KACLLA, The Healing Dog Hostel

Superb 500 Total Reviews

• lucocinn714
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
17th Aug 2017

Kaclla was a nice jumping in point for a 2 month South America trip. The Airport Express bus leaves you just two blocks away and it's a ten minute walk to John F Kennedy park, Miraflores' centre. There were no events being run by the hostel meaning people mostly kept to themselves. All common areas had open doors to outside meaning at night in August it was a bit cold if you wanted to just hang out. The hostel dog, Pisco, was lovely!

• alessiafrisina6341
  • Italy, Female, 31-40
11th Aug 2017

Great hostel in a very central location in Miraflores. Very nice atmosphere, breakfast is absolutely amazing, staff is helpful. Facilities clean, bed comfortable. Maybe just make sure to bring earplugs - but that's the case for any hostel.

7th Aug 2017

The airport pick up was a huge for us when we arrived in Lima after 22 hours of transit. It was easy to set up and the person was on time and helpful. Staff were a great help and very informative. Super clean. Overall great stay!

4th Aug 2017

My favorite hostel during this 10 day trip to Peru! I loved the atmosphere and cleanliness. No problems with facilities and hot water like other hostels. Also, the hostel was quiet at night and great for sleeping which can be difficult at some hostels. The free breakfast was delicious and healthy. I would definitely recommend this place and would love to stay there again at my next visit.

• annettellilley1213
  • England, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017

I stayed one night here. I arranged an airport pick up and the driver was waiting for me when I arrived. Because I arrived early in the morning I was able to pay a daily supplement to use the showers (nice and hot) and store my luggage until 3pm check in. The dorm room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the Wi-Fi was good. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again (and will do on my return to Lima for my flight home).

28th Jul 2017

We had a great stay here. Everything was clean and we felt very comfortable and safe. The atmosphere is relaxed and there are beautiful plants and decor throughout. Our private room was very small but totally fine since we were only there to sleep. I gave facilities a 4 only because the layout of the hostel was not ideal- the rooms surround a courtyard so sound travels, and the communal bathrooms open up to the courtyard with people eating/hanging out so there's not much privacy.

28th Jul 2017

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Definitely adult vibes as opposed to a party hostel, but you can still chill and drink a beer on the little patio if you want. Beautiful space, kind of vintage with lots of plants. SUPER comfy beds in BIG dorms!!!! Great couches and chairs in the common area to get some work done or read. The breakfast is awesome! You get a little bag with bread, granola, and PEANUT BUTTER! If you've been in S. America you know how rare that is.

• NomadJack
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
26th Jul 2017
7.7

It's a cute, quiet little hostel but not much atmosphere/vibe to the place. Staff had a huge domestic during our stay which made everyone feel a bit awkward. Apart from that, the beds were decent, showers were hot and wifi was good.

26th Jul 2017

This place was great! Pisco, the hostel's resident dog, was a sweetheart and my favorite part. The location is perfect, right between Parque Kennedy and the beach. I especially enjoyed breakfast, with good coffee (rare in my travels in Peru!) and fresh squeezed orange juice. The only thing to note is that my room (number 7) was a bit noisy being right off of reception. I could hear the bell ring every time someone needed to come in.

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
20th Jul 2017

A very cozy place with friendly, helpful staff, always making sure everything works fine and is clean. Great breakfast! No washer/dryer, only thing missing. Location is excellent, in between Kennedy Park and Costa Verde. Many details to make one feel at home. The backyard is beautiful, especially in the evenings and the music they play is nice and calm. Peaceful environment. They have a very well-educated Peruvian hairless dog who's the living icon of the hostel. I would sure stay again! :)