Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Lovely friendly little hostel to come home to after a busy day sightseeing. The hosts who are three sisters are really chatty and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home. We were made fresh French toast or omelette every day for breakfast which I wasn't expecting. I dont think the location can be beaten; on a quiet street, but you only have to walk 100m onto a central high street which has innumerable lively restaurants and bars. Only 3/4 tram stops from the historic part too.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very nice little hostel. I only stayed for one night but I will definitely come back in the future.

I really loved Jumba Hostel! It s cosy, clean and very central located. The 3 sisters made me love the city even more.. Thanks for everything!

Couldn't speak highly enough of this hostel - the sisters make you welcome the moment you walk in the door - it really feels like you're staying in a friend's house. Thanks gang

Lovely little hostel with familiar atmosphere. When we will visit Istanbul again, we will stay at Jumba Hostel. Highly recommended!

• 6th Oct 2014

Had a fantastic stay at Jumba - a beautifully designed property run by great, welcoming hosts with an excellent knowledge of the local area, and including a lovingly prepared breakfast. When can we come back?

the atmpsphere is great, the location is perfect if you want to explore galaty and beyoglu area (with their bars clubs and shops), less perfect if you plan to go to the old part of the city every day (I would say 40-45 min by walk). The only downside is that the dorm is quite small and when full it's not ideal and same goes for the, perfectlym cleaned, toilet/shower.

I've of course not stayed at all hostels in Istanbul, but I'm 100% convinced you cant find a better one. Location is great, very close to istiklal street and just a 20-30 minute by foot from the historical part of the city. Hostel is very clean and run like a hotel, without losing that cozy small hostel feel. It's run by 3 sisters who are lovely and do a great job. Oh, they have the best hostel breakfast I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Stay here! Martin/swedish cyclist

We stayed in Jumba Hostel for 4 nights. Its location is excellent! 5 mins walking distance to Istiklal Caddesi. We rented a twin bed room and a double bed room. The rooms are tastefully decorated and well-equipped. However the twin bed room might be too small for those with large luggages. The double bed room was very spacious though. But for the price you're paying you really can't complain! The breakfast prepared by Alev and Lahika was just wonderful! Waking up to the smell of the omelette...

Awesome place!!! Very nice sisters who really give us a feeling-like-home place and very delicious breakfast everyday, the best breakfast I've had ever before at hostel!!! Enjoy a lot staying here. A must-stay in Istanbul!!!

The best of the best.. Thank you for this lovely experience girls!

Jumba is the best place I have stayed at all across 17 countries I have visited! Eda, Lahika and Alev are some of the most wonderful hosts. I was in Istanbul for 5 days for a conference and had to leave at 7 in morning. Though the breakfast timing was 9 AM onwards, they used to prepare something especially for me. They had some of the best music playing. They even went with some of my friends to party! :) And always ready to help. Love you guys! Will definitely visit again

This was certainly one of my nicest hostel experiences ever. The hostel offers a very cosy and familiar atmosphere in an exciting but confusing city. In advance I wondered how my trip as a solo traveller would work out, but, thanks to the people I met in the hostel, I never felt lonely. Lahika, Alev and Eda were so friendly and welcoming and even took me out partying with their friends, which added a very local experience to my trip. Thanks so much!

• 24th Sep 2014

Beautiful hostel, excellent breakfast and such friendly and helpouful sisters! Definitely stay here if you come to Istanbul!

I had a great time at Jumba. The 3 sisters go out of their way to make you feel at home. They also make the best breakfast to start the day. I highly recommend this hostel if you're looking for a conveniently located hostel in the bustling Taksim area.

Jumba is the best hostel I’ve ever been. It is new, very clean, and in an excellent location very close to the Istiklal Street. What make this hostel amazing are the sisters who run it. Every morning they make you amazing breakfast. They even took us out one night. Lahika, Alev and Eda, thank you so much for your hospitality. I highly recommend this hostel and looking forward to coming back soon.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Jumba is really nice and in a super cool location. The sisters are friendly enough and the breakfast is amazing. To make it 100% they needed to do more to make it feel like a hostel atmosphere - walking tours, nights out etc. As it is it just felt like we got a great deal on a nice hotel.

Jumba is a great hostel in a really cool area of Istanbul. It's within easy walking distance of the old town and sites but is near taksim and in a alternative part of the city with great cafés and boutiques near by. The sisters were lovely and made us feel very welcome. The free breakfast was delicious. The only negative would be the room size being very small (we booked a twin private) but this was ok as we didn't need to spend much time in there anyway.

The location is very good. The room is small but very clean and cozy! Three sisters, who run the hostel, are very nice and hospitabl. I love everyday breakfast they prepare!!

Super helpful and friendly staff, thank you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5