KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

I had an excellent time in Iceland. The staff at Kex were all very welcoming and friendly, also the hostel was a very nice and comfortable place to stay. I would definitely recommend Kex to others planning on visiting Reykjavik! Many thanks!

• 17th May 2015

Not the place to stay if you want to sleep. Walls are thin so you hear everything from the hallway and doors slam loudly. Staff were nice. Common area felt more like a bar (it is a bar) than a place to meet other travelers.

• 16th May 2015
  • travelingt0m5022

Great staff, expensive breakfast but very good. Definitely rent a car and drive around Iceland.

great location, cleanliness and security. Great atmosphere as well. Only thing is that sheets cost extra.

great bathroom set up, pletty of room and plenty bathrooms. Each floor had their own kitchen which was awesome. vibe of hotel was funky and chill, totally cool.

This is an amazing place to stay. The staff were very helpful and friendly, both behind the bar and behind the reception desk. Johanus in particular sorted out our transfer back the the airport despite our being hungover. The hostel was always totally relaxed in the morning and full of life and Viking Stout in the evenings. Saw several bands play in the evening and made some friends along the way. No better place to stay in Iceland!

I hadn't stayed at a hostel for many years and wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. This hostel was listed as a living art museum, which it was, giving an 'old world' vibe. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom facilities (down the corridor), were also clean and adequate. There was even a shower facility for couples. I particularly loved the great view of the bay, from my third floor window. I found the staff very helpful and attentive.

• 5th May 2015

nice kitchen, not enough plugs for everyone but no big deal.nice staff. xoxo

I loved having the restaurant/bar downstairs and so many bathroom facilities available.

• 2nd May 2015

Place was amazing! Staff and rooms were perfect and the overall atmosphere was really cool. I need to come back to Iceland! You know it's good when the locals come to the bar to drink. Thanks KEX!

Kex was an amazing hostel. It had magnificent views and a chill bar. It was a cool place just to hang out, especially when the weather didn't allow for you to go outside much. I really enjoyed my time. Staff was helpful in booking tours and airport transfers. I met amazing people, and I have to thank the hostel for that. Toilets/showers could have been cleaned more frequently, but facilities were abundant and very nice none the less. Will definitely come back to this hostel next time round!!

Fantastic hostel; cool, safe , fun , amazing location , laid back but super professional staff. Why would you want to stay anywhere else in Reykjavik??

• 21st Apr 2015

Great location, nice and spacious dorms, the bar area is very lively and has always something going on. Everything was very clean except for the kitchen area (but I guess this had more to do with the guests that wouldn't wash their dishes!) and the staff was really helpful.

This hostel is in a good, central location. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, but the communal kitchen dirty for most of my stay. Common area was nice and there was live jazz one night. Some of the staff was friendlier than others.

Great place to stay in the capital. A convenient location not far from the centre and the staff are very helpful and overall, it's very comfortable. Perhaps the bathrooms could be cleaner but being a edgier, less modern establishment adds to the overall atmosphere. The bar is always lively especially in the evenings when they have live music and it's quite easy to meet other people. KEX would be my choice of accommodation if I visited Reykjavik again.

First stop on a long trip. Well worth the stay! It was such a welcoming experience and the staff were all very helpful. The hostel itself looks so amazing, wonderful design. Would definitely recommend.

It'd be great to have more places to charge your phone.

Are food was stolen, in the kitchen. Thats way I scored average at security. How ever the staff couldn't do much about it. Tips for the next guest, just leave your food in your bag if possible. Except for that lovely stay! Very nice hostel. Enjoyed my stay!

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at, and heard the same comment from several fellow travelers. The only less than ideal part was the staff, who could be a bit cold and unhelpful, but I think that is more reflective of the country's culture and not the hostels. Overall, best hostel I have ever stayed at

• 10th Apr 2015

Good Hostel Very good but pricey breakfast Only negative thing is when there is a concert its hard to get in and out of the Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4