Jungle Hostel Reviews

486(2) Vagator Beach Road, Next to Mango Tree Restaurant, Goa, India

Great friendly hostel, awesome community area. Clean & comfy bunks, good hot water. Staff were very helpful & polite, especially Evelyn & l think Maryanne. LOVED the breakfast. Great location, only minutes from beach & nightlife. Wish l could have stayed longer!

Not a bad Hostel but Goa is full of options for accommodation and for the same money you can get a much better place....Wifi was not working on the rooms and the guy who works at the reception at nights was absolutely drunk and unfriendly (the girls of the day shift are really nice)

It was a busy weekend in India so getting beds was lucky for us. There was a big crowd and the atmosphere was fab. As far as the hostel goes, it's basic but it's all you need for the Goan beach experience. Wifi, free breakfast, locker cages under your bed-bunk and a warm shower... What more could you ask for. The staff are also friendly and not in your face!

Oh god. I had an ac room but it was dirty and filled with mosquitoes, ants, and spiders. Probably because of the broken window in the bathroom that was letting all the bugs in and ac out. Nice place to meet people but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Hey there. We're committed to building a community of travelers at our hostel and we're happy that you appreciate that. Our rooms and bathrooms are cleaned everyday and the bathroom window is deliberately left open to accommodate an exhaust fan. Ants, spiders and mosquitoes are simply part of the jungle that's in our backyard and we wouldn't change that for the world..

great place in the jungle near the beach. Beware that private rooms are about 5 mins walk away--beware especially in monsoon season when that walk is not pleasant!

I was supposed to stay only for 4 nights I ended up staying for 9, great place to relax and chill, you have everything you need to a walking distance but it is better if you rent a scooter to drive around Goa. I would recommend for sure to anyone who is traveling to Goa

Such a welcoming place! Highly recommended for backpackers. I will be back for sure.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • India

It is a really fun place to stay, not necessarily right next to all the bars but the location is amazing. It's a really good place to relax and chill. There really is an ant problem though. You can't set your food down or have any in any of your bags. They will swarm.

It was really a great experience staying at jungle Hostel. I booked a dorm bed and it was so good.

Loved the common room! Great for the rainy days. Location in terms of the beach was good and the bar next door, Mango Tree, was a magnet for other back packers in the evenings which was great. Really enjoyed our stay!

Such an awesome hostel to hang out in and make friends. Very open and relaxed atmosphere. Make sure you book extra nights than you expect to stay.. I came back twice!

• 1st Aug 2014

Excellent place!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • keshavmantri918251
  • India

No hot water. Loads of ants, bugs, mosquites everywhere. Even saw a lump of ants in the free breakfast food. Staff was extremely friendly, the lobby/lounge was great. Awesome place to meet people and hang out and chill.

• 18th Jul 2014

Hey there. We're glad you enjoyed chilling in our common room and meeting people. Just to clarify - we do have hot water, but the water in the bathroom has to run for a minute before the hot water arrives. A real jungle in the backyard comes with immense beauty and challenges which include 100% humidity, crazy rain and insects trying to run away from the rain. However, without the rain, there would be no rainbow..

Had a fab stay at Jungle Hostel. Met some really nice people, and the staff were super friendly. Really great atmosphere, would definitely recommend to anyone, especially people travelling alone.

Wonderful hostel! I would stay here again in an instant. The place has a lovely atmosphere, the staff are very friendly, and it's in a beautiful spot. However, you'll need to learn how to ride a scooter or have a friend who does as it's the best way to see Goa. You can rent them at a good price from the hostel. The free breakfast is also a bonus - if you get up early enough there are samosas!

One of the best hotels I've been to in India. The staff was fantastic, a shout out to Babal and Max who went above and beyond the call of duty and became my friends. I was planning on staying 2 days end ended up staying a week, and only because I couldn't change my flight. There's a great restaurant just outside the hotel and you can easily rent scooters from reception. The atmosphere was great, I had some unforgettable times in the common room with travelers who are now friends.

This was the first time I'd been there, but Jungle World is definitely where I'm going to stay the next time I'm in Goa. It has this really congenial atmosphere which you don't find easily. The common room is great, it's clean, and comfortable - lots of books and games. We went in the monsoons, and ended up staying indoors quite a bit (which wasn't hard at all, we were very happy just lazing around in the common room). Met lots of nice people - both the staff and the guests were very nice :)

• 14th Jun 2014
  • India

Very nice hostel with great atmosphere! Good for meeting other travelers and a nice place to hang out for a while!

Really like every bit of my time at the hostel. Nice service and friendly staff. The amenities were appropriate and gave a feeling of home to us. The decor was nicely done and was very welcoming.

• 18th May 2014
  • India

Jungle hostel is by far the best hostel I've stayed at in the whole world. Loved it and was sad to go. It has everything the cheap traveler could possibly need. Besides the cheap rates, Jungle hostel has excellent wifi, showers, towels, breakfast, clean drinking water, snacks, beer, nice places to lounge around, excellent/informative staff, scooters for rent, telephones, computers, travel guide books, and the list goes on. If you're making a trip to Goa, stay here!