8.5
Fabulous 408 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 408 Total Reviews
Jugendherberge Hamburg-Auf dem Stintfang Located at Alfred-Wegener Weg 5, , Hamburg.
Germany
Hamburg 20459 Alfred-Wegener Weg 5
85% 408
53.5470050 9.9720295
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th May 2016

Very loud on Friday nights. Good place for the party scene but a bit of a walk to the station. Very secure! Guest kitchen didn't even have a fridge so let us down a little but the free breakfast was amazing!

1st May 2016

Fantastic breakfast ! The terrace over the river is nice too.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

Great stay, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, handy location

18th Apr 2016
7.4

This hostel advertises itself as a youth hostel but it is not. There were several older people staying in my room which is fine but not if it is advertised as youth. There is not much atmosphere as the common room is more of a cafeteria. The wifi is slow and doesn't reach the rooms so you have to use it in the common room. The location is good and right next to a train station.

• England, Female, 41+
10th Apr 2016
7.4

1st: The Staff are excellent! Very welcoming, kind, helpful & sympathetic. 2nd: The breakfasts were lovely. 3rd: The view of the harbour is great. 2 small problems. The hostel's at top of a hill. We heaved our heavy cases up lots of steps frm the rail stn. Their lift was broken, & so were our backs! I have back pain anyway, so we wld have liked a taxi! The hostel lift outside didn't work! We have to ask, but we didn't know it. Then no fridge in Members' kitchen, so our food rotted.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2016
8.0

the staff are very friendly and helpful; the ones I interacted with all spoke perfect English. the rooms and common areas are cleaned daily, and the building is in a very convenient location right above the metro station at the dockside, so you can access most central sights/neighborhoods by walking. when I think there was a school group there when I was staying there as the place was overrun by kids. the included breakfast is good; be sure to ask for kitchen access for your other meals

• Argentina, Female, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

Staying in the hostel was a great experience. Allthough I only stayed for One night, I loved this place. Specially Its wonderfull port's view. I Would recommend It.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
1st Jan 2016

Great location: less than 15 min walking from St. Pauli (party and pubs neighbourhood) and 10 min with train from the Hauptbahnhof. The included breakfast is great, but there aren't that many options for lunch in the hostel bar. They offer dinner for about 7 euros, but I didn't try it. My only complaint is the WiFi: it doesn't work in the rooms and even in the restaurant and reception it's not that good.

• South Korea, Male, 18-24
12th Dec 2015

It was my 3rd to stay in Jungendherberge hostel. Every time in there I am really satisfied about their facility, service and breakfast! If I visit Hamburg again, then I am sure that I will visit there as well. Very good location near amazing harbor :)

• Australia, Female, 31-40
27th Nov 2015
4.3

Sneaky fine print led to a shock at check in: price bumped up for not being a Hostelling International member, and again for being over 26. I don't mind paying more, but expect transparency in the pricing. To make it worse, only one staff member (tall bloke, dark hair, prominent jaw) had English level required to explain it, and he was aggressive and rude. Also, of the 15 hostels across Europe I've stayed at this year, the facilities here were the most lacking, and the price among the highest.