Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

I think that Kabul is the best option as hostel for Barcelona. The only bad thing is the staff, they aren't so friendly and atencious. But the place is perfect, in the main street of Barcelona, there are a very good breakfast and a free dinner (that's enough) and the atmosphere is excellent, I've met lots of people there. I'm sure that it's the best option for Barcelona.

Great party hostel for young travellers looking to have a good time.

DO NOT USE THE LAUNDRY FACILITY. I ended up spent €13. Washing mechine doesnt spin so all you laundry awfully wet and i need to use dryer 3 times to completely dry my laundry. We can hear clearly everyone talking/noise in the room. All guest i dealt with never smile,always looked grumpy except for the guy who worked midnight. They charge you for luggage storage. However Great location and they provide you electronic locker.

Kabul is definitely catered towards group interractions and meeting people, so while the rooms are not the best, they have done a great job with the common spaces and group activities. Of the three hostels I stayed at on my trip, this is spot I met the most people. Most of the staff is pretty rude, but the bartender was really friendly and had great advice on where good local spots were. Overall, I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a livelier crowd, but only for a few nights.

Excellent choice for who wish a nice place to stay for low price. They offer breakfast and dinner! Amazing atmosphere.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Kabul was one of the better hostels we've stayed in. The location is absolutely the best thing about it as it is walking distance from the beach and the center of most barce nightlife. Be weary of the euro beers that they try and sell you bc they keep them in the sewers so clean the tops. If you want good drugs it is an excellent place to find some but be careful of pickpockets in that square. So sneaky.

• 13th Nov 2014

Amazing place for solo travellers to make new friends. It's cleanliness is ok and staff aren't very welcoming or nice. But amazing location and value for money the pros deffo weigh out the cons

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The only issue I had with the place was the cockroach I found crawling across the back of my hand.

• 5th Nov 2014

I had a great time here. Some of the best facilities of any hostel, free locker, free dinner every night, a club every night, plus tons of other activities. The staff were sluggish, and unknowledgable. For example when I asked about bike rentals they just pointed at a pamphlet, for a place thats double the price of another bike rental just across the street. They also wouldn't give me back my key card deposit because I checked out 30 mins late. I don' like being nickle and dimed.

Great athmospere, perfect location, beds could be better..

The fact that there were no outlets by the beds was a huge drawback and would be enough for me to suggest to others not to stay there. It is very inconvenient to not be able to charge your phone while you are sleeping when I need it during the day and have to spend 2 hours guarding it downstairs in the lobby when you could be exploring the city during that time. The location however was excellent and the staff was very helpful. They also had a guard in hostel at night which made you feel safe.

A wonderful stay Thank you :)

• 26th Oct 2014

No words needed, the best hostel I've ever been!

This was definitely worth the money and I will be recommending it!

We decide to go to kabul because of it's reputation and because we wanted to have fun in barcelona, even if we saw some bad comments on here. We should have listen to them ! The staff is TERRIBLE, never saw people that rude working in hostel before. Everything is an extra, the bar has only beer and really bad sangria. They bring you to clubs each night but they are really expensive, not for poor backpackers like us ! And of course, no plugs in the room which was soooo annoying !

the hand drier in the bathrooms are very very loud. it makes impossible to sleep. it ruined my sleep every night. and front desk staff said they couldn't do anything, even shutting it down during the night.

We note your comments, we will look to resolve this. Thank you.

The hostel is nice but there isn't plugs to charge phone or machines, I was very upset because that is so simple to setup!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • wellington_fob

The best hostel I've ever been! Nice and friendly staff. They organise great party too (and beer pong every night)! And they cook dinner! WTF man never experienced that before! Awesome and keep up the good work!

Enjoyable stay, definitely! I could not confirm the unfriendliness of the staff as stated by others. They may not be as eager to help, open or charming is the ones in the Sankt Jordi Albert - however, they solve the problems you have and try to help you to find solutions. Missing power plugs in the room? The Hostel states, thats because of a high theft rate. There are dozens over dozens of them in the shared area or you just leave your gadget at the reception. I also had no problem with noise

Probably one of the worst hostels that I've stayed at. There are no power points in the rooms, you have to keep bringing your electronics down to reception for charging. There are no locks on the shower cubicle doors. The shower water pressure was weak. And the aircon in my room didn't work. I decided to leave early.

Unfortunately your bad stay, just say that right now we are improving the hostel to avoid such problems. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4