KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

Fabulous place to stay! Staff were very helpful with booking tours and giving us great advice about the area! The atmosphere was great, and the best hostel breakfast i've had so far while travelling!

• 14th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

We had a great time staying at KEX, it was on all the Iceland tours pick up points, was an easy walk away from the harbour and main town area and was clean, warm and well-decorated inside, will definitely be returning to Iceland and will definitely stay at KEX again when I do!

One of the highest rating hostels in Reykjavik or the whole Iceland. I had a great time during my stays at KEX, everything turned out exactly the way they described in hostel description. Hostel staff are friendly, helpful and always be there when you need one. Thank you, KEX. Looking forward to staying with you guys in the near future.

Thank you for being very patient and helpful for the duration of my stay. I wish I could have stayed longer! Happy holidays!

Staff were friendly, the place has a great atmostphere and the beds were very comphy! But my towel had food stains on it and there was a dirty plate left on my bed... However i would definately stay there again, all in all it was great x

• 9th Nov 2013

Loved this hostel! One of the best I've stayed at. Great atmosphere, really cool places to hang out and chill, great food from the restaurant and I met some really cool people. Communal showers were a bit weird at first, but when in Rome! Had a blast. Thanks Kex!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed at a few. Don't stay here because you'll never want to leave!

Kex is a big and a hip hostel. It is by the ocean. I enjoyed the kitchen. There is a supermarket called bonus about a block in the main street, but they close at 6p. At bonus you can buy a 800gram cooked chicken wings for 490isk/~4$, and a 1 liter pure orange juice is 175isk/1.5$.There is a supermarket by the hostel which is open 24 hr but it is bit priecy. Food at the hostels bar is expensive. A burger there cost ~20$ and beer is 8$. bus travel.is/greyline is cheaper.

It is a lovely hostel. I stayed here after Iceland Airwaves, when I needed to catch up on sleep, but was very noisy, you can hear people in the kitchen in your room. Great party hostel, but I would recommend Loft Hostel for a better nights sleep, the rooms are really quiet there (if you have no one who snores!)

• 3rd Nov 2013

This is the place to stay in Reykjavik. Nearby to the main street and the waterfront. The hostel is well connected with touring and adventure companies - and seriously the excursions out of the city are awesome. Good vibes and good times here. Would like to return for the Airwaves music festival next year.

Staying at KEX was excellent! The staff are so lovely and helpful. I stayed during the Iceland Airwaves festival and there was so much free stuff happening at the hostel you barely had to leave. The rooms are clean and have tall lockers available, a 16 bed dorm was nice and didnt feel crowded as the rooms are huge. Bathrooms are clean and kitchen facilities are excellent!

Phenomenal is every way. All my roommates are well travelled and have stayed in many hostels, it was unanimous that we all agreed this was the best hostel we'd ever stayed in and best deal for your dollar.

• 30th Oct 2013

I stayed during Airwaves so this is off course quite a special time with a great atmospehere and busy staff. I do think everything was to my satisfaction - the hostel does a greta job of catering for both budget travellers and those with a larger wallet (e being the former one and having to resign to using the kitchen). It's one of the best hostels I have eveyr stayed at, although it also being one of the pricier (although this comes with Island off course). Very happy customer indeed!

Little loud at times, but what else would you expect in a 16 bed dorm.. Otherwise great stay, everything a hostel should have.. Food at the bar is not worth it though..

THANK YOU so much for making our stay in Reykjavik amazing. Besides the wonderful location, this hostel has an incredible atmosphere. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable, even planning out a whole road trip for my friends and me along Iceland's south shore (which was awesome). Probably the best hostel experience I've had.

Very nice place to chill-in. Lots of room in the lobby, reasonable food. Breakfast is OK compared to other hotels in Iceland.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Such a beautiful hostel! The beds were so warm and comfortable!

This hostel was located within waking distance of all the major sights of Reykjavik. The staff were extremely helpful with recommendations and booking day trips. I do wish they provided something for breakfast (toast and milk for coffee), you can purchase a full breakfast from the bar, but it's quite expensive.

We stayed in a double bed ensuite, shared bathroom. Excellent community space, helpful staff and tasty food. Bed was comfy and window had a great view of the water. In room heater control kept us cozy and comfortable.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »