KaBa Hostel Reviews

Filips van Arteveldestraat 35, Gent, Belgium

The hostel in general is very clean and cozy. During my stay I think me and my friends were the only ones there, which I didn't see any problem on sharing the one bathroom and shower (We were 4, but it is supposed to be shared by 15). The staff was very helpful, even though they take too long to show up (or don't) when you ask for them in the reception (they stay somewhere else and you have to ring a bell). To get to the city center, you have to walk around 15min.

Hi, thanks for your honest review. We sincerely aplogise taking too long to show up but during the day we are cleaning the hostel and than we don't always hear it if someone rings the reception bell. You stayed in our 5-beddorm. Even though the bathroom is not in the room, this dorm is the only one who have to use it. The other 2 rooms on the floor have private bathrooms. So you don't have to share the bathroom with 15 people but with maximum 5 people. Good to know ;-)

The staff was nice enough, but not very friendly. It's not a party hostel by any means, which wasn't what I was looking for anyway. It was a little expensive for what it was, but that may just be because Belgium is expensive.

Hostel was about a 15 minute walk into the city centre, which was not that bad. The facilities were very clean and the breakfast was exceptional: had cereal, fruit, toast and even eggs! Overall though it was hard to meet people as it lacked atmosphere as not many people used the common room.

Fantastic hostel! I enjoyed my stay there very much. The artwork in the rooms and throughout the hostel was very cool. The only remark is that the wifi was pretty much unusable. I could connect but it was so slow that it caused some annoyance.

It was great to stay there, very nice counter, clean rooms, nice people. I want to go there again

A really cute little hostel. Not too good for meeting people, but maybe that's because I went in the off season. Only issue: my room was infested with mosquitoes. I stayed here for two nights and both nights I killed around 5 mosquitoes, I don't know where they came from or how they got in. Other than that it's a nice hostel.

Wonderful, helpful staff. Phenomenal breakfast and room. Walls are a bit thin, but I guess that is standard with hostels.

Very nice hostel! Had a very enjoyable time. Massive self service kitchen that had everything you needed. Breakfast was fantastic and rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The only down sound was that the Internet was a bit slow at times but nothing too serious. Hostel staff were fantastic and friendly.

We were so glad they were able to accomodate us in a short notice, the staff was nice and helpful. We loved the kitchen and the rooms were comfortable and clean.

Our last minute booking in Gent turned out to be much better than expected. Friendly staff, clean and cosy room and great breakfast (fruit, coffee, milk, cereal, toasts, spreads, eggs..)!! Definitely I would recommend this hostel! David

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Friendly staff. Cozy hostel. Great paintings and art on the wall, very reminiscent of the beautiful art and graffiti around Ghent. Breakfast included with stay helps you get a great start on the day.

Great hostel, nice rooms, very good kitchen, lovely common room that you can interact with people, clean toilet and bath, nice staff - helpful and smiling-. I really liked the vibe in this hostel, true place to be for a traveller.

Nice small hostel in a quite area. The beds are comfortable although the metal ladders are a little too noisy if you have a bunk mate that gets up a lot at night. NIce common / TV area. Nice large kitchen. Had a little mosquito problem in the room (ended up killing 5-6).

Just stayed at KaBa for one night. Thought we'd miss the cut off time and the staff was very flexible. Very happy to be given new linens and a secure locker for the night. Our 6 bed wasn't full, but comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was great (fresh fruit and bread and cereals and teas). Perfect. This was our first hostel stay and it exceeded our expectations. It was easily walkable to the center of town and of course Gent is a gorgeous Ducth city so that helped too. Thank you KaBa!

This hostel was great. We spent there just one night, but it was the right decision. Stuff were great, breakfast was fair, rooms and toilets were clean, location perfect since it was just a five-minute walk from city centre and different bars to have a nice beer. Atmosphere was great and the decoration of the hostel very catching. Thanks a lot for the experience! Definitely visiting again if in Ghent again!

An excellent lodging. B&B quality. Spotless, fresh, open and airy throughout, with a nice back garden. Solid good quality furniture and appointments. Nothing old or wornout. Lovely fresh bedding on comfortable beds. Great showers and kitchen. 24 hour espresso/coffee and a nice selection of good, healthy and satisfying food for breakfast. And the young couple who own and run the hostel are charming, as well as super helpful and very kind.

Really enjoyed our stay, hostel had a great warm and homely feel to it in bedrooms, washrooms and common areas - good quality breakfast too compared to other places we stayed. We liked that it was a smaller hostel with less crowded feel, and bike parking outside very helpful. Didn't get to use garden but looked lovely. Overall our favourite hostel of the 5 we stayed in during our trip - recommend it!

• 17th Sep 2015

Wonderful place, great atmosphere, excellent breakfast and really nice kitchen. Highly recommended. The only thing I would change is to add another shower.

We spent there one night and everything was perfect. Very good and abundant breakfast and the atmosphere was very pleasant especially because of the colourful art that is everywhere in the hostel. The staff was very nice helping us with all the information we needed about trains and about the city.

This hostel is in a great location in a safe area. It was walking distance from damport train station and the centre and had very friendly staff who let us leave our bags before check in. Fantastic communal facilities - a garden, tv, lap top and a big kitchen with all appliances. The room was clean, comfy and had quirky decoration. Breakfast was provided and was very good and there was a much appreciated hair dryer in the room too! I recommend this hostel and would stay again.