KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

I thought the staff were quite rude, but the hostel itself was one of the best I have ever stayed in.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Might have been a little more expensive than others (not much though) but just such a great place to stay. Definitely will recommend it to others in future.

I stayed here with 7 of my friends all lads and we had an amazing time. The hostel is one of the best we have ever stayed in and it was very central. While we were at the hostel there was a music festival on and it was fantastic and it was free. I take my hat off to you kex hostel. Its more like a hotel than a hostel.

Out of the three hostels I experienced in Reykjavik, this was by far the best one. A bit hipster but has great vibes whether you're into that or not. There are always people hanging out at the bar and restaurant downstairs as well as in the guest lounges and kitchens. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are great, probably the best I experinced on my 5 week trip. There are large lockers in your room and a luggage storage by the front desk. Most stafff extrememly helpful while one girl was terrible.

Best hostel I've stayed at so far in my new favourite city. Great bar where the locals actually hang out, amazing view and incredible food! Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. Also really well equipped kitchens. Will be back and will recommend :)

This hostel is amazing. The staff are wonderful, the rooms are clean and it is central to everything you need. Kex also has a great bar- where locals and fellow travelers can meet, surrounded by cool vintage decor. Can't wait until I can return to Iceland and the Kex hostel.

Great hostel!

This place was beautiful. Clean rooms, clean (and lovely) common areas and kitchen. I loved the large cafe/bar/hangout room downstairs as well as the free live music. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Really nice and respectful fellow travelers (the people who were out late partying were quiet coming in- not my experience in other hostels!) This place has set the bar high for other hostels.

Great food, music, location. This is my 2nd time here.

• 4th Jul 2014

This was a fun hostel - saying that it is one of the few bars in Reykjavik that Icelandic people hang out at is true...I had Icelandic people tell me that. Fun atmosphere. Everything was clean, though not the best I've seen. Overall I would highly recommend this hostel. Front desk staff were very, very, very helpful. And I got help from maybe 5 of them and they were all very helpful. I wish there was paid storage space to store bags...they couldn't accommodate this. Overall great hostel!

For the quality of the facilities (and the size of the room), the hostel seemed a bit overpriced. However, the staff was mostly friendly and helpful, and the location was excellent for exploring Reykjavík. The breakfast was delicious with lots of variety. The lockers could have been bigger, I couldn't fit my bigger bag inside one. KEX Köntri and football matches were the best, I have never seen this kind of atmosphere in any hostel before, keep it up!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Finland

Staff was super nice and helpful. The place has a great atmosphere. Breakfast is extra and booked in advance or the night before. It’s a good spread with fresh bread, meats

• 29th Jun 2014

This is THE hostel of all hostels. It has a vintage vibe to all deco down to the smallest corners. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Breakfast with fresh breads and loads of goodies. Crowds are young and can be quite noisy at times. But the best part is not the accommodation but the live jazz music nights, better than most other music venues!

what a great hostel !!! i hope i'll stay there again !

• 27th Jun 2014

Very cool hostel!!!!!!!!

Awesome hostel with great ambiance

• 26th Jun 2014

toilets were a bit dirty and kitchen messy, I wasn't spending much time in the hostel anyway, but I had friends staying in another one and you definitely felt more comfortable there. Otherwise ok, staff very friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is very lively. I think it's a good hostel for young people (good prices, trendy style and bar), but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who expected to spend time there relaxing or was picky about cleanliness (sorry!).

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Atmosphere is really great in there. During my stay I met so many awesome people! And was even able to catch WC games.

• 24th Jun 2014

What a great place to stay! Great location in the city, walkable to anywhere. Amazing atmosphere with a great restaurant/lounge on the main floor. Kitchens to cook your own food if you want. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

The atmosphere was really nice as he reception floor is a public restaurant and bar. But the staff wasn't overly friendly (though I get that impression of Icelanders in general compared to most other countries). The bathrooms weren't very clean however, so that was disappointing. As well, the blankets aren't big enough for most regular sized adult, it's like half a blanket... Pretty expensive, but for Iceland it's not outlandish. Everything there is expensive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5