K Road City Travellers Reviews

146 Karangahape road, Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel. Great location, free breakfast, and free Internet, plus the staff is very helpful, Charles in particular is very knowledgeable and always ready to help. The hostel has been recently redecorated, has got a terrace upstairs good for smokers or for a drink outside when is hot, computers are available at all times. I have no hesitation in recommending this hostel, and I met several people who were coming back to this hostel for the second or third time.

Decent hostel, nice that breakfast is included even if its only bread and jam. Not to far from downtown, and really close to some awesome thrift/charity shops.

Average hostel, no activities offered, but location is good.

Good hostel. Free wifi and breakfast. Good view of rooftops from outdoor balcony.

Clean hostel, comfy beds and a nice communal space. There is absolutely no point advertising fre WiFi though as it is awful - even on the computers downstairs that are advertised as an internet cafe!! Staff didn't seem to know much about auckland, which is a real let down, but they were happy to help with problems in the hostel.

Nice place, new facilities and a cool rooftop balcony. 4-person dorm room was quite small and the bunk beds are not for large people. Not many bathrooms, clean but small in size.

Nice little place, but the beds need a serious de-sqeeking.

Nice and clean little hostel in the city center with everything you need nearby. Not a party place as there seemed not much to be going on.

Was happy with my stay in KRoad Travellers. BF was sufficient. Bed, linen was fine. Number of Food joints around.Staff was helpful. Only problem was that if some one arrives late night he/she has to wait on the road till the staff opens the door at 8am, which is very unsafe.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • India

Hi, Our customers are always able to get into the Hostel, we provide the code to them as they provide us their arrival time. Our staff tell all our guests the code to enter the building.

A nice and simple hostel.. good location on K Road, I found it a little tricky to find though. The staff here are nice and friendly, the living areas are continuously cleaned and there is usually a nice atmosphere around this place. I have had a pleasant stay here with the FREE breakfasts, access to computers and WIFI for FREE. All facilities needed are available. Overall, very good value for money. Thankyou K Road City Travellers.

Perfect location to explore the city center of Auckland, warm showers and a little terrace!

Great Stay! close to airport bus! nice people staying and nice staff.

• 14th Oct 2013

Free Breakfast, fast wifi, good kitchen, nice new rooms. Perfect location, in the middle of K road. Fast to walk everywhere

I enjoyed my stay at the k-road hostel, clean and quiet, nice people and staff, and really pleasant to have a breakfast every morning. Just the kitchen is too small for everyone, and the tools need to be changed,otherwise its ok, and the beds are quite noisy : every time your are moving, you wake up everyone....

Nice place to stay. I was upgraded to a twin room from a dorm, so I did end up sharing a room without lockers. The staff were great and the place was clean. The fire alarm went off at 5:30am though, and there was no one on site to help out. When someone called the emergency contact, they were just told to call the police.

It was a great stay in your place!!!

• 15th Sep 2013

This hostel is very well situated, near to close center of the city. Staff is very nice and helpful. The building of the hostel is old and its roof is under renovation. Rooms are not large and comfortable but clean and good enough for backpackers. Also bathrooms and toilets are clean. Adventages are following: free breakfasts and access to Internet, including Wi-Fi. I could recommend this hostel to other travelers.

Really nice and quiet place. Helpful and friendly staff. Good atmosphere also.

The "breakfast" was just bread and peanut butter. Still, that's better than nothing and I ate my share. Barely enough restrooms and showers for the people while I was staying there. Other travelers were nice, if a bit reserved. Good location away from all the craziness down on Queen Street, but close enough to walk there if you want to get crazy.

Awesome as always, my second stay on my trip to New Zealand. Thanks Charles, great to see you again! Highly recommended hostel with breakfast and great WiFi included, Rodge