K Road City Travellers Reviews

146 Karangahape road, Auckland City, Auckland, New Zealand

Nice place, new facilities and a cool rooftop balcony. 4-person dorm room was quite small and the bunk beds are not for large people. Not many bathrooms, clean but small in size.

Nice little place, but the beds need a serious de-sqeeking.

Nice and clean little hostel in the city center with everything you need nearby. Not a party place as there seemed not much to be going on.

Was happy with my stay in KRoad Travellers. BF was sufficient. Bed, linen was fine. Number of Food joints around.Staff was helpful. Only problem was that if some one arrives late night he/she has to wait on the road till the staff opens the door at 8am, which is very unsafe.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • India

Hi, Our customers are always able to get into the Hostel, we provide the code to them as they provide us their arrival time. Our staff tell all our guests the code to enter the building.

A nice and simple hostel.. good location on K Road, I found it a little tricky to find though. The staff here are nice and friendly, the living areas are continuously cleaned and there is usually a nice atmosphere around this place. I have had a pleasant stay here with the FREE breakfasts, access to computers and WIFI for FREE. All facilities needed are available. Overall, very good value for money. Thankyou K Road City Travellers.

Perfect location to explore the city center of Auckland, warm showers and a little terrace!

Great Stay! close to airport bus! nice people staying and nice staff.

• 14th Oct 2013

Free Breakfast, fast wifi, good kitchen, nice new rooms. Perfect location, in the middle of K road. Fast to walk everywhere

I enjoyed my stay at the k-road hostel, clean and quiet, nice people and staff, and really pleasant to have a breakfast every morning. Just the kitchen is too small for everyone, and the tools need to be changed,otherwise its ok, and the beds are quite noisy : every time your are moving, you wake up everyone....

Nice place to stay. I was upgraded to a twin room from a dorm, so I did end up sharing a room without lockers. The staff were great and the place was clean. The fire alarm went off at 5:30am though, and there was no one on site to help out. When someone called the emergency contact, they were just told to call the police.

It was a great stay in your place!!!

• 15th Sep 2013

This hostel is very well situated, near to close center of the city. Staff is very nice and helpful. The building of the hostel is old and its roof is under renovation. Rooms are not large and comfortable but clean and good enough for backpackers. Also bathrooms and toilets are clean. Adventages are following: free breakfasts and access to Internet, including Wi-Fi. I could recommend this hostel to other travelers.

Really nice and quiet place. Helpful and friendly staff. Good atmosphere also.

The "breakfast" was just bread and peanut butter. Still, that's better than nothing and I ate my share. Barely enough restrooms and showers for the people while I was staying there. Other travelers were nice, if a bit reserved. Good location away from all the craziness down on Queen Street, but close enough to walk there if you want to get crazy.

Awesome as always, my second stay on my trip to New Zealand. Thanks Charles, great to see you again! Highly recommended hostel with breakfast and great WiFi included, Rodge

The internet was really slow or it kicked me out at times. This was frustrating since I had to check in online as well as book tours and wasn't able to. I didn't get to do a few things that I was looking forward to doing because of the spotty internet connection

• 16th Aug 2013

I know there are some more in center of the city, but for me this one is little more quiet n hidden which is nice for me. No need location should be very middle of the city, a bit out is appropriate n this is it. You can feel this K road that I heard from it's somewhat cool,too. What it's important another is easy to get Aurport bus. What I made big mistake is that I moved to another hotel last day named J**y hotel located clocer to center, but it was really sucks. I should've not moved.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Japan

Security was a bit lower than expected. In the private rooms the door lock is a privacy type, I could open it in 20 seconds with a piece of plastic! No lockers in private rooms. Also from the window you could easily walk outside and enter other rooms if you liked. Maybe they have cameras but if so they are not very extensive or obvious. Other than that was all good, friendly staff and clean. Great location for airport bus. Would stay again.

K road city travelers is definately the best hostel ever. I truly felt like home, and I met amazing people that I know I'll keep in touch! The hostel is well run and has everything to make you happy. They provide you with free breakfast and FREE internet! The common room is great to share stories and to make friends easily. There's a great atmosphere, all areas are clean, I have nothing negative to say. Huge props to Charles, who's been awesome and helpful the whole time. He's a star !!

Friendly, helpful staff, great facilities and great location

• 29th Jun 2013