K's House Mt.Fuji Reviews

6713-108, Funatsu, Fujikawaguchiko, Minamitsuru-gu, Mount Fuji, Japan

This was an awesome hostel! I came with a friend we had best time. The staff super nice always willing help.

• 26th May 2015

Great hostel, perfect location, very friendly staff that went an extra mile to help out. Definitely recommend.

Was pretty disappointed after staying in other Ks house as staff were nowhere near as friendly as others, rooms are spacious and facilities were good though

Lovely hostel with a traditional feel in the common room. The location is great for viewing Mount Fuji. I would stay here again.

Very helpful staff at k's, although there maps could do with a little more detail on walks 😜. Great location for viewing Mt Fuji and for hiking all around. Would love to return one day. Just to note jr rail pass does not cover this area you need to pay extra which is approx ¥1400 one way from Otsuki.

Perfect place to stay is you want to make a Fuji trip. Clean, kind staff, good value for money.

It was great to stay at the K's house, but maybe the beds are really hard to sleep in, but maybe it is something about Japan and not about this hostel.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

An outstanding hostel stay, couldn't have wanted or needed more. Staff were amazing and their tour of the area excellent. I can't rate K's House at Mount Fuji highly enough.

Great hostel. Had a lovely stay here, the staff were very helpful. Facilities were great. We did the half day tour and Taro was a great guide and very knowledgeable :) This is a quiet hostel, great place to come and have a relax away from Tokyo.

Great location next to lake Kawaguchiko. Staff put on a great tour of the surrounding area (Fuji, Aokigahara forest, etc.) but it is only on certain days. Good social areas to meet and mix with other travelers. Kitchen has everything you need. Only criticism would be the 6 bed dorm I was in, the space between the bunk beds and wall was pretty small (a meter?) so for in room luggage space this particular room could be a bit cramped if you travel heavy. There were lockers under the beds though.

Nice place to stay. The dormetry delux is a bit narrow, but the beds are really nice and soft. Kitchen is well equipped. But the bathrooms could use an update. Staff is friendly and helpfull. You can rent a bike at the hostel, but the maintenance isn't done too well. However exploring the lake with the bike is still the best. Still, it's a good place to stay.

Really friendly staff - big plus. The room was nice and warm - big enough for 4 people. Unfortunately, my dorm was near the bathroom and there were a few Chinese families who didn't know how to keep their voices down. There was a lot of banging and yelling at night and 6am! Also the wifi isn't great at this hostel. Otherwise a good hostel

Very good hostel, excellent infrastructure! One of the bests I've stayed in my life.

Great hostel, well equipped kitchen facilities, close to kawaguchi lake photo spots. If arriving before 7.30, staff will pick up from station. If you're going there for the mt Fuji photos, make sure to check weather forecast

Best hostel I stayed in in japan. Friendly clean good common area. Perfect!

The only comment we have is that reception closes at 8pm, after which you don't know how or where to contact staff. Otherwise everything was excellent, we recommend it!

Another great hostel from the K's House team. Good location for Mt. Fuji and very clean. The only thing I would say is that the wifi didn't reach my bed - not to worry though as there is so much to see outside you didn't need the wifi!!

The guest house is really nice and clean, big rooms and the common room is great. But the half day trip to mount Fuji or the day trip is not worth the money. It is too expensive and I really felt that I got ripped off. They drove us up to the 4th station, even when the 5th station on the mount Fuji was opened they did not make the effort to drive us to the 5th station, even when we said we are willing to wait if there is a queue. Will not make the same mistake to book it again.

I enjoyed my time here and stayed in the new deluxe room. Lovely atmosphere, great staff and a free regular shuttle service to and from the station. The only downside was the incredibly poor internet - sort it out K!

Very nice place with great facilities, nice lounge room, and everything was very clean. Location is close to the local bus route, and they pick you up at Kawaguchi station which is good. Very knowledgeable on the train/bus schedules around the area. Stayed in a private double room, beds (futons) were very comfortable and room was nice and warm. Definitely recommend this hostel, nothing bad to say.