KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

Really cool atmosphere and vibe. However, staff could be friendlier or seem happier to engage with guests. Can probably say out of my many hostel experiences, Kex employees are the least friendly Ive experienced. Also find it odd that I had to pay for my own blanket- never had this experience before.

Best hostel !! Amazing place to stay. Atmosphere is very cool. Great place to meet people and carry on arround Iceland. Excellent locAtion and the food and beer in the bar downstairs is amazing.

I really liked my stay at Kex. The only thing I missed were some more power sockets in the room =)

• 17th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my time at Kex. The staff there are very patient and willing to help you. Sometimes there is a line waiting to be served as there is usually only one behind the desk but when you get served they do everything they can to help you out. When one of my tours was cancelled because of bad weather there was no issue on getting a refund. The social scene is great and there were always people around to chat to and meet. I would definitely stay here again!

Amazing atmosphere, especially in the evenings. People are wonderful and extremely helpful, as are the fellow guests. Live music in the evenings, coupled with an excellent bar and food makes for a really fun time.

• 11th Feb 2015

The communal areas were very nice, but the dorm rooms bathrooms were not too clean. It was very loud from people going to a music festival. Some staff were knowledgeable but others didnt provide decent service, they didn't seem to care about guests.

Great location, and the downstairs bar/common area is nice. My biggest complaint is the lack of helpfulness from some staff. The bartenders were great and some of the front desk staff were friendly, but quite a few weren't very helpful and never smiled. I like asking hostel staff for local recommendations, but they didn't offer any help or suggestions in deciding what to do when we asked, besides booking a tour. Also, the entire hostel is super dim, only bathrooms had decent lights.

Wonderful hostel. Friendly staff and great atmosphere! They really made an effort to make it a cozy place. Lots of activities every night and a nice bar. Only downside was that they provided free earplugs - which turned out to be necessary because the live music from the bar both nights I was there was loud thoughout the entire hostel.

One of the nicest places I have lately been to. Excellent service and wonderful atmosphere. Don't change anything!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Perfect location, we hired a car and there was plenty of cheap parking outside the hostel. Our double room was really comfortable and clean. Interior decor is fantastic and great atmosphere generally. Definitely recommend the breakfast too. Well worth the money.

• 7th Feb 2015

This is one of my favorite hostels in the world. It has a great atmosphere. It is a good cross between a party hostel and a regular hostel. Every floor has a kitchen and a common area with space to hang out away from the noise of the bar. The 16-bed dorm is very spacious and has a wall down the middle. It makes it feel like there are half as many people in the room. My only real complaint is the lack of power outlets in the dorm room. The shared showers were cleaned daily.

Brilliant hostel A

incredible for value! fun, friendly and absolutely gorgeous hostel! even ended up staying in for a good night out with jazz and delicious food. amazing. thank you!

• 26th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! The bar downstairs is perfect for meet new people, and there's a good vibe all around the hostel. Iceland is awesome and so is KEX.

The atmosphere was great! However, during dinner time, I ordered a salad (with grilled zucchini, Parmesan, and other veggies) with chilli for about 16 dollars and literally was given a bowl of lettuce leaves and a couple of zucchini... I was not happy. I had to ask for the Parmesan and at that point I didn't even bother with the chilli. (They also had told us their oven was broken and they were trying to fix it). So, maybe skip the dinner there and find an actual restaurant.

• 19th Jan 2015

Great location (but Reykjavik is so small, it's hard to imagine a bad location for anything). The bar/restaurant is quite cozy, and the best of any hostel I've stayed in. The staff were friendly in helpful and had no problems accommodating me an extra day when Icelandair canceled my flight.

• 16th Jan 2015

Awesome location within Reykavik, literally with a view of the sea and ice-capped mountains from the bar window! Cool vibe and awesome quirky decorations around the place. Corridors a bit barren and besides the bar, not much of a common area to really socialize. Appreciated the kitchen facilities and having loads of bathrooms to choose from. Super comfy beds. Could not STAND the lack of light throughout the hostel, however this seems to be the entire city like this. Still, LOVED our stay here.

Kex hostel is in an amazing location and the staff are just great :) I loved staying here in the restaurant u had an out standing view of the mountains which was really nice to see everyday without even going out side. I will definitely stay here again :) stay here

It's a good hostel. Good service really close to the downtown The staff is really organised, nice and helpful. Well spent money

• 10th Jan 2015

A good hostel. Beautiful lobby and a nice bar. The kitchen was big. And loaded withe free stuff. The only thing i miss was a place where backpackers could hang out and relax.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4