Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Jumba is a great hostel, which is run by 3 hospitable and friendly sisters, in a great area of Istanbul, where you get true value for money. The atmosphere is very friendly and you can truly feel at home.

• 26th Jun 2014

With the already notorious hospitality of the three hosts, it is simply impossible not to love this hostel!!! It definitely greatly contributed to the success of my trip. So much great memories there! Furthermore, the area surrounding the hostel is absolutely lovely, with many typical restaurants and cafés (don't miss Babylon Café and the restaurant called "No 19"!)

• 25th Jun 2014

The three sisters who run the hostel are so lovely and welcoming. The breakfast was delicious as they surprised us every morning with another variation of eggs. The location of the hostel is excellent with nice little shops and good restaurants in walking distance. Thank you girls for the nice week and the Turkish coffee, we will definitely come back!

This is the second time I've had the pleasure to stay at Jumba. The perfect location, great company and yummy breakfast are all definite pluses. Can't wait to come back :-)

Very small hostel. Shower and toilet not very clean. No customer service. Got bad advise twice by the staff Avoid.

We are really sorry to hear these about Jumba which is our home.We have e-mailed you about lost stuff which was cosmatics that you have tought that you left in the bathroom and told that we couldnt find it.We as three sisters try to provide nice and clean rooms,try to treat all our guests in the same way;answering their questions,giving them recommandations,trying to help them to make the best out of their travel which has been appriciated by all our guests so far.sorry that it didnt work for u

Really enjoyed our stay! Only downside was that there was no WIFI in the room.

Hi, Thanks a lot for the good feedback, we would be so happy to host you guys again:) As a small information ; now we have wi-fi in the rooms as well!

Nice cosy hostel.

Staying at Jumba hostel was an unbeatable experience. The sisters who run it are very welcoming and very interesting - they know Istanbul very well and can help open it up to you. The location is also great - very close to the ferries and easy to get to old town and the tourist attractions, but in a real unique part of Istanbul, full of great restaurants and young artists with really unique stores.

• 8th Jun 2014

I had a great experience at Jumba, staying 6 nights in the dorm and one night in the double room. The staff was very helpful every time I asked for directions or suggestions. They even took us out one night! As a solo traveler, I always had someone to chat with. The bathrooms and rooms are spotless, linens clean, and one of the best parts is the location. I love the Beyoglu neighborhood - tons of cute antique shops, cafes, and less than a 5 min walk to Istiklal St. or the tram.

• 4th Jun 2014

jumba hostel was fantastic. great location and the sister's are so lovely and helpful. great breakfasts too! just an all round wonderful experience which increased our love of the awesome city!

Best breakfast in a hostel so far. Nice staff that has a lot of recommendations tipps and even showed us around in the night. Newly build with small but very nice rooms.

• 28th May 2014

Great overall experience

• 28th May 2014

Jumba was a great place to stay. It's a smaller hostel, there are never more than 12(?) or so guests staying there at any given time. The gals are so welcoming – gave great recommendations for where to eat, where to shop, etc. it definitely felt like a home away from home. I stayed in the dorm room which was on the lower level, and had very comfortable sleeps there. And the best part was waking up to a home-cooked breakfast every morning! amazing. thank you girls for an amazing stay!

• 25th May 2014

Jumba has it all. Great hosts, good location and a feeling that you reached home in Istanbul. As a frequent visitor to Istanbul, this is the place that I recommend

• 21st May 2014
  • Israel

What a fantastic hostel! Since there's only room for 12 people it is cozy and you get to know the owners and other guests, which is great for a single traveller: I was never without someone to have dinner with! It seemed most guests are closer to their early thirties than early twenties. The sisters running the hostel are so friendly, giving good tips on the city and always up for a chat. I highly recommend this small, friendly hostel!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. It was like visiting old friends.

• 16th May 2014

One of the best hostels in the world in one of the best cities in the world. I had a great time at Jumba and the sisters are the nicest and most helpful owners I have ever come across. It a great place to meet other travelers and the location was excellent. Just relax and enjoy

• 14th May 2014

I had an incredible stay at Jumba. The three sisters that run the hostel are fantastic. They are extremely knowledgable, generous, and accommodating. The building has been recently renovated and the facilities are in great shape. The hostel is in a wonderful location as well. The neighbourhood itself is quite interesting as there are tonnes of great antique shops and restaurants nearby. Istiklal street and Taksim are an easy walk as well. Definitely recommend Jumba!

I felt like family while staying at Jumba and even though the rooms and bathrooms were a little cramped, The vibe and atmosphere at the hostel made me extend my stay. Lahika, Alev and Eda are charming and gracious hosts who seemed like old friends - they also cook and bake up a storm! Add in a few bottles of wine or beer and life was at its best. Jumba is also close to Istiklal Str, Karakoy, Taksim Square, the tram, and bus ticketing offices.

The stay was made remarkable by the staff who happened to be the owners of the place - the three sisters. They help you in settling into Istanbul as quickly as possible. Guessing your temperament and preferences they suggest the right itinerary and provide valuable tips. Through them you are also likely to get an access to the current social and political life of Istanbul, if you are interested. The breakfast time, mixing home comfort, international style and congeniality was the high point.