Kabul Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Plaza Real 17, Barcelona, Spain

I'm not usually prone to writing negative reviews for accommodation, because usually any issues i have aren't the fault of the hostel but rather other guests staying there at the time. Kabul is an exception to this rule. Over our four nights there it was hard to pinpoint whether it was the horrific wifi, the lack of power points in rooms, the lazy/rude staff or the constantly malfunctioning room keys that ruined our stay. Want to party in Barcelona? Stay somewhere else.

Depending on what you're looking for, this hostel was more like a club to me. It's huge and fill out of douchebags. My dorm had 40 beds or something. On my first night a completely naked and blackout drunk girl came in our dorm I don't know how, and she started peeing right beside my bed. Just go for a more relax and smaller hostel. There would be less chance to have stranger peeing in your dorm there.

Staff are pretty terrible but a fun hostel nonetheless

Staff are pathetic. Especially the old Spanish bloke on reception. Bar is good and cheap. Location is prime. Rooms that look out onto the square are really nice.

If you aren't looking to party, and I mean like really party as in black out and get really messed up DO NOT stay here. People are crazy here, as in running around the halls naked and consuming all kinds of drugs. Staff doesn't really leave the lobby so pretty much anything goes. Lobby is cool, but the rooms are a bit dirty. Also, you can't charge your phone in the room as there are no plugs. Good time but was ready to leave.

Great location and bar, that's where the positives end Staff were terrible. Got there at 11.50pm to have them tell us theyre changing shifts so we hav to wait 10 mins. 35 mins later they served us and it was made out to be the hardest thing ever! No power socket in the rooms. Terrible lockers that never open. Terrible bathrooms. The worst hostel

BEST HOSTEL!!!!! Great atmosphere. Absolutely perfect location. Common area is great. Definitely one of my abortive hostels ever. If you love to party and are ready for little sleep and a lot if fun then stay here! Will be back!

-Don't stay here if you are worried about valuables getting stolen. Very dodgy crowd and hostel staff seem very suss. -They dont have powerpoints in the room so you are forced to charge in the common room (wifi in common room is terrible) -They have very good organised tours and social events. However they dont take you to any bars which Barcelona is famous for. They only take you to the big nightclubs which are extremely overpriced. It had the feel that we were just an atm for them.

Dirty. Rude staff who is unwilling to help, especially with broken lockers. My "clean" sheets and blankets were covered in hair. Great location. The party atmosphere is good if you want to meet people. Don't expect much more.

On my first day they opened the “Safety locker” get all my stuff that was out of my backpack (including my money) and bring it back to the reception and said me that they give me the wrong locker. After that on my last night ALL MY MONEY WAS STOLEN FROM INSIDE MY LOCKER. Only the hostel employees have copy of the key to open.

The only good things are the very great location and the walking tour, with an australian very interesting and nice. The staff in the hostel didn't know Barcelona, they were not able to give us tip to where eating, where going out, etc. The bedroom were very small and hot and the shower were really dirty, with door who doesn't close. Everynight, they bring us to a very fancy club and they don't give options for people who prefer smaller bars or more casual clubs.

This was a very kind of a hostel. Less of a hostel, more of a pub or something. Do not necessarily recommend if travelling on your own. excellent location and good for parties, if you coming with a group and like clubbing this might work well for you. The staff here is more like a hotel staff and not hostel staff, so that does not work for me. But I did meet some interesting people here and did not have a issue with anything, still its less of a hostel.

This is THE party hostel. When I went down stairs I thought I was already out and about to party. This place is party it self before you even go out. You will have a great time here if that what you are looking for. The wifi here was having some problems when I was there but they have computer for you. Staff was ok, some better then other. It's so many people so they stay pretty busy. The location is wonderful also.

A very good hostel.Great atmosphere-i keep coming back!

Stayed 5 days, great location, friendly staff, ask about the tours

Great hostel to stay in...Located in the center, easy access to the metro, famous praza Real, a few minutes walk to the beach and night clubs....

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Belgium

The most fun hostel I have stayed at. It is a venue where you will have a great time and party a lot. The free dinner brings everyone to the bar and everyone mingles, then most go on a small pub crawl which ends back at the hostel bar where from 12-1:30 was more fun than any of the other bars and clubs I went to.

The only bad thing about my stay was that the girl responsible for touristic tips was in a really bad mood and wasn't very helpful, but I have no other complains and I definetely recommend this hostel, specially if you're looking for good party.

A great hostel. First of all, location couldn't be better. Second it has a great buzz, perfect if you're traveling alone and want to meet people. Being in a 22-beds wasn't that challenging at all, was fun actually. I loved the lounge area were everybody gathered for free dinner (yes, dinner too!!), to grab a beer (especially during happy hours!), play pool . Also, hostel organizes a lot of fun activities, such as pub crawls, walking tours, flamenco nights etc. It's pretty safe too. I recommend.

Make sure you know what you're getting into here. If you want a party atmosphere this is it. If that's not what you want you need to look elsewhere. Location is great during day too and the Square is quite fun but at night it can be dangerous and overwhelming.