KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great hostel with lots going on any day of the week - though you have to pay extra for it, the breakfast is amazing, especially the fresh skyr! Doors to the dorms are pretty loud and creaky and don't expect to have a great night's sleep if you're staying in a dorm on the weekend (Reykjavik night life goes on into the early morning). Staff are helpful and friendly in booking tours and general questions. Good place to meet locals and travelers alike.

• 8th Apr 2014

We loved our time in Iceland, but after all the good reviews here we were a bit disappointed with Kex. It was a nice hostel with a cool bar, but we found places to eat and drink and party in the town that were cheaper and more fun- sort of meant to be the other way round! Also there was a massive group of school kids staying which sort of killed the atmosphere. They definitely need to sort out the bathrooms too they're a bit grim!

Amazing place in a great location. Excellent hot dog place across the street, great views and minutes to the bars and restaurants. We loved Cafe Loki's food (up by the church). The wifi didn't work in our room on the 4th floor but besides that, excellent!

The staff were not very friendly at all.They didn´t offer any recommendations or even a map. They seemed annoyed when I asked questions. They´re priority is clearly the onsite restaurant; the hostel comes second. Also, in an 8 bed dorm, there were only 4 lockers, one of which was broken. Unfortunately the hostel tainted my view of the otherwise beautiful country.

Was been there with one of my friend, the room and bed was clean although we took the shared-dorm. They even provide the ear plug for us. What have to improve is the shower room available is only few.

Excellent hostel! Second time I've been, and would definitely recommend! Very chill building, nice atmosphere, friendly people.

Fabulous breakfast. The showers really need higher edges so the water doesn't flood the room every time.

This is one of the BEST hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were amazing helpful, anything you needed they would help you get it or book it. The rooms were amazing clean and the live entertainment almost nightly definately made you feel like you were part of the Icelandic crowd. I WILL be staying there again, but this time I'm planning a much longer trip than just 3 days. Highly Recommend staying at the KEX!!!!

Pro: Fancy decoration, I cancelled the last night and got a refund. Contra: bunk beds noisy if you move, more like a hipster community and less a typical Backpacking place, Bar is very expensive for food and drinks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »