KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

First stop on a long trip. Well worth the stay! It was such a welcoming experience and the staff were all very helpful. The hostel itself looks so amazing, wonderful design. Would definitely recommend.

It'd be great to have more places to charge your phone.

Are food was stolen, in the kitchen. Thats way I scored average at security. How ever the staff couldn't do much about it. Tips for the next guest, just leave your food in your bag if possible. Except for that lovely stay! Very nice hostel. Enjoyed my stay!

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at, and heard the same comment from several fellow travelers. The only less than ideal part was the staff, who could be a bit cold and unhelpful, but I think that is more reflective of the country's culture and not the hostels. Overall, best hostel I have ever stayed at

• 10th Apr 2015

Good Hostel Very good but pricey breakfast Only negative thing is when there is a concert its hard to get in and out of the Hostel

Amazing hostel. Staff are so friendly and helpful, with great travel tips and a real passion for the country. The bar is great and always busy, and the hostel is clean, organised and has great showers/kitchens etc.

• 5th Apr 2015

Had a pleasant time in KEX and would book it again! The staff was always friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great. Especially with the bar to grab some drinks with other travelers. I also loved that there was a band (from Brooklyn) that played on the weekend which seems to be quite a common thing in KEX. There were enough common bathrooms so it never got crowded. The kitchen was well equipped and the breakfast (which costs extra) was alright. Could be a bit cheaper though.

I met some really fantastic people at the hostel and had a good time. For socialising the hostel was one of thw best I've been to. However amenity wise it was a bit expensive compared to what you got.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Very stylish hostel, it has a great bar / 'restaurant' down stairs that the locals come into. This is nice, but at times its hard to meet other travelers because of all the locals... Location is good, not far from everything you want. Kitchen on each floor which is good

Absolutely LOVED this place and would highly recommend it to anyone wondering where they should stay. Food is amazing, great beer selection, perfect breakfast buffet. Clean beds, showers. Staff and patrons were a delight.

• 26th Mar 2015

The atmosphere and old-fashioned decor was awesome! The whole first floor is like nowhere I've ever stayed, with both locals and international visitors hanging out and mingling by the bar or on the many couches and chairs available. Super close to all the streets you'd want to walk while exploring Reykjavik. Only complaint was that the beds were outrageously squeaky and doors slam like crazy, so I didn't actually get much sleep.

The communal showers are pretty random and a bit out of touch with the facilities backpackers need. Other than that the place is brilliant, friendly staff and you'll get a discount at the car rental place out in front :)

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Great location within walking distance to all the main sites.

• 19th Mar 2015

KEX was (and will probably forever be) the coolest hostel I've ever stayed at. Not only do local hipsters hang out here and do they host tons of cultural events (a concert and an art/design exhibition in the 4 days I was there), but they have everything you could possibly ask for in a hostel: nice rooms, clean bathrooms, a social bar, fairly helpful staff, and tons of hangout space (even beyond the good kitchens). I met a surprising number of friends here; KEX made my experience of Reykjavik.

I would recommend Kex to anybody. I had such a wonderful time there. It was super social with great common areas and kitchen as well as the very chilled bar area. When the weather was bad i didnt even need to leave the hostel as it was such a nice place to relax. It was extremely central, very clean, had wonderful decor by a set designer, great music and super helpful staff. The nicest hostel ive had the pleasure of staying in!!

• 9th Mar 2015

We loved our stay at KEX hostel, the atmosphere was brilliant. The people there are so friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed our time in Iceland so much, thank you for making our stay an unforgettable one.

Kex was very clean and well secure. comfortable beds with great storage for luggage and gear in ea room. they have a great night scene live music most nights. I have no regrets staying here. I will stay here when i come back for some summer exploration. Kex is the best!

• 7th Mar 2015

Facilities were cleaned daily, and I had a good experience overall with a multi bed dorm setting. The lobby area was a great venue for meeting people or enjoying music. On one day I paid for linens they were not supplied, but the next day it was fixed. Only a 10-15 minute walk to the downtown area.

• 3rd Mar 2015

I think the shower is too weak and it takes quite a long time for warm water to kick in. Everything is excellent apart from the showers.

Really cool atmosphere and vibe. However, staff could be friendlier or seem happier to engage with guests. Can probably say out of my many hostel experiences, Kex employees are the least friendly Ive experienced. Also find it odd that I had to pay for my own blanket- never had this experience before.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4