Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Lahika, you were just an amzing host. Your smile and outgoing nature made my stay. Thank you for the pertinent information you gave us, the political discussions and the great restaurant tips.

• 11th Apr 2014

Jumba was a great hostel in a fabulous location of the city. The staff were a real feature of this place and could not have been more helpful with recommendations of where to go and what to do and how to get there. The breakfast each day was also great. Thanks for a great stay!

The Jumba sisters rock. So cool to see three young women running a good business. They have fun and enjoy their guests. Warm tasty breakfast every morning, free access to tea / etc throughout the day. Good location near Taksim, but a 10 min walk from any major public transport. Everything in building is new. Beds are super comfortable.

Great hostel all around. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the double room was clean and cozy.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Finland

The ladıes that own thıs place are fantastıc! Incredıbly helpfulş I am Amerıcan and so my language skılls ın anythıng but Englısh are neglıgıble but the sısters were great and made ıt easy for me

• 30th Mar 2014

we had a great time here staff were so friendly and helpful. they can tell you where the best restaurants are and whats good to do. they will also take you to some great bars as well. our room was a little small however we loved our stay here.

• 20th Mar 2014

Stayed at Jumba last week, as a solo female traveller and absolutely loved it. From start to finish, the sisters who own and run the business were so friendly and fun. The service they provide us very professional, the hostel is immaculate, the breakfast is great, good showers, good linens.... But on top of that, they'll sit down and get to know their guests. And they'll introduce you to each other, get out the poker chips and break open a bottle of wine.

I spent 6 days in Jumba and had amazing time , with really really friendly host. I loved the city mainly thanks to the sisters who give soul to this great place. Girls don't change anything and keep on being so lovely taking care of your guest.

Lovely Hostel. Great spot, great services and fantastic value for money. Highly recommend!!! Plus the owners are warm, friendly and a lot of fun. Already looking forward to my next visit at Jumba Hostel. Thanks guys x

So... I am not a review writing type of guy but sometimes it would be a crime not to let the world know how awesome a place, and the people who run it, are. Jumba is one of those cases. Eda, Alev & Lahika take care of their guests like they are family. Actually, better. When was the last time your mom made you omelets or pancakes? (even though Alev's 'pancakes' are really breakfast burritos.:-) From breakfast, to beer, to bed these girls do the 'hostel thing' right & they deserve credit for it.

Jumba hostel is a great hostel. It's location is perfect- right in the heart of Taksim but off it just enough so as not to disturb. The building has very recently been refurbished and has so much style and character. It'as also cozy and kept immmaculately clean. I would 100% recommend Jumba, and when I return to Istanbul I will most definitely be staying there. Jumba has set the gold standard for hostels.

• 8th Mar 2014

Jumba is a great place to stay: you feel safe, loved and cared for. Everything is clean, comfortable and well-thought, with a lot of lovely details, like a water decanter in the room, or an individually cooked breakfast with all the attention to personal food preferences. Thanks to the sister hosts, the overall atmosphere is fantastic. Jumba made me love Istanbul even more. )

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Moldova

I recently stayed at Jumba a couple of weeks ago with my son on a RTW trip and it's undoubtedly the best hostel we've stayed at. The three sisters that run the hostel are wonderful hosts and pretty much make you feel like family. The location is fantastic. Just about anything you need is nearby. The rooms were probably the most comfortable I've stayed in out of any hostel, especially for the more than reasonable prices. Just an all-around great place to stay in Istanbul!

• 5th Mar 2014

Love this hostel! It's small and friendly so you will meet other guests and get to know the sisters who run the hostel. They are very nice and put so much effort into keeping the place clean and serving a full Turkish breakfast that varies a little each day. I loved the location in a cool neighborhood close to restaurants, bars, the Istanbul Modern, and still a 20-30 minute walk or very quick tram ride away from the historical center. Highly recommend if you like a local atmosphere and breakfast

1 2 3 4 Next » last »