Jugendgästehaus Lichterfelde Reviews

Osdorfer Str. 121, Berlin, Germany

We knew this hostel was located far from the city center, but please do keep in mind that you will absolutely have to use the train to get into Berlin. The staff were nice when we saw them, but rarely ever at the reception. It was affordable for a private room, but the beds were extremely uncomfortable and there was no A/C. There is no kitchen, but there is a small closet with a tea kettle and tea, a microwave, and fridge. Breakfast was quite good. It was almost empty and had no atmosphere.

The place is great with a good breakfast and safely and all services are available and the team helpful

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Egypt

It is a good place, clean, great breakfast, it is a bit far but if you take S-Bahn, you are in the city centre in less than half an hour. I would recommend it and stay next time.

Very clean hostel and friendly staff. It is a bit out of town, so you have to take the S Bahn everyday to get into the heart of Berlin. The free breakfast was probably the best I've had at a hostel. The only issue was that the wifi only works downstairs, so depending on the time of day, that area might be packed with people using it.

The place is great, very friendly, with delicious breakfast and useful little kitchenette. The only thing I hate about this hostel is showers. Dirty shower curtains, offering no privacy, absolutely no place to put your clothes or cosmetics except for the dirty floor, unpleasant power shower getting straight into your eyes with no possible control of the water

Me and my girlfriend stayed there for 2 days. First of all we thaught it was too far away from the city. However it takes only 15 minutes with S-Bahn and its very close to the place. They also have breakfast and a common tea room (where u can cook microwave food and boil water). I advice the place for newcomers. Don't hesitate, just stay there.

Absolutely lovely staff. We had to stay another unplanned night and arrived at the hostel after reception had closed, but they ere lovely and someone drove in to give us a room. Breakfast is included and it is a great buffet. The hostel is right next to an S bahn station which is about a 20 minute ride into town. It runs all night and is frequent. Staff did seem little disorganised on arrival but overall our stay was wonderful

Nice value for money, wonderful breakfast, but the walls so thin I could hear my neighbour as if we were living in the same room. I´m just happy he didn´t snore :)

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Slovakia

A bit far from the city centre but we had rail passes so it was free to travel with the S-Bahn which was great. The hostel itself is really nice, great breakfast, comfortable rooms. Only problem is the staff isn't always there which we found kind of wierd.

A really good hostel but really far from the city center, there is a metro station really near though and it takes at least 45 minutes to go to the center of Berlin, a taxi costs around 30 euros so if u r planning to go out to party you have to consider that extra cost in ur budget.

Pros: comfortable beds, free wifi in the lobby, very good breakfast,good showers,cheap, good communication. Cons: no ventilation in the rooms, very noisy because it is near the road, no wifi in the rooms, no lockers, too far from the center,I didn't see the staff in 4 days

Very laid back and calm atmophere. Not exactly like a party hostel but i can see why som might prefer the quieter scene. Its an easy ride into he main city on train. Great spot right next to tracks. The cushions in the common TV area are a bit dra but thn again it is a common area. I liked it, however it did get reallreallt hot and stdstdfy in the rooms at nigtnigt even with he window open. L

1 2 Next » last »