Jugendgästehaus Lichterfelde Reviews

Osdorfer Str. 121, Berlin, Germany

I would improve the room door quality. Current ones do not isolate any noises, I really mean any! :)

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Very nice hostel with good helpful staff. The rooms were clean and tidy. However, the reception wasn't 24 hours and so anyone could potentially come in the main door as there weren't any additional security features. It isn't really a place to meet people as it's further out in the city by about 20 minutes so unfortunately the location isn't great. The showers could also be improved as they have a push button that is on a timer that randomly stops so you have to keep on pressing it.

• 21st Jul 2014

The staff is really awesome. Reception isn't 24 hrs but they are very accommodating, just contact them. Breakfast is included which is beautiful and the place is kept spotless. 25 mins outside Berlin but the station is right there. VERY easy to get to and from. I highly recommend to anyone. For the price, you can't beat it.

The staff at Jugendgästhaus Lichterfelde were so friendly and welcoming. They really take care of you there, and they are very willing to help. Unfortunately there only seems to be Wifi connection on the ground floor. There is a very nice, shady lounging area with picnic tables and benches in the garden where you can also access internet and relax, talk with people, etc. The location is removed from the center of the city and in a nice neighborhood. Very near the Osdorfer Straße S-bahn stop.

• 17th Jul 2014

This is a YOUTH hostel, meaning it can be pretty loud at nighttime when you're trying to sleep. We didnt really think of that, and it was pretty annoying but everything else was great except the shared bathroom could use a better clean. Included breakfast and very good price made it an enjoyable visit still tho.

Everything is ok, they are kind and have a good service even the price is good but the last day someone stole all my money so if you will be there you need to keep your valuable things and don't trust nobody

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Good and cheap place, free best breakfast of all hostels we were on our interrail.

Very good and helpful information after your booking from the hostel,good price for this vibrant never sleeping City.

• 25th Jun 2014

The hostel is situated south of berlin and it takes 25 min to get there by tram. A good point is that the hostel is 2 minutes from the tram station! About the personnel, they were not available 24/7 at the entrance so if you needed them you had to ring a bell but they were not always answering. Also, they say they have a guest kitchen but it is actually a microwave and a teepot/coffepot. So don't go there if you prefer to prepare your food. Outside of that, for the price, the hostel was good!

Did all our laundry for just 3 euros, which was brilliant. Its easy to find but it is a 10-20 minutes S-Bahn journey from the centre. Make sure you play the Royal Game of Ur if you stay! :P

It is a good place if you just wanna sleep, because it is kind of far from the main touristic points and parties and also, it is more like a hostel for children. When I was there huge groups of children were around and I even checked advises to avoid consumption of alcohol. Anyway, the staff is awesome and like in my case, I was just searching for flats to rent, so I didn't need to go to the city so often. It takes around 40 minutes to arrive in Berlin Mitte.

I did inform the hostel about my late check-in time few days before my arrival. To my horror, there was no one at the reception when I reached the hostel. I called the staff and one lady picked up the call and asked me to look for my room key which she placed in a dustbin outside the hostel! I couldn't find the key and had to contact that lady again. After waiting for about 30 minutes, one man finally came to assist. My roaming charges for making the calls was much more expensive than the room!

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

very friendly and flexible staff. was negatively suprised to find that guest were expected to bring their own bed sheets/ covers or rent them for 3€ per person. but on the other hand all you can eat breakfast was included. all in all the experience was very good.

• 2nd May 2014

Perfect stay in great privat villa. Good breakfast. Great hospitality. You will will there like at home.

Staff are nice and helpful. Places are clean. Breakfast is included. Only 15 min from the Potsdamer Platz by metro. Wifi in common area only but not inside the room. It will be better if there is a locker in the room. Highly recommend this hostel, especially for those who would like to have a quiet and peaceful stay.

We absolutely loved the place!😘