8.7
Fabulous 58 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 58 Total Reviews
Jungle Monkey and The Island Backpackers Lodge Located at 2 Berea Road, , Port St Johns.
South Africa
Port St Johns 5120 2 Berea Road
87% 58
-31.6375985 29.5394897
    Rooms available

26th Dec 2015
7.4

No locks on the dorm door and no where to lock up your stuff in the dorm either, didn't really bother me but it's a good thing to have. Sleeping in the dorm next to the bar was very noisy since there was live music until 4 am, good to know. Facilities was nothing special, but the ones I used worked properly at least. Good stuff was the nice view, nice bar and nice food in the bar.

• South Africa, Male, 31-40
28th Oct 2015
6.0

oors doesn't lock. Not sure about the safety of the area.

3rd Oct 2015

Jungle Monkey is a great place to stay. After arranging my stay and setting up my shuttle from the Baz Bus drop off in Mthatha via a really bad Skype connection on my end, staff made me feel welcomed by buying me my first drink (everyone has to have drink in the Jungle Monkey bar) and I was given immediate help trying o figure out what activity to do the next day. On my last day, Papa G, one of the owners, took me on tour of Port St. Johns and up to the airstrip for spectacular views!

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 25-30