KaBa Hostel Reviews

Filips van Arteveldestraat 35, Gent, Belgium

Nice hostels. However, I guess the owner need to improve on the cleanliness as I had some rashes on my hands after the stay. A lot of mosquitoes during the night. Even though it was stated at the reception that we can rent the mosquitoes repellent, but the mosquitoes are only out at night, and the reception was closed at night.

It was a joy to stay at this hostel - thoughtful decoration, clean and wonderful staff. The hostel is close to the centre of gent and also to the train station. They have a lovely backyard where I enjoyed reading a book.

Everything was great. The rooms were beautiful. There was a computer and kitchen. The wifi was a little hard to get to work. The rooms were very hot but very clean! Overall we enjoyed it.

Very nice staff. Very clean place. Nice big bathroom with big shower. Not too far from the train station. Nice free breakfast. Quiet neighborhood.

A wonderful hostel, situated about 5-10 min from the centre of Ghent. Very clean, breakfasts are excellent, wifi is fast, rooms are beautiful etc. Would highly recommend.

Great hostel! The beds were comfortable, the staff were really friendly and helpful and everything was clean. The area downstairs was also decorated rather pleasantly and was very comfortable not to mention the kitchen was very well-equipped (there were even eggs available for breakfast and a coffee machine!). Overall the atmosphere was very quiet and relaxed, aimed at persons looking for some peace and quiet. Just remember to keep the window closed, there are a tonne of mosquitos!!

• 4th Jun 2015

A lovely place to stay in Gent. However it is out of the centre you can get there quickly. The common room/dining room/hall was astonishing. The best I have ever seen. It is clean, stylish, cool. I loved it. The breakfast was awesome. They have normal coffee! :)

It was a very good experience! The hostel was extremely clean and tidy, and I appreciated that. It was also quiet so that people who want a calm experience can definitely choose this hostel. Really tasteful, the breakfast was okay,so I would generally reccommend it!

• 29th May 2015
  • Cyprus

Fantastic hostel. Staff are excellent. You will feel at home here. Amenities are superb with great kitchen. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Great social space. Nice location with 10-15 minute walk from main attractions. Safe area. Wifi very good.

Best service I've ever received, friendly, helpful, funny (Give Pablo a raise!) . Rooms were spotless including the bathrooms. Location is a five-ten minute walk from most major sights and transit. Fastest wifi I've ever had in a hostel. Only down side..,, and I had to look hard, they need mesh on the windows to keep mosquitoes out, I had a few bites. As well, I left early and didn't know what to do with the keys so I left them on the check out desk... I will be returning anytime I visit!

Great breakfast! :-)

Can't say a bad word about this hostel. The staff were friendly, the room was clean, fantastic shower compared to most other hostels, free small lockers in the rooms, fully equipt kitchen, a nice courtyard and in a great spot to get to all the historical sights!

The place is very clean and new with some lively themed artsy decor. There is a large comfortable sitting area with book exchange next to the kitchen which is HUGE. The equipments in the kitchen are very nice and new. You can tell the owners put a lot of thought into the whole place and it makes you feel welcomed. The breakfast was very good (Eggs, bread, yoghurt, cereal, fruits and nuts) Lockers and internet in the room were good. The bathrooms are also nice and clean. Check the place out! :)

• 7th May 2015
  • Thailand

Amazing hostel! Staff was really nice and the rooms and bathrooms are really clean! There is a common area to chill and a good breakfast in the morning! Totally recommend it!

One of the best hostels I've seen, would definitely recommend! Katrijn is really adorable, the atmosphere is friendly, everything is so clean and the beds are very comfortable.

Nice new hostel in good walking distance to main parts of Ghent. Hostel lacked showers (only 1 per floor) but good kitchen facilities and breakfast was good. No atmosphere unfortunately, maybe wrong part of the year - there were only really large groups or sporadic asocial guests here when I stayed - and very little to do therefore in the evening as a solo traveller.

Wifi is good, same with the breakfast , the location is perfect and rooms are big ... Nothing bad to say .. i had a good stay. wifi es rapido, el desayuno es bueno y la locacion es perfecta, los cuartos grandes hay campo sufiente para las maletas .. tube una buena estadia no tengo nada malo que decir.

Not the cheapest hostel in Ghent, but close to Overpoort and great experience! Would highly recommend- great breakfast.

• 2nd Apr 2015

We liked our stay! Clean And open rooms, nice facilities which were very clean! Included breakfast was Nice! The kitchen is very Well equiped and eating in is therefore à good possibility!

Brand new hostel, I felt like at home as soon as I step in. Very cosy, nice graffiti, just 10 minutes walk from city center, my stay was really nice. Breakfast was really good. Good value for money. Staff was really kind and helpful