Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo Reviews

600,Waitomo caves road, RD5 Te Kuiti, Waitomo, New Zealand

The staff are really friendly at this little hostel, happy to answer any questions and give you a lift to the bus stop so you don't need to walk with your backpack. So many comfy sofas to curl up on after a day of caving and lots of DVDs to keep you entertained in the evenings :)

I absolutely loved the hostel!! Atmosphere was so chilled out and relaxed. Loved watching the piglets running around and anjoying the sun in the garden. Nakedbus stops right infront of it and black water rafting is 1 min walk to get to.

It's an hostel a bit far away from the main road but the location it's really amazing. In an extremely peaceful place, plenty of space to park around, huge living room and kitchen. Wi-Fi works perfectly!

love the place and the ambiance

Good location, and nice common room and kitchen area. For me the best part was the staff (Dave, maybe?). He offered some really helpful advice on booking caving tours that ended up saving me a lot of money. Didn't have a completely spic and span feel to it but I think that's mainly due to the fact that the building is a bit older. They do charge for wifi which always annoys me.

Excellent hostel to stay! Great and friendly atmosphere, staff was helpful everytime, very calm and isolated location, perfect for rest after the caving expeditions and share your experience with others. If you use the Black Water Rafting services, just cross the street and you are already there!

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff were cool, it was clean, the atmosphere was amazing and everything worked.

I was pleasantly surprised by this cosy little hostel. The location was great for our rafting trip, the company we went with ere across the road. The manager was helpful and friendly. The beds weren't the comfiest but they were clean and a towel was lent to me no hassles which ain't always the case at the bigger less friendly hostels! Would def recommend to other travellers and would happily stay there again.

Enjoyed staying at Juno hall. Really nice, friendly and kind staff.

• 11th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Was a nice place to stay, had a homely feel. Only problem was that I had booked my sisters and I into a 5 bedroom female dorm, only to find after we had arrived and checked in that in fact they had placed us in a 6 bedroom mixed dorm (we found out because a guy walked in on my sister getting changed). Not ideal. The staff/ owners weren't very well equipped to deal with the problem either as they were fully booked and couldn't / didn't really bother trying to shuffle people about.

• 7th Dec 2013

Great hostel. Very comfortable beds and common area. Spacious and equipped kitchen. Staff are super helpful. Nakedbus stops at the driveway. Only problem is Waitomo has literally nothing in it aside from caves.