Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Super helpful and friendly staff, thank you!

We absolutely loved Jumba! The staff was helpful, friendly, and overall great people. They are super accommodating to their guests and even made us homemade breakfasts every morning. The rooms are a bit small, but honestly just enough, and we loved the decor in each room. The area the hostel is in is also one of the best to stay in Istanbul, in my opinion. A very neighborhood feel, with lots of cute shops, bars and markets. I would recommend Jumba to anyone traveling to Istanbul!

The owners - three sisters- are very lovely, always helpful and great to talk to. Location is great, 4 bedroom dorm a little small but all in all I had nothing to complain except the part that there were no lockers. Yet as it is a small hostel, I didn't feel unsafe leaving my stuff and had my valuables with me at all times. Thank you sisters!

perfect location

• 7th Sep 2014

We enjoyed staying at jumba! Alev and all her sisters were very nice and helpful, great advices! There is nothing to complain about, we will definitely return at Jumba the next time we come in Istanbul. Thanks!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed at Jumba for one week with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed our time there! The hostel was really cozy and the sisters who run it were really friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. The location was also great since Beyoglu is a very nice neigbourhood with lots of good restaurants, bars and small shops and a cool atmoshere. The only downside was that our room was a bit small (we stayed in a twin room), so I would recommend the double room if you want more space.

Hey there, thank you so much. We enjoyed the stay in your hostel so much und wish you all the best for your upcomming future. Best regards Felix & Leonie

Absolutely loved staying at Jumba, the girls are amazing. It feels like you are staying with friends. It also has a great rooftop and the location is perfect for shopping, restaurants, coffee shops... pretty much everything! They made is French toast in the morning, so delicious. We also went out partying with 2 of the sisters and had a lot of fun! We highly recommend it!!

The hostel itself is so cute and homie. Really clean and the vibe is really cool. The three sisters running the hostel; Lahika, Alev and Eda are such great people. They are so welcoming and warm and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Alev even made us a sandwich to take on our bus ride to the airport cause we were leaving super early in the morning and probably wouldn't have had breakfast. So sweet! We're just about to book another night at Jumba Hostel!

Staff is incredibly friendly and the atmosphere was really welcoming! Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hostel/hotel so far! Recommended!

• 21st Aug 2014

The sisters are all lovely and the hostel is new, clean and in a great location. Breakfast is included and delicious, as are the resturaunts in the area that they will recommend for you. All reasonable prcies too. Babel was a favourite for us. Do yourself a favour and stay here. We will again when in istanbul next! Cheers!

This is by far the BEST hostel experience you could ask for in Istanbul. As other reviewers have mentioned, the owners are three sisters who are so warm, helpful, and funny, they truly make Jumba feel like a second home. The hostel itself is conveniently located near bustling Istiklal Avenue and only a tram ride away from Sultanahmet. Jumba's intimate atmosphere makes it easy to meet other hostel guests and make new friends. I miss this place already! You won't regret staying here!

• 11th Aug 2014

The most lovely hostel owners I have ever met! So helpful and chatty. Also an amazing location! Would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Aug 2014

We were very impressed with Jumba - such a sweet and stylish little boutique hotel and we were made to feel very welcome - thank you!

• 5th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel and amazing atmosphere! Every morning there is free hot breakfast and it's actually really good. Small size means you really get to know the people who are staying there and hang out with them. The sisters who run the hostel are really great and make you feel at home. Plus it's in a really fun, hip part of town. I will definitely be staying here next time I come to Istanbul!

the sisters are really nice and friendly! Best place to stay!

This hostel is the best. Seriously. The owners are great, best breakfast of all time, I had so much fun and met so many great people. Rooms are nice and cool in summer and wifi works perfectly. Would defs recommend!

I loved my stay at Jumba hostel and will definitely come back next time I go to Istanbul. It is located in the heart of the "nightlife area", but in a quiet street, so it's not noisy. The facilities are great, very clean, and the staff is not only extremely friendly, but also a great source of tourist tips, from places to visit to places to party. I highly recommend to stay in this hostel, it will make your Istanbul stay very pleasant, it certainly made mine!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Lovely staff and lovely atmosphere. Perfect place to stay if you plan to go in Istanbul. I would recommend it to anyone!

• 1st Aug 2014

Lovely staff (the sisters are really friendly), warm and welcoming atmosphere, excellent location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4