Jugendgästehaus Lichterfelde Reviews

Osdorfer Str. 121, Berlin, Germany

The breakfast provided was really great! Overall value for my money spent here was very good, would stay here again!

• 3rd Apr 2015

It's exactly as described. Dorms are huge and the place is underwhelming. It is cheap though.

No kitchen, very limited breakfast hours,

The staff was fantastic! The location, however, was a little difficult because of the work they are currently doing on the U8. Our Heizung did not warm the room well, however our experience overall was very positive.

• 28th Mar 2015

Positive points: in spite of the hostel being far away from berlin downtown, it is located right beside of a Sbahn (metro) station! The breakfast is very good, the hostel is calm and the rooms have enough space. It is close to many supermarkets, mc donalds and restaurants as well. The only negative point that really needs a change: Better structure in the bathrooms. Since they are colletive, it would be nice to have some kind of boards close to the showers to hang your towels, clothes...

Nice stay with very good value of money with breakfast included. Very helpful and friendly staff and the room is neat and comfy. Shortcomings is the noise outside form the corridor could be hear clearly. Quite remote from the city center but the hostel is very near to the S bahn and it's not s problem, 15 minutes is enough to arrive the Brandenburg gate.

Location is a bit off the center but directly next to a subway station. Breakfast is excellent.

I stayed in the New Year, so the hostel was fully occupied. But this was not a problem , even to take a shower or something like this. The breakfast is really good! The only problem could be the location. The hostel is really next to the S- station. However, this station is very far from the centre and the famous things in Berlin. It take 20 minutes or more.

The wifi didn't work in the rooms

The breakfast was delicious. Altghough it's far from the city centre, the S-Bahn entrance is almost beside the hostel and you can get a day ticket, what is really worth for moving around Berlin. The staff is very friendly and is up to help you anytime!

We arrived in Berlin for the weekend with car to do some sightseeing. The hostel had his own free parking space which was great for us. We were assigned Private ensuite although we had booked 2beds in 6bed dorm. Another great thing. The hostel is next to both bus stop and S Bahn, which is very very convenient. The hostel was clean, heating was working fine, maybe a little to less soundproof but nothing significant. Wi-Fi was working great all over the hostel. BREAKFAST WAS AMAZING !!!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

When I arrived and when I left nobody was at the reception. I was provided with no bed linen. I did not get any payment receipt.

Daily room cleaning could have been better. Moreover, I arrived on a sunday morning, nobody was at the recepition desk and the keys to my room were nowere to be found, so I had to call a number in order to get them, which I fund a little annoying. However, breakfast was excellent!

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Norway

Pretty decent hostel. What I found incredibly annoying, however, was that you're told to check out by 10 am, yet on the morning of my check out a guy came into my room at 8:30 am, even though I had locked the door, and when he saw I was still in bed, he left without saying anything or closing the door behind him. I've seen other guests comment about this as well. It's really not difficult. If you want people to leave earlier, set an earlier check out time. No other complaints though. Great WiFi.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Romania

The private room was very spacious and cozy. I liked the breakfast and the staff were extremely friendly. It is slightly far away from HBF but very close to the s bahn metro station making it a really good choice.