Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Lovely staff (the sisters are really friendly), warm and welcoming atmosphere, excellent location!

had a great time @jumba! very nice hosts, cosy atmosphere and perfect location. hope to see you again!

Jumba is a very nice and comfortable hostel located between busy Istiklal Caddesi and quiet and charming Cihangir. The location is great to explore both areas, even though I recommend the latter, with its haphazard streets and cosy cafés. The rooms are small but comfortable, there is also a nice terrace which is great to hang out in the evening, and the staff are absolutely friendly and helpful (they prepare a great breakfast). You will definitely feel at home.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Spain

We stayed in a deluxe twin bedroom ensuite. The hostel is new and the facilities very stylish. Very clean, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, familiar atmosphere, nicely located. There are just 2 little things that could have been better: The room was very small and there was just Internet in the lobby and not in the room. But we were in the room only for sleeping anyway. So you don't need so much space. There is also a great rooftop on top of the hostel! So I can really recommend the hostel!

• 28th Jul 2014

This should definitely be referred to as a hotel. The three sisters who own this hostel are all extremely nice and very helpful. They make you feel comfortable and at home from the second you walk in the door. Te hostel has a great feel to it and the interior looks great. It is also in a good location close to the Main Street of Istanbul. I would highly recommend this hostel and I would definitely stay there again.

Jumba is the best hostel I have ever been to. You'll feel like home there. Location is perfect, breakfast is delicious, rooms are nice. Without forgetting the staff obviously, the three sisters are really welcoming, they give you good tips about the city, they create a nice atmosphere in the hostel.

Thank you, Eda, Alev and Lahika, for your hospitality! I am so thankful for having chosen Jumba. Joshua and I had an amazing time.

All in All a fantastic stay. Great room, warm, happy vibes. Only problem and there is not much you can do about it but the space is quite small. The bathroom and common area are a bit tight. Maybe try changing up the layout of the common area to see if you can make it feel a bit bigger.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed at. The location is excellent and the place is very well run. It is more the standard of a good hotel than a hostel. Would definitely stay at Jumba again if visiting Istanbul!

Jumba was the warmest and most welcoming hostel i've ever been to. Very lovely staff whom cook great breakfasts and also just great to hang with.

Loved my stay at Jumba and felt at home immediately! All of the sisters are so nice and friendly and really make you not only feel welcome but almost part of the family and without a doubt the best breakfasts ever! Would definitely recommend without hesitation! Thanks Jumba!

This is a great hostel to stay at, but if you are traveling from Sabiha Gocken airport, it's 54 euros for a transport or a lot of time wasted just trying to get there. Only 24 euros for a transport to Ataturk- so much better if you're coming from there!

Jumba hostel made my stay in Istanbul the unforgettable experience that it was! The girls who run it are beyond amazing, everything is extremely clean and the location is ideal. The breakfast each morning is outstanding and it seems to attract great people. The family atmosphere is infectious and never in all my travels have I made so many fantastic friends in one hostel. It was by far the greatest hostel experience I have had and staying here is the best decision you could make about your trip.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Hands down fact. Breakfast was outrageous too

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Wales

The women who own and operate the hostel are very friendly and helpful. It was also very clean. I would stay again.

We had a great time at Jumba! Very good location and nice facilities.

Our stay at Jumba was great! The area around the hostel feels like the Montmartre of Istanbul, and the 30min walk to Hagia Sofia takes you through the Brand Bazaar etc and is very interesting. The sisters who run the place were helpful with suggestions for places to go / eat and the breakfasts here are amazing!

Jumba is the best! This is the first time i ever felt compelled to give the Hostel owners hugs before i left. The sisters are really wonderful and their hostel is like a home away from home. It was great to come back to a clean, comfortable, and modernly facilitated "home" after spending long hectic days out and about in Istanbul. Roof top patio was excellent! Highly recommended.

• 5th Jul 2014

Jumba is the perfect hostel: great atmosphere, very central, clean and with extra services that makes you feel at home. Bed was really confortable and free breakfast is definitely a plus. By staying you understand what it means to care for your customers: the girls really make a big effort to welcome you and make your stay in Istanbul remarkable. Thank you!! Will be back!!

Me and my friend loved staying at Jumba Hostel! The staff is sooo friendly and helpful, everything was beyond our expectations. It was easy and simple to get anywhere...the hostel is conveniently located just off Istiklal Street, 15 mins walk from Taksim Square. When we arrived, we thought the room was a bit tight, but then we got used to it and actually loved it. I would stay again at the Jumba hostel if I go back to Istanbul and will recommend it to anyone travelling there!