Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo Reviews

600,Waitomo caves road, RD5 Te Kuiti, Waitomo, New Zealand

One of the best hostels I stayed at. It was spotless and so quiet! I had a great night of sleep. We were able to watch movies at night. The staff was very helpful and very nice. They even dropped us off at the bus station. The only downside is that it's far away from the "center" but there's not a lot to do there anyways and no real supermarket either. So bring your food or buy some at the hostel (basic but enough for a night). Definitely would stay there again!

• 10th Feb 2016

It was a very nice hostel to relax in. The courtesy shuttle was an excellent plus for getting to and from your bus. Max the dog is great too!

Great hostel, nothing fancy but has everything you need. Could do with a bit of a renovation but it's perfect for a night or two. Beautiful location and when the weather is good very idyllic. Remember to take supplies with you! Local shop is 20 min walk and doesn't really sell that much.

If you are going to stay here remember that you will be in the middle of nowhere! If you are a smoker then I'd suggest you bulk buy before you go as the closest shop selling them is a 20min drive away (for those of you on foot I hope this helps) apart from that the hostel has great facilities, large kitchen, very accommodating staff!

and staff. Clean and tidy hostel in amazing surroundings.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

I absolutely love this place. The girl at reception (I can't remember her name) is SO sweet and helpful. She even gave me a ride to the waitomo because my luggage was too much to carry. The view--PHENOMENAL. It's a fairy tale view and when I woke up there was a fog rolling through, I thought I was in Scotland. There's also tons of trails around and movies if it's a rainy day. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Juno Hall is awesome; however, this is due to Dave & Stephanie who keep the place going. My bus dropped me at the wrong place and stephanie came and picked myself and all my bags up so I didn't have to trek (really not that far, but with heavy bags it can be) to the hostel. They immediately made you feel welcome. It is a very relaxed environment that lets you disconnect for a little bit (if that is what you are looking for). The showers were AMAZING, there is a pool, hammocks, movies, games!

• 12th Jan 2016

The staff were kind and the setting was beautiful. Right on some farmland with horses and a deer! I would go back in a heart beat

Great location for visiting the area. Close to all the cave attractions. Beautiful views of the scenery from the sociable BBQ deck

Awesome staff! Great place to stay

Loved this hostel a lot! Greeted by the lovely Stephanie on arrival, who was very bubbly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean, bathrooms were great too. Lots of outdoor space for lounging around and a pool area too, which was great for relaxing the afternoon we got there. A little further from the village than other hostels, so better located for those with a car! Great atmosphere and we met some lovely people!

Loved this hostel! It looks like a getaway cabin and the people, as well as staff were extremely friendly. The receptionist was hilarious! I didn't catch your name but thank you so much for the phone charger, it made my Christmas :) (Thank you to one of the patrons - Emily who let me borrow hers in the middle of the night) The only complaint i would have is that this was the most difficult place for me to find, please put up better signage! Other than that, i would definitely stay here again.

-had (again) issues with connecting to WiFi and getting a stable (sufficient) connection -located remote from everything but close to Waitomo Caves

Awesome staff and the atmosphere is great, just feels like home :)

• 11th Dec 2015

We had a wonderful stay at Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo. Wonderful views and atmosphere. We only stayed there a night, but would love to come back again!

Very roomy, beautiful hostel with stunning surroundings. Close to the Black Water rafting. Big kitchen with all the kitchen supplies needed, big dining area, ate breakfast and dinner outside in the sun. Pool and many sofas are a big plus! But very expensive wifi. Clean facilities and rooms, could be better ventilations in the rooms though. A lovely dog and cat running arpund the hostel makes is feel like home!

Very nice, cosy atmosphere. Manager really nice. Big and tidy kitchen. Tidy room. The only downside might be the price (but it's worth it)

• 21st Nov 2015

Really nice atmosphere, very cozy. Nice pool and the whole place was very clean. Only complaint is that the beds were very uncomfortable, like just terrible thin mattresses, even by bad hostel bed standards.

• 21st Nov 2015

Everything about this hostel was so great....except for the beds! They worst thinnest mattresses I've ever slept on, it was like sleeping with a comforter blanke over hardwood. Which is a shame because everything else was really excellent.

Probably the most friendly hostel I have ever seen.