KACLLA, The Healing Dog Hostel Reviews

Calle Porta 461, Lima, Peru

Way better than the Backpackers Hostel that is recommended top choice in Lonely Planet guide. Great choice for our return leg to Lima.

The staff was very friendly and helpful! Great location, open 24 hours, clean and showers are always hot! Great atmosphere!

• 15th Aug 2015

Showers were mildly warm, which is my biggest complaint. It was cold when we went so a nice hot shower would have been nice. Other than that great stay!

Great stay! Stay we're amazing. Would definitely stay again.

• 6th Aug 2015

We had a wonderful stay, the atmosphere was lovely! It was really nice to have Pisco, the dog, around for cuddles. The only comment would be that the windows cannot be locked and allow very easy access to the door to unlock it. But the front desk always had someone at it, so we did feel quite safe. The shared bathrooms and kitchen were kept very clean. The fully equipped kitchen was a definite perk, we were able to make whatever food we needed. Overall a superb little hostel!

The hostel in clean and confortable. Good hot water showers but there is not alot of space to put anything while in the shower. Ladies washroom is cramped.area. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 23rd Jul 2015

I loved the place, nice, cozy and clean with a perfect location close to the beach and to the main atractions in Miraflores... The rooms are perfectly designed to make you feel comfortable, there are lockers for everyone, lamps and outlets in every bed and enough space in the rooms to put your luggage. The beds are also very confortable. The colorful backyard were my favorite place to enjoy the free breakfast in the morning. The boys working here are so helpful and very friendly. Thanks.

The man who greeted us when we arrived was not very friendly or talkative at first, but was a little nicer later. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay and it's a very nice place.

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights and it was just what we needed after a long transit. We arrived in Lima at 11pm and our taxi driver was promptly waiting for us as organised through the hostel. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm, the room was spacious and the beds comfy. The toilet and shower facilities were great as was the free brekky. The staff were always happy to help and Pisco the dog was awesome. I highly recommend staying here!!

Friendly an helpful staff, very clean and a super breakfast!!! All in all a fantastic Hostel!!!

We had a really good time there. It is very clean and it is a little oasis in the middle of this big city. We loved to had Pisco the dog always around, it is an amazing dog! :)

This is a great Hostel!! But you need to like dogs...if you have a problem with that it's better not to stay here.

Unfortunately this hostel is one of the worst I have stayed at. The staff were very unfriendly towards us from the moment we arrived. They seemed annoyed that we were there and that we asked questions about the area. Our room wasn't ready until almost 330pm when we were told it would be ready by 1pm. We dropped our bags off in storage in the morning and asked if she could recommend a place for breakfast and we were sarcastically answered with "There are plenty of fast-food places nearby"

Nice place & safe with nice breakfast but very slow internet and twice the water has been cut off during our stay. The bad part of the hostel is the staff. Only 1 guy and 1 girl were nice and friendly. The others ones made us inconfortable and was even not polite. U also have to know that there is a dog inside the hotel who goes everywhere...If allergies u have to be aware of that.

We only stayed the one night and yeh it seemed to good. No complaints on our side.

beautiful hostel, quite location. plenty of locker space. Novelty breakfast, warm showers. Pisco the Peruvian puppy the star of the show

Excellent. I couldn't leave. I quite miss this place, to be honest. Great staff, good everything. Homemade peanut butter? Bonus. Highly recommended.

I liked this hostel. It was very beautiful there, but the reason I didn't give it an excellent review is because the hot water is never got really hot. Also there was a dog there "healing dog" hostel, and it was playful, but sometimes a little aggressive. It almost bit my boyfriend. Other than that great beds very clean. Nice location.

Very chilled atmosphere and nicely decorated.

My wife and I enjoyed our one night stay here. The house dog, a Peruvian Hairless, is very friendly and cool to see if you haven't seen the breed. The atmosphere was laid back and bohemian and the facilities were good. The room was nice as well. They let us use the house bus pass so we didn't have to buy one ourselves which was nice. The location is very good, being close to the Kennedy Plaze and the ocean.