KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

Nice hostel. Big rooms, good security. Nice bar with plenty going on.

This place was damned good. I stayed with 2 friends and every night it was a great time. We'd start off at the hostel and meet at least 5 or 6 new people. Then we'd leave and be like 10 minutes walk from anything. Will definitely be staying here again if I head back.

• 15th Feb 2014

Ahhh this was a lovely place to stay - comfortable beds and plenty of showers (though the majority of these were communal - I only found one private cubicle on my floor) as well as great places to relax. Beautiful decor and great location - lots of free parking down by the green petrol station to the left of the hostel. There were no ceiling lights in my dorm - individual lights only, and I never worked out whether that was a blessing or a curse. Staff could be a bit indifferent to you...

A great atmosphere, great location, great facilities. Friendly and informative staff, good food and beers

• 12th Feb 2014

I had a really fun time at Kex Hostel this February. Like everything in Iceland, the hostel is beautiful with a large communal bar/restaurant area, lobby and kitchens on each floor. There were some bands playing the first night I was there and the staff were very helpful with booking a tour for me and suggesting cheap places to eat out. Despite being a fairly large hostel and busy for Sonar Festival, I never had to wait for a bathroom or shower. Made some great friends here too!

Great hostel!!!

KEX was a great hostel. Came back to it again after the end of our trip. Ended up staying here for 4 out of the 7 nights in Iceland. The bar has a great atmosphere and there is always something going on. The price is pretty good for the location. Walkable to the centre of the city with a great view of the mountains in the morning. Great variety of people staying here as well.

Knowledgeable, friendly staff. If they didn't know the answer to a question they would find it out. The hostel is pretty quiet within the rooms, so that's nice. The bathrooms are clean and large enough. Fridays and Saturdays they will have some live music. The kitchen area is well equipped and the hostel was clean throughout. Fem Aus clerk was really nice and helpful. Nice big locker to keep your large gear in by reception desk. Everything is expensive in Iceland. Sit down meal avg. $24 USD

Essentially nothing wrong with this hostel. It was clean and quiet in the rooms. Good location. Awesome atmosphere. Good internet connection. Even the locals will come in if there's a gig playing. Close to bars and tourist areas. Only thing is the kitchen lacks essential things like a can opener. But this is minor. Will definitely stay here if I ever end up in Iceland again! Thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »