Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Everything was great. We feel really confortable at Jumba Hostel. Amazing breakfast included and the staff is absolutely kind and helpful. Couldn't be better. We'll certainly go back. Thanks Lahika, Alev and Adrian!

Adrian, the breakfast & boutique lobby area are all great. No complaints. The only dorm room is in the basement. This means the room is always damp, dark, and stuffy (it lacks real air flow). It feels lonely. The beds are just ok but the blankets & pillow are damp. The furniture is also uninspiring & lacks the love and creativity that you see in the lobby photos. The bathroom is also unloved. I want to like this hostel, but for the comparatively steep dorm bed price, I was expecting a bit more.

Very nice, clean and comfortable hostel. The owners are extremely friendly and make you feel like a guest in their home from the very start, arriving at the hostel even feels like going into a friend's living room. The rooms are very nicely decorated, the roof-terrace is a great place for relaxing and the breakfast is very complete. We will definitely come again whenever we find ourselves in Istanbul again, greatly recommend!

Very nice little Hostel with helpful staff! Free drinking water and tea/coffee all the time was great. Good value for money!

Very very nice hostel! Definetly i'll be back!

Normally I never post reviews for hostels - but I thought I'd make an exception. Because the Jumba Hostel was such an excellent stay. Lahika and Elav run a small and cozy hostel in the very cool area of Beyoglu. The hostel is very well managed and is kept very clean. The best part is that you wake up to a free cooked breakfast every morning. Lahika and Elav are always around to provide eating/visiting tips. I highly recommend for a unique experience of Istanbul.

• 4th May 2015

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I’m sold! Lahrika and family and friends are amazing. Rooms were clean, the location was great and I always felt safe. Breakfast was delicious, tea & coffee were always an option… and even snacks if needed. These wonderful sisters quickly became our friends and through their kindness and introductions, we even connected with other hostel guests. By the end of the visit, we referred to them as our hostel family! Jumba rocks!

• 11th Apr 2015

We had a great time at Jumba hostel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was welcoming and cozy. The room was clean and nicely decorated and the location was great. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• 10th Apr 2015

I had originally intended to stay at Jumba Hostel for two nights however, I had such a wonderful time that I decided to stay for a week! The staff are what make Jumba great - welcoming, with an acute knowledge of leafy, literary Chianger and surrounding areas. Breakfast is made with love each morning, with laughs a plenty as guests chat with staff about their plans are for the day. This is the kind of place that exemplifies what hostel travelling is all about.

• 7th Apr 2015

Nicely located hostel, right in the middle of Beyoglu. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly small, though. The bathroom was more like a closet than a room. There's limited opportunities for interaction with other guests. The hostel did not appear to organise social gatherings when we were there. It felt more like a b

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms and beds were very clean. Great location, just a 5 minute walk from the cities best nightlife. This is a small, intimate place, with only 5 or 6 people staying in the entire place, so It's a nice and quiet atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it to travelers looking for a peaceful place to sleep.

• 30th Mar 2015

Small hostel with a nice atmosphere. Free breakfast in the morning was nice and the owners had nice recommendations about where to go etc. It was a little loud at night with cars blasting loud music driving past etc so make sure to bring earplugs.

A very lovely hostel indeed. It's in a great area, close by to everything you would want in Cihangar and Beyoğlu. As it is in a city location there is a little bit of city noise. The staff are very welcoming, helpful and make Jumba Hostel a very welcome place to spend time. The private double room was nicely decorated and wonderfully cosy.

Room was very small, but we didn't mind. Staff was very helpful, breakfast was great and location was awesome. We would recommend.

That was my second stay there in the last two years ans it became my home address when in Istanbul. The sisters Alev, Eda and Lahika are great and their warm welcome at first makes you feel at home. The hostel is not so big and hence not so crowded, which makes conversations with other guests much more easier. It has also a useful collection of travel books on Europe and Istanbul. Go and stay there at the heart of Istanbul and you will have no worries about your stay. Thank you sisters!

it's down the street from a car park so things can get a little loud on Friday and Saturday nights; that's not Jumba's fault, just a heads-up. The staff were super friendly and very helpful and the beds in the dorm were comfortable enough. Would recommend.

The best hostel that I never had been! It not a topical hostel, it's a boutique hotel! All clean, the rooms are very clean and beautiful! And the breakfast it's the best! The staf deal to do everything good!! I'll recommend it!

The hostel is located in the charming neighbourhood of cuckurcuma, it is well kept, the staff are extra nice and helpful, and the overall atmosphere is relaxed.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Israel

Great hostel with an incredibly nice and helpful staff. It was the perfect location for our 4 days in Istanbul! Both nightlife and the main sights were pretty close to the hostel and easily accessible on foot. When I come back I will definitely stay here again.

The rooms were decent sized. I checked out the private rooms as well as the four person bunk room downstairs. the bunk room was very small, and a tight fit even for a hostel. This is a very calm hostel, only 12 people max in the entire place, a home cooked omelet in the morning with some bread and veggies. The rent was fairly inexpensive, and for the location, you are a 3 minute walk to the main strip with all of the restaurants and bars.

• 5th Feb 2015