Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

We had a lovely stay and would always stay at jumba again!

• 30th Apr 2014

We had a very good time at Jumba Hostel.The staff is awesome, very helpful and open-minded! Everything was really new and clean. The location is also perfect to discover Istanbul! We would definitely come back!

• 30th Apr 2014

Wonderful place, very clean, walkable to most places/trams. The hosts were so nice and helpful - would definitely recommend and stay again. Only bad thing was the outside noise, but that cant be helped!

My stay in Istanbul has been one of the best experiences I have had and largely thanks to my stay at Jumba hostel. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left I felt taken care of. I can go into the details of analyzing bits and pices of the hostel, but that's something Jumba matches other hostels and exceeds in most of these parameters and with only a few drawbacks. What sets Jumba apart is it's character. For me I can say I have found a "Home away from Home".

i was welcomed and treated with love as in no hostel or hotel ever before. I found the lack of locks for lockers problematic but i shortly realized they are as pointless as they were in my family house.

We had a awesome time at Jumba! It is great for getting into contact with other travellers. Furthermore we spent a super night with live music, midnight-snack and dancing (at places we would have never discovered by our own) with the super-nice girls (plus friends) from JUMBA :) -thank you for all, we will come back. Jumba is recommendable because of the location (few minutes to Istiklal Cad.), the informal atmosphere, the nice rooms, the tasty breakfast and the hospitality.

• 17th Apr 2014

This hostel was great! The sisters were lovely and very helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

Lovely hostel, excellent location!!!!! Staff were super friendly and double rooms modern and good feel. Nice Roof terrace! En suite is extremly small, you have to open the door to open shower door and get up, but there is a hair dryer which was awesome!! Downside, In a 5 Night stay not even our bins were emptied. Breakfast was very late, 9am, and I wouldn't say it's a cooking hostel as although you can cook it is cramped and the stove doubles up as the staffs office.

Lahika, you were just an amzing host. Your smile and outgoing nature made my stay. Thank you for the pertinent information you gave us, the political discussions and the great restaurant tips.

• 11th Apr 2014

Jumba was a great hostel in a fabulous location of the city. The staff were a real feature of this place and could not have been more helpful with recommendations of where to go and what to do and how to get there. The breakfast each day was also great. Thanks for a great stay!

The Jumba sisters rock. So cool to see three young women running a good business. They have fun and enjoy their guests. Warm tasty breakfast every morning, free access to tea / etc throughout the day. Good location near Taksim, but a 10 min walk from any major public transport. Everything in building is new. Beds are super comfortable.

Great hostel all around. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the double room was clean and cozy.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Finland

The ladıes that own thıs place are fantastıc! Incredıbly helpfulş I am Amerıcan and so my language skılls ın anythıng but Englısh are neglıgıble but the sısters were great and made ıt easy for me

• 30th Mar 2014