Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Jumba hostel will make your stay feels like home. Great location, just 1 minute walk up the hill to istiklal street and 3 minutes to the nearest Funikuler. The 3 sisters were absolute kind and welcoming their guests :D I book for the dormitory room but got upgraded to a private room without any charges. thanks again Jumba sisters, will be sure coming to this hostel again if i ever coming back to the beautiful city of Istanbul.

• 17th Jan 2016
  • sy4z
  • Malaysia

Great hostel, the three ladies have been more helpful, first time I've been offered a cooked breakfast in a hostel, location is fantastic. If you plan to stay in Istanbul this is as good as it gets, hesitate.

I stayed at Jumba at the beginning of my trip, it was a fantastic hostel. Lahika, Alev, and Eda made me feel so welcome and always had a delicious breakfast on offer. I was able to easily identify and reach the majority of the European Istanbul by foot from this central location. I definitely recommend this hostel. TH

• 1st Dec 2015

I highly recommend this place. Not only because of its great location (beautiful neighborhood with tons of cafes, restaurants and nice little shops) but also because of its amazing staff. I only met 2 of those 3 lovely sisters who run this hostel with great energy and amazing service. I honestly want to say that I am extremely thankful with them for all the attention they had with me. Believe me....THIS IS THE PLACE! Book now!

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

The hosts are very friendly and make you feel at home. I will recommend to someone who is asking for my advise.

Thank you ladies for a home away from home experience in Istanbul!

Great location for exploring Beyoglu and Sultanahmet areas. Easy to get to and from airport and also close to metro. Lovely, friendly and helpful staff. Kind people. Breakfast included so that you get your day started nicely. Would stay here again!

• 6th Nov 2015

Everyting Washington perfect in this hostel. Maybe the best hostel in Istanbul!!

• 6th Nov 2015

The excellent location and the personal approach of the owners (three lovely sisters) - that's what makes Jumba hostel such a nice place to stay.

• 31st Oct 2015

Only stayed one night but the lady was amazing, great room. Perfect!

• 24th Oct 2015

Jumba was fantastic and located in an adorable nieghborhood just off of Istiklal. This was only a short stay at the end of a long trip, and we only wish we could have stayed longer. Our private with ensuite was great, yes the bathroom is small but everything suited our needs just fine. Super comfy beds. Also the hosts are amazing!! We had some trouble with a delayed flight and communication and they went above and beyond, plus hot french toast! Jumba Rocks!

• 22nd Oct 2015

Very enjoyable stay, breakfast was lovely and the location was great very small and intimate hostel. Would stay again

Girls who run this little hostel are doing an amazing job! Would recommend this hostel.

Excellent room in an excellent location - we had a really lovely time here :)

• 7th Oct 2015

Lahika and Alev were extremely welcoming and helpful during our stay. We didn't meet Eda but are sure she is as lovely as her sisters. We loved the homely touches from the well thought out decor to the freshly cooked breakfasts. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and will be back next time we are in Istanbul.

The girls at Jumba are really friendly and make the place what it is! Breakfast every morning is really good. Only downside is that there is only one really small common area so it doesn't really have a social atmosphere to help meet other guests. Thanks for having us!

While I loved the reception/common area and the private rooms, I did not like the dorm-style room at all. The beds were too low to sit up in, it was far too small to accommodate 4 people and their belongings, and was located half-underground down a narrow flight of stairs. At times, the floor was so dirty I cleaned it myself. This being said, breakfast is included every day and is among the best I've had at a hostel, and the sisters who run it are really nice and really cool.

Jumba is Paradise!Right in the heart of Istanbul.Delicious breakfast cooked for you by super friendly caring owners who will help and guide you around the city. Comfy and cosy! Beautiful interior design and lovely roof top! Worth every euro you spend here! Thank you Jumba so much for these enjoyable days!

Beautifully appointed building in a scenic area. Centrally located near public transport, bars and shops with easy access to taxis and historical buildings /monuments One of the best places we stayed across Turkey

• 27th Aug 2015

Had an amazing time, thanks again! Adrian and me truly enjoyed our stay. We are both looking forward to our next visit in the magical city of Istanbul. Good luck with everything and hopefully see you soon! :)

• 26th Aug 2015