KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

Best hostel I´ve ever been in the last 33 years of travelling. Interesting retro style. Wow!

This hostel met every qualification, except the most important. Our room was located right next door to the common room which becomes a restaurant/bar at night. With live bands and a noisy patio. Could not sleep. Would never stay here again or recommend. Don't stay here if you want to get a good nights sleep!!

This was a very nice hostel. There were always friendly people at the front desk every time I stopped. It is within walking distance of the bus station (15 minute walk). It sits right on the water with gorgeous views from the inviting lounges. All facilities were clean. A cool place.

I spent five nights at KEX and generally really liked it. Like everyone says, Iceland is expensive and so is the hostel but it's competitively priced. Gorgeous by the water and a very short walk to the Main Street. Great atmosphere but the bar closes at 11 even though staff and friends crowd around it. Made it tough for me to sleep one night because of the noise. I wish I could have just joined in! The rooms are comfy and I like the private showers. Made awesome friends. Fairly social.

I enjoyed staying at the hostel - they had very convenient services such as arranging transportation and and from the airport and free luggage storage. I thought the staff could have been more friendly and the general atmosphere was kind of stale. It's great for a quick trip but if I went back to Reykjavik I think I would consider a different option before returning.

• 7th Aug 2014

Best things about Kex ~excellent location, practically on the town's doorstep

Great hostel, facilities are perfect for cooking, showering, sleeping. I am a good sleeper with earplugs so the late bar music did not bother me. Bar perfect for.a local beer! Location is great, I like beige close to town but the water as well.

This place has an amazing view out into the water and a very cool, hipster vibe. The breakfast is a great deal because Iceland is super expensive, but make sure to sign up and pay the night before because it's cheaper! The only complaint we have is that they don't provide sheets or a blanket... You have to rent those for an extra $8 USD. We just used our travel sheet and towel, but this was the only hostel out of our whole trip that didn't provide those.

The bbedrooms and common rooms were fantastic. Lots of space and a great atmosphere. The only downside to this hostel were dirty, scummy bathrooms and a not so clean kitchen.

I thought the staff were quite rude, but the hostel itself was one of the best I have ever stayed in.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Might have been a little more expensive than others (not much though) but just such a great place to stay. Definitely will recommend it to others in future.

I stayed here with 7 of my friends all lads and we had an amazing time. The hostel is one of the best we have ever stayed in and it was very central. While we were at the hostel there was a music festival on and it was fantastic and it was free. I take my hat off to you kex hostel. Its more like a hotel than a hostel.

Out of the three hostels I experienced in Reykjavik, this was by far the best one. A bit hipster but has great vibes whether you're into that or not. There are always people hanging out at the bar and restaurant downstairs as well as in the guest lounges and kitchens. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are great, probably the best I experinced on my 5 week trip. There are large lockers in your room and a luggage storage by the front desk. Most stafff extrememly helpful while one girl was terrible.

Great experience. Hostel well designed and comfortable. Staff at times a little unfriendly but mostly hard working and very helpful.

• 13th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at so far in my new favourite city. Great bar where the locals actually hang out, amazing view and incredible food! Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. Also really well equipped kitchens. Will be back and will recommend :)

This hostel is amazing. The staff are wonderful, the rooms are clean and it is central to everything you need. Kex also has a great bar- where locals and fellow travelers can meet, surrounded by cool vintage decor. Can't wait until I can return to Iceland and the Kex hostel.

Great hostel!

This place was beautiful. Clean rooms, clean (and lovely) common areas and kitchen. I loved the large cafe/bar/hangout room downstairs as well as the free live music. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Really nice and respectful fellow travelers (the people who were out late partying were quiet coming in- not my experience in other hostels!) This place has set the bar high for other hostels.

Great food, music, location. This is my 2nd time here.

• 4th Jul 2014

This was a fun hostel - saying that it is one of the few bars in Reykjavik that Icelandic people hang out at is true...I had Icelandic people tell me that. Fun atmosphere. Everything was clean, though not the best I've seen. Overall I would highly recommend this hostel. Front desk staff were very, very, very helpful. And I got help from maybe 5 of them and they were all very helpful. I wish there was paid storage space to store bags...they couldn't accommodate this. Overall great hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5