Jugendgästehaus Lichterfelde Reviews

Osdorfer Str. 121, Berlin, Germany

Staff were welcoming and friendly. When I arrived, they gave me the keys right away without immediately asking me to pay the balance, which was nice because I was tired and wanted to relax. The breakfast included is filling. Not extraordinary food, but for no extra cost at an already cheap room rate of 15 euros per night is pretty good.

Did all our laundry for just 3 euros, which was brilliant. Its easy to find but it is a 10-20 minutes S-Bahn journey from the centre. Make sure you play the Royal Game of Ur if you stay! :P

It is a good place if you just wanna sleep, because it is kind of far from the main touristic points and parties and also, it is more like a hostel for children. When I was there huge groups of children were around and I even checked advises to avoid consumption of alcohol. Anyway, the staff is awesome and like in my case, I was just searching for flats to rent, so I didn't need to go to the city so often. It takes around 40 minutes to arrive in Berlin Mitte.

I did inform the hostel about my late check-in time few days before my arrival. To my horror, there was no one at the reception when I reached the hostel. I called the staff and one lady picked up the call and asked me to look for my room key which she placed in a dustbin outside the hostel! I couldn't find the key and had to contact that lady again. After waiting for about 30 minutes, one man finally came to assist. My roaming charges for making the calls was much more expensive than the room!

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

very friendly and flexible staff. was negatively suprised to find that guest were expected to bring their own bed sheets/ covers or rent them for 3€ per person. but on the other hand all you can eat breakfast was included. all in all the experience was very good.

• 2nd May 2014

Perfect stay in great privat villa. Good breakfast. Great hospitality. You will will there like at home.

1 2 Next » last »