Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

Kabul was one of the better hostels we've stayed in. The location is absolutely the best thing about it as it is walking distance from the beach and the center of most barce nightlife. Be weary of the euro beers that they try and sell you bc they keep them in the sewers so clean the tops. If you want good drugs it is an excellent place to find some but be careful of pickpockets in that square. So sneaky.

• 13th Nov 2014

Amazing place for solo travellers to make new friends. It's cleanliness is ok and staff aren't very welcoming or nice. But amazing location and value for money the pros deffo weigh out the cons

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The only issue I had with the place was the cockroach I found crawling across the back of my hand.

• 5th Nov 2014

Great athmospere, perfect location, beds could be better..

The fact that there were no outlets by the beds was a huge drawback and would be enough for me to suggest to others not to stay there. It is very inconvenient to not be able to charge your phone while you are sleeping when I need it during the day and have to spend 2 hours guarding it downstairs in the lobby when you could be exploring the city during that time. The location however was excellent and the staff was very helpful. They also had a guard in hostel at night which made you feel safe.

• 26th Oct 2014

A wonderful stay Thank you :)

• 26th Oct 2014

No words needed, the best hostel I've ever been!

This was definitely worth the money and I will be recommending it!

We decide to go to kabul because of it's reputation and because we wanted to have fun in barcelona, even if we saw some bad comments on here. We should have listen to them ! The staff is TERRIBLE, never saw people that rude working in hostel before. Everything is an extra, the bar has only beer and really bad sangria. They bring you to clubs each night but they are really expensive, not for poor backpackers like us ! And of course, no plugs in the room which was soooo annoying !

the hand drier in the bathrooms are very very loud. it makes impossible to sleep. it ruined my sleep every night. and front desk staff said they couldn't do anything, even shutting it down during the night.

We note your comments, we will look to resolve this. Thank you.

Have to pay 10 euro to buy a towel, not available for rent. Location is amazing but otherwise just a bad hostel, we left after one night. Go stay at st. Christopher's down the street it's worth the extra money

The hostel is nice but there isn't plugs to charge phone or machines, I was very upset because that is so simple to setup!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • wellington_fob

The best hostel I've ever been! Nice and friendly staff. They organise great party too (and beer pong every night)! And they cook dinner! WTF man never experienced that before! Awesome and keep up the good work!

Enjoyable stay, definitely! I could not confirm the unfriendliness of the staff as stated by others. They may not be as eager to help, open or charming is the ones in the Sankt Jordi Albert - however, they solve the problems you have and try to help you to find solutions. Missing power plugs in the room? The Hostel states, thats because of a high theft rate. There are dozens over dozens of them in the shared area or you just leave your gadget at the reception. I also had no problem with noise

Probably one of the worst hostels that I've stayed at. There are no power points in the rooms, you have to keep bringing your electronics down to reception for charging. There are no locks on the shower cubicle doors. The shower water pressure was weak. And the aircon in my room didn't work. I decided to leave early.

Unfortunately your bad stay, just say that right now we are improving the hostel to avoid such problems. Thank you.

The best location, great atmosphere, really nice staff! They were remodeling the hostel when we stayed there, installing outlets in every room, so great plus! At night there are some sketchy characters in the area around the hostel, but can't get a better location!

I arrived to the hostel at 11:00 PM. I was told I had to wait till midnight to check into my room. In the meantime, the receptionist offered me to hang out in the lounge along with a free beer, which I thought was welcoming. The location of the hostel given the price is unbeaten. This is a perfect place to stay if you're solo traveling, just as I was. You will meet new people as long as you're open to do so. Rooms aren't super clean, but the living conditions are reasonable. Great stay!!!

• 12th Oct 2014

This hostel was a great social and fun hostel. All the outlets and Wi-fi are basically only accessible in the lounge which means that everyone is down there hanging out. This forces you to be social and meet fellow travelers. The staff are also very friendly, and the hostel has a good happy hour deal. There is a weird ticket system to get many amenities like beer, towels, etc.. but it's not too big of a deal. Overall very fun place to meet others and to party.

• 10th Oct 2014

We note your comments about the wifi to fix them. Thank you.

Really good part hostel, located next to Las Ramblas with its pros and cons. Friendly staff. Limited drink list in the bar (only 3 choices). Would recommend the hostel to friends that want to party but I will inform them that it has a couple of years of wear and tear.

So. Much. Fun. Located in Placa Reial which is a gorgeous square just off La Rambla, wild pub crawl every night, happy hour at midnight before we go clubbing every night, amazing people, super cool bartenders, bumpin music, pool table and foosball table, LOVED THIS PLACE. Only thing is that there are no plug ins to charge phones in the rooms. This hostel was so much fun, and I made amazing memories here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5