Jugendgästehaus Lichterfelde Reviews

Osdorfer Str. 121, Berlin, Germany

Awesome Breakfast Buffet; Nice Room; Clean Washing Room; Walls are thin - but no problem for me

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Austria

Excellent hostel, very clean. Building feels like a hospital but good vale for money

Hostel is about a 25 minute train ride from the main station. No wifi in rooms, only on ground floor in common area, which is just an empty room with a few chairs in it. I depend on wifi to keep in touch with my family, especially since my Dad is ill. After finding out that there was no wifi in the rooms I had to check out without even spending the night. I've been traveling for months now and never encountered this issue before.

The place is really worth the money, actually I would say it was more than my expectations: the breakfast, the room, the staff...I would really recommend this place to people who want to explore Berlin cheap. There was only one issue that it was a bit noisy during the night.

• 19th Sep 2015

You definitely get a value for your money. The bathrooms are always clean and so is the rest of the hostel. The beds are big and comfy. The breakfast buffet is definitely very good and filling. The only problem we really did have is that the place doesn't really have that hostel feel (could do with some paint and decorations) and the reception was almost never open so that made things a bit difficult as we couldn't get the necessary info on arrival etc. The price was good though and worth it

Great breakfast. The best place if you want to sleep very well.

nice place to stay at. great breakfast, very nice staff whos willing to help in whatever you need. great value for money

If one were to look up "luscious" in websters dictionary, they would find a photo of this hostel's breakfast. If one were to look up "no good scum of the earth old man thief" they would find a photo of the aging cur who stole 300 euro from us during the aforementioned luscious breakfast. Sortof a double edged sword, that meal. At least the train was only a minutes walk away ... Of course it takes twenty minutes to exit suburbia, but with the idyllic scenery of 70's era warehouses etc who cares?

It was nice, clean and uncomplicated. Therefore the hostel needs an update, a new painting would help, and the street is noisy.

Location and free parking are awesome, very close to train, easy access to Berlin downtown and free breakfast is a plus for us. Just a couple things they could do better, first there is no staff(as mentioned) so we had to call in the number to find where our key is. So we have to paid for Roaming charge to the phone company to call in(wasn't plan to pay for that). I say maybe you could just email us where is our key in advance. Second the shower curtains in lady's should change.

Unfortunately there were no balls in soccer in TV room.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Poland

We knew this hostel was located far from the city center, but please do keep in mind that you will absolutely have to use the train to get into Berlin. The staff were nice when we saw them, but rarely ever at the reception. It was affordable for a private room, but the beds were extremely uncomfortable and there was no A/C. There is no kitchen, but there is a small closet with a tea kettle and tea, a microwave, and fridge. Breakfast was quite good. It was almost empty and had no atmosphere.

The place is great with a good breakfast and safely and all services are available and the team helpful

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Egypt

It is a good place, clean, great breakfast, it is a bit far but if you take S-Bahn, you are in the city centre in less than half an hour. I would recommend it and stay next time.

The place is great, very friendly, with delicious breakfast and useful little kitchenette. The only thing I hate about this hostel is showers. Dirty shower curtains, offering no privacy, absolutely no place to put your clothes or cosmetics except for the dirty floor, unpleasant power shower getting straight into your eyes with no possible control of the water

Me and my girlfriend stayed there for 2 days. First of all we thaught it was too far away from the city. However it takes only 15 minutes with S-Bahn and its very close to the place. They also have breakfast and a common tea room (where u can cook microwave food and boil water). I advice the place for newcomers. Don't hesitate, just stay there.

Absolutely lovely staff. We had to stay another unplanned night and arrived at the hostel after reception had closed, but they ere lovely and someone drove in to give us a room. Breakfast is included and it is a great buffet. The hostel is right next to an S bahn station which is about a 20 minute ride into town. It runs all night and is frequent. Staff did seem little disorganised on arrival but overall our stay was wonderful

Nice value for money, wonderful breakfast, but the walls so thin I could hear my neighbour as if we were living in the same room. I´m just happy he didn´t snore :)

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Slovakia

A bit far from the city centre but we had rail passes so it was free to travel with the S-Bahn which was great. The hostel itself is really nice, great breakfast, comfortable rooms. Only problem is the staff isn't always there which we found kind of wierd.

A really good hostel but really far from the city center, there is a metro station really near though and it takes at least 45 minutes to go to the center of Berlin, a taxi costs around 30 euros so if u r planning to go out to party you have to consider that extra cost in ur budget.