Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Amazing hostel in a great location!

• 17th Dec 2014

An excellent stay! The staff is very helpful and friendly, and I'll definitely be back!

I really enjoyed my stay in Jumba. I stayed in the dorm for a few nights and then in the private double room for another few. The best things about Jumba are 1) The location (it's off the centre of Istiklal Street and in the middle of the bohemian area in Istanbul) 2) The sisters running it - Lahika, Alev and Eda (they're awesome) - and Adrian, who helps out on some days, and 3) the breakfast. They stuffed me, and I loved it! Eggs and sausages in the morning just made my day. I'll be back!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Greta place in a great location! The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a small hostel, so limited people to meet, but a perfect place to stay in Istanbul!

I enjoyed most the hospitality of the host, what a wonderful person. also the place is very clean and that made this hostel unique. omg the omelet at breakfast

Fantastic place to stay owned by three wonderful sisters. Perfect for solo travellers looking for a relaxed home in the middle of a wild and incredible city.

The three sisters and Adrian were amazing. It truly felt like they had taken us into their home and treated us as they would guests in their own house. The rooms, though small were spotlessly clean! Breakfast was great and felt like it was at the kitchen of a modern Turkish family's house. Having spent a week there I felt at home - I was taken care of, had a sense of belonging and was nurtured back to health with lots of great breakfast and hot cay (chai).

Great location, very helpful staff and excellent breakfast!

• 30th Nov 2014