Journeys London Bridge Hostel Reviews

204 Manor Place, Kennington, London, England

I only stayed at Journey's for one night. I guess you get what you pay for, bed not too comfy and pillows very flat, over-used. On a positive note, it is very cheap (£16 per night), sheets were clean, I never had to wait to use any facilities, the beds had curtains for extra privacy, breakfast was included and the underground close by. However, some people in my dorm were really inconsiderate. This place is not at all luxurious, but its sufficient for when you're on the move.

• 11th Apr 2014

well organised and professional although not much jam for breakfast.

Persistent gas smell on the stairs. Emergency exit , retractable ladder , to the roof . Locked with a lock pad. Window blinds missing from several windows. Dirty bed mattress Towels are thin from so many washes Dirty floor carpet Dirty and old showers. Noisy beds. I spent 2 nights there and two nights in safe stay. Big difference . Hope the review helps.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

The location was far away from everything and in a poor neighborhood. There were papers and scrap around my bed, staff was very slow and one of the guys unpleasant. Strange and drunk clients. Value for money might be acceptable considering the fact that London is really expensive, but I've been in cheaper hostels with an extremely better quality.

The hostel is located outside of the city centre but there's a tube station not so far away. Unfortunately, only the northern line passes here, which isn't operative at night. There is a nice bar on the ground floor where you can meet people and have a (quite cheap) drink. The room was ok, beds a little squeaky though. Only 1 of the 3 showers on our floor worked properly, plus they were quite unhandy. The kitchen was disgusting but we didn't use it. All in all, it was ok for the price we paid.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

My bed was double booked and the night staff was incredibly rude about this when somebody else came to take my spot.

• 24th Feb 2014

Hostel was really good actually, the bar is awesome, probably could do with a bit of decorating, but it's an awesome space to hang out.

Stayed there on, off for sometime meet loads of people all over the world. The new manager is doing very well in the place could do with a new kitchen staff sometimes could and should check people before they enter . Most hostels you go to do not have cooking areas here does Could be better. great for saving money. the idea of lockers in one area on CCTV Nice works But people use them for storing food so new people have no where to place their valuables sometimes location 9

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Northern Ireland

There was only one person in charge of the hostel who did everything inside of it (assistance, breakfast, ..). He couldnt do all of it by himself because it is a very big hostel for just one person. That is why I have rated the cleanliness so low, there was no one to clean the bathrooms which were very dirty since I arrived at noon of a saturday and went the following morning.

thanks for booking with us, we have 3 cleaner that clean the hostel and they actually do a very good job but we are open to critics and we will endevour to continue improving based on your review. we hope next time you visit there will be a better service from us