KaBa Hostel Reviews

Filips van Arteveldestraat 35, Gent, Belgium

A wonderful place. We had a lovely twin room. Some noise from the street. Breakfast was great. Staff are super friendly and helpful.

We had an enjoyable stay at Kaba. Facilities were simple yet clean. The breakfast was good (toast, cereal, eggs, juice/coffee). The sitting area is spacious and also included a nice outdoor section. Kitchen had everything you would need. Staff were friendly and helpful also. Only one minor drawback, no aircon or fan in the mixed dorm, it was a bit of a restless sleep in the morning.

This hostel was absolutely lovely. The atmosphere was charming, the hostel was clean and well-kept, and the owner was extremely helpful and friendly. We loved our stay and would definitely come again!

I stayed at KaBa during the Gent Festival. The dorms are nice and clean, so are the bathrooms. There's pieces of art in all rooms. The common room is nice with some sofas and there's even a garden what makes it easy to meet other travelers. The staff is super friendly and gave me good recommendations about Gent and the festival. The lockers are small, so you can't put your whole bag into them - I felt very safe though as I got a key for the dorm and for the front door as well.

KaBa is a very good hostel. I would like to choose it again if I went to Gent.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • China

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, the location superb, it was very clean, it's a great deal for money, and there aren't enough great things to say about the place. One (the only) downside was that the beds are slatted (ie mattress resting on wooden slats) and this can cause some discomfort when the slats become misaligned (not too uncommon). Either way, rooms were super cool with lots of great art work. Awesome hostel.

The hostel is very clean and located on a quiet street. The staff (perhaps a family?) is very nice and helpful. They speak good English. I would stay here again and would recommend this to a friend.

I booked a 6-bed mixed room and it wasn't bad, but the room was hot with no fan or air conditioning and there were a lot of mosquitoes. Also my bed was in some kind of loft that I had to access thorugh steep stairs. In the roof of the lower part of the room there was a window that cannot be closed unless you climb into something, so the sunlight entered the room very early in the morning. On the good side, beds are comfortable, breakfast is good and there are lockers on every room.

Hi, Our sincere apologies about the window but in the room there is a special stick to open/close the window and the curtains. At the moment you slept in the room someone had broken this stick. We have a new one now so the windows can be opened and closed very easy again. About the mosquitos: since we read your complaint about that we bought mosquito repellent machines that our guests can use for free. we still hope to see you some other time, maybe in the winter ;-)

Very good hostel.

I was only here for a night but would absolutely recommend this hostel. Great staff, lovely rooms and a fantastic kitchen and dining area. I found it really easy to meet people too.

It is a quiet hostel near the center of Ghent, very clean and secure. Even with groups it remains quiet.

Great little hostel! Very comfortable and quiet, had such a relaxing stay here. Staff was very friendly and recommended great places to visit and eat in Ghent! I loved it! Only problem is that it is a little bit far from the train station, but really it is only a 15 minute walk or so. Definitely recommended

Brilliant hostel run by really lovely people just a short stroll from the old town of Ghent. Nice spacious, clean and beautifully designed rooms with clean bathrooms and hot water! Can highly recommend staying here.

New hostel in Ghent. Nice host, good feeling. It's a calm hostel, close to transports. The hostel is very clean. Felt like at home. I'll be back for my next trip in Ghent. Yoann

• 21st May 2014

Really friendly staff and great facilities, a great hostel for groups but a little quiet for the solo traveler

Is a beautiful and clean hostel And the breakfast is very goood!!!! +++++++ I enjoy my time there very much thanks

Definitely not a party type hostel, but by far the nicest, cleanest, and relaxing place to get some real sleep after some rough nights...coffee machine 24/7, the nicest staff ever, classy kitchen with a free make it yourself breakfast and stocked with everything a cook should need, and then some!! Ghent is such a awesome little midevel town that can't be missed!! FYI :get off at the dampoort station and not the gent-sint-Pieters...it's a 5 min walk versus a 30 minute trek...

Pleased with this hostel, I recommend you stay here. Comfy bed, very clean facilities especially the shower and toilet. Breakfast was included and was a good range of options. The staff were polite but i felt they were not so interested in me. It would have been nice for the person checking me in to show me the kitchen and bedroom rather than just point. Maybe also a little talk as to the activities in Ghent? Little differences can make a big difference. Good hostel :)

The hostel is one of the nicest I have been in, the family who manage it is absolutely adorable and they make you feel as if you were at home. All the facilities are almost new and the decoration of the place is really cool. I would recommend it to everyone and I would go back without any doubt.

It is the best hostel I was in in Belgium. Clean, friendly and very accomodating staff. The location is close enough to walk to everything including the train station. Breakfast was good and plenty. All in all a great hostel experience.