Journeys King's Cross Hostel Reviews

54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London, England

To begin with, the only lockers provided by the hostel cost you per day...different to every other hostel I've been to. Furthermore, when I decided not to use the locker on the last day and gave the key back, they refused to give me a refund. This is technically illegal as they took money for a service that was never provided (and the cancellation cost them nothing). In addition, the 'breakfast' was frequently understocked and no hot water was available to wash dishes.

Very dirty toilets. You have to pay an extra cost for every facility, such as lockers. which are very small and outside the rooms.

• 15th Aug 2014

The sheets have clearly not been changed before we checked in since there were hairs all over them (and I don't mean 1-2, I mean a lot). The kitchen and the common TV room are in the basement, without decent windows / sources of light and lacking in cleanliness. There is no cosy atmosphere to talk about. The corridors and the room smelled like food and cigarette smoke. Check-out is at 10:00 (vs 11:00 or 12:00 in other places). The area is not nice, but close to the tube.

Although I hate the Showers in this place (barely dripping water, Push Button, Either hot or freezing, And small cubicles to shower/try and get changed in if you're trying not to flash people) and the lack of luggage room in the bigger dorms I stayed here once again Because- The location is excellent. Right in the centre and close to all the main rail stations and Victoria Coach which are easily reachable even on night/ early morning buses. The staff are nice and common area is good.

The people working in reception were nice and thats about all there is positive to say. floors were gross, atmosphere isn't good, i found it really cramped/over crowded. would only stay again if it was literally just to sleep there and could get a cheap bed. hopefully won't ever need to.

Hostel feels very cramped, and toilet facilities aren't sufficient for all staying on the same floor. Though I didn't use the shower, I heard from others who did that it's rathre filthy. Beds rather uncomfortable and would make squeaky noise whenever one moves.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The room was so hot and was told no fans, the room it's self had 6 beds and was TINY barely room to stand. Also no facilities in bathroom for applicances, they provided just 1 hair dryer. The building smelt like food oil and the sheets had been over washed making them squeaky and uncomfortable. Very very basic at most.

• 29th Jul 2014

The hotel was really dirty, furthermore in the showers.

The 5 bed dorm room is the size of a jail cell. The bottom bunk is just off the floor and unless you are on the top bunk there is no room to sit up in your bunk. The rooms here very hot and crowded. Very poor!

• 19th Jul 2014

Dear Trevor, thank you for your comment. Our hostel is located in central London, 1 minute from King's Cross station and in order to keep our prices as low as possible we have to make the most of the space we have available. We hope you enjoyed your trip to London and hope to see you again. Journeys King's Cross Hostel.

Ambientes muy pequeños y el olor a la cocina llega a todos lados. Después todo bien

Checked in quite late to the hostel and found that someone had their stuff in my assigned bed. I went to tell reception that I would be happy to swap beds, just in case. The receptionist said that that would not be possible, and I had to change the bed sheets on my bed myself as well as the other bed that was free. Was quite scared that someone would be getting in bed with me that night! Breakfast was basic - toast and cereal. Couldn't find the showers. Good location and security. Wifi was poor.

Kitchen space is not big enough, I couldn't find a proper seat, when I had my breakfast. The height of space of bed in the middle layer of the bunk bed was too narrow. I couldn't stretch my back when I sat on my bed then.

this hostel is basic and cramped, with an atmosphere that tends too lend itself too larger hostels were it can at times be harder too meet people.. but! it is cheap, you get a good breakfast for the price you pay and it is clean and secure.. as a place too stay while in transit it was perfect.. people on here complaining about the showers are idiots, if you cant figure out how too use a shower and you burn yourself in the process then you deserve too be burnt..

Stayed in a 17-bed dorm. The room was surprisingly spacious and airy, the bedlinen clean, the bunk bed relatively comfortable. The shared bathroom looked clean; however, there were only three sinks so it got crowded fast. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch even if it was nothing fancy (a selection of cereals, toast, a range of jams, peanut butter, tea/ coffee). The staff were great: they promptly replied to my mail, arranged to keep a low bunk bed for me, and were polite and friendly.

This is the kind of hostel you stay at because everything else is booked out and you need to get to the station early. You really don't want to spend more time here than completely necessary. Atmosphere was unfriendly and facilities hard to navigate/ couldn't even get into the bed. You couldn't pay me to stay here again

Dear Mia, we are sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed your stay, however our reception is open 24 hours a day and there is plenty of signs located in the hostel to show you which way to go. If you still had a problems we would recommend to ask our receptionist if you have any kind of troubles during your stay and they will be happy to help you with any kind of issues. Thank you for your comment, it is very important to us as we are trying to improve our services every day.Journeys King's Cross

17 Bed Mixed Dorm is not that a big room for 17 people staying there. There is no place for luggage, so everything was just scattered all over the floor. Curtains for each bed is a really nice idea, thanks for that! Though showers can have a bit of refurbishing.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, it helps us improve! We are located in central London therefore we have to make the most of the little space we have. We are working on luggage storage at the moment and showers are also being refurbished. We hope you enjoyed your stay and will consider us on your next trip to London!

Filthy and too many people crammed in the rather smallish rooms. Never going to come back,never going to recommend it. And the water was really hot during the day -as sone else pointed out in their feedback,so unable to wash hair. But when I went to take a shower in the morning the water was freezing cold, it took long minutes for it to warm up.POOR

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment, it is very important to us. We are located in central area and in order to keep our prices as low as possible we do have to make the most of the little space we have. Shower temperature depends on water usage at the moment and we are working on improving it as soon as possible. We hope you did enjoy your visit to London!

Location is very good. It is only one bad thing that a pay locker.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment, we value it a lot. We are in one of the most central areas in London and in order to keep our prices as low as possible we do have a small fee for a private security locker. We also have a free storage room which is available prior check-in and during your stay. We hope you enjoyed your visit and you will consider us for your next trip to London!

Este foi o pior hostel onde estive. O atendimento do pessoal é péssimo, beirando a grosseria. O ambiente é bagunçado e sujo.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it a lot and it helps us improve. We do have cleaning staff most time of the day and they do their best to keep areas clean. We hope you did enjoy your trip to London!

Overall, the staff are nice and the beds are clean.The disadvantage is that the showers can hardly control temperature and lack eater easily, especially when a grouo of people using them. Also, the electric socket along my and my friends' bedside never work and cannot be repaired, we need to charge in the kitchen. But the location is very close to the King Cross Station and excellent.