Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Jumba is the best hostel I’ve ever been. It is new, very clean, and in an excellent location very close to the Istiklal Street. What make this hostel amazing are the sisters who run it. Every morning they make you amazing breakfast. They even took us out one night. Lahika, Alev and Eda, thank you so much for your hospitality. I highly recommend this hostel and looking forward to coming back soon.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Jumba is really nice and in a super cool location. The sisters are friendly enough and the breakfast is amazing. To make it 100% they needed to do more to make it feel like a hostel atmosphere - walking tours, nights out etc. As it is it just felt like we got a great deal on a nice hotel.

Jumba is a great hostel in a really cool area of Istanbul. It's within easy walking distance of the old town and sites but is near taksim and in a alternative part of the city with great cafés and boutiques near by. The sisters were lovely and made us feel very welcome. The free breakfast was delicious. The only negative would be the room size being very small (we booked a twin private) but this was ok as we didn't need to spend much time in there anyway.

The location is very good. The room is small but very clean and cozy! Three sisters, who run the hostel, are very nice and hospitabl. I love everyday breakfast they prepare!!

Super helpful and friendly staff, thank you!

Amazing hostel. Beautiful and friendly hosts who made sure to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Excellent place for couples or solo travelers.

• 12th Sep 2014

We absolutely loved Jumba! The staff was helpful, friendly, and overall great people. They are super accommodating to their guests and even made us homemade breakfasts every morning. The rooms are a bit small, but honestly just enough, and we loved the decor in each room. The area the hostel is in is also one of the best to stay in Istanbul, in my opinion. A very neighborhood feel, with lots of cute shops, bars and markets. I would recommend Jumba to anyone traveling to Istanbul!

The owners - three sisters- are very lovely, always helpful and great to talk to. Location is great, 4 bedroom dorm a little small but all in all I had nothing to complain except the part that there were no lockers. Yet as it is a small hostel, I didn't feel unsafe leaving my stuff and had my valuables with me at all times. Thank you sisters!

perfect location

• 7th Sep 2014

We enjoyed staying at jumba! Alev and all her sisters were very nice and helpful, great advices! There is nothing to complain about, we will definitely return at Jumba the next time we come in Istanbul. Thanks!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed at Jumba for one week with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed our time there! The hostel was really cozy and the sisters who run it were really friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. The location was also great since Beyoglu is a very nice neigbourhood with lots of good restaurants, bars and small shops and a cool atmoshere. The only downside was that our room was a bit small (we stayed in a twin room), so I would recommend the double room if you want more space.

Hey there, thank you so much. We enjoyed the stay in your hostel so much und wish you all the best for your upcomming future. Best regards Felix & Leonie

Absolutely loved staying at Jumba, the girls are amazing. It feels like you are staying with friends. It also has a great rooftop and the location is perfect for shopping, restaurants, coffee shops... pretty much everything! They made is French toast in the morning, so delicious. We also went out partying with 2 of the sisters and had a lot of fun! We highly recommend it!!

The hostel itself is so cute and homie. Really clean and the vibe is really cool. The three sisters running the hostel; Lahika, Alev and Eda are such great people. They are so welcoming and warm and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Alev even made us a sandwich to take on our bus ride to the airport cause we were leaving super early in the morning and probably wouldn't have had breakfast. So sweet! We're just about to book another night at Jumba Hostel!

Staff is incredibly friendly and the atmosphere was really welcoming! Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hostel/hotel so far! Recommended!

• 21st Aug 2014

The sisters are all lovely and the hostel is new, clean and in a great location. Breakfast is included and delicious, as are the resturaunts in the area that they will recommend for you. All reasonable prcies too. Babel was a favourite for us. Do yourself a favour and stay here. We will again when in istanbul next! Cheers!

This is by far the BEST hostel experience you could ask for in Istanbul. As other reviewers have mentioned, the owners are three sisters who are so warm, helpful, and funny, they truly make Jumba feel like a second home. The hostel itself is conveniently located near bustling Istiklal Avenue and only a tram ride away from Sultanahmet. Jumba's intimate atmosphere makes it easy to meet other hostel guests and make new friends. I miss this place already! You won't regret staying here!

• 11th Aug 2014

The most lovely hostel owners I have ever met! So helpful and chatty. Also an amazing location! Would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Aug 2014

We were very impressed with Jumba - such a sweet and stylish little boutique hotel and we were made to feel very welcome - thank you!

• 5th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel and amazing atmosphere! Every morning there is free hot breakfast and it's actually really good. Small size means you really get to know the people who are staying there and hang out with them. The sisters who run the hostel are really great and make you feel at home. Plus it's in a really fun, hip part of town. I will definitely be staying here next time I come to Istanbul!