Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

My second time in this hostel and it's always very nice. If you like parties it's the place to be

Very bad hostel to say the least, no phone chargers in your room (need to charge at reception) we stayed on level 4, so was a real pain when you wanted to use/charge your phone. The bar set up is ridiculous, you need to purchase tickets each time you want to buy drinks, doesnt sound too bad, but in a busy pub it is hands down worst system ive ever seen. Beds and bathrooms arent the best either. Location is the only thing saving this hostel from being the worst ive stayed at.

I was in a mixed dorm and arrived to find the room smelt bad. Someone had vomited in a bed sheet at put it under the bed. The room was not cleaned prior to checking in, even though they made us wait until checkin time to go to the room. We could not charge our phones anywhere but in the lobby or behind the desk at reception. They have a lot of computers which was handy. Huge party hostel, lots of males and sometimes didn't feel safe even in the common area around midnight and early mornin

Whoever built this Hostel knew what they were doing. They spent time on the details that matter to the guest. Each room has big hulk proof steel safes that can fit all of your luggage and more. The same RFID key opens the safe, your room door and the front door, genius! Power outlets are all downstairs, making it social. It is located in the heart of La Rambla; a prime place to be. Bar downstairs with happy hour is nice but it closes at 1am so there is nowhere to hang out after going out.

Great location and awesome common area. No outlets in the room so it's inconvenient since I could only charge my phone while in the common room. Staff was not the friendliess but facilities were decently clean, plus rooms have A/C which was nice

First night I slept with my shirt off and woke up with a few bite marks. 3 nights later at the hostel I was covered in bed bug bites and I heard a few other people in the hostel also had bed bugs. The room was cleaned daily but the bed sheet/blanket also need washing. Apart from this the bar and location was great.

Top top place with friendly staff. Great location. Pool table, bar, and happy hour what more do you need

Owner walks around and completely kills the vibe. He invites his friends for drinks on the balcony and then closes the terrace to the people staying here when his guests leave. Receptionists are quite rude. Bartenders are pretty cool though. Won't stay here again - Kabuls not what it used to be. They haven't kept up with the times.

I'm not usually prone to writing negative reviews for accommodation, because usually any issues i have aren't the fault of the hostel but rather other guests staying there at the time. Kabul is an exception to this rule. Over our four nights there it was hard to pinpoint whether it was the horrific wifi, the lack of power points in rooms, the lazy/rude staff or the constantly malfunctioning room keys that ruined our stay. Want to party in Barcelona? Stay somewhere else.

Depending on what you're looking for, this hostel was more like a club to me. It's huge and fill out of douchebags. My dorm had 40 beds or something. On my first night a completely naked and blackout drunk girl came in our dorm I don't know how, and she started peeing right beside my bed. Just go for a more relax and smaller hostel. There would be less chance to have stranger peeing in your dorm there.

Staff are pretty terrible but a fun hostel nonetheless

Staff are pathetic. Especially the old Spanish bloke on reception. Bar is good and cheap. Location is prime. Rooms that look out onto the square are really nice.

If you aren't looking to party, and I mean like really party as in black out and get really messed up DO NOT stay here. People are crazy here, as in running around the halls naked and consuming all kinds of drugs. Staff doesn't really leave the lobby so pretty much anything goes. Lobby is cool, but the rooms are a bit dirty. Also, you can't charge your phone in the room as there are no plugs. Good time but was ready to leave.

Great location and bar, that's where the positives end Staff were terrible. Got there at 11.50pm to have them tell us theyre changing shifts so we hav to wait 10 mins. 35 mins later they served us and it was made out to be the hardest thing ever! No power socket in the rooms. Terrible lockers that never open. Terrible bathrooms. The worst hostel

BEST HOSTEL!!!!! Great atmosphere. Absolutely perfect location. Common area is great. Definitely one of my abortive hostels ever. If you love to party and are ready for little sleep and a lot if fun then stay here! Will be back!

-Don't stay here if you are worried about valuables getting stolen. Very dodgy crowd and hostel staff seem very suss. -They dont have powerpoints in the room so you are forced to charge in the common room (wifi in common room is terrible) -They have very good organised tours and social events. However they dont take you to any bars which Barcelona is famous for. They only take you to the big nightclubs which are extremely overpriced. It had the feel that we were just an atm for them.

Dirty. Rude staff who is unwilling to help, especially with broken lockers. My "clean" sheets and blankets were covered in hair. Great location. The party atmosphere is good if you want to meet people. Don't expect much more.

On my first day they opened the “Safety locker” get all my stuff that was out of my backpack (including my money) and bring it back to the reception and said me that they give me the wrong locker. After that on my last night ALL MY MONEY WAS STOLEN FROM INSIDE MY LOCKER. Only the hostel employees have copy of the key to open.

The only good things are the very great location and the walking tour, with an australian very interesting and nice. The staff in the hostel didn't know Barcelona, they were not able to give us tip to where eating, where going out, etc. The bedroom were very small and hot and the shower were really dirty, with door who doesn't close. Everynight, they bring us to a very fancy club and they don't give options for people who prefer smaller bars or more casual clubs.

This was a very kind of a hostel. Less of a hostel, more of a pub or something. Do not necessarily recommend if travelling on your own. excellent location and good for parties, if you coming with a group and like clubbing this might work well for you. The staff here is more like a hotel staff and not hostel staff, so that does not work for me. But I did meet some interesting people here and did not have a issue with anything, still its less of a hostel.