Jugendgaestehaus Linz Reviews

Stanglhofweg 3, Linz, Austria

The location is about 30 mins from the downtown, and the path is not always nice, but it is located in the forest and gives opportunity to a very nice walk around! The staff is kind and very helpful. Since the breakfast is included, worthy for the price.

The hostel is clean, quiet and I think the location is ideal (4 bus stops tops to both Hauptplatz and Hauptbahnhof). Or you can go on foot it's really not that far. The staff was super nice, no complaints there. It's too bad there is no wifi in the rooms but at least we did not just lie around in the room during our visit.

The Hostel itself was great: Very Clean, Had a common room, games room & vending machines etc.. But being young travellers inter-railing around Europe with the intention of meeting people on our journey, this was most definitely not the place to stay. The few people who occupied the hostel were families passing through on the way to somewhere else. I'm sure that Linz is nice in some parts, but as tourists we definitely did not see this side! Pay a little extra and stay in Salzburg or Vienna!

It was a very good hostel, clean, beautiful rooms.

• 28th Jul 2015

I spend very little time in the hostel and frankly only remember that we had a massive bunk room while we had only booked a simple double, we didn't have to pay any extra though so that was nice. Otherwise it was reasonably reachable and in a nice place in the city.

Not the best hostel i've stayed at especially for the price! The room was not cleaned and the beds that others were sleeping in were not changed while I was there. The building feels more like collage accomodation than a hostel. My key-card stopped working and was left to sleep in the lobby as the reception was closed at night. I attempted to phone the emergency number the man I woke up at the other end did not speak english and I get the feeling he did not know what was going on!

Friendly welcome, clean rooms and a short walk to the city centre. What more could one want? Thanks!

• 21st Jul 2015

I felt that the hostel was overpriced. The rooms lacked any atmosphere, there was basic furniture and that was it. The toilets did not have hand soap. There was not wifi access in the rooms.

everything cool except internet - only in lobby...

Big room for not too many people, with bath isolated enough from the beds (for noise). Quite a decent official HI hostel.

Was very hard for me to find Jugendgaestehaus! When I went out from bus at Froschberg, was no sign nowhere, also later at some turns - no signs. You have to guess a lot where it is and hope you go good way. Place to stay is so nice and looking so good, in good standard, so you should put everywhere signs that you are there!!! :) :) :)

• 24th May 2015