KEX Hostel

Fabulous 3033 Total Reviews

• kevingpals6585
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

Great central location in town. I only stayed one night when I arrived but it was great for what I needed. They have hot food available but I'm cheap so I just cooked in the kitchen. Staff were very to the point, not overly friendly, but that is just sorta the Iceland way. I would recommend it to a friend coming to Reykjavik.

• FireyRedFox
  • Australia, All Female Group, 31-40
12th Aug 2017

This hostel has bags of character and personality! Friendly and helpful staff. Great location close to sights, water and parking. Very clean. Comfortable beds. A word of warning- paying for linen includes a bottom sheet and a pillow, no doona!

6th Aug 2017
8.0

Showers are not great, everything else is fine

6th Aug 2017
6.0

Why have such an expensive restaurant in budget accommodation? Dirty, unkept kitchens and very noisy common area. Pleasant and helpful staff.

• johnldavieiii7996
  • USA, Male, 31-40
5th Aug 2017

It's a bit pricey for what they offered, but the location and view are great for seeing Reykjavik. Staff was overall very helpful.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2017
7.4

In general, KEX hostel was great particularly the quirky atmosphere and the great central location. I found that the main issue was that the staff at the check-in desk were often either: missing or engaged in conversation without acknowledging me. The rooms could have also benefitted by having a shelf and powerpoint for each bunk bed.

2nd Aug 2017

My boyfriend & I had a very quick stay at Kex Hostel, but it was overall positive. We arrived late in the evening, took the shuttle we booked through Kex, checked in, and went to sleep. We had to wake up early to leave, so we really only slept while we were there. Some things that would have been nicer are having bed curtains for some privacy while sleeping and to block light, larger lockers for big bags, and in general, the price was a bit high (though this is a general issue in Iceland).

2nd Aug 2017

Expensive but the facilities are good. The location is central to the main drag in downtown. The in house bar is good. It's also a quick walk to all the other bars. The bed was comfortable and the showers were good.

1st Aug 2017

Clean facilities, good location and fun events (like concerts) almost every night.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
31st Jul 2017

This hostel is marketed as a "social hostel" and it is just that. I stayed there at the end of my trip, when I was tired and ready to head home, but will definitely look to spend more time when I return to Iceland. The location and atmosphere allow for a unique mix of locals and travellers. Gastro pub on site is great!