Jucy Hotel Reviews

62 Emily Place, Downtown, Auckland, New Zealand

No Rating

Great shower

Nice cheap basic room. Good sized room but shared bathroom and toilets could be cleaner.

staff was very friendly and always very helpful

DODGY! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The original hotel I booked was "Aspen House Hotel", however, with no notification the hotel was taken over by "Jucy Hotel". Hotel under renovations - room was even worse! Rickety bunk bed, even though I booked 2 twin singles, the room stunk of paint and the windows were broken, so couldn't get fresh air. Toilets leaking and no toilet paper for the 3 days I was there. Showers were disgusting - a fungal cesspool!!! Reception couldn't speak english and knew nothing!

Hi and Thanks for your feedback, but surprised to hear your comments now as nothing was mentioned to us during your stay. The hotel has just been renovated and re-opened as JUCY Hotel 4 weeks prior to your stay. Your room has brand new carpet, paint, electrical fittings, linen, bed and mattress. The windows in this room appear to be working, and bathrooms are cleaned daily. We take all feedback seriously, and will use your comments to motivate our staff to perform even better! If you have any further feedback or would like me to look into your comments further please email them me on lucy@jucy.co.nz along with your contact details. Thanks- Lucy.

Decent enough hotel. A budget breakfast is included plus tea/coffee all day. Good location for Queen St. I would stay again

The room I was given was a miserable drab one on the lower ground floor, and only one shower on the floor too. Seen better.

Stayed on for another 3 nights. Was a bit expensive booking direct as opposed to booking online....But would stay again as the location is good and they have bike storage.

A good place to start your trip as it's on a pretty quiet street. Not much night life though, but a good amount of quiet.

Just stayed overnight. Checked in late in the evening without any problems. Staff were excellent both for check in and check out and I hope they are adequately compensated by management as they are doing a good job. Breakfast was fairly basic but food was good quality and there was plenty.

worst one i have stayed BY FAR

Guest didnt mention anything to staff who would have attempted to remedy. No specific details given so unable to disprove or remedy.

I enjoyed it!

very small rooms. close to airport. it is alright for a one night stop, but boring for longer stay

I chose to stay here because I wanted a private room for the night and in the back packers it's pretty much the same price. I had a double ensuite in the new bit and it was really nice, GREAT shower. Good to catch up on sleep but not much fun for meeting people etc.

This place was in a great location, just a short walk from the downtown. It was quiet, but safe feeling, at night. The staff were really helpful and easy to talk to. Would highly recommend.

One of the best budget hotels I've stayed in. Ideal if you need to be near Auckland Uni

this isthe worst hostel I have ever stayed at - it calls itself a hotel and it really shouldnt - every hostel we have stayed at in New Zealand has been fantastic and great value - this was neither, it was dirty, the rooms were damp and musty, and the pictures provided of the rooms are not the same in any way, they are completely different, its basically false advertising, unless they just stick the backpackers in the most disgusting rooms. We also had to pay $10 for parking, would not recommend to anyone.

The breakfast is good enough to start the day with. The place is reasonably clean, but some spots don't get enough attention. The beds are too soft, but I slept well on the lower mattress only.

would choose it again.

Lovely little b'n'b, would go back next time.

our booking was confirmed and when we turned up the second night was non existant. Very annoying but was able to be accomodated for.