Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Eén nacht verbleven, maar bij binnenkomst al gelijk een goede indruk. Het rook er schoon, er waren vele faciliteiten aanwezig (keuken, lockers, toilet en badkamer voor zowel gemengd geslacht als alleen man/vrouw), nette uitleg. Ook de ligging is prima, hooguit 5 minuten lopen vanaf het grote internationale station Kings Cross.

• 25th Jul 2015

Not as close on the train as originally thought, checkin took quite long, halls very cramped to get up down stairs with luggage. When we checked into our room here was an old man staying (thought there was age 35 max) and he snored like a train all night

Besides being reasonably cramped, it has decent security, great party atmosphere and a friendly cat as well as friendly and knowledgeable staff

I don't know if I just had bad luck, but many things were stolen from other people while I was there: Money, IDs... one guy was even expelled from the place for using drugs! I believe it's not the staff's fault, but it surely shook my confidence about the safety of the place.

I stayed in MANY hostels over the past 11 weeks and this was definitely a disappointing experience. It was on a very busy (LOUD) street that made sleeping (even with earplugs) a challenge. The staff as always friendly but not terribly knowledgable,

Very convenient! I had no trouble getting anywhere in the city from the hostel via the tube or bus. The only thing I'd suggest is limiting large groups. There was a large group of young teens -- they made it hard for other hostel guests to mingle as the hostel was too small to accomodate large groups congregating in the two commons areas (the kitchen and tv room). And as the teenagers didn't really have night time activities, they'd congregate in packs in these common areas.

El hostel esta bien ubicado ya que la estacion king cross esta muy cerca . El personal d recepcion es poco paciente . Un dia quisimos ir al patio ( el cual no sabiamos q cerraba en determinado horario xq no nos lo informaron ) y salimos en el momento q abrimos la puerta la menos simpatica de recepcion nos dijo "it 's close"cerrandonos la puerta en la cara. El hostel tiene dos pisos con una escalera minima ya habitacion tenia muchisimo olor. La limpiexa brillaba x su ausencia . No vuelvo nunca+

After staying at several hostels after staying at Journeys Kings Cross and they were all by far better than this one. Not consistent when staff tried to enforce policies, over priced and not kept up very well.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

A few unsavoury characters staying here made me feel uncomfortable. Staff seemed unfriendly and looked scruffy, not a good first impression. Too hot in all the rooms especially the common room and kitchen The luggage room is accessible by anyone and dorms don't have lockers so didn't feel very secure Worse of all the rooms are visible from street level or from The courtyard, Overall I wouldn't recommend this hostel . Location is the only thing going right for them .

• 30th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay although we were put in rooms on different floors. Finding out after that that we had an empty room next to us for the first night. People who book rooms together may want to be nearer each other. The pay for wifi didn't work half way through our stay but the member of staff refunded me my money for it. Very kind he was too. The cat was gorgeous and gave the place a homely feel.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Wales

Average hostel. They do have blackout curtains, and an outlet for every bed, which is nice. Beds are stacked three on top of each other, so it's pretty cramped, and there's no air conditioning but there are fans. It's really close to the King's Cross station--take advantage of this and you can go anywhere in London easily. I accidentally booked a mixed room instead of a female and the staff were wonderful about switching me to a female room except for one fully-booked night.

Séjour correct, auberge de jeunesse correcte, quelques sacrifices a faire (douches communes, chambre de 12...) acceptable quand on paye pas cher, mais la nous avons payé 30£ (C'est vraiment cher par rapport à la chambre)... Aussi, avec une chambre de 12 non climatisé, nous sommes obligé d'ouvrir les fenêtres et le secteur est très très très bruyant. Petit plus: déjeuner convivial et agréable!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We do our best to keep our rates as competitive as possible, I think you'll find that we have some of the most affordable rates in the area. Unfortunately, London is a very expensive city in general.

We've been telling everyone about journeys and highly recommending it to anybody we meet who may be travelling to London.

• 26th Jun 2015

Poorly constructed 3 tiered beds with metal pipe ladders, hurts going up and down. Plugs and night light available next to every bed but again, poorly constructed. 12 beds shoved into a tiny room. Blinds could not be adjusted, streets get rowdy at night so bring ear plugs. Wifi available in rooms. Breakfast of toast and jams, juice and hot beverages are sufficient. No lockers available in rooms, you can rent them at robbery rates. Strange atmosphere and crowd. Would not stay here again.

Wifi in room was very good, plug sockets and reading lights in each bed space is great! Friendly cat, small room is right by the road so a bit noisy but overall a good experience.

The only negative was that the rooms and public areas were too hot. There was no air circulation. Which made ot feel quite stuffy. Other than that it was a fantastic place to stay.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Too noisy. I could hear people slaming doors all night.

We're sorry to hear this. All the doors are fitted with a system that should dampen door slamming. We will look at further measures we can take, as we are always looking to improve!

Refused to use showers, too small and no where to put belongings whilst in the shower

Soap holders in the shower would be really nice. I had a bar of soap with me so it got a bit challenging:)

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Very close to King's Cross Station. Staffs were friendly and helpful all the time. Room of twelves people was too small but worth the price you paid for a stay in London Central area.