KACLLA, The Healing Dog Hostel

Superb 352 Total Reviews
Superb 352 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

The Healing Dog Hostel is conveniently located in Miraflores. Despite the water shortage that occurred during our stay due to flooding in Lima, the friendly staff kept the place clean and provided us with bottled water as needed. If you are looking for a quiet place to rest with good breakfast (provided), pretty interior, and calm ambience, this is the place to stay!

• England, Male, 31-40
10th Mar 2017

Not a bad experience at all. The only person I had an issue with was the manager, a short, blond guy who was never around when I needed him. He'd spend his time playing with the dog or flirting with all of the women, but if I needed a towel? Forget it. Always on the phone, too. I'd ask him for tips for places to visit and he'd pretend he didn't speak English. I HEARD YOU WATCHING CARIBOU IN ENGLISH YOU LIAR. Other than that though, great time.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
9th Mar 2017

KACLLA was amazing! The atmosphere is peaceful and calm and the staff helps you out whether you are trying to get a cab for 3 AM or fighting with your taxi driver who is trying to rip you off for 40 soles. It is close enough that you can walk to the downtown Miraflores area or catch a bus to a town over. Would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone coming into Lima. It is in a very safe area and the staff is always present and let's you in immediately after ringing the bell. 10/10!!

• USA, Female, 41+
8th Mar 2017

I arrived in the evening to Lima. When I arrived at KACLLA, the receptionist was friendly. First speaking in English and then slowly into Spanish. Absolutely what I needed. My room was clean !!!! Along with the rest of the spaces in the hostel. My mattress felt like memory foam :) It was quiet. In fact, I felt bad for making so much noise leaving at 5am. Receptionist was very friendly at that hour too. I liked this hostel and I will return. It also it a quick walk to food and nightlife.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Mar 2017

Great hostel ! Staff was really nice and helpful, breakfast was organic and delicious and filled us for half the day. We chose a private room and had a room with bunk beds but we were the only ones in it so it was okay. Would come back!

28th Feb 2017

Super fun and clean hostel! Nice breakfast as well and staff spoke good English. In the Miraflores district which was convenient too.

• Peru, All Female Group, 41+
27th Feb 2017

There is No cool a/c!!..you get a small regular fan . if you go in the summer you will die of heat!. They should try investing on better quality cooling boxes or electric fans that can be mounted to keep the room cooler.

• England, Couple, 41+
24th Feb 2017

Great location close to the Malecón, delicious breakfast Small but comfortable room and super clean bathroom. Lovely outdoor courtyard, nice for a night or two

21st Feb 2017

Room 6 was very warm all night. Only one window high in the rafters, with a lowly ceiling fan slowly turning. The staff were super helpful and nice. The breakfast great. The bathrooms were super clean. Loved my stay.

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
15th Feb 2017

Great location in Miraflores. Awesome breakfast with peanut butter (though they do make you wash your own dishes). Knowledgeable staff - they really helped us when we were trying to get our bus out of Lima! The healing dog himself is a little funny looking but harmless :)