Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

It's definitely THE legendary party hostel, and for this reason, I am really glad I experienced it. But worst review I've ever written. I arrived in the hostel at 11pm and could not check out until after midnight, the blond girl was so not comprehensive and really thought it was normal that I arrived in my room at 12:30am, rude. They didn't advertise any activity. Not super clean. The plugs indicated in the lockers didn't exist. Nice dark hair girl in the mornings and guy at the bar.

Awesome hostel. It is a party hostel, so if you're looking for a quiet time it's not for you. Awesome staff, Tony the bartender is the man. Super cheap, fantastic atmosphere. The people are all super friendly and open. Plus breakfast and dinner are included for those on a budget. The location can't be beat, neighborhood is so vibrant. Plus they organize events every night that are very inclusive. Would definitely recommend!

Best location in Barcelona and a very well organized hostel. The rooms were small but very tidy. Younger population but then I'm older in my 30s. Electronic key cards that accessed floor, room, and giant locker in the room were very efficient. Plenty of storage. Beds solid. Lounge area with billiards and bar but always quite loud. Windows onto the plaza which by the way is the night life center of Barcelona. Top clubs are right here in the square. I would stay again.

Amazing party hostel for people who want to have an awesome time and meet plenty of people who want to do the same. By far the best experiences I've had in hostel. Only downside is if you're looking for an undisturbed peaceful night you want get it here!

• 12th Aug 2015

The perfect hostel for anyone looking to party. They provide nightly entertainment around the city including party buses and discounts to the clubs. Perfect atmosphere for meeting new people!

Staying on the fifth floor with no shower facilities was a drag and running out of dinner every night we were there was pretty uncool. Don't advertise dinner and always run out.

• 8th Aug 2015

This hostel is great! I've stayed here twice and I know if I come to barcelona again I'm guaranteed to have good time if I stay at Kabul.

• 7th Aug 2015

Pretty average in general, staff not very friendly - I think because there's so many guests, there's a view that there is not much need to be friendly. My room smelt so bad, as did my friends. Good location but overpriced

An awesome time. 2 happy hours every day and pub crawls. Bartender guy was awesome but the rest of the staff didn't really care about anything.

Amazing location, really helpful staff and a really fun atmosphere!

Stayed a couple of nights here while interrailing.The best thing about the hostel is the very central location. Rooms& shared bathrooms were clean. Big lockers that fit all of our stuff and you can charge your phone in the locker as well. AC was broken the first night so it was very hot,but the fixed it first thing in the morning. Although there was a lot of partying ,the hallways and our room was completely quiet. Staff was very friendly and humorous. Suitable for interrailers,backpackers etc!

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Norway

This Hostel is amazing. The location it's perfect and the atmosphere to. I recommend the kabul for all !

• 2nd Aug 2015

Fantastic atmosphere, could have stayed longer because of great location. Would highly recommend this hostel.

• 27th Jul 2015

The front desk staff aren't exactly the friendliest people. Actually, they're quite rude and not that helpful. The room I stayed at was not bad, in a 6 all female dorm and the showers was all right. Just wish I didn't have to press the button every 5 seconds to have the water run. My friends who stayed in mixed dorm on the 5th floor said the bathrooms were filthy. The only good thing about the hostel was that it was located next to jamboree which was a lot of fun to go dancing at.

• 25th Jul 2015

Great hostel and very good bar upstairs.

It's a party hostel. It's loud. It's young and it well located.

We would recommend this hostel to those traveling on a tight budget! This hostel provided free walking tours every day at two scheduled times. Our tour guide Lauren was amazing!! The hostel also provided free dinner every night, which was always good! The hostel also had great drink prices available! The staff gave us a lot of great recommendations for places to eat and things to see! The only complaint is that the rooms are dingy and there are no outlets except for one inside each locker.

Awesome hostel! The free breakfast and dinner is nice and the cheap deals at the bar makes it a great place to chill.

Over priced, room was absolutely tiny and had absolutely nothing in it! I would only recommend this hostel for the location but it lacked any atmosphere, and is definitely not worth the money.

I had a great time at Kabul. The location is unmatched in the city and facilities/cleanliness were very nice for a hostel of its Sizemore size. Would definitely recommend to stay there for anyone traveling to Barcelona. Some staff were more helpful than others but that is a very tiny complaint

• 16th Jul 2015