KaBa Hostel Reviews

Filips van Arteveldestraat 35, Gent, Belgium

It is the best hostel I was in in Belgium. Clean, friendly and very accomodating staff. The location is close enough to walk to everything including the train station. Breakfast was good and plenty. All in all a great hostel experience.

• 20th Apr 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at here, it was very comfortable and I liked the location near enough to everything without having to be on the main strip with the noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I think this is one of the best hostels I ever visited!

Lovely hostel. It appears to have recently been renovated or extremely well cared for! Our room had great artwork on the walls and was extremely comfortable. Location is great and on a very quiet street near the city center, close to 8 minute walk. The breakfast was sparse and hidden in the kitchen, although the kitchen and facilities were all great. The staff was welcoming and very nice. It is a trek if you walk from the St Pieters train station, but not impossible. Great place!

This is a lovely, well decorated hostel where there are excellent facilities and the owners are welcoming. The breakfast was very good as well. I would definitely recommend staying here.

very nice atmosphere and accomodation of furnitures and decoration. Nice breakfast and very modern and clean and well equipped kitchen.

• 4th Jan 2014

this hostel was amazing! it is new fresh and original! the only hostel we found that gave us the double we expected (i mean with a double bed). Our private room was very clean and the bathroom was new and clean. Downstairs there is a good kitchen and a fantastic dining room. We loved our stay even and we were sad to leave this hostel and start again our trip throughout Belgium. The only negative aspect is that, even if it is really near to the city centre, we didn't like a lot the area.

It would be better if there is a table and a chair in the room.

A lovely hostel, felt like a boutique hotel. It was new, clean and spacious. Definitely different from any other hostels I have been to. However , it was a bit far located from either city centre or the train stations.. getting a bus was alao quite awkward as the bus stop was a few mins walk away when the bus journeys wouldn't take more than only several mins to the city or the train station. Also, there were only a few ppl in the whole building so socializing was impossible from the beginning.

It was a nice clean hostel, the staff were super accommodating which was great! I was there on a Monday so the hostel was very quiet but otherwise all was good.

This hostel is best for groups, there is no bar, it's not a place to meet fellow travellers but good for a group.

Very clean and well looked after hostel.

Hostel was obviously newly done up & very clean & stylish. Staff were friendly & helpful & the included breakfast was good. The location is a bit of a distance from the historic centre of Gent but we didn't find it a problem We stayed in a twin room & were pleasantly surprised that towels were included (we'd brought our own) but surprised that hand soap was not provided in the en-suite. We did find the room quite noisy with loud footsteps from the room upstairs (wooden floors)

A fantastic brand new hostel in argzably the best city Belgium has. Run by two of the most friendly, kind-hearted, real people Gent has ever known. Thank you so much, Bart and Catherine, for opening the Hostel and I hope to see you again in the future. Spend your time in Gent here.

Excellent hosts. Everything was perfect!

Brand new hostel (it still smelled painting!) well located in the city center of Ghent. Really clean and nice rooms. But it's a bit noisy in the morning due to the old wooden floor

• 1st Nov 2013