8.5
Fabulous 431 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 431 Total Reviews
Jugendherberge Hamburg-Auf dem Stintfang Located at Alfred-Wegener Weg 5, , Hamburg.
Germany
Hamburg 20459 Alfred-Wegener Weg 5
85% 431
53.5470050 9.9720295
    Rooms available

17th Aug 2016

Great location just beside the train station and in the hostel, there is a great vision for the harbour. The stuff are extremely helpful and friendly. Wifi is only available in the common area. And food is great!

29th Jul 2016
4.3

I arrive at hostel late because of the bus delay, but although I've contacted them in advance they still cancel my reservation and move me to another room for higher price. The wifi in this hostel is SUCKS! not even any signal in the room and even lobbyis super weak.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

Overall this was a nice hostel with top security and a great location. The staff were very nice and helpful with directions and assistance. In regards to the atmosphere, unfortunately I found myself being one of the few 18-25 year old people in this 'Youth Hostel', if you are a solo traveler and planning to meet people from the hostel to have a few drinks with, this may not be the best place.

• Argentina, Female, 31-40
19th May 2016

the hostel is very nice, so are the staff and the location. I would have loved to meet people my age (it was full of students or eleder couples) and to have wifi in my bedroom. However, I really enjoyed my stay there, I felt comfortable and safe and Hamburg is awesome.

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th May 2016

Very loud on Friday nights. Good place for the party scene but a bit of a walk to the station. Very secure! Guest kitchen didn't even have a fridge so let us down a little but the free breakfast was amazing!

12th May 2016

My favorite hostel, I have stayed here three times. I've traveled to all fifty states and 39 countries and even stood in North Korea. This is perhaps the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Excellent location in Hamburg, staff speaks English, exceeded expectations. I arrived late 12:30 in the morning and the staff wrote no show on my reservation. I was told to notify the hostel in advance next time if I arrived late or I might lose my reservation. Took boat cruise, city tour , Lion King opera.

1st May 2016

Fantastic breakfast ! The terrace over the river is nice too.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

Great stay, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, handy location

18th Apr 2016
7.4

This hostel advertises itself as a youth hostel but it is not. There were several older people staying in my room which is fine but not if it is advertised as youth. There is not much atmosphere as the common room is more of a cafeteria. The wifi is slow and doesn't reach the rooms so you have to use it in the common room. The location is good and right next to a train station.

• England, Female, 41+
10th Apr 2016
7.4

1st: The Staff are excellent! Very welcoming, kind, helpful & sympathetic. 2nd: The breakfasts were lovely. 3rd: The view of the harbour is great. 2 small problems. The hostel's at top of a hill. We heaved our heavy cases up lots of steps frm the rail stn. Their lift was broken, & so were our backs! I have back pain anyway, so we wld have liked a taxi! The hostel lift outside didn't work! We have to ask, but we didn't know it. Then no fridge in Members' kitchen, so our food rotted.