Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Small hostel with a nice atmosphere. Free breakfast in the morning was nice and the owners had nice recommendations about where to go etc. It was a little loud at night with cars blasting loud music driving past etc so make sure to bring earplugs.

A very lovely hostel indeed. It's in a great area, close by to everything you would want in Cihangar and Beyoğlu. As it is in a city location there is a little bit of city noise. The staff are very welcoming, helpful and make Jumba Hostel a very welcome place to spend time. The private double room was nicely decorated and wonderfully cosy.

Room was very small, but we didn't mind. Staff was very helpful, breakfast was great and location was awesome. We would recommend.

That was my second stay there in the last two years ans it became my home address when in Istanbul. The sisters Alev, Eda and Lahika are great and their warm welcome at first makes you feel at home. The hostel is not so big and hence not so crowded, which makes conversations with other guests much more easier. It has also a useful collection of travel books on Europe and Istanbul. Go and stay there at the heart of Istanbul and you will have no worries about your stay. Thank you sisters!

it's down the street from a car park so things can get a little loud on Friday and Saturday nights; that's not Jumba's fault, just a heads-up. The staff were super friendly and very helpful and the beds in the dorm were comfortable enough. Would recommend.

The best hostel that I never had been! It not a topical hostel, it's a boutique hotel! All clean, the rooms are very clean and beautiful! And the breakfast it's the best! The staf deal to do everything good!! I'll recommend it!

The hostel is located in the charming neighbourhood of cuckurcuma, it is well kept, the staff are extra nice and helpful, and the overall atmosphere is relaxed.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Israel

Great hostel with an incredibly nice and helpful staff. It was the perfect location for our 4 days in Istanbul! Both nightlife and the main sights were pretty close to the hostel and easily accessible on foot. When I come back I will definitely stay here again.

The rooms were decent sized. I checked out the private rooms as well as the four person bunk room downstairs. the bunk room was very small, and a tight fit even for a hostel. This is a very calm hostel, only 12 people max in the entire place, a home cooked omelet in the morning with some bread and veggies. The rent was fairly inexpensive, and for the location, you are a 3 minute walk to the main strip with all of the restaurants and bars.

• 5th Feb 2015

Favourite hostel in Istanbul after trying 2 others. Really great atmosphere partly down to the small capacity, but mainly due to the fun staff. Great rooms, location and breakfast(!), will definitely stay here again!

Staff was AMAZING and super friendly. Place is perfect and very clean. Best hostel I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many all around the world.

Pleasant and friendly staff Very close to Taksim/Istiqlal street

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

Good location of the hostel, but the room was too small. The staff is ok, but could give more tips to the travellers about the city and the neighboorhood.

we had a very nıce tıme at jumba hostel. the hostel ıs very well located, the facılıtıes are good, ıt has a very cozy atmosphere and an excellent breakfast. would defınetely recommend jumba hostel for anyone vısıtıng ıstambul.

A quiet hostel that has the feel of a Bed and Breakfast, this is a great place to stay if a peaceful, affordable place to sleep is what you're looking for. Other places have more of a social scene. You can't beat the central location.

I got to Istanbul as a student for six months, and needed a place to stay whilst I find an apartment. Jumba was perfect thanks for the location, to start to get to know better each day Istanbul. The sisters are very helpfull and know a lot about places around. The only problem we had was that the room was maybe to small, and I couldn't fit the big bags I had. I really had a good stay.

The staff at jumba are delightful. The breakfast is spectacular every morning and the hostel is located right by istiklal street. It's a small, cozy hostel with a great vibe. Stay here for a wonderful time in Istanbul.

As the experienced tourists and travelers we evaluate Jumba as one of the best hostels, which we visited in the last several years. Very helpful and friendly staff, warm atmosphere, excellent free breakfasts, clean rooms, etc. Location close to the Taksim Square and Istiklal.

Jumba Hostel is a small quaint hostel. It was in a pretty good location that was between a metro stop and Istiklal. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (they helped us coordinate an early morning taxi to the airport). For the most part, our stay was pleasant. A couple of negatives were that our room was weirdly humid. Also, although the hostel is on a small street, our first morning (jet lagged 4AM) we were there (Sunday), there were a lot of taxis outside making a lot of noise.

1 2 Next » last »