KaBa Hostel Reviews

Filips van Arteveldestraat 35, Gent, Belgium

One of the best hostels I stayed at, can highly recommend it. Very nice staff, absolutely uncomplicated and obliging. Nice breakfast including a great coffe mashine in a clean and modern kitchen. Good beds, in general everything looks quite new and is in excellent condition.

• 17th Dec 2014

Best Hostel I stayed In! The Staff were very helpful and the self-service breakfast was delicious!!! The bathroon was so clean and modern and the roon I stayed (6 bed female dorm) was really comfortable. The design of the hostel is beautiful, too. If I ever come back to Gent (which is something I really want to do) I'm sure gonna stay in this hostel again. 10/10

• 15th Dec 2014
  • BrunnaMoura

Lovely Hostel to stay in. Staff were very helpful. The dining area was cool and spacious. I liked the design of the hostel and the art work was done tastefully.

This is a excellent hostel. Its only a 5-10 minute walk to all the major attractions and bars. The hostel is in a quiet street so at night you can actually sleep. It has a big common room and offers free breakfast and free coffee. The owner has a real passion for his hostel and is not afraid to do the dishes :) I can only say go there you will not be disappointed.

Lovely place in a lovely city. It exceeded my expectations,and the staff was really friendly. I went with my girlfriend, and if I came back to gent (I hope so) I wouldn't even look for another hotel, that was just awsome

Nice breakfast with eggs :) Washroom very clean with a lovely decoration. Space in the room with lockers. Nothing wrong to say!

Good hostel! Breakfast was the best I had on my trip. Though there were mosquitoes in the room the repellent machines seemed to have worked, as I didn't get bitten. The bathrooms were modern and clean, however I had at first difficulties telling the men's from the lady's room (and I wasn't the only one), so maybe put labels on the doors. All in all, I had an excellent stay!

KaBa is a funky little hostel in a fully-renovated old building. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm. The staff were friendly and gave great suggestions for sights and food in town. The facilities were spotlessly clean. Free fresh eggs for breakfast was a bonus!

I really enjoy my holidays in KaBa Hostel. The Hostel is very clean and confortable.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

I like this hostel very much. I want to live here haha

I found the atmosphere a little lacking and weren't many other travelers to meet, but I think it was just bad luck (not really the hostel's fault). You're pretty close to everything, but I got the feeling you would be pretty much any where in Gent. Staff was helpful and had plenty of tips for where to go. Very clean, good facilities.

Great hostel! Staff were friendly and helpful, good location, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

A wonderful place. We had a lovely twin room. Some noise from the street. Breakfast was great. Staff are super friendly and helpful.

We had an enjoyable stay at Kaba. Facilities were simple yet clean. The breakfast was good (toast, cereal, eggs, juice/coffee). The sitting area is spacious and also included a nice outdoor section. Kitchen had everything you would need. Staff were friendly and helpful also. Only one minor drawback, no aircon or fan in the mixed dorm, it was a bit of a restless sleep in the morning.

This hostel was absolutely lovely. The atmosphere was charming, the hostel was clean and well-kept, and the owner was extremely helpful and friendly. We loved our stay and would definitely come again!

I stayed at KaBa during the Gent Festival. The dorms are nice and clean, so are the bathrooms. There's pieces of art in all rooms. The common room is nice with some sofas and there's even a garden what makes it easy to meet other travelers. The staff is super friendly and gave me good recommendations about Gent and the festival. The lockers are small, so you can't put your whole bag into them - I felt very safe though as I got a key for the dorm and for the front door as well.

KaBa is a very good hostel. I would like to choose it again if I went to Gent.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • China

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, the location superb, it was very clean, it's a great deal for money, and there aren't enough great things to say about the place. One (the only) downside was that the beds are slatted (ie mattress resting on wooden slats) and this can cause some discomfort when the slats become misaligned (not too uncommon). Either way, rooms were super cool with lots of great art work. Awesome hostel.

The hostel is very clean and located on a quiet street. The staff (perhaps a family?) is very nice and helpful. They speak good English. I would stay here again and would recommend this to a friend.

I booked a 6-bed mixed room and it wasn't bad, but the room was hot with no fan or air conditioning and there were a lot of mosquitoes. Also my bed was in some kind of loft that I had to access thorugh steep stairs. In the roof of the lower part of the room there was a window that cannot be closed unless you climb into something, so the sunlight entered the room very early in the morning. On the good side, beds are comfortable, breakfast is good and there are lockers on every room.

Hi, Our sincere apologies about the window but in the room there is a special stick to open/close the window and the curtains. At the moment you slept in the room someone had broken this stick. We have a new one now so the windows can be opened and closed very easy again. About the mosquitos: since we read your complaint about that we bought mosquito repellent machines that our guests can use for free. we still hope to see you some other time, maybe in the winter ;-)