Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

I booked the room for 16 people or more (I'm not sure about that), but at the time that I check-in, staff changed my booking to the room of 9 people at no cost. Staff is so nice and willing to help me with every question I have. However, for the room, since it located next to the street, it is a bit noisy at night, but that is not a problem for me.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

clean but spartan living quarters. Nice common room. Chill atmosphere Great location

Like (or hate) cats? There's a charming tom-cat to judge you :-p second time staying here, love it ^_^ Has the basics but a genuine charm and is right next to Kings Cross station.

Thanks for the review! We think you had genuine charm too, Charlie and the rest of the gang look forward to seeing you again!

This is the second time I stay here. No wonder why, it's super close to the Kings cross station, Tesco on opposite and super cheap!!

Everything is great every time I go. I enjoy the free breakfast and wifi. I also like the assignment of beds and the privacy curtains provided. I wish more hostels followed your path!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Dear Guest, Thanks for taking time to leave a comment, we value it a lot. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

stayed one night. I didn't actually use my bunk in the 3 story bunk bed cause I picked up OPPS. Average but free breakfast :)

I had the 17 bedder which means I get one of those super cramp beds which I can't sit up straight on. Then again it's cheap for a hostel walkable from Kings Cross St Pancras. Can't complaint.

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment. As we are located in such a central are of London and we try to keep our prices low we have to make the best of the small space we have. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Not as close on the train as originally thought, checkin took quite long, halls very cramped to get up down stairs with luggage. When we checked into our room here was an old man staying (thought there was age 35 max) and he snored like a train all night

Besides being reasonably cramped, it has decent security, great party atmosphere and a friendly cat as well as friendly and knowledgeable staff

I stayed in MANY hostels over the past 11 weeks and this was definitely a disappointing experience. It was on a very busy (LOUD) street that made sleeping (even with earplugs) a challenge. The staff as always friendly but not terribly knowledgable,

Very convenient! I had no trouble getting anywhere in the city from the hostel via the tube or bus. The only thing I'd suggest is limiting large groups. There was a large group of young teens -- they made it hard for other hostel guests to mingle as the hostel was too small to accomodate large groups congregating in the two commons areas (the kitchen and tv room). And as the teenagers didn't really have night time activities, they'd congregate in packs in these common areas.

3 of us came here for Wireless Festival so we didn't care much about where we slept, the rooms was pretty stuffy as we stayed in the largest bed room since it was hot. Other than that everything else was ok with a big common room, smoking area and free breakfast. The location was great for the festival a it was a quick tube or bus journey away or if you wanted only 20 minutes walk away, I'll be staying here again when I return for Wireless Festival next year

After staying at several hostels after staying at Journeys Kings Cross and they were all by far better than this one. Not consistent when staff tried to enforce policies, over priced and not kept up very well.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

A few unsavoury characters staying here made me feel uncomfortable. Staff seemed unfriendly and looked scruffy, not a good first impression. Too hot in all the rooms especially the common room and kitchen The luggage room is accessible by anyone and dorms don't have lockers so didn't feel very secure Worse of all the rooms are visible from street level or from The courtyard, Overall I wouldn't recommend this hostel . Location is the only thing going right for them .

• 30th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay although we were put in rooms on different floors. Finding out after that that we had an empty room next to us for the first night. People who book rooms together may want to be nearer each other. The pay for wifi didn't work half way through our stay but the member of staff refunded me my money for it. Very kind he was too. The cat was gorgeous and gave the place a homely feel.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Wales

Average hostel. They do have blackout curtains, and an outlet for every bed, which is nice. Beds are stacked three on top of each other, so it's pretty cramped, and there's no air conditioning but there are fans. It's really close to the King's Cross station--take advantage of this and you can go anywhere in London easily. I accidentally booked a mixed room instead of a female and the staff were wonderful about switching me to a female room except for one fully-booked night.

We've been telling everyone about journeys and highly recommending it to anybody we meet who may be travelling to London.

• 26th Jun 2015

Poorly constructed 3 tiered beds with metal pipe ladders, hurts going up and down. Plugs and night light available next to every bed but again, poorly constructed. 12 beds shoved into a tiny room. Blinds could not be adjusted, streets get rowdy at night so bring ear plugs. Wifi available in rooms. Breakfast of toast and jams, juice and hot beverages are sufficient. No lockers available in rooms, you can rent them at robbery rates. Strange atmosphere and crowd. Would not stay here again.

Wifi in room was very good, plug sockets and reading lights in each bed space is great! Friendly cat, small room is right by the road so a bit noisy but overall a good experience.

The only negative was that the rooms and public areas were too hot. There was no air circulation. Which made ot feel quite stuffy. Other than that it was a fantastic place to stay.

• 24th Jun 2015