Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

This should definitely be referred to as a hotel. The three sisters who own this hostel are all extremely nice and very helpful. They make you feel comfortable and at home from the second you walk in the door. Te hostel has a great feel to it and the interior looks great. It is also in a good location close to the Main Street of Istanbul. I would highly recommend this hostel and I would definitely stay there again.

Thank you, Eda, Alev and Lahika, for your hospitality! I am so thankful for having chosen Jumba. Joshua and I had an amazing time.

All in All a fantastic stay. Great room, warm, happy vibes. Only problem and there is not much you can do about it but the space is quite small. The bathroom and common area are a bit tight. Maybe try changing up the layout of the common area to see if you can make it feel a bit bigger.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed at. The location is excellent and the place is very well run. It is more the standard of a good hotel than a hostel. Would definitely stay at Jumba again if visiting Istanbul!

Jumba was the warmest and most welcoming hostel i've ever been to. Very lovely staff whom cook great breakfasts and also just great to hang with.

Loved my stay at Jumba and felt at home immediately! All of the sisters are so nice and friendly and really make you not only feel welcome but almost part of the family and without a doubt the best breakfasts ever! Would definitely recommend without hesitation! Thanks Jumba!

This is a great hostel to stay at, but if you are traveling from Sabiha Gocken airport, it's 54 euros for a transport or a lot of time wasted just trying to get there. Only 24 euros for a transport to Ataturk- so much better if you're coming from there!

Jumba hostel made my stay in Istanbul the unforgettable experience that it was! The girls who run it are beyond amazing, everything is extremely clean and the location is ideal. The breakfast each morning is outstanding and it seems to attract great people. The family atmosphere is infectious and never in all my travels have I made so many fantastic friends in one hostel. It was by far the greatest hostel experience I have had and staying here is the best decision you could make about your trip.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Hands down fact. Breakfast was outrageous too

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Wales

The women who own and operate the hostel are very friendly and helpful. It was also very clean. I would stay again.

We had a great time at Jumba! Very good location and nice facilities.

Our stay at Jumba was great! The area around the hostel feels like the Montmartre of Istanbul, and the 30min walk to Hagia Sofia takes you through the Brand Bazaar etc and is very interesting. The sisters who run the place were helpful with suggestions for places to go / eat and the breakfasts here are amazing!

Jumba is the best! This is the first time i ever felt compelled to give the Hostel owners hugs before i left. The sisters are really wonderful and their hostel is like a home away from home. It was great to come back to a clean, comfortable, and modernly facilitated "home" after spending long hectic days out and about in Istanbul. Roof top patio was excellent! Highly recommended.

• 5th Jul 2014

Jumba is the perfect hostel: great atmosphere, very central, clean and with extra services that makes you feel at home. Bed was really confortable and free breakfast is definitely a plus. By staying you understand what it means to care for your customers: the girls really make a big effort to welcome you and make your stay in Istanbul remarkable. Thank you!! Will be back!!

Me and my friend loved staying at Jumba Hostel! The staff is sooo friendly and helpful, everything was beyond our expectations. It was easy and simple to get anywhere...the hostel is conveniently located just off Istiklal Street, 15 mins walk from Taksim Square. When we arrived, we thought the room was a bit tight, but then we got used to it and actually loved it. I would stay again at the Jumba hostel if I go back to Istanbul and will recommend it to anyone travelling there!

Jumba is a great hostel, which is run by 3 hospitable and friendly sisters, in a great area of Istanbul, where you get true value for money. The atmosphere is very friendly and you can truly feel at home.

• 26th Jun 2014

The three sisters who run the hostel are so lovely and welcoming. The breakfast was delicious as they surprised us every morning with another variation of eggs. The location of the hostel is excellent with nice little shops and good restaurants in walking distance. Thank you girls for the nice week and the Turkish coffee, we will definitely come back!

This is the second time I've had the pleasure to stay at Jumba. The perfect location, great company and yummy breakfast are all definite pluses. Can't wait to come back :-)

Very small hostel. Shower and toilet not very clean. No customer service. Got bad advise twice by the staff Avoid.

We are really sorry to hear these about Jumba which is our home.We have e-mailed you about lost stuff which was cosmatics that you have tought that you left in the bathroom and told that we couldnt find it.We as three sisters try to provide nice and clean rooms,try to treat all our guests in the same way;answering their questions,giving them recommandations,trying to help them to make the best out of their travel which has been appriciated by all our guests so far.sorry that it didnt work for u

Really enjoyed our stay! Only downside was that there was no WIFI in the room.

Hi, Thanks a lot for the good feedback, we would be so happy to host you guys again:) As a small information ; now we have wi-fi in the rooms as well!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4