your own risk.

Hi We advise our customers never to leave valuable items unattended in shared accommodation anywhere in the world. Particularly in a big, expensive city like London, the risk is simply too high. We provide lockers for a nominal fee and a deposit for the key in order to give our customers somewhere safe to leave valuables. When thefts are reported we do help customers to contact the police, although officers will not attend the site unless there is a crime in progress.

Location is good for London tour and staffs are most of time kind. but they need to consider clean bed cover.

Good facilities, staff were very helpful, though no one was at the desk when I needed to check out early in the morning. Each bed has its own light and powerpoint, but neither of mine worked. Also don't recommend the 6 bed dorm on the top floor, we were lucky to just have three in the room, I can't imagine 6 people with 6 bags possibly fitting in that room, especially in summer!

It was surprisingly clean, the room was good, bed was comfortable. It was just super loud at night! I'm a heavy sleeper, but i woke up several times at night, people talking, door opening and closing, it aounded like they we're coming into our room..

the hostel need to be cheaper because the services are not such good

• 5th Nov 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your time to leave a review. We try to keep the prices as low as possible as we are a backpackers hostel. I can see you have stayed in 5 bed dorm which costs around £22.99 per night/per person. Should you wish to pay less for your stay we suggest booking one of the bigger dormitory rooms (twelve to seventeen people) where the price starts at £10.99 per person. We hope to see you again on your next trip to London. Kind regards, Journeys hostel

good apart from getting food stolen!

Unfortunately, my friends Phone disappeared on a mysterious way

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

More lollies at the counter!

Curtains and individual lights were a real bonus in the small 17 bed dorm where the bunks were stacked 3 high, made it more private. Space was a bit tight for your bags, unless you were happy to lock them in the somewhat unpractical luggage room, but no big hassle. Pretty decent hostel all round :)

To begin with, the only lockers provided by the hostel cost you per day...different to every other hostel I've been to. Furthermore, when I decided not to use the locker on the last day and gave the key back, they refused to give me a refund. This is technically illegal as they took money for a service that was never provided (and the cancellation cost them nothing). In addition, the 'breakfast' was frequently understocked and no hot water was available to wash dishes.

Hi Trystan. Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you have not had a great experience. However we have sorted the problem with hot water and with the breakfast as well. We hope you will consider our hostel on your next stay to London. Have a good day.

Very dirty toilets. You have to pay an extra cost for every facility, such as lockers. which are very small and outside the rooms.

• 15th Aug 2014

Dear guest thank you for your valuable feedback, we are always trying to improve the services and facilities we offer at our hostel. We have different sizes of lockers where you can store anything up to a moderately sized bag, for anything larger than that we offer a luggage room free of charge for our guests until check-out.

The sheets have clearly not been changed before we checked in since there were hairs all over them (and I don't mean 1-2, I mean a lot). The kitchen and the common TV room are in the basement, without decent windows / sources of light and lacking in cleanliness. There is no cosy atmosphere to talk about. The corridors and the room smelled like food and cigarette smoke. Check-out is at 10:00 (vs 11:00 or 12:00 in other places). The area is not nice, but close to the tube.

Our housekeepers should definitely have changed your sheets - let the reception know if problems like this occur and we'll have it fixed in minutes. Smoking indoors in public buildings is also illegal in the UK, so please report any smoking to us right away. We ask guests to leave the premises if they break this law. We're sorry you didn't enjoy our stay and we're always working to improve our services. If you ever stay again, we hope you'll find things better. Thanks for your review.

Although I hate the Showers in this place (barely dripping water, Push Button, Either hot or freezing, And small cubicles to shower/try and get changed in if you're trying not to flash people) and the lack of luggage room in the bigger dorms I stayed here once again Because- The location is excellent. Right in the centre and close to all the main rail stations and Victoria Coach which are easily reachable even on night/ early morning buses. The staff are nice and common area is good.

Hi, we're glad you think our location is good - we think so too, and we're proud of our lively and vibrant common area. We have to make the most of the space we have here in the densely populated centre of London; we think it's worth it for this great location. We're aware that our showers don't have the best pressure and are working on the plumbing. We hope you'll stay with us again and that, by the time you do, we'll have made improvements that you'll like.