Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Favourite hostel in Istanbul after trying 2 others. Really great atmosphere partly down to the small capacity, but mainly due to the fun staff. Great rooms, location and breakfast(!), will definitely stay here again!

Staff was AMAZING and super friendly. Place is perfect and very clean. Best hostel I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many all around the world.

Pleasant and friendly staff Very close to Taksim/Istiqlal street

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

Good location of the hostel, but the room was too small. The staff is ok, but could give more tips to the travellers about the city and the neighboorhood.

we had a very nıce tıme at jumba hostel. the hostel ıs very well located, the facılıtıes are good, ıt has a very cozy atmosphere and an excellent breakfast. would defınetely recommend jumba hostel for anyone vısıtıng ıstambul.

A quiet hostel that has the feel of a Bed and Breakfast, this is a great place to stay if a peaceful, affordable place to sleep is what you're looking for. Other places have more of a social scene. You can't beat the central location.

I got to Istanbul as a student for six months, and needed a place to stay whilst I find an apartment. Jumba was perfect thanks for the location, to start to get to know better each day Istanbul. The sisters are very helpfull and know a lot about places around. The only problem we had was that the room was maybe to small, and I couldn't fit the big bags I had. I really had a good stay.

The staff at jumba are delightful. The breakfast is spectacular every morning and the hostel is located right by istiklal street. It's a small, cozy hostel with a great vibe. Stay here for a wonderful time in Istanbul.

As the experienced tourists and travelers we evaluate Jumba as one of the best hostels, which we visited in the last several years. Very helpful and friendly staff, warm atmosphere, excellent free breakfasts, clean rooms, etc. Location close to the Taksim Square and Istiklal.

Jumba Hostel is a small quaint hostel. It was in a pretty good location that was between a metro stop and Istiklal. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (they helped us coordinate an early morning taxi to the airport). For the most part, our stay was pleasant. A couple of negatives were that our room was weirdly humid. Also, although the hostel is on a small street, our first morning (jet lagged 4AM) we were there (Sunday), there were a lot of taxis outside making a lot of noise.

An amazing breakfast cooked up in front of you (by a rather surly guy however), a tiny room (we changed to a double rather than have a bunk with literally no space), the sitting room is nice didn't meet one other person while staying there - it's not that type of place. It's like a nice small hotel, rather than hostel.

One always reads thos and that in comments. This time i must add one myself, sknce we were on our honeymoon very happy to find this cosy and yet bustling hostel with a very welcoming

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Great staff.

I have spend two nights. Host are so welcoming. I have met so many good people there. I will stay again there when i will be in istanbul

The staff at Jumba Hostel is great. They are very friendly and full of good conversation. They are also helpful and knowledgeable about the city, whether it's with given suggestions about what to do or how to get around town. The breakfasts were really good: thanks Edrian! The hostel is nice and quaint and the location is very good. The facilities are nice (esp. bathroom and common room) but a little on the small side, but that's to be expected in a city with such a big population. Thanks Jumba!

Great Hostel - Staff were very friendly and very welcoming. Being locals, it also meant they were able to give great tips on places to see, things to try, restaurants and bars to visit. The hostel itself was very comfortable, clean and relaxing. Best of all was the breakfast - many thanks to Adrian for cooking up some delicious treats in the morning. Great to see a hostel that advertises free breakfast and actually provides tasty, home cooked food, rather than just bread + jam!

You have a nice hostel, run by even nicer people! Sorry forget to tell you while checking out that somerhing from the shower door had come loose. Will definately return! Love, Sandra

Lahika, Alev and Eda were lovely hosts and definitely made my stay enjoyable and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hostel to others.

Amazing hostel in a great location!

• 17th Dec 2014

An excellent stay! The staff is very helpful and friendly, and I'll definitely be back!