KEX Hostel Reviews

Skúlagata 28, Reykjavik, Iceland

I would recommend Kex to anybody. I had such a wonderful time there. It was super social with great common areas and kitchen as well as the very chilled bar area. When the weather was bad i didnt even need to leave the hostel as it was such a nice place to relax. It was extremely central, very clean, had wonderful decor by a set designer, great music and super helpful staff. The nicest hostel ive had the pleasure of staying in!!

• 9th Mar 2015

We loved our stay at KEX hostel, the atmosphere was brilliant. The people there are so friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed our time in Iceland so much, thank you for making our stay an unforgettable one.

Kex was very clean and well secure. comfortable beds with great storage for luggage and gear in ea room. they have a great night scene live music most nights. I have no regrets staying here. I will stay here when i come back for some summer exploration. Kex is the best!

• 7th Mar 2015

Facilities were cleaned daily, and I had a good experience overall with a multi bed dorm setting. The lobby area was a great venue for meeting people or enjoying music. On one day I paid for linens they were not supplied, but the next day it was fixed. Only a 10-15 minute walk to the downtown area.

• 3rd Mar 2015

I think the shower is too weak and it takes quite a long time for warm water to kick in. Everything is excellent apart from the showers.

Really cool atmosphere and vibe. However, staff could be friendlier or seem happier to engage with guests. Can probably say out of my many hostel experiences, Kex employees are the least friendly Ive experienced. Also find it odd that I had to pay for my own blanket- never had this experience before.

Best hostel !! Amazing place to stay. Atmosphere is very cool. Great place to meet people and carry on arround Iceland. Excellent locAtion and the food and beer in the bar downstairs is amazing.

I really liked my stay at Kex. The only thing I missed were some more power sockets in the room =)

• 17th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my time at Kex. The staff there are very patient and willing to help you. Sometimes there is a line waiting to be served as there is usually only one behind the desk but when you get served they do everything they can to help you out. When one of my tours was cancelled because of bad weather there was no issue on getting a refund. The social scene is great and there were always people around to chat to and meet. I would definitely stay here again!

I love this place :-) I have stayed here 3 times and I will keep coming back!

Amazing atmosphere, especially in the evenings. People are wonderful and extremely helpful, as are the fellow guests. Live music in the evenings, coupled with an excellent bar and food makes for a really fun time.

• 11th Feb 2015

The communal areas were very nice, but the dorm rooms bathrooms were not too clean. It was very loud from people going to a music festival. Some staff were knowledgeable but others didnt provide decent service, they didn't seem to care about guests.

Great location, and the downstairs bar/common area is nice. My biggest complaint is the lack of helpfulness from some staff. The bartenders were great and some of the front desk staff were friendly, but quite a few weren't very helpful and never smiled. I like asking hostel staff for local recommendations, but they didn't offer any help or suggestions in deciding what to do when we asked, besides booking a tour. Also, the entire hostel is super dim, only bathrooms had decent lights.

Wonderful hostel. Friendly staff and great atmosphere! They really made an effort to make it a cozy place. Lots of activities every night and a nice bar. Only downside was that they provided free earplugs - which turned out to be necessary because the live music from the bar both nights I was there was loud thoughout the entire hostel.

One of the nicest places I have lately been to. Excellent service and wonderful atmosphere. Don't change anything!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Perfect location, we hired a car and there was plenty of cheap parking outside the hostel. Our double room was really comfortable and clean. Interior decor is fantastic and great atmosphere generally. Definitely recommend the breakfast too. Well worth the money.

• 7th Feb 2015

This is one of my favorite hostels in the world. It has a great atmosphere. It is a good cross between a party hostel and a regular hostel. Every floor has a kitchen and a common area with space to hang out away from the noise of the bar. The 16-bed dorm is very spacious and has a wall down the middle. It makes it feel like there are half as many people in the room. My only real complaint is the lack of power outlets in the dorm room. The shared showers were cleaned daily.

Brilliant hostel A