KaBa Hostel

Superb 381 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 381 Total Reviews

2nd Aug 2017

Very clean and quiet hostel in a good location in Gent. Not the most centrally located hostel in the city, but definitely close enough to be convenient (no need to take public transport to see the sites). Very good breakfast (make your own eggs!) and good kitchen.

10th Jul 2017

Great place even for two 79 year old old wrinklies like us - pity there's no lift.

• taylorjobrien1630
  • USA, Male, 25-30
8th Jul 2017
7.4

The staff was friendly and it wasn't a bad place to stay, but it felt like a solid walk (or tram ride) away from everything. In addition, the three-level bunks, although well-constructed unlike other hostel bunks, made for an extremely uncomfortable night's sleep. It was cool outside and very hot in the top bunk (80+ F, 27 C). The small lockers (with built-in locks) provided were pointless, because the keys worked for all of them.

We are very sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our hostel. We are aware the 3 level bunks are adventurous but we weren't aware that it could get so hot up there. We will see to install fans. About the lockers, once we heard about the problem, we have changed the locks immediately, apparently the company that built the lockers mistakenly put the same locks in all of them :-/.

7th Jul 2017

My favorite hostel so far. Lovely place.

3rd Jul 2017

Everything was great!

• India, Female, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017

The hostel is very homely and the staff is friendly and helpful. They even allowed me an early check in! The breakfast is complimentary and has a good selection of coffee tea, cheese and sweets. The rooms are well kept and ample toilets and showers for all. Only advice is that the pillows are very hard but overall, this is a highly recommended hostel! Close to the city centre by walk and even to the tram stations.

• iPodLadyNoosie5050
  • Belgium, Female, 41+
20th Jun 2017

I had a very pleasant stay in a very interesting building. The room ( female for 6) and ensuite bathroom were very clean and fresh. The window had been left open for fresh air which is good, especially on a hot day as it was and had a screen too so no bugs in the room. Breakfast was included in the price and consisted of bread, ham, cheese, cheese spread and the usual sweet spreads too, orange juice and fresh apples as well as tea and coffee. Excellent stay, I will come back. Thank you.

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

The staff here were very helpful and down to earth. I saw them clean pretty throughly everyday, and the free coffee was a nice touch. Breakfast had variety, and there was also a computer you could use. It was a little bit of a walk to old town ghent, but I didn't mind at all. Would return again!

10th Jun 2017

Had a great stay with my friend at this hostel. The lady checked us in early and we were able to explore the city right away. Only small problem was when I checked out. I had paid for my stay upon arrival (in cash) and they had forgotten to enter in the system... I was questioned and had to wait until they could figure it out. If I were to make a suggestion, is to ask for a receipt, because they did not provide me with one. Overall however, wonderful stay (also good breakfast).

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
31st May 2017

Excellent hostel. Good location, kind staff, brilliant facilities including really nice breakfast buffet. Just outside the busiest area, so quiet at night. :)