Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo Reviews

600,Waitomo caves road, RD5 Te Kuiti, Waitomo, New Zealand

good hostel, attentive front desk worker, the fireplace was so cozy at night after being in the freezing cold blackwater rafting cave.

If you travel Intercity, ask to have them drop you off since you pass it on the way to town. The hostel is right across the area where the Black Water Rafting Co tours start so it was really convenient. The room was comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. The man that works there is a real jokester so prepare to be picked on a bit. He's nice though and will give you a ride if you need it.

Lovely hostel. Wish I'd known just how lovely before I planned to leave after only one night! Could definitely spend a lot more time here, especially in the summer.

Nice, warm and cozy. Staff really friendly. Kitchen kind of dirty, but close proximity to The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co. is a plus (on opposite side of road)

Great hostel! Really nice location, nice garden! And the staff was so nice too! We had to wait until 6pm for our bus and the aloud us to use te kitchen and living room for free. I really recommend this hostel! The only thing that I missed where some lockers in the room and the mattress weren't that great.. Ps the tubing in the caves is amazing!!

It is a bit far from the caves and info center in town. But otherwise clean, quiet, and overall good stay.

Very nice place and the staff are fantastic.

Very accommodating hostel owner and really helped us out choosing the best tours for the best price. Would definitely stay here again as the surroundings are beautiful and the hammocks are great to relax in

• 26th Feb 2015

Lovely, quiet little place which is very convenient located if you want to do any of the black water rafting. The guy running the place is awesome as well, as is the little dog guarding the place. Cheers guys!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Wales

A lovely relaxing place to stay. Dave was really friendly and dropped us at the bus stop in the village (and brought my towel down when I left it behind!) There was a wide selection of board games and DVDs to watch as well as a pool and a tennis court. It was very clean and reasonably priced. It looked like it had a very nice camping ground too. I would definitely recommend for anyone to stay here :)

We stayed here after our Black Water Rafting tour & it was literally right down the street from the tour. Our rooms all had locks but the main doors were always open. The reception is only open till 8pm so that's something to be cautious of. There's a large kitchen and common room area which was great to lounge around in. We didn't get to use it but there was a beautiful pool as well. There are plenty of showers and toilets which was nice.

Stephanie was so very helpful. She picked us up from isite and dropped us off. She also dropped my sunglasses off at the bus stop when i left them behind

This was a great hostel. The way it was set up allowed a very social environment so I met many other travelers. The staff were extremely friendly and also had very interesting personalities which also made the experience better. =) I also appreciated the small amount of groceries they sell in the hostel - there is no supermarket in Waitomo, so short of having a Toblerone for dinner, I was able to buy some actual food which was good!

Dave the manager is great and very helpful. Hammocks we're awesome, comfy sofas, Mattresses are a soft foam, not a real mattress. Really close to the caves, 10min walk to the village- not that there is much there! Also hostel sells beNs, noodles, bread eggs etc... More than the general store!

Fab hostel, really clean and good common areas. Staff are really friendly and welcoming. Short walk to main cavescaves. Would definitely stay here again.

Receptionist is most bubbly and find list and happy person. Keep it up

Stephanie the receptionist was awesome! She makes it an extra special place

• 21st Jan 2015

Nice hostel, in a very peaceful location. Great kitchen facilities, lovely deck and hammocks to relax on. Rooms clean, adequately sized. Bathroom clean and good water pressure in showers!

Shower room is clean. A bit dissapointing can't use wifi. But you can meet fantastic worker.