Journeys London Bridge Hostel Reviews

204 Manor Place, Kennington, London, England

I only stayed at Journey's for one night. I guess you get what you pay for, bed not too comfy and pillows very flat, over-used. On a positive note, it is very cheap (£16 per night), sheets were clean, I never had to wait to use any facilities, the beds had curtains for extra privacy, breakfast was included and the underground close by. However, some people in my dorm were really inconsiderate. This place is not at all luxurious, but its sufficient for when you're on the move.

• 11th Apr 2014

well organised and professional although not much jam for breakfast.

Persistent gas smell on the stairs. Emergency exit , retractable ladder , to the roof . Locked with a lock pad. Window blinds missing from several windows. Dirty bed mattress Towels are thin from so many washes Dirty floor carpet Dirty and old showers. Noisy beds. I spent 2 nights there and two nights in safe stay. Big difference . Hope the review helps.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

The location was far away from everything and in a poor neighborhood. There were papers and scrap around my bed, staff was very slow and one of the guys unpleasant. Strange and drunk clients. Value for money might be acceptable considering the fact that London is really expensive, but I've been in cheaper hostels with an extremely better quality.

The hostel is located outside of the city centre but there's a tube station not so far away. Unfortunately, only the northern line passes here, which isn't operative at night. There is a nice bar on the ground floor where you can meet people and have a (quite cheap) drink. The room was ok, beds a little squeaky though. Only 1 of the 3 showers on our floor worked properly, plus they were quite unhandy. The kitchen was disgusting but we didn't use it. All in all, it was ok for the price we paid.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

My bed was double booked and the night staff was incredibly rude about this when somebody else came to take my spot.

• 24th Feb 2014

Hostel was really good actually, the bar is awesome, probably could do with a bit of decorating, but it's an awesome space to hang out.

Stayed there on, off for sometime meet loads of people all over the world. The new manager is doing very well in the place could do with a new kitchen staff sometimes could and should check people before they enter . Most hostels you go to do not have cooking areas here does Could be better. great for saving money. the idea of lockers in one area on CCTV Nice works But people use them for storing food so new people have no where to place their valuables sometimes location 9

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Northern Ireland

There was only one person in charge of the hostel who did everything inside of it (assistance, breakfast, ..). He couldnt do all of it by himself because it is a very big hostel for just one person. That is why I have rated the cleanliness so low, there was no one to clean the bathrooms which were very dirty since I arrived at noon of a saturday and went the following morning.

thanks for booking with us, we have 3 cleaner that clean the hostel and they actually do a very good job but we are open to critics and we will endevour to continue improving based on your review. we hope next time you visit there will be a better service from us

The security of the zone was good, but the room system was awful. They give you a key with numbers and letters that they never change, so if I came back I could come into a room that it's not mine... And towels for 2 pounds? Too much. However the rooms are not bad, the noise wasn't loud and the beds have curtains, which gives you more privacy. The bathrooms were clean.

Thank you for your comment, we change the codes every month and also our staff checks the rooms daily to avoid any strangers going into the rooms. We are happy you like the room and we hope we to see you again.

Definitely lacking in services/space for guests although I wasn't too bothered as I spent most of my time out in London instead. Bed space was tiny and not the most comfortable mattress. The wifi was often unable to connect, probably overloaded. I've got more for my money elsewhere and probably would prefer to go elsewhere next time. Good connection on Northern line to west end area for shows etc. but it's reliant on that and is otherwise not in an area that offers anything to see or do.

Sorry for any inconvenience you had in our hostel. We have corrected the wi-fi issue and we are always striving to improve our services to make you feel like at home.

This is the worst hostel ever! There is actually an apology on the door when you get in from the manager saying that he is not able to find decent staff! And it's true! They are unfriendly and not willing to help. They even rented out my bed twice, so in the middle of the night suddenly a guy climbs in my bed. saying he paid for it too This is not a discussion you want to have a midnight! The good thing was I only had to stay there one night. I wouldn't have stayed a second.

It would be nice if there was a table in the kitchen so we can sit and eat food we make

• 24th Sep 2013

This was a great hostel for the price and location in London! Just a short walk from the Underground station which connected you to everything, reliable wifi throughout the hostel (including rooms) lockers for your valuables, powerpoints and reading lights for each bed. The common area was great too, plenty of space and a good atmosphere to meet people. The staff were great aside from the girl who worked in the mornings who was slow, unhelpful + unsociable. The bathrooms and rooms were clean.

The Man in charge was very rude /aggressive just because I complained that we had to sign for and pay a deposit to borrow a cup or plate! never had that in other hostels

Staff was extremely rude and ignorant. Did not seem to care about anything at all.

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Sweden

I slept good...sheets were clean...bathroom was clean also...people were friendly...

• 14th Aug 2013

Not close to anything major in London but very close to a tube stop, so it was easy getting into the center of the city. Kept clean but did have some broken door handles, etc. that could be fixed to give it a better atmosphere. Felt pretty safe there with the codes needed to get into the room. Also, appreciated the free breakfast although it was served on a bar surrounded by tables making it quite cramped and narrow. Not the best hostel I have stayed at but for the money it is a good value.

To many beds for the size of the room and the bathroom was really poor. The breakfast wasn't good either. The value of money wasn't worth for the facilities.

• 26th Jul 2013

Room security was great with coded access, but there was very limited locker space in the room, six lockers for fifteen beds. The fifteen bed dorm is five triple bunk beds. Wifi access in rooms and lounge was good. Limited kitchen access, so it was difficult for us to fill our water bottles since they were not supposed to do so at the bar. Pretty good location about three blocks from an underground station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7