KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

I really enjoyed kex. The people were nice and it was right by all the high point in Reykjavik. Next time I'm in iceland I'll use kex.

Overall it was good, weird comment but I think the lighting could've been better in some areas. It was mostly very dim which made it hard to see sometimes and things overall seemed a bit grungy because of it.

Always a pleasure staying at Kex. Meet other travellers in the 2 kitchens. Free food shelves always have something you want/need. The staff arrange airport transfers for whatever hour you need. Squeaky beds and lockers (bring a lock).

Had a good time here. It's a little bigger than what I'm used to and like but I made a lot of new friends. The bar and cafe downstairs is cute and a lot of locals hang out there. It's not too loud, but a lot of people still go out and party. The staff is nice, most of them are very attractive too. Icelanders in general are very nice and attractive. My only complaints with the place is that's it's big and ALL the doors slam very loudly. So expect to be woken up if some one comes home late

I think it is a full service hostel with all facilities on-site with great atmosphere.

A busy hostel with lots going on. Live music many nights, a good location and affordable option in Reykjavik. I would definitely stay here again if i come back.

Although cleanliness was quite good in the room and common area some bathrooms were not good. Especially the mixed bathroom that had toilet by the shower.

Great atmosphere and eclectic mix of people staying there. Couldn't have enjoyed it more.

• 30th May 2015

This hostel is awesome!! Great vibe and knows what travellers need

I thought the Kex hostel was awesome! Great services and got to meet so many people. The atmosphere was excellent, live music performances and beer that is way too easy to drink! Right in the heart of reykjavic, all beautiful scenery and places within walking distance. Highly recommend this place!!!

• 29th May 2015

KEX was one of the coolest hostels I've ever stayed at. This place is a backpackers dream! I met so many cool people because of the commons and bar on the second floor. The beds were nice and showers kept really clean. The bar staff in the evenings seemed rude to me always but i think its because they don't know who's a patron or who's a guest... Overall, I will be staying there when i come back to Iceland. Very cool!!

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Wonderfully decorated, clean, great breakfast and spacious rooms. All a bit expensive, but that's according to the prices in Iceland.

Had a great time here. It's extremely close to the Main Street, so if you're looking for a 5 minute walk to the major bars and shops, this hostel is for you. The bar/lounge was bustling and busy in the evenings, and the atmosphere was amazing. I'd definitely stay again here.

1st time staying at a hostel and had a great time. Great atmosphere, great food and beer, and very accomodating. Would definitely recommend this hostel to others. I wish I had chosen a room with less people, but that is the only thing I would have changed.

Shower wasnt very good, temperature hard to control

• 25th May 2015

They were very accommodating, and I had 0 problems during my stay at Kex. The hostel had a great mix of people from across the world, and it is very well-situated in Reykjavik. I would definitely recommend Kex to anyone visiting Iceland.

super cozy bed , have a nice stay here

Great hostel, friendly atmosphere and staff. We stayed up all night in the main lobby with no comments from the staff. One thing to work on - the wifi on the 4th floor room 421 was really poor. There is nothing worse than when I can't rest in my bed on the wifi after a long day travelling. Other than that everything was perfect. Thanks!

• 25th May 2015

Not the cleanest, but clearly an old building so that's expected. Great atmosphere! Breakfast is pretty expensive so worth checking out other options. Staff is super helpful.

Very worthy for the money you pay. Just 2 blocks from the main street which many bars and stores are located.