Jungut Inn Reviews

Monkey Forest Road, Arjuna Lane, Ubud, Indonesia

I arrived at Jungutt Inn after making a reservation on Hostelworld. Not only were the staff unfriendly they seemed to have no idea what hostelworld was. I then spoke to who I assume was the owner over the phone. He told me he hadn't received a booking email from Hostelworld and that he was out of the area at the moment. Long story short he pocketed my deposit and we ended up with nowhere to stay during peak season in Bali. My advice: avoid Jungutt Inn or you'll find yourself stranded.

• 28th Jul 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights. The owner was very helpful and he even took me to a nearby clinic when I got sick! The location is really close to Ubud Market, Ubud Palace, and lots of restautants and cafes.

They did not show up at the airport to get us even though we had emailed our flight info. When we showed up they informed us that the hostel was overbooked and we would need to be moved to another place. The person running the hostel disappeared immediately and then an hour later showed back up saying we were still waiting for the other hostel to come get us (it was 1 km away). The new hostel gave us a room that was less than what we booked. They have not responded to any of our emails.

The guest house is located just around the corner from the main strip of action in Ubud, which means it's quiet but close to everything. A little Hindu shrine and gardens are withinthe compound which makes for a beautiful atmosphere. Also, the staff is sweet, and the wifi is decent for Bali. All in all, it was a great experience and value for me.

Exactly as advertised and good value for money. One minute away from the main road and ten minutes away from the Monkey Forest. I found it a good location to walk to places. Breakfast on the verandah was nice. The inn is an bit older but met my needs well. Cheap food down the lane and quiet at night.

same same as other homestays in the street only Double the price. wifi Not working the whole time and horrible second bed. just go to One of the other places 20m down the road and pay120.000idr for a twin room that is nicer and has better breakfast and everything.

• 21st May 2014

The owner is so nice and cares a lot about his guest! We had a great stay in jungut inn and would definitely go there again.

Jungut Inn is conveniently located in the heart of Ubud. The place itself is quite quiet (but as soon as you step outside it's a different story) and the family that runs it is nice. The included breakfast consisted of a banana pancake and a very generous fruit salad.

The owner, Putu, was so kind and great help for everything I wanted to know and he arranged trips for a VERY good price.

We had a room on the second floor, overlooking an amazing courtyard. Each morning we ate breakfast on our little balcony and the included breakfast was delicious and filling. Jungut Inn is down a small side street, a little difficult to find on our rainy walk through the town, but once we found it and settled in it was the perfect gateway to explore Ubud. Everything was within walking distance and the owner was very helpful in arranging our transportation onwards to Kuta.

View all Ubud Bed and Breakfasts