KEX Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 2976 Total Reviews

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
24th Jul 2017

Fantastic place to stay. Fun atmosphere, clean comfy beds. A bit expensive but that is Iceland in general. Wish we would have spent more time at the bar but we're so tired.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Jul 2017

Great hostel located within walking distance of the city centre. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is great: Icelanders also enjoy the bar area especially on nights where there are shows!

21st Jul 2017

Really cool hostel, Brooklyn vibes all around, great bar and staff. An Icelandic rap artist performed in the hostel when we were there which was an absolutely amazing show. I would stay there again. However, it's a bit expensive and for $50 for a dorm bed I would expect a blanket and a top sheet (they provide a fitted sheet and pillow case).

19th Jul 2017
7.7

I've stayed in a larger number of hostels and I would call this one, fine. It was not amazing and it wasn't horrible. I was with a group of 4 and our money would have probably been better spent in an airbnb. The hostel was good enough but did not exceed my hopes. I had to pay extra for bed sheets/pillow which most certainly could have been stated on the site when I purchased but I did not notice it and neither did the other 3 who booked when they all booked their stays.

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

We only stayed for a short night, so we didn't spend much time at the hostel. The 24-hour reception was very convenient. The hostel is very large with nice facilities. The showers are not individual, but they worked well. The hostel wasn't very clean, but it didn't really bother us. The hostel is quite expensive, but then again; everything in Reykjavik is.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
18th Jul 2017

I liked the interior. Very nice and cool hostel!

17th Jul 2017
5.1

A case of style without substance. Nobody seems to have thought about how things would work in practice - cool metal school lockers, but too small to fit a rucksack and too noisy when people leave early in the morning; tiny ill lit kitchen with only 2 tables; was supposed to offer luggage storage but told unable to do so, due to building work next door - right next door, no chance of lie in after 9am. In the bar area everyone seemed too cool to actually want to chat to anyone else.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2017

The place was great. I loved the ambience and the decoration. It was clean and well located. The only negative aspects: you have to pay for your linen and for breakfast ( which is quite expensive like everything in Iceland).

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

Great place with a amazing decor!

• Canada, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
7.7

Don't go here if you want to sleep before 1 am, they have live music until late at night and it's outdoor live music right outside the rooms. The bathrooms had some sort of patchwork on the floors, I forgot my flip flops so i kept looking at this stuff wondering if it's tar or asphalt or what, pasted over the tiles. Bathrooms were clean, but half the sinks didn't work. Very social place, unfortunately my buddy and I were too tired to take advantage of this. Wouldn't stay again, because loud.