Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Jumba was a great place to stay. It's a smaller hostel, there are never more than 12(?) or so guests staying there at any given time. The gals are so welcoming – gave great recommendations for where to eat, where to shop, etc. it definitely felt like a home away from home. I stayed in the dorm room which was on the lower level, and had very comfortable sleeps there. And the best part was waking up to a home-cooked breakfast every morning! amazing. thank you girls for an amazing stay!

• 25th May 2014

Jumba has it all. Great hosts, good location and a feeling that you reached home in Istanbul. As a frequent visitor to Istanbul, this is the place that I recommend

• 21st May 2014
  • Israel

What a fantastic hostel! Since there's only room for 12 people it is cozy and you get to know the owners and other guests, which is great for a single traveller: I was never without someone to have dinner with! It seemed most guests are closer to their early thirties than early twenties. The sisters running the hostel are so friendly, giving good tips on the city and always up for a chat. I highly recommend this small, friendly hostel!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. It was like visiting old friends.

• 16th May 2014

One of the best hostels in the world in one of the best cities in the world. I had a great time at Jumba and the sisters are the nicest and most helpful owners I have ever come across. It a great place to meet other travelers and the location was excellent. Just relax and enjoy

• 14th May 2014

I had an incredible stay at Jumba. The three sisters that run the hostel are fantastic. They are extremely knowledgable, generous, and accommodating. The building has been recently renovated and the facilities are in great shape. The hostel is in a wonderful location as well. The neighbourhood itself is quite interesting as there are tonnes of great antique shops and restaurants nearby. Istiklal street and Taksim are an easy walk as well. Definitely recommend Jumba!

I felt like family while staying at Jumba and even though the rooms and bathrooms were a little cramped, The vibe and atmosphere at the hostel made me extend my stay. Lahika, Alev and Eda are charming and gracious hosts who seemed like old friends - they also cook and bake up a storm! Add in a few bottles of wine or beer and life was at its best. Jumba is also close to Istiklal Str, Karakoy, Taksim Square, the tram, and bus ticketing offices.

The stay was made remarkable by the staff who happened to be the owners of the place - the three sisters. They help you in settling into Istanbul as quickly as possible. Guessing your temperament and preferences they suggest the right itinerary and provide valuable tips. Through them you are also likely to get an access to the current social and political life of Istanbul, if you are interested. The breakfast time, mixing home comfort, international style and congeniality was the high point.

Thank you for that awesome place!!

We had a lovely stay and would always stay at jumba again!

• 30th Apr 2014

We had a very good time at Jumba Hostel.The staff is awesome, very helpful and open-minded! Everything was really new and clean. The location is also perfect to discover Istanbul! We would definitely come back!

• 30th Apr 2014

Wonderful place, very clean, walkable to most places/trams. The hosts were so nice and helpful - would definitely recommend and stay again. Only bad thing was the outside noise, but that cant be helped!

My stay in Istanbul has been one of the best experiences I have had and largely thanks to my stay at Jumba hostel. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left I felt taken care of. I can go into the details of analyzing bits and pices of the hostel, but that's something Jumba matches other hostels and exceeds in most of these parameters and with only a few drawbacks. What sets Jumba apart is it's character. For me I can say I have found a "Home away from Home".

i was welcomed and treated with love as in no hostel or hotel ever before. I found the lack of locks for lockers problematic but i shortly realized they are as pointless as they were in my family house.

We had a awesome time at Jumba! It is great for getting into contact with other travellers. Furthermore we spent a super night with live music, midnight-snack and dancing (at places we would have never discovered by our own) with the super-nice girls (plus friends) from JUMBA :) -thank you for all, we will come back. Jumba is recommendable because of the location (few minutes to Istiklal Cad.), the informal atmosphere, the nice rooms, the tasty breakfast and the hospitality.

• 17th Apr 2014

This hostel was great! The sisters were lovely and very helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

Lovely hostel, excellent location!!!!! Staff were super friendly and double rooms modern and good feel. Nice Roof terrace! En suite is extremly small, you have to open the door to open shower door and get up, but there is a hair dryer which was awesome!! Downside, In a 5 Night stay not even our bins were emptied. Breakfast was very late, 9am, and I wouldn't say it's a cooking hostel as although you can cook it is cramped and the stove doubles up as the staffs office.

Lahika, you were just an amzing host. Your smile and outgoing nature made my stay. Thank you for the pertinent information you gave us, the political discussions and the great restaurant tips.

• 11th Apr 2014

Jumba was a great hostel in a fabulous location of the city. The staff were a real feature of this place and could not have been more helpful with recommendations of where to go and what to do and how to get there. The breakfast each day was also great. Thanks for a great stay!

The Jumba sisters rock. So cool to see three young women running a good business. They have fun and enjoy their guests. Warm tasty breakfast every morning, free access to tea / etc throughout the day. Good location near Taksim, but a 10 min walk from any major public transport. Everything in building is new. Beds are super comfortable.