Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

The bed and pillow were comfortable. The bathroom for the dorm room was small, and the shelf above the sink is placed inconveniently, but it's still manageable. The staff were very sweet and helpful, even waiting until 2am for my delayed flight to arrive. The place was very cute and clean, but with minimal common space.

Jumba is an excellent hostel in the heart of a great area of istanbul. the staff are helpful and cook a very delicious breakfast every morning. the hostel was clean and failry priced. came for 2 nights, stayed 5. it was one of the best hostels set ups - the other guests were lovely too. great time overall 10/10

• 24th Jun 2015

This hostel is very well located. The staff is lovely and wil do everything's possible to help you, and they want you to feel at home. The breakfast is delicious, and if you're hungry, food/water/tea/coffee is available anytime. They gives you towels, and the bed are super comfy. 2 minors problems : The sign of the hostel in front of the building is way too small. And the rooms are quite small. This is definitely the best deal and hostel I had in Turkey. Will go back there without any hesitation

lovely, helpful, knowledgeable staff. I had only a short stay here. wished I could stay for longer.

It was a very good stay, the hostel is near many places, and near the tram so you can good every where. The staff is very attentive and friendly. There are little problem with de cleanliness, because there are many cats in the neighborhood but there is no a very big problem.

Fantastic little hostel.... Not overrun with tons of people coming and going and has a gorgeous bohemian feel to it... When you arrive you feel like one of the family to the sisters. They look after their guests beautifully and are so helpful and friendly to newcombers to the city. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable for a hostel. The hostel itself is planned well for meeting & chatting to ppl over breakfast & chillaxing. Location wasexce llent with lots of quirky outside cafes & shops.

Jumba is a very nice and cosy hostel in a great location. It's run by 3 very friendly and hospitable sisters who do everything to turn the place into a kind of home away from home. And the breakfast with fresh omelettes is very tasty!

Everything was great. We feel really confortable at Jumba Hostel. Amazing breakfast included and the staff is absolutely kind and helpful. Couldn't be better. We'll certainly go back. Thanks Lahika, Alev and Adrian!

Adrian, the breakfast & boutique lobby area are all great. No complaints. The only dorm room is in the basement. This means the room is always damp, dark, and stuffy (it lacks real air flow). It feels lonely. The beds are just ok but the blankets & pillow are damp. The furniture is also uninspiring & lacks the love and creativity that you see in the lobby photos. The bathroom is also unloved. I want to like this hostel, but for the comparatively steep dorm bed price, I was expecting a bit more.

We had an amazing stay in a really cool atmosphere, we'll definetly save the hostel as a place to stay when coming again to Istambul. The hospitality and the location was superb. :)

Very nice, clean and comfortable hostel. The owners are extremely friendly and make you feel like a guest in their home from the very start, arriving at the hostel even feels like going into a friend's living room. The rooms are very nicely decorated, the roof-terrace is a great place for relaxing and the breakfast is very complete. We will definitely come again whenever we find ourselves in Istanbul again, greatly recommend!

Very nice little Hostel with helpful staff! Free drinking water and tea/coffee all the time was great. Good value for money!

Very very nice hostel! Definetly i'll be back!

Normally I never post reviews for hostels - but I thought I'd make an exception. Because the Jumba Hostel was such an excellent stay. Lahika and Elav run a small and cozy hostel in the very cool area of Beyoglu. The hostel is very well managed and is kept very clean. The best part is that you wake up to a free cooked breakfast every morning. Lahika and Elav are always around to provide eating/visiting tips. I highly recommend for a unique experience of Istanbul.

• 4th May 2015

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I’m sold! Lahrika and family and friends are amazing. Rooms were clean, the location was great and I always felt safe. Breakfast was delicious, tea & coffee were always an option… and even snacks if needed. These wonderful sisters quickly became our friends and through their kindness and introductions, we even connected with other hostel guests. By the end of the visit, we referred to them as our hostel family! Jumba rocks!

• 11th Apr 2015

We had a great time at Jumba hostel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was welcoming and cozy. The room was clean and nicely decorated and the location was great. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• 10th Apr 2015

I had originally intended to stay at Jumba Hostel for two nights however, I had such a wonderful time that I decided to stay for a week! The staff are what make Jumba great - welcoming, with an acute knowledge of leafy, literary Chianger and surrounding areas. Breakfast is made with love each morning, with laughs a plenty as guests chat with staff about their plans are for the day. This is the kind of place that exemplifies what hostel travelling is all about.

• 7th Apr 2015

Nicely located hostel, right in the middle of Beyoglu. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are fairly small, though. The bathroom was more like a closet than a room. There's limited opportunities for interaction with other guests. The hostel did not appear to organise social gatherings when we were there. It felt more like a b

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms and beds were very clean. Great location, just a 5 minute walk from the cities best nightlife. This is a small, intimate place, with only 5 or 6 people staying in the entire place, so It's a nice and quiet atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it to travelers looking for a peaceful place to sleep.

• 30th Mar 2015

Small hostel with a nice atmosphere. Free breakfast in the morning was nice and the owners had nice recommendations about where to go etc. It was a little loud at night with cars blasting loud music driving past etc so make sure to bring earplugs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3