Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Everything is OK with this hostel except blankets! I had a feeling that my blanket was made of polyethilene, cause it rustled like a plastic bag and I sweated the whole night like a cucumber in a supermarket package! I could never think that blanket can be such an irritating thing, but this hostel really surprised me with that! I felt sorry not to have my sleeping bag.

I was really disappointed when I saw my room...

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Belgium

We are sorry to read we did not meet your expectations, however there are plenty of pictures and details on the web that will give an idea about the rooms and the hostel.

The hostel was shamelessly expensive compared to the cleanliness and to the state of 12 person mixed dorms or the 2 persons' private room. Shared toilets didn't work and the shower was so dirty we coudn't use it. I will definitely not recommend, the worst experience in my life. I don't mind if the premises are not that good but when it's dirty it's bad. This place was.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Finland

We are sorry you had a bad experience. We have cleaners on duty every day and they try their best to keep the hostel as clean as possible during their working hours. They also cannot be on duty 24h/day so it is up to our guests to try and maintain the hostel as clean as possible.

The rooms are definitively too small, they smell like dust and the windows do not close. Furthermore, the whole hostel lacks in cleanliness, hygiene and friendliness. Value for money= 0. Worst place I have stayed at! DON'T GO THERE!!!!

• 21st Mar 2014

Atmosphere was slightly lacking, but possibly just because of the time we went. There was one incredibly nice and welcoming male staff member (quite tall and spoke Italian - as well as English, of course) who greeted my friend and I on our arrival, gave us all the information we needed and some great advice about the area and things to do, however the other staff we encountered, for example when checking out the next day were quite cold and unhelpful. Bathrooms and security verging on poor.

The hostel was in a convenient location for catching an international train but thats about the only positive. One major negative was the outside courtyard that joined to the kitchen area was a favourite area for smokers and with the door being kept open it resulted in the kitchen and our dorm (room 1) stinking of smoke. Most of the hostel was booked out by an educational group that were very loud untill late at night and took up most of the common areas.

6인실 3층 침대.. 방 안에 기둥이 있어서 좁음..

• 9th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Not the place to go if you want somewhere a little quieter. A lot of noise and people getting drunk later at night. Most other aspects of the hostel were fine though.

very loud, and not even because of the people who were staying in but because of the staff. we had a room downstairs next to reception and we could hear the staff having very loud conversations in the middle of the night, the hoover at 7am and the guy in the kitchen putting his music very loud at 8am while having breakfast. You litteraly hear every single noise in the building as well.

• 20th Feb 2014

An issue when you have a 17-beds room is that people are almost constantly coming in and out.... so if you plan to sleep, better going somewhere else!

O hostel possui uma excelente localizacao proximo a estacao King's Cross St Pancras. Contudo os quartos sao pequenos com camas apertadas. A limpeza dos quartos deixa muito a desejar, nos seis dias que passei por la, o quarto nao fui limpo nenhuma vez. A internet nao funcionava o tempo todo e normalmente no segundo andar o sinal estava indisponivel.

• 4th Feb 2014

A única coisa boa é a localização. Quarto pequeno, sujo, apertado. Lugar muito barulhento, com batidas de porta super fortes a noite inteira.

• 26th Jan 2014

Well placed, lovely staff

• 24th Jan 2014

I was pleasantly surprised here! After believing London is the worst for hostels in the world (And most expensive!) This was cheap and good! Not fantastic but excellent value for money. The beds were a little scary (I was on the third foor) but really good that they had powerpoints and curtains. Very good!

The only bad thing about this hostel was that we couldn't connect the wifi in the room.

This is a good and clean short stay place if you use a private room and are not piled into one of the dorms with their three tier bunks. The staff were very helpful and the location excellent for tourists. The food provided for breakfast was another plus. However, the showers were often cold or took a while to warm up. The seating in the small cubby hole of a loungue was so soft that it nearly made my back giveway ( it needs replacing). It mainly attracts young people from all over the world.

I stayed in 17-bed dorm so as expected it was crammed! You get what you pay for though, it's very cheap for London! The staff was very friendly, the location is perfect (especially if you're wanting to catch a train near St Pancras as I did) and the common areas are cozy. On the negative side, it just feels very tiny everywhere because of the low walls and feels kinda crammed. However, it is not something they can fix, it's lack of space! I would go again for short stays.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Spain

It was a very good hostel, the staff is very nice and helpful, we only stayed for one night but we were able to leave our stuff there for a few days for a cheap price in securized lockers. It's good to have breakfast included, and tea and coffee offered all day, which is brilliant! The dorms are quite big but well organized so it makes it ok. The bathroom could have been better but everything was ok and still very good. I would definitely stay there again!

Everithing was great, but there wasn't hot or warm or tepid water in the bathroom!

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Hungary

Kitchen was disgusting and the lack of storage in rooms meant getting in and out with a suitcase was a nightmare of tripping over 16 other people's stuff all spread over the middle of the room. Privacy curtains were a tatty bit of fabric essentially hanging over a bit of string tied from one end of the bed to the other. Light and plug socket by the bed didn't work either!

• 29th Dec 2013

Hi, we regret that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.We service the kitchen twice daily,but it is up also to our customers to make sure that they clean up after themselves,and unfortunately this is not always the case.We also invite customers with a lot of baggage to utilise our luggage room and to keep in the room just the essential things for their stay.Had any problem with light and plug been reported to reception it would of been addressed immediately