Jumba Hostel Reviews

Firuzaga Mahallesi, Hayriye Caddesi No:22 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Jumba is the best hostel I’ve ever been. It is new, very clean, and in an excellent location very close to the Istiklal Street. What make this hostel amazing are the sisters who run it. Every morning they make you amazing breakfast. They even took us out one night. Lahika, Alev and Eda, thank you so much for your hospitality. I highly recommend this hostel and looking forward to coming back soon.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Jumba is really nice and in a super cool location. The sisters are friendly enough and the breakfast is amazing. To make it 100% they needed to do more to make it feel like a hostel atmosphere - walking tours, nights out etc. As it is it just felt like we got a great deal on a nice hotel.

Jumba is a great hostel in a really cool area of Istanbul. It's within easy walking distance of the old town and sites but is near taksim and in a alternative part of the city with great cafés and boutiques near by. The sisters were lovely and made us feel very welcome. The free breakfast was delicious. The only negative would be the room size being very small (we booked a twin private) but this was ok as we didn't need to spend much time in there anyway.

The location is very good. The room is small but very clean and cozy! Three sisters, who run the hostel, are very nice and hospitabl. I love everyday breakfast they prepare!!

Super helpful and friendly staff, thank you!

Amazing hostel. Beautiful and friendly hosts who made sure to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Excellent place for couples or solo travelers.

• 12th Sep 2014

We absolutely loved Jumba! The staff was helpful, friendly, and overall great people. They are super accommodating to their guests and even made us homemade breakfasts every morning. The rooms are a bit small, but honestly just enough, and we loved the decor in each room. The area the hostel is in is also one of the best to stay in Istanbul, in my opinion. A very neighborhood feel, with lots of cute shops, bars and markets. I would recommend Jumba to anyone traveling to Istanbul!

I had a very enjoyable stay in the 4 person dorm. The location was excellent, with good access to Istiklal Caddesi. The hosts were amazing - very welcoming, personable, and helpful. If you're looking to select just one hostel for your stay in Istanbul, you might want to find something in the Old City for better access to the main sites. Jumba was my second hostel, and a great base to explore the area.

The owners - three sisters- are very lovely, always helpful and great to talk to. Location is great, 4 bedroom dorm a little small but all in all I had nothing to complain except the part that there were no lockers. Yet as it is a small hostel, I didn't feel unsafe leaving my stuff and had my valuables with me at all times. Thank you sisters!

perfect location

• 7th Sep 2014

We enjoyed staying at jumba! Alev and all her sisters were very nice and helpful, great advices! There is nothing to complain about, we will definitely return at Jumba the next time we come in Istanbul. Thanks!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed at Jumba for one week with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed our time there! The hostel was really cozy and the sisters who run it were really friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. The location was also great since Beyoglu is a very nice neigbourhood with lots of good restaurants, bars and small shops and a cool atmoshere. The only downside was that our room was a bit small (we stayed in a twin room), so I would recommend the double room if you want more space.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »