Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

As the experienced tourists and travelers we evaluate Jumba as one of the best hostels, which we visited in the last several years. Very helpful and friendly staff, warm atmosphere, excellent free breakfasts, clean rooms, etc. Location close to the Taksim Square and Istiklal.

Jumba Hostel is a small quaint hostel. It was in a pretty good location that was between a metro stop and Istiklal. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (they helped us coordinate an early morning taxi to the airport). For the most part, our stay was pleasant. A couple of negatives were that our room was weirdly humid. Also, although the hostel is on a small street, our first morning (jet lagged 4AM) we were there (Sunday), there were a lot of taxis outside making a lot of noise.

An amazing breakfast cooked up in front of you (by a rather surly guy however), a tiny room (we changed to a double rather than have a bunk with literally no space), the sitting room is nice didn't meet one other person while staying there - it's not that type of place. It's like a nice small hotel, rather than hostel.

One always reads thos and that in comments. This time i must add one myself, sknce we were on our honeymoon very happy to find this cosy and yet bustling hostel with a very welcoming

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Great staff.

I have spend two nights. Host are so welcoming. I have met so many good people there. I will stay again there when i will be in istanbul

The staff at Jumba Hostel is great. They are very friendly and full of good conversation. They are also helpful and knowledgeable about the city, whether it's with given suggestions about what to do or how to get around town. The breakfasts were really good: thanks Edrian! The hostel is nice and quaint and the location is very good. The facilities are nice (esp. bathroom and common room) but a little on the small side, but that's to be expected in a city with such a big population. Thanks Jumba!

Great Hostel - Staff were very friendly and very welcoming. Being locals, it also meant they were able to give great tips on places to see, things to try, restaurants and bars to visit. The hostel itself was very comfortable, clean and relaxing. Best of all was the breakfast - many thanks to Adrian for cooking up some delicious treats in the morning. Great to see a hostel that advertises free breakfast and actually provides tasty, home cooked food, rather than just bread + jam!

You have a nice hostel, run by even nicer people! Sorry forget to tell you while checking out that somerhing from the shower door had come loose. Will definately return! Love, Sandra

Lahika, Alev and Eda were lovely hosts and definitely made my stay enjoyable and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hostel to others.

Amazing hostel in a great location!

• 17th Dec 2014

An excellent stay! The staff is very helpful and friendly, and I'll definitely be back!

I really enjoyed my stay in Jumba. I stayed in the dorm for a few nights and then in the private double room for another few. The best things about Jumba are 1) The location (it's off the centre of Istiklal Street and in the middle of the bohemian area in Istanbul) 2) The sisters running it - Lahika, Alev and Eda (they're awesome) - and Adrian, who helps out on some days, and 3) the breakfast. They stuffed me, and I loved it! Eggs and sausages in the morning just made my day. I'll be back!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Greta place in a great location! The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a small hostel, so limited people to meet, but a perfect place to stay in Istanbul!

I enjoyed most the hospitality of the host, what a wonderful person. also the place is very clean and that made this hostel unique. omg the omelet at breakfast

Fantastic place to stay owned by three wonderful sisters. Perfect for solo travellers looking for a relaxed home in the middle of a wild and incredible city.

The three sisters and Adrian were amazing. It truly felt like they had taken us into their home and treated us as they would guests in their own house. The rooms, though small were spotlessly clean! Breakfast was great and felt like it was at the kitchen of a modern Turkish family's house. Having spent a week there I felt at home - I was taken care of, had a sense of belonging and was nurtured back to health with lots of great breakfast and hot cay (chai).

Great location, very helpful staff and excellent breakfast!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Israel

Friendliest staff ever!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Everything perfect! :-) Thanks to all the lovely people at Jumba Hostel – we had a great time (again).