Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo

8.8
Fabulous 379 Total Reviews

• Croatia, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Feb 2017

The only complaint I have is that there are no lockers for bags. This results in a bit of mistrust and paranoia about leaving stuff in the room which are rarely locked (dorm rooms). Luckily nothing of mine got stolen, nor did I hear about anyone else having the problem. A nice crowd effort on keeping each others belongings safe! Other than that, suuuuper friendly staff! Very cool place :D Pool was awesome to use by myself!

13th Feb 2017

A very pleasant hostel experience, lots of comfy outdoor seating on the wraparound deck, directly across from the main attraction of the town, and adorable piglets as an unexpected bonus. :)

11th Feb 2017

I absolutely loved my stay here! Staff is so friendly and helpful, Dave (?) picked me up from the i-SITE and dropped me off the next morning to catch my bus. Atmosphere is very open, an amazing place to stay for solo travelers.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Awesome place, had a very mountain lodge feel to it. Great big windows with beautiful views and super comfortable beds. Hammocks out back and the token pet dog are nice touches.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Feb 2017

The area was absolutley beautiful and the hostel is in an amazing location. It's very peaceful and I loved visiting the animals that live on the hostel property! It is a short walk from the Glow Worm caves and a bunch of lovely walks in the area. The staff are really nice and accommodating and drove me and my partner to the town when we had our packs. Stephanie at the front desk was super bubbly and friendly and a joy to be around! Thank you for having us stay at your hostel!

4th Feb 2017

Steph behind the reception was really lovely, and so helpful with everything! It was really clean as well. No lockers, but had a pool, and was close to the glow worm caves. Nice chilled atmosphere in the evenings, and a farm next door with baby piglets and a dear! Really enjoyed my stay here

• gemmajolly
  • England, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
4th Feb 2017

This is a great hostel. Stephanie is an amazing host and is super lovely. The hostel itself is clean and had everything you need. It's not far from waitomo village. It also has the cutest baby pigs.

3rd Feb 2017

Comfy bed, friendly people, clean facilities and helpful staff. Will definitely stay again if I go back to that area!

2nd Feb 2017
8.0

Really nice homely hostel with plenty of DVDs to choose from which is great as there's not all that much going on in Waitomo at night! Only down side was that as campers stay here as well the hostel is left open all night and there's no way to lock dorm rooms from the inside so I worried a little about my important belongings. But all good apart from that and I would stay here again!

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 41+
28th Jan 2017
7.7

This hostel was in a beautiful location with lovely views over the valley. It was clean, tidy and well organized. There were animals nearby and a lovely little dog called Max. The salt water pool was a bonus. Our only compliant was the male staff member who followed us into the bathroom which was labelled "ladies". This is totally unacceptable, and what he had to say had already been said so there was no need for him to be there.