Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo

Fabulous 398 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Mar 2017
8.0

A little bit in the middle of nowhere sp bring groceries but Dave (the owner) was so lovely and accommodating! Also his dog is super cute! Only other thing would be that for me it wasn't the easiest place to meet people but it may have just been my luck!

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

Junohall was an absolutely incredible experience. Not only were the facilities more than we had hoped for, but Steph, Dave, and Juno were so kind and amazing. We especially loved the animals on the farm next to the hostel! We will definitely be staying there again on our next trip through New Zealand.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Mar 2017
7.4

The main & back doors to the hostel are usually left wide open allowing a cold breeze to flow throughout the hostel. The weather was chilly while I was there. They have a salt water pool outside and offer free shuttles to Roselands Restaurant where you can get an all you can eat buffet for NZ $10 which I think is a deal just for Juno's. There are instant noodles and instant pasta for sale as well as bread by slice or shop/ cafe 10 mins walk small selection. I booked as it is next to my activity.

3rd Mar 2017

Fun place to stay if your looking at going to the caves the next day. 2 min drive to the caves, has a pool, and fun staff. Will definitely recommend this place.

2nd Mar 2017

One of the nicer hostels in New Zealand. Despite being full, fairly quiet and kitchen cleaner than others. Small swimming pool. Lots of DVDs and books. Staffer Dave is delightful; kept us entertained, showed us the pet animals, and advised us on options to see glow worms, including the best caves and free walking trails.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
27th Feb 2017

Loooooved this hostel! Farm cabin living. Hammocks. Pool. Farm animals. Amazing receptionist! She was a blast and very knowledgable. Plus very close to waitomo's black water rafting for glow worm cave tours and minutes away from town. Definitely going to revisit next time I come to NZ!!

• Croatia, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Feb 2017

The only complaint I have is that there are no lockers for bags. This results in a bit of mistrust and paranoia about leaving stuff in the room which are rarely locked (dorm rooms). Luckily nothing of mine got stolen, nor did I hear about anyone else having the problem. A nice crowd effort on keeping each others belongings safe! Other than that, suuuuper friendly staff! Very cool place :D Pool was awesome to use by myself!

13th Feb 2017

A very pleasant hostel experience, lots of comfy outdoor seating on the wraparound deck, directly across from the main attraction of the town, and adorable piglets as an unexpected bonus. :)

11th Feb 2017

I absolutely loved my stay here! Staff is so friendly and helpful, Dave (?) picked me up from the i-SITE and dropped me off the next morning to catch my bus. Atmosphere is very open, an amazing place to stay for solo travelers.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Awesome place, had a very mountain lodge feel to it. Great big windows with beautiful views and super comfortable beds. Hammocks out back and the token pet dog are nice touches.