Jungut Inn Reviews

Monkey Forest Road, Arjuna Lane, Ubud, Indonesia

Perfect place to stay in Ubud!!

Excellent location, clean spacious rooms set in a beautiful location. Good breakfast and friendly staff and locals. Would definitely stay here again.

A beautiful Balinese experience snuck away from the madness of Monkey Forest Road. The residents of the commune painted a wonderful portrait of life in Bali, and the owners topped the cake with their compassionate cooking and care-taking! A real treat for the soul, and the tummy!

This hostel has friendly staff, a lovely Balinese-temple-vibe, and is located close (but not too close) to the busy bustling shops of Monkey Forest Road. The room was decent, and wi-fi worked well, but the bathroom seemed dirty to us, and the shower was cold and came out barely a trickle. We'd still recommend coming here as it's very nice otherwise, and maybe we just got unlucky with the bathroom.

I arrived at Jungutt Inn after making a reservation on Hostelworld. Not only were the staff unfriendly they seemed to have no idea what hostelworld was. I then spoke to who I assume was the owner over the phone. He told me he hadn't received a booking email from Hostelworld and that he was out of the area at the moment. Long story short he pocketed my deposit and we ended up with nowhere to stay during peak season in Bali. My advice: avoid Jungutt Inn or you'll find yourself stranded.

• 28th Jul 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights. The owner was very helpful and he even took me to a nearby clinic when I got sick! The location is really close to Ubud Market, Ubud Palace, and lots of restautants and cafes.

They did not show up at the airport to get us even though we had emailed our flight info. When we showed up they informed us that the hostel was overbooked and we would need to be moved to another place. The person running the hostel disappeared immediately and then an hour later showed back up saying we were still waiting for the other hostel to come get us (it was 1 km away). The new hostel gave us a room that was less than what we booked. They have not responded to any of our emails.

View all Ubud Bed and Breakfasts