Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Absolutely loved staying at Jumba, the girls are amazing. It feels like you are staying with friends. It also has a great rooftop and the location is perfect for shopping, restaurants, coffee shops... pretty much everything! They made is French toast in the morning, so delicious. We also went out partying with 2 of the sisters and had a lot of fun! We highly recommend it!!

The hostel itself is so cute and homie. Really clean and the vibe is really cool. The three sisters running the hostel; Lahika, Alev and Eda are such great people. They are so welcoming and warm and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Alev even made us a sandwich to take on our bus ride to the airport cause we were leaving super early in the morning and probably wouldn't have had breakfast. So sweet! We're just about to book another night at Jumba Hostel!

Staff is incredibly friendly and the atmosphere was really welcoming! Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hostel/hotel so far! Recommended!

• 21st Aug 2014

The sisters are all lovely and the hostel is new, clean and in a great location. Breakfast is included and delicious, as are the resturaunts in the area that they will recommend for you. All reasonable prcies too. Babel was a favourite for us. Do yourself a favour and stay here. We will again when in istanbul next! Cheers!

This is by far the BEST hostel experience you could ask for in Istanbul. As other reviewers have mentioned, the owners are three sisters who are so warm, helpful, and funny, they truly make Jumba feel like a second home. The hostel itself is conveniently located near bustling Istiklal Avenue and only a tram ride away from Sultanahmet. Jumba's intimate atmosphere makes it easy to meet other hostel guests and make new friends. I miss this place already! You won't regret staying here!

• 11th Aug 2014

The most lovely hostel owners I have ever met! So helpful and chatty. Also an amazing location! Would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Aug 2014

We were very impressed with Jumba - such a sweet and stylish little boutique hotel and we were made to feel very welcome - thank you!

• 5th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel and amazing atmosphere! Every morning there is free hot breakfast and it's actually really good. Small size means you really get to know the people who are staying there and hang out with them. The sisters who run the hostel are really great and make you feel at home. Plus it's in a really fun, hip part of town. I will definitely be staying here next time I come to Istanbul!

the sisters are really nice and friendly! Best place to stay!

This hostel is the best. Seriously. The owners are great, best breakfast of all time, I had so much fun and met so many great people. Rooms are nice and cool in summer and wifi works perfectly. Would defs recommend!

I loved my stay at Jumba hostel and will definitely come back next time I go to Istanbul. It is located in the heart of the "nightlife area", but in a quiet street, so it's not noisy. The facilities are great, very clean, and the staff is not only extremely friendly, but also a great source of tourist tips, from places to visit to places to party. I highly recommend to stay in this hostel, it will make your Istanbul stay very pleasant, it certainly made mine!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Lovely staff and lovely atmosphere. Perfect place to stay if you plan to go in Istanbul. I would recommend it to anyone!

• 1st Aug 2014

Lovely staff (the sisters are really friendly), warm and welcoming atmosphere, excellent location!

had a great time @jumba! very nice hosts, cosy atmosphere and perfect location. hope to see you again!

Jumba is a very nice and comfortable hostel located between busy Istiklal Caddesi and quiet and charming Cihangir. The location is great to explore both areas, even though I recommend the latter, with its haphazard streets and cosy cafés. The rooms are small but comfortable, there is also a nice terrace which is great to hang out in the evening, and the staff are absolutely friendly and helpful (they prepare a great breakfast). You will definitely feel at home.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Spain

We stayed in a deluxe twin bedroom ensuite. The hostel is new and the facilities very stylish. Very clean, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, familiar atmosphere, nicely located. There are just 2 little things that could have been better: The room was very small and there was just Internet in the lobby and not in the room. But we were in the room only for sleeping anyway. So you don't need so much space. There is also a great rooftop on top of the hostel! So I can really recommend the hostel!

• 28th Jul 2014