KEX Hostel

8.7
Fabulous 2674 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Feb 2017

Great hostel. Meals were a bit pricey, but I guess that's to be expected in Iceland! I always felt safe at this hostel and they provided lockers for locking up my suitcases for a refundable deposit which I appreciated. They also offered very convenient luggage storage since my flight arrived several hours prior to check in time. Overall I would recommend this hostel!

23rd Feb 2017
6.3

The lounge is lovely looking, very unique decor etc. But, wasn't a fan of a few things. Felt that it was so loud all the time. Lobby had bands playing, and from the rooms, there was the constant sound of doors slamming. Showers weren't clean, and first one I tried, water sprayed everywhere from pipes, second one I tried, the cold water tap was broken and had to shower in scorching hot water. Good location, and good view but not my best hostel experience, that's for sure.

19th Feb 2017

So far one of the best Hostels I've being to. Staff were very helpful and nice in any situation. The atmosphere is astonishing and we and the location was not too far from town center (15/20 mins walking max). Will surely go back to Kex if I'm back to Reyjkavík.

17th Feb 2017
6.9

I stayed on the second floor where the bar is and there was no card swipe to get inside our hallway from the bar away. Location was okay. Hard to stay anywhere in Reykjavik and not be walkable distance from the city center but KEX was a good 15 minute walk. Staff was very good. The guy at the front desk help sort some confusion with my tour. The facilities were not very clean. Lockers were outside and all taken so i had to just hope no one stole from me while i was away but everyone was cool

6.0

For a hostel not too bad, but a few very clear and obvious flaws. To start, the fact you need to pay for a blanket and it's not stated anywhere is absolutely ridiculous. Like shouldn't that be included in the cost to stay in the hostel? Then of course all flights to the US get in at around 6:30am but they for some reason dont allow check in until 2:00. I mean really that's so poorly thought out. Also they kept the doors open all day and all night, like okay it's February in Iceland. Not cool.

• Portugal, Couple, 25-30
6.3

No respect for other guests , showers all broken, even the door of the room was broken

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

Absolutly amazing staf who went the extra mile in my case with letting me in 2 hours before to have a Skype interview in a quiet room. Been to 3 hostels in the city and this one is by far the best one.

13th Feb 2017

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the overall atmosphere was fantastic! The food was great and there was entertainment in the evening one night during my stay. Great location; walking distance to many great attractions, restaurants and parks. I would absolutely stay here again if I return to Iceland!

12th Feb 2017

The location is awesome! Close to the water and near bars and restaurants. It's huge so there are lots of places to hang out. Make sure to bring your own sleeping bag or prepare to pay for linens if you stay in the bigger dorms. We would stay here again!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Love this hostel ! Great atmosphere, so much space. This would be my first choice when I come back.