Jugendherberge Hamburg-Auf dem Stintfang Reviews

Alfred-Wegener Weg 5, Hamburg, Germany

Great location: less than 15 min walking from St. Pauli (party and pubs neighbourhood) and 10 min with train from the Hauptbahnhof. The included breakfast is great, but there aren't that many options for lunch in the hostel bar. They offer dinner for about 7 euros, but I didn't try it. My only complaint is the WiFi: it doesn't work in the rooms and even in the restaurant and reception it's not that good.

• 1st Jan 2016

It was my 3rd to stay in Jungendherberge hostel. Every time in there I am really satisfied about their facility, service and breakfast! If I visit Hamburg again, then I am sure that I will visit there as well. Very good location near amazing harbor :)

Sneaky fine print led to a shock at check in: price bumped up for not being a Hostelling International member, and again for being over 26. I don't mind paying more, but expect transparency in the pricing. To make it worse, only one staff member (tall bloke, dark hair, prominent jaw) had English level required to explain it, and he was aggressive and rude. Also, of the 15 hostels across Europe I've stayed at this year, the facilities here were the most lacking, and the price among the highest.

Very nice and clean place excellent location. The hostel required a special membership, they charged me over 7 EUR extra . I did not see this extra requirement in the confirmation I received via Hostelword - in the section of booking conditions. It was a complete surrpise for me, the fact appeared to me at the arrival on the 16th November 2015 at the hostel after talking to the personnel at the reception desk. Yours sincerely

Gefehlt hat ein Badvorleger sowie Handwaschseife. Alles wirkt sehr steril. Ich denke das klnnte man gemütlicher gestalten.

I didn't stay here. Hostel world could you please remove my email from your site. This is absolutely ridiculous. I keep getting booking confirmation emails from you. Please fix this

This hostel is pretty amazing. in the Commons is brand new, the location is awesome for taking pictures (people actually go to the hostel's location to take pictures of the river and the sunset), getting around (the hostel is just a flight of stairs away from the train station and I managed to do it with 40kgs on my back) and also close to the night life area (although I like that very much).

A little more description about the location is needed. It just says 200 m from the station. In reality, it's 200m in height so basically up the hill! Could indicate routes for travellers esp with heavy bags!!

• 25th Sep 2015

Wifi is really weak and only available in public area. Need more instructions about how to arrive the hostel. It's on a hill !!! Not really easy to find it, esp in the night. No hairdryer. Staff were nice.

Rubbish kitchen, didn't spend much time at the hostel so we had a really nice time!

Very nice location, very friendly stuff and great facilities. Would definitely stay again!

Good location, awesome breakfast and friendly staff!!! but there are few bathrooms and all of them are dirt... but if I go to Hamburg again I guess I will stay there!