Jugendherberge Hamburg-Horner Rennbahn Reviews

Rennbahnstrasse 100, Hamburg, Germany

What I liked: 24h-Service, friendly staff, good breakfast, parking place, doors locked What I didn't like so much: small rooms, doors can not be closed silently, daily rate to pay In general I find DJH-Hostels quite expensive. They are all offering equipment for conferences and such - and a normal traveller has to pay for all that.

The location is a bit far from city center. Breakfast is good. But the public bathroom is really ugly which should be improved

A bit far away from the underground station. But good rooms and a very delicious breakfast.

The free breakfast was great, and there are lots of common areas. However, I did not see any other backpackers during my stay. It was mostly families. Everyone in my dorm seemed to be in a group, and turned the light on at 1 AM and kept me up for about an hour, and then did the same at 6 AM. Usually I can drown out noise by putting headphones in, but there was no WIFI in the rooms (and barely worked in the lobby) so I couldn't put anything on. Would only recommend as a last resort.

There is no Wi-Fi in the rooms. Even for the Wi-Fi in the lobby, you are given just one set of username/password which works on just one device. You have to pay extra for the next device.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • India

Awful location. nothing around, not even a fast food. Very far from city center. No wifi in the rooms. Otherwise ok : clean, good breakfast, lockers in the room

Staff is great, far from city center and atmosphere is not that good for solo traveller. No lift on every room level. Toilet and shower is on different room, it would be nice if they are on the same room. though overall it is a pleasant stay.

Don't miss out on the roof lounge... even in bad weather a definitive sight.