Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Great Hostel - Staff were very friendly and very welcoming. Being locals, it also meant they were able to give great tips on places to see, things to try, restaurants and bars to visit. The hostel itself was very comfortable, clean and relaxing. Best of all was the breakfast - many thanks to Adrian for cooking up some delicious treats in the morning. Great to see a hostel that advertises free breakfast and actually provides tasty, home cooked food, rather than just bread + jam!

You have a nice hostel, run by even nicer people! Sorry forget to tell you while checking out that somerhing from the shower door had come loose. Will definately return! Love, Sandra

Lahika, Alev and Eda were lovely hosts and definitely made my stay enjoyable and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hostel to others.

Amazing hostel in a great location!

• 17th Dec 2014

An excellent stay! The staff is very helpful and friendly, and I'll definitely be back!

I really enjoyed my stay in Jumba. I stayed in the dorm for a few nights and then in the private double room for another few. The best things about Jumba are 1) The location (it's off the centre of Istiklal Street and in the middle of the bohemian area in Istanbul) 2) The sisters running it - Lahika, Alev and Eda (they're awesome) - and Adrian, who helps out on some days, and 3) the breakfast. They stuffed me, and I loved it! Eggs and sausages in the morning just made my day. I'll be back!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Greta place in a great location! The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a small hostel, so limited people to meet, but a perfect place to stay in Istanbul!

I enjoyed most the hospitality of the host, what a wonderful person. also the place is very clean and that made this hostel unique. omg the omelet at breakfast

Fantastic place to stay owned by three wonderful sisters. Perfect for solo travellers looking for a relaxed home in the middle of a wild and incredible city.

The three sisters and Adrian were amazing. It truly felt like they had taken us into their home and treated us as they would guests in their own house. The rooms, though small were spotlessly clean! Breakfast was great and felt like it was at the kitchen of a modern Turkish family's house. Having spent a week there I felt at home - I was taken care of, had a sense of belonging and was nurtured back to health with lots of great breakfast and hot cay (chai).

Great location, very helpful staff and excellent breakfast!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Israel

Friendliest staff ever!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Everything perfect! :-) Thanks to all the lovely people at Jumba Hostel – we had a great time (again).

We had a really lovely stay at Jumba Hostel. The staff are so friendly, and made us feel very welcome, helping us with directions, restaurant recommendations etc. The atmosphere down in the communal area was relaxed and the whole place has a nice feel to it. The room was a little on the small side for two people (we had a private twin with bunk beds), but the beds were really comfy and there was a good shower, so can't complain really! All in all a great stay, and highly recommended.

• 26th Nov 2014

Jumba is the antithesis of the giant backpacker factory hostels you get in most large cities. Small, chilled out with friendly staff - staying here is basically like renting an apartment with a bunch of random people. Oh, and the breakfast lives up to the hype.

Nice breakfast. Beautiful room. Wonderful staff. Perfect location.

Lahika was an amazing host along with the other girls - great location and a cute hostel. The best area to stay in. Lachy

This hostel was a home away from home. Nice and cosy with comfortable and clean facilities. The location is great - in an area with great bars, restaurants and cafes. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast provided was a great way to start the day. My only suggestion would be to offer guests maps when they arrive with the location of the hostel marked out and suggest some must see and eating spots on it.

Great location for the new part of Istanbul for taksim square, restaurants, bars, shopping etc but about 20-30minutes away from the blue mosque/Hagia Sofia area.....staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was simply excellent

Fantastic little place. We had a very good time staying in the stylish double room. It was cosy hanging out in the morning and evening in the kitchen/lounge with the owners and other guests. Love from Denmark, ps if you meet Pernille, friend of the hostel, say hello from Casper and Kristina