KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

Super nice staff; Atmosphere was perfect and many Icelanders which is nice to see when traveling. Great tour recs and honest about what I could and could not see during my stay (versus trying to push packages). Had some mixups with my bed but they were quickly fixed. Only downsides were the lack of light in our rooms (could get really dark in an already dark city) and if someone cooked in the second floor kitchen, any smoke would spread everywhere bc there were no windows which was overwhelming

• 1st Mar 2014

My friend and I stayed at KEX Hostel for five nights and absolutely loved it! It is very close to the city center, has an awesome view over the water and mountains and in the bar downstairs is always something going on. Meeting travelers from all over the world becomes very easy. We will certainly come back!

Beautiful decor and location, it really is a one in a million spot. We had an amazing time there, great location, lovely private room with lots of nice areas to chill and read books. Very cool bar area and a fantastic breakfast, not the cheapest place in the world to stay but compared to hotels in the area im sure it is good value. My only downer from our stay was some of the staff, one or two of them were great but most seemed completely uninterested at helping us or other people staying there

the Internet was down for a third of my stay. As well as the staff giving me misleading/poor information about the city sites.

• 25th Feb 2014

A very good hostel, for its location, the room with view on the sea, the facilities. But the staff was not nice at all, when asking for advice they were not helping at all, and they were very cold. But I recommend the hostel its was very good. The food downstairs was extremely expensive but no more than in the rest of the country.

Nice hostel. Big rooms, good security. Nice bar with plenty going on.

This place was damned good. I stayed with 2 friends and every night it was a great time. We'd start off at the hostel and meet at least 5 or 6 new people. Then we'd leave and be like 10 minutes walk from anything. Will definitely be staying here again if I head back.

• 15th Feb 2014

Ahhh this was a lovely place to stay - comfortable beds and plenty of showers (though the majority of these were communal - I only found one private cubicle on my floor) as well as great places to relax. Beautiful decor and great location - lots of free parking down by the green petrol station to the left of the hostel. There were no ceiling lights in my dorm - individual lights only, and I never worked out whether that was a blessing or a curse. Staff could be a bit indifferent to you...

A great atmosphere, great location, great facilities. Friendly and informative staff, good food and beers

• 12th Feb 2014

I had a really fun time at Kex Hostel this February. Like everything in Iceland, the hostel is beautiful with a large communal bar/restaurant area, lobby and kitchens on each floor. There were some bands playing the first night I was there and the staff were very helpful with booking a tour for me and suggesting cheap places to eat out. Despite being a fairly large hostel and busy for Sonar Festival, I never had to wait for a bathroom or shower. Made some great friends here too!

Great hostel!!!

KEX was a great hostel. Came back to it again after the end of our trip. Ended up staying here for 4 out of the 7 nights in Iceland. The bar has a great atmosphere and there is always something going on. The price is pretty good for the location. Walkable to the centre of the city with a great view of the mountains in the morning. Great variety of people staying here as well.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »