KRS Pines Guest House Reviews

No. 7, No. 2 Jl. Mentigi, Cameron Highlands, Tanah Rata, Malaysia

The guesthouse was quite easy to find and the staff was friendly. Probably the best thing about it were the other guests though. Our room was really moldy and there was not even a window so we had to just live with it. It was the worst room we had stayed so far. But to be fair we had a private twin room although we booked beds in a 4-bed dorm. Still, the walls were so thin that you really heard everything around you.

Big credits for staff since both ladies were really friendly, helpfull and informative. I was sick during my stay and they really made my stay more comfortable. The thing I remember most of the guesthouse is the calm, friendly atmosphere which I personally very much enjoyed. Showers and toilets are clean, beds and dorm were clean. Dorm lacks privacy tho since they just put 4 beds in one room, close to eachother, no curtains, no personal reading light and no working lockers.

The rooms were really really Small and walls were so thin You could hear everything everyone was sayong. Also, we didn't have a window. There weren't Really a Lot of People so Not a good Option for travellers looking for New friends. Bathrooms are ok. Wouldn't go there again. It's cheap though and the breakfast is good and cheap as well.

staff friendly and clean place but the dormitory is a cave!!!

Probably one of the worst guesthouse with this kind of rating. Room are just OK, bed sheets doesn't seem to be clean (found a dead mosquito in by bed). Beds are even not well prepared and sheet do not go to the end of the bed. Wifi is only working in the lobby, when it is working, it is very slow (

Cheap hostel so great value for money..... This is not a flast hostel, But it's got all you need, laundry service is really good...... If your traveling on a budget and are just looking for a bed for the night this is it....

Great location near centre which is quite far from tea plantations so book half day trip through them. Nice little TV area with sofas and staff are very helpful, let us use their kitchen to make tea and cup noodles! Rooms are very basic and small with thin partition walls so can hear people talking in other rooms but not a lot to do at night so not like people were coming in late making noise. Cafe serves a nice breakfast for usual prices and the little garden would be lovely if not raining!

Awesome stay. Very helpful staff!

Very basic but generally clean. Lack of lockers in the dorm might be an issue for some. Not much of an atmosphere in the small common area. Staff generally very helpful though there was a new employee at the time I arrived which made things slightly less efficient. Reception also not always manned. There was a waterfall or the like behind my dorm which meant that I could only sleep with earplugs in. But if you're not a fussy traveller this place will meet your needs.

Had a really nice stay. Would definitly recommend the hostel. Tours and bus journeys can be organised very easily via the hostel. Breakfast is not included but cheap and good. Easy to find, good location.

I really felt home and free there, thanks for everything!

Great laundry service! Noise travels between rooms a little.

The guesthouse is centrally located in Tanah Rata, a bit off the main road and accordingly quiet at night. The staff gives a very warm welcome and provides detailed recommendations for activities and eating out. Facilities are standard (as presumably everywhere in town) and the guesthouse is equipped with a nice money. Breakfast is offered for little money. Good choice and very good value for money.

Excellent location, just near downtown, but down a quiet side street. Very clean and a cozy familial atmosphere.

This is a nice place to stay during your time in CH. The staff is really nice and help you to book some tours if you want to or show you the way to hike at your own. i stayed in a dorm. it was a definitely basic place, but clean and the beddings are fresh. The hostel has a nice garden, it's good located in walkingdistance to everything and a very good value for mony. i can reccomend to stay there.

Pleasant stay for two nights. Staff are very friendly and willing to give advice on what to do in area and book tours/onward travel. Also the room and shared facilities were clean. On the other hand walls/doors etc are very thin and as my room was next to the common area it was very noisy. I did expect this based on other reviews, but do be aware the they are not exaggerating! Being in that room did mean that I had very strong wifi though, so not all bad!

The lady I met at reception was fantastic and very welcoming - she gives you a complete overview of where to go and recommends treks to do. I guess the only setbacks are that I became quite cold at night during my second stay and as the shower is essentially a shower head attached to the wall next to the toilet, the toilet is pretty much constantly wet and gets a bit messy, however, considering the price, I don't feel I can really complain. It's good value for the money.

Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are a bit small with no space to dry your wet cloths (you will definitely have some in Cameron Highlands). Common bathrooms could be improved. Overal, it is a good place, we were satisfied.

Small, cramped rooms. Poor wifi. Easy walk to town. The staff was helpful with providing advice on jungle treks and activities in the area.

View all Tanah Rata Bed and Breakfasts